Start by marking “Aloha Love” as Want to Read:
Aloha Love

Aloha Love

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
From the author of the Confetti Confidential series, Susan Murphy, comes a new women’s fiction novel about finding yourself through the toughest of experiences and learning how to not only love again but how to love yourself.

They say “true love comes but once,” but what if you missed it?

Jennifer Bell knows she missed her chance more than twenty years ago. Heartbroken and a
Kindle Edition
Published June 20th 2018 by Kindred Ink Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Aloha Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aloha Love

Michelle
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, favorites
Thank you so very much to Kindred Ink Press LLC & to Netgalley for allowing me to read this book for free in exchange for an honest review!

Wow! Where to even start! First and foremost I'd like to point out that I was only just approved yesterday to read this book & I devoured it almost immediately! Something drew me to this book before the many others that sit patiently awaiting their review. What was it? I'm not sure I can even tell you ..but what I can say is that I am soooo happy tha
Sara
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was not excited to start this book, because it was written in first person POV and it is totally not my thing. I read the beginning dropped my kids off at church, sent a message to my published and went back to it. Determined to read at least part of it. An hour later and three unanswered messages from my publisher later, I stopped because I had to get my kids. Somewhere along the lines, I got lost in the story.
I love romance books and chick lit and women's fiction aren't usually my thing bec
Cassie-Traveling Sister-
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
First I want to thank netgalley and the publisher for an advanced copy of this book. This was quick summer read it had a love story romance and mystery. I finished this book in a day and loved it. I wasn’t sure if I would enjoy this book due to the POV but I did! If your looking for a quick read I would recommend this book!
Kirstie Ibrahim
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great quick summer beach read. It had a mix of fun, romance, second chance love and a bit of mystery. Good interesting characters and a storyline that held my attention.
Alice La Lettrice Incantata
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
La storia narra la vita dopo una rottura dovuta ad un argomento molto attuale. La violenza sulle donne. La scrittrice, attraverso la protagonista, spiega come ci si può riprendere la propria vita in mano e godersela al meglio. Riprendersi da qualcosa di così traumatico non deve essere facile e lo scopriamo con lei. Scopriamo le sue paure, i suoi dubbi e le sue voglie. Le sue speranze e i suoi rimorsi.

Jennifer é una donna che ha sofferto, con un marito violento e la perdita di un bambino ancora p
Sally Coles
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jen and Jake were high school sweethearts but their relationship was scuppered by Jake's father and Jen went on to marry, but to an abusive partner...... so Jake remained the live of her life! Jen has a career as a wedding celebrant and she gets talked into to going to Hawaii for a friends wedding.......... and who does she meet but Jake....... can first love be rekindled after all these years or has too much water passed under the bridge?

How can you not enjoy a book full of cocktails, romance a
Adam
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I think this is what you’d call the perfect holiday “poolside” read, although I think it would be just as good if you read it beside any body of water, and even if you weren’t on holiday. This is a fun, fast-paced romance, with a bit of action and a bit of mystery and some great twists and turns. The characters all feel “real” and the main character, Jen, is a great person to tell this story, as she is hilarious. It had me hooked from start to finish, and this is an e ...more
Dawn
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first time reading Susan Murphy but, it won’t be my last. This was a very well written book with well developed characters. I could actually feel Jen’s struggles between her past, her carrying for her family and wanting to become her own person. This book has a well developed plot with love, heartache and mystery. What a lovely beach read that has it all.
Shay
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book, the perfect read poolside, especially with the main character being a celebrant- I'm a wedding and event planner and I just lOVED how who she is so entertained with the story. The three main characters were fun, thrilling and just a perfect trio, happy to have gotten to read this one thanks to Netgalley & Karan & Co. in exchange for a review, I'll be watching for more titles from the author!
★Bookish Girls★
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Brittani Brown
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable story. I felt for Jen, but I didn't feel for her too deeply at first. She was just skimming the surface of her feelings, and while I sympathized for her, I didn't feel what she had gone through. Later in the story, when she tells Vinnie of her son and that situation, I finally felt all the feels. I understand not mentioning the situation with Nick too far in depth, but I needed more than just a synopsis. Unfortunately, that was the furthest we got into her back story. I lov ...more
Kym ♥
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
“They say it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have had the chance to love at all.”

3stars

I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest book review.

If writing farewell letters and tossing it on the sea or hide it under the deepest hole you dug in the sand, would let go of your painful past easily, then I might have done it already – even had 1000+ letters to burn too just to let go of the painful past. But, that’
Nikki LeClair
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it, I loved it, I loved it! Can not recommend enough!
This is one of those romantic stories that makes your heart sigh and stomach flop when you think the destined pair just might not get together. I absolutely loved this story, and the main character Jen, was a very relatable and a well developed character. She's teetering after leaving a abusive relationship, still stuck on thoughts of a past love that didn't work out because of external circumstances. What happens when she thinks she s
Dianne Maguire
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book on the Mediterranean, yet I could very well have been in Hawaii.
Wedding celebrant Jen and her friends Anna and Vince fly to Hawaii for a wedding and vacation, each harbouring problems they secretly hope to resolve during their holiday. What follows is a tale of love, mystery and human atonement.
Susan Murphy writes rom-com about challenges and joys faced by many in our society. But what is different about 'Aloha Love' is that while it is an easy read, it is written with heart.
Mariya
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank you to Netgalley for the ARC.
I enjoyed this book. It was sweet, light hearted, with just a tiny bit of suspense, beautiful setting, and great friendships.
I loved that the author incorporated what she does in real life into this book. Jen’s profession sounds so much fun.
I wish there was a little more development when it came to Jake and Jen’s relationship. I felt the rekindling happened way too quickly. I also felt that the ending was a bit rushed. I wanted to find out more about Chaz and
poppy
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good quick romance and is the first book I have read by Susan and it won't be the last. The writing and characters were good and while it took a little while to warm to Jen the more she opened up the more I felt for her this is a perfect read to curl up with for the afternoon I enjoyed it
Gea
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-com
Sometimes the past has such a hold on us, it is almost impossible to move forward. Jennifer has had one disastrous marriage which robbed her of all confidence. A trip to Hawaii may just change her life...especially when she re-connects with her first (and only) true love.
Lori Palmer (Palmer's Page Turners)
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
What a fun, quick read! I chose this book because it was set in Hawaii (my favorite) and it did not disappoint. Loved the characters, and the plot moved along well and kept me reading. Great summer weekend read!
J Burns
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
An entertaining and easy read perfect for the up-coming summer holidays. There were laughs and tears and who wouldn't want a friend like Vinnie? There's a lot to love about Aloha Love.
Deborah Morgan
Sheila
Aug 14, 2018
Danni lynn ❤
Sep 26, 2018
Susan Murphy is a Civil Marriage Celebrant based in South Australia. With over 8 years experience, she’s had the pleasure and blessing of conducting ceremonies all over the country including weddings, baby naming’s, commitment ceremonies, funerals and anything else that has been requested by a client. The stranger the better!
With a passion for words and a determination to one day (even if it was