Start by marking “Hunt Them Down (Pierce Hunt, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hunt Them Down (Pierce Hunt, #1)

Hunt Them Down

(Pierce Hunt #1)

The dark world he’s been fighting against has caught up with him. Will his daughter pay the price?

Former Army Ranger Pierce Hunt is no stranger to violence. Fresh off a six-month suspension, he’s itching to hit a notorious Mexican drug cartel where it hurts, even if that means protecting crime boss Vicente Garcia, a witness in the case against sadistic cartel leader

Published January 1st 2019 by Thomas & Mercer

Start your review of Hunt Them Down (Pierce Hunt, #1)
Dee Arr
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: action
(As of 12/1/18 -- If you are interested in this book, be aware there are some glitches in the release date with Amazon. Hopefully they will have it fixed today...I was able to receive a Kindle edition through Amazon Prime)

The author lost me early on when he wove a plot that I felt was extremely contrived.
We are supposed to believe that a DEA operation designed to take down a major part of a drug cartel would take a reporter along with them. Even if that is believed, no one patted the reporter
Glen
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
A throwback to the Men's Adventure sagas of the 1980's. Pierce Hunt is a ranger turned DEA agent, who plays by his own rules. When his daughter is inadvertently kidnapped by a drug lord, he goes after her, willing to do whatever it takes.

Fast moving, and very readable.
Kevin Dowson
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Slightly belated review, as I finished this book a couple of weeks ago, but here goes.

Having not been aware of this author before taking this as a First Read pick, I wasn't sure what to expect. What I found was an action-loaded vigilante / vengeance story with a main character that has the potential to be another in the Jack Reacher mould. The pace was good, the plot was strong and the writing was of a high standard in the main.

There were a few naïve writing traits that made me believe this
Jeff Benham
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clearly the best book I have read all year! It starts out with Pierce Hunt as a DEA Agent in Chicago as a member of the RRT, Rapid Response Team. Someone got the bright idea of including Luke Moore, a cop hating reporter along on a raid. This is a truly bad idea as Moore starts streaming the raid and tipping off the cartel before the team could move in. So much for taking them by surprise. Because of Moore, Hunt's most promising agent and some innocent slave girls in the warehouse end up dead. ...more
David Dalton
It seems "Hunt Them Down" will be an on-going action series starring Pierce Hunt. I suppose each title will include Hunt in the title somewhere (like the Prey series). Overall I liked this book. It gave me what I wanted in an action thriller. In the eighties this would have been a paperback book first. I picked it up as an Amazon First Read. I will read further adventures of Pierce Hunt, either as a library book or when the book price comes down to a paperback price.
Ed
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Some "Thrillers" we read actually get thrilling only in the last 20 or 30 pages. "Hunt Them Down" puts the petal to the metal starting on page one in this high octane thriller that moves like a runaway freight train. A highly entertaining debut by a very talented author I hope to follow.
Jypsy
Hunt Them Down is the beginning of a new series. The main character is DEA agent Pierce. The story is engaging and action packed. The characters are likeable and intriguing on some levels. Look forward to reading more from Simon Gervais. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Lane Mcdaniel
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable debut! Pierce Hunt belongs in the ranks of Mitch Rapp, Court Gentry, Dewey Andreas, John Wells and Scott Harvath. Be sure to make some time to read this adventure. It is definitely a one sitting book read. I couldn't put it down.
Ramona
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Action packed

A real page turner. Lots of action and special forces brotherhood. It's a quick read, with excitement on every page. Hunt's daughter is kidnapped along with the original target. He's calling in his "brothers ", and not so likely former enemies to help.
Darren
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this as a e book from net galley. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. I liked the variety of characters in it. I hope to read more books by this author.
Arthur O'dell
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, ebooks, fiction
This reads like an 80’s action b-movie. Or the kind of direct-to-dvd actioner that would star John Cena.

It’s not horible, just completely contrived. The focus is on the action, and the action is decent. Again, it’s written like a brainless action movie. If that’s your thing, you’ll probably enjoy it. If it’s not, you’ll hate it.
Judith
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put this book down. It reminds me of The Gray Man and John Milton series. I am looking forward to reading the next installment!
Slaven Tomasi
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simon Gervais has a resume that reads like many protagonists in your favorite novels, starting his career off as a junior infantry officer, he received extensive training in advanced recon and small-unit tactics. Once his service to the military was complete, he went on to use that specialized training as a federal agent, serving as a drug investigator, then rising through the ranks and with that gaining more experience, he was selected to be part of an anti-terrorism unit. With this unit he ...more
Megan
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it

I really enjoyed the plot and reveal of this story, where the drug cartels are having a personal battle and how the law enforcement gets caught up in it in multiple ways. The pacing was great, and when the book gets going it REALLY gets going.

The characters were a bit stereotypical, but not terrible. Agent Pierce Hunt is a grizzled veteran who is absolutely fantastic at everything except emotions, and he has an ex-wife and daughter who he loves very much but struggles to talk to. When
Cathy Geha
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hunt them Down by Simon Gervais
A Pierce Hunt Thriller #1

Take one newsman more interested in ratings, insert him into a DEA raid and then expect the worst and that is just what you get. I read some reviews of this book saying that this would NEVER happen BUT I did google and found that reporters have been on raids or leaked information that should not have been leaked so it is possible...but...what a mess this situation made for Special Agent Pierce Hunt when it happened to his team!

