Start by marking “Rocking Serene (Growing Up at Connect, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rocking Serene (Growing Up at Connect, #2)

Rocking Serene

(Growing Up at Connect #2)

This is a story
About making music,
And touching the supernatural.
About creating art,
And embracing the radical.
About taking risks,
And rejecting the typical.
About choosing love,
And forgiving the prodigal.

This is the story of childhood sweethearts,
Nolan and Serene,
Who painted and played glimpses of heaven,
Lost themselves in all the fame and wonder,
And found themselves still lo
Kindle Edition
Published April 18th 2018 by Istoria Publications

To ask other readers questions about Rocking Serene, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocking Serene

Margret
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Wow wow wow, i think i just found a new favorite Christian author. Wow. I loved loved this book. I got it as a freebie but wow, i defiantly would have bought it no doubt. Thank you for your generosity!

The story line is your about a boy and girl, GOD and Music . I don't want to go into detail about the story line and spoil it for future readers but its so real. not mushy mushy at all. Nolan and Serene s story is so romantic but in a real way you can totally relate to not in a "this can never happ
Laron
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A story of two people who fell in love and lost their way. Redemption and grace, true love and the supernatural!

I love this story! it was so relatable in a sense where they EXPERIENCE the presence of God in a miraculous way and yet still find themselves questioning His existence, which is so refreshing because its something almost every Christian has to deal with. I also love the fact that true love prevails between them, even though they went through so much heartbreak. I found myself feeling
Anna Meyer
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A childhood love tainted by bad choices in everyone else's eyes, but love remains. A dream coming true before hurling down in a spiral, but care and concern remain. This beautiful story is permeated by God's saving love that changes people to live how He called them. I felt I could relate to this story, even though it's about a rock star. My heart squealed, especially, during the last scene. I give this book a five-star rating because I would definitely recommend it to friends, especially if the ...more
Dalletta Reed
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Joanna Alonzo provides hints about the location of this story, but allows readers to follow their imagination in terms of what the community looks like. This is a story about growing up being taught about God, church and faith. But it goes farther--taking the two main characters through the process of moving from a religion they have been taught, through the heartbreak of doubting, stumbling and eventually find the relationship with Christ that becomes the foundation of their lives--individually ...more
Nathalie
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quick read but packed with emotions!
A great story that tugs at your heartstrings. The story was well written, I could feel the emotions from each character it was hard to stop reading. One thing I loved about this book is that it gave a glimpse of struggles faced by teens and young people specially those who grew up in church.
Would definitely recommend this book to those who are at a crossroad, broken or struggling with their faith and basically to everyone. It's a must read!!
Deb Chatley
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book that on the surface is about 2 childhood friends and their journey as they each chase their dreams. Can they share a future when they have different values? However the best part of the book is the deeper journey of their walk with God from attending church as children to discovering what part faith and God needs to play in their lives as young adults. They have to answer whether God is just a part of their past or is He heir main reason for living?
Janet Graham
Faith, Love and Rock 'n' Roll
This is a faith filled romance that follows a pair of kids from age 5 through early adulthood. It is a fine story that is sweet and clean. The plot is good and the characters well developed. I will be looking for more of this author's work. I received this book for free and voluntarily chose to post my honest review.
Melissa Bennett
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! Joanna, thank you for the ARC! Nolan and Serene will stay in my memory for a long time. The faith, hope, love and forgiveness wrapped up in a rockstar love story was fabulous!
Brian Davis
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As with Crazy Jenna we are given a beautifully written story of finding love, losing faith, going astray and coming home. I really like that the struggles of the characters seem real and relatable.
Debra Sykes
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book.

I don't normally read books with religious beliefs.
But I didn't mind this book.

Well done Joanna

Thanks for the arc.
Teresa Nasson
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author, Joanna Alonzo. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

Rocking Serene made for a cosy read. It took me back to high school days with the forbidden love story. Watching how the story unfold and to see that love remained throughout the book was sweet. It is filled with experiences that are so relatable. The emotions throughout the book was heartfelt.

Thank you for the opportunity to read this book, Joanna.
Nina
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
awesome book, i loved it music,painting,love,god it was an good book could not stop reading it. i am so happy serene gave him a chance and said yes finally so that was awesome great book.
Joanna Alonzo
Apr 18, 2018 marked it as authored  ·  (Review from the author)
Fiona
Jul 06, 2018
Kate
Aug 09, 2018
Christian Readers: Christian Rock Star Romance 1 6 Apr 21, 2018 09:56PM

Growing Up at Connect (2 books)
  • Crazy Jenna (Growing Up at Connect, #1)