Start by marking “#TheRealCinderella” as Want to Read:
#TheRealCinderella

#TheRealCinderella

(#BestFriendsForever #1)

A modern-day teenage Cinderella. An all-star varsity basketball player. Will the chemistry disappear when they go from anonymous to face-to-face?

Geeky Ella Reyes is at the bottom of the totem pole at Westwood High. Her ultra-popular stepsisters refuse to be seen with her at school, and every day she comes home to a mountain of chores.

Ella’s only friend (and maybe crush)
275 pages
Published April 24th 2018 by Yesenia Vargas (first published April 18th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about #TheRealCinderella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about #TheRealCinderella

Start your review of #TheRealCinderella
*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆*
I'm a huge sucker for fairytale retellings, especially Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast ones
So when I saw this book on Bookbub for free?
Yeah I was all over it!

This book had very "A Cinderella Story" movie vibes. I could easily picture the movie in my head, but instead of a white, blonde-haired girl, Daniela, or Ella is a Puerto Rican, tan skinned, brunette girl.

Ella lives with her (evil) stepmother, Sophia, and (evil) stepsisters Lindsay and Courtney. After her father passed away on her
Andrea C. *andreandherbookss*
This was such an adorable book! I was so entertained and head-over-heels for it! #TheRealCinderella had so many comparisons to the movie "A Cinderella Story" (which is one of my favorites)!

If you love Cinderella retellings and YA romances, definitely give this book a shot. It was such a sweet and fun read!

P.S. -- if you enjoy audiobooks, the audiobook to this book was part of the reason I enjoyed my experience with it. The story itself was just something that was great to listen to and the
sophia.connects.the.dots
Top 5 Things You Should Know as to Why This Book is Amazing:

(this might be long, so prepare accordingly. Grab some tea, and then this book) :)

1. It's actually innocent
(if you're like me, the surplus of nasty stuff in books is an immediate discharge for a book. It drags the story down for me and doesn't increase my love for the romance at all. In fact, it weakens it and is a real reason for my angst against the occasional YA...schtuff) You know? But this! This is just purely a well-rounded, no
San
Oct 24, 2018 added it
I don't remember when was the last time I finished book in one sitting. I think it was kind of book I need to get out of the reading slump. Review to come
Yoda
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was an entertaining read but something I regret buying and I wont be checking out other books by this author. ...more
 Amelia
Cute and fluffy read but the amount of cliches and cringey scenes is off the charts. I can't say that I didn't enjoy reading this, I really did, but by the end I just couldn't take it seriously. I rolled my eyes so much because there were too many over the top, cringey scenes that not even Disney would put it in their TV shows.

The good stuff
- lots of fun characters and diversity
- a different twist on the original story
- the main interest is ADORABLE
- it's really sweet and a perfect easy read
This was a cute YA retelling of the Cinderella story. "Ella" has been left in the custody of her stepmother, Sophia, following the death of her father. Sophia makes her do all the chores in the house to earn Sophia's help paying for college. Sophia has two nasty daughters of her own, etc. etc. Ella has been texting "Baller929" for over a year. It started out as an anonymous study help/tutoring thread, but they became friends. He wants to meet her in real life, but she is insecure. She's a nerd ...more
Alaina
Another cute ass book for the new year.

I feel Kindle is the man today. Or maybe the woman? Either way, it has been recommending books that I needed today.. and just didn't know. #TheRealCinderella was pretty cute retelling book. It also got me in the mood to watch, A Cinderella Story. I can totally see the similarities because of the step monster and sisters. Ella was just adorable too and it hurt my heart that she didn't feel loved by the people who were supposed to be her family. Also, Sophia
Adriana Martinez Figueroa
Classic tale done different

I love fairytale retellings, especially when done by authors of color. This modern take on Cinderella had reminded me a lot of A Cinderella Story when I first read the description. I was glad to see that though there’s a basic similarity to it (anonymous texting between a popular jock and a smart wallflower, meeting at Homecoming, evil stepfamily) it was nice to see Ella at least get girl friends. I loved her relationships with the BFFs and how they played out. I’d
ضحى الحداد
I really can't say much about this book .. it was alright but not the best thing I've read .. there are much better Cinderella retelling than this one, but the idea was nice
Liz
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Quite enjoyed this YA retelling of Cinderella. A sweet quick read.
Seo
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you've seen "A Cinderella story" you've pretty much read this book. It was one of my favourite movies growing up, so I didn't really mind it, and I'm such a sucker for a Cinderella retelling... The plot is basically that movie plus The sisterhood of the traveling pants. Some characters even are alike. The basketball player (view spoiler) character was a bit "missing", I would have liked to read more of him, we didn't get to know him. I hope that in the next one he gets ...more
Kira Schumacher
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute read, obviously rather predictable, but I liked the characterization and the changes the author made from "A Cinderella Story", which seems to have been a very close model for this book (as in to say, the likeness is striking). Feels like watching a teenie movie and does entertain you perfectly. I found myself quite unwilling to stop reading, when real life asked me to.
SℓιM
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#TheRealCindrella

**** There are spoilers throughout this review*****

This book was so good; I read it in two days tbh, this story is similar to the “A Cinderella Story” but also different in many ways. The crazy thing is both her parents died on her birthday it sucks, but at least she can now celebrate with those who care and love her. Unlike her Step-mom and sisters ... Though, her step-sisters apologize to her finally for being mean unlike her
Madhu MaBookYard -
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
My Rating : 3.5 ...more
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crossword
AMAZING BOOK!!!!! I loved this book! Love story of the popular boy and the nerdy girl!! It is not a long book to read!! I could recommend this book to everyone!! LOVED IT!!!!!!!
Dee Ownbey
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
I love Cinderella storylines and the story was kind of cute but sounded way too much like the movies. Also the typos and grammar wasn’t the greatest.
Cindy Hale
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was impossible to put down! I loved this fun Cinderella retelling. The characters felt real and Yesenia did a great job following the classic fairytale which still adding her own fresh twist.
Kate McMurry
G-rated young adult novel.
Kaća B.
Cute, but meh.
Alexandra (Books-In-A-Storm)
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-to-love
It was cute. Ella is very interesting. It’s a very typical Cinderella story. Her step-mother and step sisters are horrible as always. She has a very neat friendship with Baller929 and you watch their friendship become something more when she finds out who he really is. The end wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. Don’t get me wrong it was a good ending but there was so much more that could have been added to it to make it just that much better.
Coyote Swartz
May 17, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Characters were bland as all hell. I find a lot of characters in Cinderella retelling are all identical. The hero and heroine are sweet and kind and so one dimensional that if you look at them from the right angle they disappear from view. The evil stepsisters and stepmother have little to no motivation for being evil. The herione’s friends are interchangeable, identical, and unrealistic. I felt like I didn’t even know the characters. The plot is something I’ve seen thousands of times (authors ...more
Katya Williams- paige
So good!!!

I loved this book!!! This book was clean and still intriguing for a YA novel. I really enjoyed the character details, it was just enough but not too much to lose someone’s attention. I don’t normally review books but this book deserve more than five stars!
Melanie Hooyenga
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute retelling of Cinderella, with an added bonus of a group of girls who become BFFs. The friendships feel real, despite the girls' differences (just like high school) and the slow burn with Baller929 is adorable. A very fun book!
Kathryn Bullivant
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet read. Exactly what I needed after some rather intense reads the last few days.
elle❤️
sooooooooooooo, it's a easy, quick, fluff, cute read.

That's about it.

I took me only like 4 hrs to read it. Maybe 3 actually. If your looking for a laid-back read, this is it.
It sticks to your standard story with a few twists and turns.
I like that the main was Latina...(*bias cause I am too,lol) but I found it a bit unrealistic that ALL the characters were Spanish tooliiiiike, hello. It would have been more interesting if they were all of different nationality in my opinion.
I can't really say
Bookish_Sally
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cinderella fairytale retelling.
Your typical evil stepmom and stepsisters, along with your fairytale prince, comes a twist on modern day high school where a nerdy girl and your high school basketball star athlete connect.
While reading this story, I felt a connection between this story and that of The Sisterhood of The traveling Pants as well as the movie A Cinderella Story.
I felt the need to read this story in one sitting. It kept me intrigued and I enjoyed meeting all the characters. My
Pauline Anne
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: polankasag
A cute modern retelling of a fairytale classic - Cinderella,set in a high school. All the characters are there- wicked( let's say- unpleasant!) stepmother, evil stepsisters (two spoilt, mean girl cheerleaders!) , fairy godmother (bffs and school counsellor), Prince Charming ( school jock) and last but not least Cinders herself - Ella (computer geek/ general dogsbody).
Can't wait to read the next installments as I'm sure each bbf has an interesting tale to tell.
Nice,clean read for teens and the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Love at First Fight (Geeks Gone Wild Book 1)
  • My Virtual Prince Charming (Geeks Gone Wild Book 2)
  • The Shy Girl and the Football Star (The Sunday Lunchers Book 1)
  • Once Upon a Comic-Con (Geeks Gone Wild Book 3)
  • Misunderstanding the Billionaire's Heir (Sweet Water High, #1)
  • Courtside Crush (Varsity Girlfriends #1)
  • Abi and the Boy Next Door
  • Never Have I Ever Kissed My Brother's Best Friend (Never Ever Love, #1)
  • Never Have I Ever Faked a Boyfriend (Never Ever Love, #2)
  • The Wrong Bachelor
  • I Hate You More
  • Tall, Dark, and Nerdy: A Sweet YA Romance (High School Billionaires Book 1)
  • Rule #1: You Can't Date the Coach's Daughter (The Rules of Love #1)
  • Truth or Dare (A Bayfield High Romance Book 1)
  • Rumor Has It (Rumor Has It, #1)
  • The Perfect Catch (Kissing the Enemy, #1)
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys Book 1)
  • Audible Love: A Young Adult Romance
I write young adult fiction about teens who are figuring out what it means to make your own choices.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy reading, spending time with family, staying fit, and binge-watching Netflix. In 2013, I graduated from the University of Georgia, the first in my family to go to college.

I live in Georgia with my husband and two little girls. I also share helpful tips for indie authors

#BestFriendsForever (6 books)
  • #LoveToHateThatBoy
  • #GoodGirlBadBoy (#BestFriendsForever, #3)
  • #TheBoyfriendDare (#BestFriendsForever, #4)
  • #AllIWantForChristmas (#BestFriendsForever, #5)
  • #BreakingTheRules (#BestFriendsForever, #6)
“Sophia had made it clear after my dad had died that he hadn’t left much money.” 0 likes
“you are loved, you are important, and you will succeed. I believe in you. Believe in yourself.” 0 likes