Fast forward
Merry
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
If you want a book packed with action, this is the book for you. Pierce Hunt, a former Ranger who is now a DEA agent, stops at nothing - literally - when his teenage daughter is inadvertently kidnapped and it’s tied to a huge drug bust he’s working on. More people die in this book than in probably all the books I read last year, yet somehow it didn’t hit the bar on my gory scale where it bothers me. And yes, the characters were overdrawn and the ending is predictable, but it was still enjoyable. ...more
Beth
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
i don't appreciate the bad language ...but i think this day and age ... i guess publishers must say throw it in there to make the public happy ... me not so much ... i wish it was not there ...but then i wouldn't read any books, now would i? nope. anywho ... that aside. great read ... awesome characters .. edge or your seat moment ... lots of killing, lots of mystery, curiosity. option to listen or read ... from Amazon ... genius ... love that option!! so so much ... i jump on them over and ...more
John Bastin
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
A fast-moving, entertaining book. It *does* contain a lot of gratuitous violence, and Pierce Hunt, the "hero", definitely isn't someone whom I would want to be on the wrong side of.

It's not great literature, but for a light, fun read it did a good job letting me spend a few relaxing hours reading.
Cmoore
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't pick up Thrillers very often, but the price (an Audible daily deal) was right... and you can't go wrong when you get a book that's narrated by Bon Shaw! He's one of my favorite voice actors(Lol... no matter what pseudonym RC Bray uses)!
This book doesn't disappoint. It's got a great plot and fast paced action... I got to the end, seemingly faster than an eye-blink!
Abibliofob
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great surprise for me not only did #NetGalley and Thomas & Merser made it available as an ARC but Gervais wrote a fast paced thriller to my liking. I can only say that I hope the next one is only half as good then he will be among my favorite authors.
For everyone who likes action, heroes and non stop page turning I strongly recommend this.
Chris (Norseman) Miller
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a huge success for me. Simon has a new character and he’s easily relatable. Makes mistakes, emotional, but a trained operator that is backed up by an incredible plot. Believable, fast paced, and I was starving to turn more pages. I couldn’t put it down and was super pleased, Mr. Gervais has improved his writing in my opinion and has just set the stage for an amazing series!
Evelyn Wilson
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won the 2nd in this Pierce Hunt books via Amazon Kindle via Goodreads giveaways. I like to read the books from the series beginning so I purchased " Hunt Them Down " and just happened to have finished a book when this arrived. The only reason I put this book down was that I have begun watching Downton Abby with my spouse. This book is continuous, can't put down, action-packed, incredible book and I can't wait to begin reading Trained to Hunt! I will also be purchasing Simon Gervais Mike Walton ...more
Marshall
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
If you like a book with non-stop action - guns, RPGs, stabbings, and people burned alive - this is the book for you. Pierce Hunt is a standard hero, DEA agent and former Army Ranger. When his daughter is kidnapped, he and his friends embark on a non-stop parade of violence in the US and Mexico. The author, Simon Gervais, writes well, driving the plot forward, with only a little time spent on character development. The dialogue keeps the story going, without cleverness or wit or humor. The bad ...more
Dave
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun read, great action, good characters...I'll definitely be reading the sequal
Abibliofob
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read Gervais wrote a fast paced thriller to my liking. I can only say that I hope the next one is only half as good then he will be among my favorite authors.
Mary Rowe
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
High Testosterone, Bloody Actioner

Everything desirable in a life or death kidnapped teenage girl(s) tale of torture and revenge and acting maverick outside the box. Very very violent but very little over the top carnal behavior or sexual violence.
Raynel Nelson White
I really enjoyed this book. It was fast pace with no lag time and I could see this as a series.
John D
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is very fast moving and easy to read. It really keeps your attention.
KJ Howe
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rocket-fuelled thriller!

Rocket-fuelled ride with dynamic and credible action scenes. Seamless prose, heroic characters, and sensational settings. Brew a pot of Java and enjoy! A must-read for fans of action thrillers. Simon Gervais is an author who will soar to the top of the lists. Loved it!!!!
Jake Butler
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a series debut! Im new to Simon Gervais. This was my first read from him and i wasnt disappointed. Mitch Rapp, Dewey Andreas, Court Gentry and Victor the Assassin. Those are my favorite characters in the Military/Assassin action thriller genre! It's still early, but I can easily see Pierce Hunt joining those ranks. He's different from them though. While the other guys are all assassins or CIA black ops guys, Hunt is a DEA agent. An ex Army Ranger whose daughter gets kidnapped by one of the ...more

• The Rescue (Ryan Decker #1)
  • The Killer Collective (John Rain, #10; Ben Treven #4; Livia Lone #3)
  • The Raid (Ryan Decker #2)
  • Blood for Blood (Ziba MacKenzie, #1)
  • Retribution (Team Reaper Thriller #1)
  • Headshot (Jack Hunter #1)
  • Deadly Intent (Team Reaper Thriller #2)
  • Twist and Turn (Kyle Achilles #4)
  • Bleak Harbor (Bleak Harbor #1)
  • Adrift (Corps Justice - Daniel Briggs, #1)
  • The New Guinea Job (Case Lee #2)
  • Weapons (King & Slater #1)
  • Hard Hit (Jon Reznick, #6)
  • The Eighth Sister (Charles Jenkins #1)
  • Hard Shot (Jon Reznick, #7)
  • Red Specter (Tier One #5)
  • Termination Order (Team Reaper Thriller #3)
  • The Fixer (Falau Files, #1)
Simon Gervais is a New York Times and #1 Amazon bestselling author. He's a former federal agent specialized in protective operations and counterterrorism. Simon spent nearly twenty years in the military and in law enforcement. His assignments took him all over Europe and the Middle East.

HUNT THEM DOWN, the first book in a new series featuring Pierce Hunt, a disavowed DEA special agent, came out

Pierce Hunt (2 books)
  • Trained to Hunt (Pierce Hunt, #2)
“his recent efforts. With his soft brown eyes and his high cheekbones, he seemed approachable, a kind man. But she knew better. Nicolás was” 0 likes