Start by marking “Strawberries & Crème Murder (A Donut Hole Cozy Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Strawberries & Crème Murder (A Donut Hole Cozy Mystery #1)

Strawberries & Crème Murder

(Donut Hole Mystery #1)

ATTENTION: This #1 Best Seller is back with a Second Edition Release of Book 1 in the Donut Hole Series.

We've made some MAJOR updates to the book that new and existing fans will definitely enjoy.

Here's what you get:

Finally, discover what Memorable events transpired before the murder of Heather’s deceptive ex-assistant with a riveting new Prologue from Christa Fo
Kindle Edition, Second Edition, 152 pages
Published April 16th 2018 by Guardian Publishing Group, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Strawberries & Crème Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strawberries & Crème Murder

Luffy
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a did not finish book that I picked up again when on a reading slump. I'm glad I did, because the book reads very smoothly, and the reading experience seems a lot shorter than those 218 pages touted on Goodreads.

The main character is Heather Janke. Her best friend is called Amy. There's the detective Shepherd. The helpers at the donut shop are Michelle and Maricela. Also my favorite character : Others.

The murder victim does not appear alive much in this book. I recommend this book becau
Kevin
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, mystery
This was a decent mystery but it's so short, took a little under an hour to read that it really has no time to develop the characters, even the main character Heather and her friend Amy are really little more then sketches and barely more developed then the minor characters in the story. I'll read a couple more to see if I do in fact like the characters.
Juli
Strawberry Cream Murder is the first book in the Donut Hole Mystery series. I have several of these books on my Kindle, and never seem get around to reading them. This year I have challenged myself to read more backlist books from my own bookshelves, and I decided today was a good day to make a dent in the 400+ books on my Kindle. This cozy mystery series has been waiting in the queue for almost two years -- time to start reading!

The basics: Heather Janke owns a donut shop. She just had to fire
Yvonne
Sep 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time I’ve read anything by this author, but I’ve been so intrigued by this series. I’ve seen it around for months. It’s the first book in the “A Cozy Donut Hole Mystery” series. So far there are 16 books in the series. That’s a lot but they are short books. It’s approximately 200 pages a book.

I liked the main character, Heather. I did have a couple of problems with her walking freely around the crime scene. She’s not part of the police, she owns a donut shop. Then, there were a
Noriko
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Quick, breezy, and delightful cozy mystery. I picked this one up in the morning and finished reading in the evening. It reads fast, the plot is much more solid than I had initially imagined – I am satisfied overall.

Although there are some editing errors, one of which totally alters the entire context and the meaning of the sentence – I basically flew through this one pretty fast. As I mentioned earlier, the pacing is brisk and the writing is crisp, if you are a fast-reader (unlike me), you can g
Carol
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heather Jenke is the owner of the Donut Delights
bakery in Hillside Texas. Her is proud of her shop
and the chance to use some of her grandmother’s
recipes.
Heather’s bakery assistant, Christa Fordyce has been
stealing these recipes and planning to use them in
opening her own donut bakery. Heather fires her.
Christa is found dead the night prior to her bakery
A Donut Hole Cozy Mystery,Book #1
Susan Gillard
5 Stars

Synopsis:

“This book is a culinary delight! I really enjoyed all the donut descriptions and Heather, the amateur sleuth, is a very likable character.”

We've made some MAJOR updates to the book that new and existing fans will definitely enjoy.

Could a workplace disagreement lead to murder?

Donuts, deceit and th
Susan Barton
Jul 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm baffled over the number of positive reviews for this book. I'm all for quick, cozy reads, but I found this one silly and ridiculous. Who knew the doughnut business could be so dangerous?

The main character is questioned by the stereotypical hottie detective about a murder, so what does she do? She goes snooping around the crime scene, and then tells him how to conduct his investigation of course. Pure nonsense all around. In my opinion, the only good things about this book is that it was sho
Satomi
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Most of my bookish friends on Twitter were talking about this book and I have decided to pick it up. The 1st book in series is free on Kindle.

Well, as they say this was an easy read.
When I started to read it, I thought the girl in the prologue was the main character and I thought the author is very challenging to use this type of annoying girl, which turned out be my misunderstanding!!

Well, since I can read this within a day, I might pick up the next book if I suffer from reading slump. Other
Carol
Heather Jenke is the owner of the Donut Delights
bakery in Hillside Texas. Her is proud of her shop
and the chance to use some of her grandmother’s
recipes.
Heather’s bakery assistant, Christa Fordyce has been
stealing these recipes and planning to use them in
opening her own donut bakery. Heather fires her.
Christa is found dead the night prior to her bakery
opening with a half eaten Strawberry & Creme donut
next to her.
Will the handsome Detective Ryan Shepherd from
Hillside Police Departmen
Charline Bonham
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another one

Susan gifted me with this story. I chose to review. Heather's Donut Delight is about to have competition with a new shop opening. Former employee, Christie, was stealing her recipes. When Christie is murdered, Heather is a suspect. Detective Ryan Sheperd, investigates and used Heather's help. Good action and keeps it's mystery until the end.
Amber Gray
Mar 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, boring
This book was pretty much horrible, for being a mystery, it didn't have any real mystery to it. I will not be reading anymore of this series, in fact I have no idea how she has so many books in this series.
Nancy
May 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
A fluff waste of time. Glad it didn't take too much of my time!
Sharon
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The beginning of Christa Fordyce’s day was very good. She smiled as she looked at her new donut shop, “Christa’s Creations”, which would have its grand opening the very next day. She dreamed of how popular her shop would soon be and how everyone would flock there to eat her tasty treats. So what if she stole all the recipes from her former employer, Heather Janke, owner of “Donut Delights?” Christa always got what she wanted and stepped on everyone and anyone to get her way. She didn’t care that ...more
Tari
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was really an awesome and entertaining, quick to read mystery! I had never read the first version of this book so it was all new to me but I know that I really enjoyed the idea of a Prologue and the Epilogue which give some extra insight into a couple of characters. I won't spoil who these characters are but you can read about it on Goodreads if you want. I am so anxious to read the second book now and get to know the main characters better.

Heather Janke's assistant Christa was about to ope
Cindy
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enough twists so the ends not clear disappointingly soon (we’ve all been there). Nice bed/fireside read. Clean, clever and enjoyable.
Autumn Stars
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
The book started off okay. I didn't like the ending. I will say the whole time I was reading I could just taste that strawberry creme donut!!
Debbie
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home
This book was a really quick read, but I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to reading on in this series.
Tricia
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I read quite a few of the reviews before I bought this book ( and the two following in the series) and must admit to being disappointed. I find it predictable and a bit fluffy and silly. And why does the Detective have to be so stupid and stereotyped?
Yes, it is a quick read, no effort required, but with very little stimulation or drama.
Sharon
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heather owns a bakery called Donut Delights. Her biggest secrets are recipes that were her grandmother's. When Heather discovered her assissant Christa Fordyce had been stealing her recipes and planning to use them in her own bakery shop she fired Christa. When Christa is found dead with a half eaten donut next to her, Heather becomes the number one suspect. Heather and her best friend Amy decide to do a little looking around on their own. Who could have killed Christa? Could it have been her as ...more
Pat Plummer
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great first book

Heather is a feisty young baker with a great sense of flavor combination. In this first outing her strawberry donuts have a sinister part. The mystery plotline is good and characters are very real. I look forward to starting the second one soon.
Amy
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read
Very cute cozy series.
Ppcfransen
Feb 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Not much of a mystery.

The prologue starts with portret of Christa. She's painted as a not very likeable person, so it's not really a surprise she is killed.

