Start by marking “Stone Bridges (Swift River Valley #9)” as Want to Read:
Stone Bridges (Swift River Valley #9)

(Swift River Valley #9)

New York Times bestselling author Carla Neggers has captivated readers with Knights Bridge--a scenic New England town where families and friends experience joy and face challenges together. With its world of inns, old houses, wonderful, quirky characters, romance and adventure, it's a town you won't want to leave.

Adrienne Portale has never settled in one place for long,
Published March 26th 2019 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Stone Bridges, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone Bridges

Debbie
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Swift River Valley #9
Carla Neggers

Carla Neggers takes readers back to her iconic small New England town of Knight’s Bridge and continues the story of Adrienne Portale who costarred in a previous novel when she learned she was the illegitimate daughter of a diplomat and came to Knight’s Bridge to confront him. Tired of wandering (for now) and deciding she likes this small hamlet she takes a position as an innkeeper (temporarily) but finds herself unbelievably adapt at her job and mor
Despina
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for a honest review

Stone Bridges ins my first book by Carla Neggers in over 10 years, this is the 9th book in the Swift River series and while it can definitely stand alone, I think it might be more enjoyable if you have read the previous books and gotten to know the other people. So we are introduced to Adrienne in the previous book, apparently she had come to the small town of Knight Bridges because her mom told she was the result of affair in Pari
Diane Saul
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Adrienne Portale has settled into Knights bridge, NH. She originally came to the town to connect with her Father she just learned about. She is working as an Innkeeper.

This is part of the Swift River Valley series but could be read as a stand alone. It is a romance in a small town setting. It is a good addition to the series. The romance is slow to develop and along the way you get to know the people and experience life in a small town. Thank you to net galley for an advanced readers copy.

Amy
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the feel of these novels. Neggers creates an environment in Knights Bridge that I just want to return to and wallow in. Even though things happen--sometimes scary or anxious things--and the people have worries and challenges to work through, there is a pervading feeling of calmness and love in the town that seems to infuse the reader as much as the characters! In this book, we see Adam Sloane (the quiet one) fall for Adrienne (the newcomer). Adrienne is the daughter of Vic Scarletti, a se ...more
Nancy Ku
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stone Bridges (Swift River Valley #9) by Carla Neggers ...Fantastic book by Carla Neggers..I haven't read all the books in this series but I plan to go back and read them.. Thanks to the publisher and #NetGalley for turning me on to this book. This is Adam and Adrienne's story (he is a stone mason and also part of his family business...she is a wine blogger who is now an innkeeper). This story is also about the small town a lot like Knights Bridge and I enjoyed all the people and intrigue of a s ...more
A
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Adrienne is writing a message to Vic stating she is an inn keeper at carriage Hill farm .Vic makes a cheat sheet of the people in knights bridge. I liked the cheat sheet but it was overwhelming with the details and people.The inn is booked for birthdays,weddings etc.Adrienne is drinking coffee outside on the terrace in her night gown when she sees Adam Sloane . There are six Sloane siblings all together. Maggie Sloane is a business partner for the inn Adrienne has a connection to bridge through ...more
Kate Vale
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another in the Swift River Valley series, in which Adrienne Portale moves to town to become an innkeeper while getting to know the father she never knew until she was an adult. Living there after returning home from his military service is stonemason Adam Sloan, another one of the handsome Sloan brothers.

Adrienne knows a buff guy when she sees one, but her plan to be here only 6 months--given her pattern of taking short-term jobs all over the globe--means she should not get involved with him. Af
Kathleen Gray
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adam isn't what Adrienne was expecting. Certainly he's different from other men she dated before arriving in Knight's Bridge to confront and get to know her father. She's working as an innkeeper in this delightful small town - and I read this as a standalone so I think I might have missed a few smiles others would have at some of the relationships but it's still a place I know I'd like to visit. These two move into a relationship slowly but don't worry, there's a good payoff. Thanks to Netgalley ...more
Brenda Hackett
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stone Bridges

I gave a high rating to this book because I have read and enjoyed the Swift River Valley series very much. I spent quite a bit of time at Quabbin and I’m imagining where all this takes place. I know it’s fictional but it’s fun to wonder/imagine just the same. What it must have been like to have your home and land taken for the use of making Quabbin! Enjoy reading the series if you haven’t started it you should!
Kristen
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent addition to the Swift River Valley series! This is a story with plenty of emotion, chemistry, friends and family relations, love. Adrienne and Adam are strong characters with an obvious attraction to each other. Both are weary of that connection and getting involved. Reading previous books in the series isn’t necessary (the author does a good job of explaining who’s who), but it’s a series worth reading!
Donna
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love to go back to Knight's Bridge. This series is wonderful. This story revolves around Adrienne Portale and Adam Sloan. She is the new innkeeper at Carriage Hill and Adam is one of the six Sloan siblings. The met in the last book, but now the real attraction is there. Follow their love journey on whatever path they take.
Sheri Jesse
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book from Carla Neggers

I really connected with the characters and the story was good too. The two main characters danced around each other a lot and then got together very abruptly but it worked. I'm looking forward to reading about the other Sloan brothers and catching up on the lives of the other Swift River Valley residents.
Paula Pugh
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stone Bridges is a lovely, slow paced read that allows you to absorb all the events and thoughts that happen when two unlikely people are falling in love. There are a lot of characters to place but Ms. Neggers gives you a list of whom they are and where they fit in the series. It’s a nice touch.
Chris
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Disappointing novel which had too much repetition about whether they should kiss or not and heavens if they did kiss. Having a mason and and innkeeper as the main characters was a good idea, but include a little more about these trades and less about the attraction. While the book was readable, it was a chore to get to the end.
Jane
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful tale

I am delighted to say that I have just celebrated a wonderful wedding among friends I have made through the many books of Carla Neggars. I wonder who is next. Guess I’ll have to give the author a little time to conjure up another HEA tale. Get to work Carla. I can not wait to find out whose next!
Gwen Castle
Apr 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
I have read all the books in this series and other related ones and this one was the most boring I have ever read.
charmaine White
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

A really good and enjoyable experience.I laughed and laughed until there were tears running down my face.This was a romantic story I won't soon forget.
Judy
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding. The characters are such loving individuals, and actually care about each other.
joyce  Cota
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice, easy read.

I enjoyed this book. Adrienne and Adam were both likeable characters. Not much drama, just an enjoyable addition to the series.
Lisa
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A romantic story of an innkeeper and a stone Mason in charming New England. Very enjoyable!
Nancy Morse
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gayle
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The story was very good and interesting to me. I highly recommend to all readers.
Mary
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A awesome read

Loved it. I love this series and this one might be the best so far. MS Neggers has a great way of pulling you in so you can't put it down.
Maureen Hubley
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Between having to work and being sick it took me a long time to finish another wonderful book in this series. Can't wait for Eric and Chris's stories.
Penny Theriault
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swift River Valley

I love this series. It's like a letter from home! I'm hoping for more stories! Please gives us more, please!!
Sharon Redfern
Feb 05, 2019
V
Mar 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Carla Neggers is the New York Times bestselling author of the Sharpe & Donovan series featuring Boston-based FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan, and the popular Swift River Valley series set in the small, fictional New England town of Knights Bridge. With many bestsellers to her credit, