Start by marking “#TheRealCinderella” as Want to Read:
#TheRealCinderella

#TheRealCinderella

(#BestFriendsForever #1)

A modern-day teenage Cinderella. An all-star varsity basketball player. Will the chemistry disappear when they go from anonymous to face-to-face?

Geeky Ella Reyes is at the bottom of the totem pole at Westwood High. Her ultra-popular stepsisters refuse to be seen with her at school, and every day she comes home to a mountain of chores.

Ella’s only friend (and maybe crush)
275 pages
Published April 24th 2018 by Yesenia Vargas

To ask other readers questions about #TheRealCinderella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about #TheRealCinderella

Karen
I'm a huge sucker for fairytale retellings, especially Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast ones
So when I saw this book on Bookbub for free?
Yeah I was all over it!

This book had very "A Cinderella Story" movie vibes. I could easily picture the movie in my head, but instead of a white, blonde-haired girl, Daniela, or Ella is a Puerto Rican, tan skinned, brunette girl.

Ella lives with her (evil) stepmother, Sophia, and (evil) stepsisters Lindsay and Courtney. After her father passed away on her 11
San
Oct 24, 2018 added it
I don't remember when was the last time I finished book in one sitting. I think it was kind of book I need to get out of the reading slump. Review to come
Yoda
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was an entertaining read but something I regret buying and I wont be checking out other books by this author. ...more
Sophie Janet
Top 5 Things You Should Know as to Why This Book is Amazing:

(this might be long, so prepare accordingly. Grab some tea, and then this book) :)

1. It's actually innocent
(if you're like me, the surplus of nasty stuff in books is an immediate discharge for a book. It drags the story down for me and doesn't increase my love for the romance at all. In fact, it weakens it and is a real reason for my angst against the occasional YA...schtuff) You know? But this! This is just purely a well-rounded, no wo
This was a cute YA retelling of the Cinderella story. "Ella" has been left in the custody of her stepmother, Sophia, following the death of her father. Sophia makes her do all the chores in the house to earn Sophia's help paying for college. Sophia has two nasty daughters of her own, etc. etc. Ella has been texting "Baller929" for over a year. It started out as an anonymous study help/tutoring thread, but they became friends. He wants to meet her in real life, but she is insecure. She's a nerd a ...more
Alaina
Another cute ass book for the new year.

I feel Kindle is the man today. Or maybe the woman? Either way, it has been recommending books that I needed today.. and just didn't know. #TheRealCinderella was pretty cute retelling book. It also got me in the mood to watch, A Cinderella Story. I can totally see the similarities because of the step monster and sisters. Ella was just adorable too and it hurt my heart that she didn't feel loved by the people who were supposed to be her family. Also, Sophia
Adriana Martinez Figueroa
Classic tale done different

I love fairytale retellings, especially when done by authors of color. This modern take on Cinderella had reminded me a lot of A Cinderella Story when I first read the description. I was glad to see that though there’s a basic similarity to it (anonymous texting between a popular jock and a smart wallflower, meeting at Homecoming, evil stepfamily) it was nice to see Ella at least get girl friends. I loved her relationships with the BFFs and how they played out. I’d lov
ضحى الحداد
I really can't say much about this book .. it was alright but not the best thing I've read .. there are much better Cinderella retelling than this one, but the idea was nice
SℓιM
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#TheRealCindrella

**** There are spoilers throughout this review*****

This book was so good; I read it in two days tbh, this story is similar to the “A Cinderella Story” but also different in many ways. The crazy thing is both her parents died on her birthday it sucks, but at least she can now celebrate with those who care and love her. Unlike her Step-mom and sisters ... Though, her step-sisters apologize to her finally for being mean unlike her step-mom..
Kate McMurry
G-rated young adult novel.
Cindy Hale
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was impossible to put down! I loved this fun Cinderella retelling. The characters felt real and Yesenia did a great job following the classic fairytale which still adding her own fresh twist.
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crossword
AMAZING BOOK!!!!! I loved this book! Love story of the popular boy and the nerdy girl!! It is not a long book to read!! I could recommend this book to everyone!! LOVED IT!!!!!!!
Joelle
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute, but meh.
Dee Ownbey
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
I love Cinderella storylines and the story was kind of cute but sounded way too much like the movies. Also the typos and grammar wasn’t the greatest.
Alexandra (Books-In-A-Storm)
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
It was cute. Ella is very interesting. It’s a very typical Cinderella story. Her step-mother and step sisters are horrible as always. She has a very neat friendship with Baller929 and you watch their friendship become something more when she finds out who he really is. The end wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. Don’t get me wrong it was a good ending but there was so much more that could have been added to it to make it just that much better.
Seo
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you've seen "A Cinderella story" you've pretty much read this book. It was one of my favourite movies growing up, so I didn't really mind it, and I'm such a sucker for a Cinderella retelling... The plot is basically that movie plus The sisterhood of the traveling pants. Some characters even are alike. The basketball player (view spoiler) character was a bit "missing", I would have liked to read more of him, we didn't get to know him. I hope that in the next one he gets m ...more
Kira Schumacher
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute read, obviously rather predictable, but I liked the characterization and the changes the author made from "A Cinderella Story", which seems to have been a very close model for this book (as in to say, the likeness is striking). Feels like watching a teenie movie and does entertain you perfectly. I found myself quite unwilling to stop reading, when real life asked me to.
Melanie Hooyenga
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute retelling of Cinderella, with an added bonus of a group of girls who become BFFs. The friendships feel real, despite the girls' differences (just like high school) and the slow burn with Baller929 is adorable. A very fun book!
Katya Williams- paige
So good!!!