The next chapter shows Heather at work. She's painted as a much nicer person than Christa. In walks a detective who wants to ask a few questions regarding Christa's death. Heather is sort of a suspect and decides to investigated. Conveniently helped by Christa's brother (view spoiler)
Bev
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Christa Fordyce is the owner of the newest donut shop in town. "Christa's Creations". She had lied, decived and even betrayed people to get her shop. She might have even destroyed some lives, but she was a business owner now. She could hardly wait for the grand opening! Then there is a knock on her door, it was late, but she let the person in even though they had not left each other on good terms. The next moring Heather Janke asked questions by Detectve Ryan Shepherd of the Hillside Police Depa ...more
Wulfwyn
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, cozy-mystery
This is my first time reading this author.
I’m intrigued by this book/series. I liked the mystery and that it was a quick read. I didn’t like that I didn’t really get to know Heather or really any of the characters, not even Dave the dog. I’m hoping that as the series goes along the main characters will develop more. It is possible since these are quick books the author is choosing to let us get to know everyone a little at a time. That would be fine as we don’t know anyone very well our first m
Kristin
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2019-fiction
This is a 2.5 star rating from me. It was a pleasant, easy read. And there was almost nothing that frustrated me, which is a pleasant surprise. But it felt to me like a sequence of events and there wasn't much of a sense of things naturally proceeding in a certain order. And I didn't really feel why our donut-shop-owning self-made investigator was so invested in figuring out how this particular victim came to be dead.

I also was annoyed by the epilogue. To me, it didn't really feel like a natural
Jane
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was fine but too short, so there’s almost nothing to discuss. The only thing that bothered me was a stupid ‘antitwist’ thing – the dead body was found with half a donut in her hand, and she died of poisoning, but there was no poison in the donut in the corpse’s hand. Wow, such a mystery, how could anyone solve it?))) Just at the very end, the main character (and not even a homicide detective!!!) figures that the donut the victim had eaten (poisoned) was swapped with the other one, clean ...more
Linda
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Susan Gillard's book, Strawberry Cream Murder. Heather Janke of Donut Delights finds out that her ex-employee Christa Fordyce has been murdered. After stealing Heather's recipes, Christa is getting ready to open her own shop, Christa's Creations. The man in charge of the murder case is Detective Ryan Shepherd of the Hillside Police Department in Texas. Despite him telling her to leave the investigating to the professionals, Heather does her best to solve the case. This book had interes ...more
Monika
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was given to me for free. I love food cozy mysteries. This book started off a bit harsh with the opening, not a likable character for sure, but she wasn't around long. The main character nor her possible future love interest were not super likable. The female main character walking through a crime scene was far fetched to be sure. I was hoping to learn more about the characters but then all of a sudden it ended. Super short book. I heard there are many more in this series, but if they are t ...more
Kathy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was like a low-calorie frozen dinner - pretty good and somewhat satisfying but not in the same league as a meal at your favorite restaurant. This is book one of numerous short books in the Donut Hole series. This series has a follow up series (Oceanside) of more numerous books featuring what is described as the "gang" from the first series. Sounds like only the location has changed.

Warning to those who like to read a series in order: do not read the plot of any books in the Oceanside
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Midnight Mysteries:
  • Diamond Girl (The Country Club Murders, #6.5)
  • Brutal Brûlée (Lexy Baker #11)
  • Vamps, Villains and Vaudeville (A Jazz Age Mystery #4)
  • A Vintage Death (Keepsake Cove Mystery, #2)
  • Harvest of Secrets (Wine Country Mysteries, #9)
  • Thread Herrings (Mainely Needlepoint, #7)
  • A Whole Latte Murder (A Java Jive Mystery, #3)
  • A Just Clause (Booktown Mystery, #11)
  • Stardom Can Be Murder (Charlie Parker #12)
  • Death of a Lobster Lover (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #9)
  • The Final Vow (Living History Museum, #3)
  • Better Off Thread (An Embroidery Mystery #10)
  • Six Feet Under (Kenni Lowry #4)
  • A Date with Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #47)
  • Egg Drop Dead (Cackleberry Club, #7)
  • When the Grits Hit the Fan (Country Store Mysteries #3)

Donut Hole Mystery (1 - 10 of 60 books)
  • Maple Frosted Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #2)
  • Cadbury Creme Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #3)
  • Tricky Blueberry Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #4)
  • Chocolate Frosted Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #5)
  • Mint Chip Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #6)
  • Red, White and Blueberry Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #7)
  • Lemon Chiffon Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #8)
  • Chocolate Tiramisu Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #9)
  • Rhubarb Frosted Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #10)
  • Chocolate Revolution Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #11)