I loved this book!!! This book was clean and still intriguing for a YA novel. I really enjoyed the character details, it was just enough but not too much to lose someone’s attention. I don’t normally review books but this book deserve more than five stars!
Kathryn Bullivant
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet read. Exactly what I needed after some rather intense reads the last few days.
elle❤️
sooooooooooooo, it's a easy, quick, fluff, cute read.

That's about it.

I took me only like 4 hrs to read it. Maybe 3 actually. If your looking for a laid-back read, this is it.
It sticks to your standard story with a few twists and turns.
I like that the main was Latina...(*bias cause I am too,lol) but I found it a bit unrealistic that ALL the characters were Spanish too😒liiiiike, hello🤦🏻♀. It would have been more interesting if they were all of different nationality in my opinion🤷🏻♀.
I can't rea
Bookish_Sally
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cinderella fairytale retelling.
Your typical evil stepmom and stepsisters, along with your fairytale prince, comes a twist on modern day high school where a nerdy girl and your high school basketball star athlete connect.
While reading this story, I felt a connection between this story and that of The Sisterhood of The traveling Pants as well as the movie A Cinderella Story.
I felt the need to read this story in one sitting. It kept me intrigued and I enjoyed meeting all the characters. My favor
Pauline Anne
Shelves: polankasag
A cute modern retelling of a fairytale classic - Cinderella,set in a high school. All the characters are there- wicked( let's say- unpleasant!) stepmother, evil stepsisters (two spoilt, mean girl cheerleaders!) , fairy godmother (bffs and school counsellor), Prince Charming ( school jock) and last but not least Cinders herself - Ella (computer geek/ general dogsbody).
Can't wait to read the next installments as I'm sure each bbf has an interesting tale to tell.
Nice,clean read for teens and the ro
Ashley Hedden
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#TheRealCinderella was another great read by Yesenia Vargas. This was a great modern telling of Cinderella. Ella has been talking to Baller929 online for the last year and considers him her only friend. They have the chance to meet at the Halloween ball but Ella isn’t sure if she wants to meet him yet. I loved reading this book and can’t wait to read more by Yesenia Vargas.
Ashley Hedden
Leebecki Whitehead
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A modern day Cinderella story but even better I couldn’t put the book down I was gripped from the start right to the end I was actually sad when I finished reading it asi didn’t want it to end.

Ella, lives with her stepmum and half sisters her life is not great and her only real friend is someone she met on a school forum, he wants to meet her but she’s not sure weather to, soon her life changes for the better......I’m not saying no more as I don’t want to give the story away, all I will say is y
Melanie
I love Cinderella retellings but there is only so much you can do with them, and unfortunately this book really didn't offer much, in fact it was a little too much like a Cinderella story to truly appreciate it.
Kim F
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong, intriguing characters. I want to read more from this author. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Jessica Fether
I am a sucker for fairy tale rewrites. This one just felt like the plot was on fast forward the whole time. I enjoyed it, but I think it would have been a higher rating if the plot had been stretched out a bit more.

• The Perfect League (Briarwood High #3)
  • Resisting the Rebel
  • Good Luck Charm  (Holiday High, #2)
  • Stage Kiss (Mountain Creek Drive #1)
  • Runaway Girl (Runaway Rockstar Series Book 1)
  • Don't Kiss the Messenger (Edgelake High School, #1)
  • You Can't Catch Me
  • Dating on the Dork Side
  • James Games
  • The Almost Boyfriend
  • My Sort-of, Kind-of Hero
  • The Promposal (The Ugly Stepsister #2)
  • Save Me
  • In Plain Sight
  • External Forces (The Laws of Motion #1)
  • Zocopalypse (Death Fields, #1)
  • Hushed
  • All Laced Up (All Laced Up, #1)
I write young adult fiction about teens who are figuring out what it means to make your own choices.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy reading, spending time with family, staying fit, and binge-watching Netflix. In 2013, I graduated from the University of Georgia, the first in my family to go to college.

I live in Georgia with my husband and two little girls. I also share helpful tips for indie authors

#BestFriendsForever (6 books)
  • #LoveToHateThatBoy
  • #GoodGirlBadBoy (#BestFriendsForever, #3)
  • #TheBoyfriendDare (#BestFriendsForever, #4)
  • #AllIWantForChristmas (#BestFriendsForever, #5)
  • #BreakingTheRules (#BestFriendsForever, #6)
“Sophia had made it clear after my dad had died that he hadn’t left much money.” 0 likes
“you are loved, you are important, and you will succeed. I believe in you. Believe in yourself.” 0 likes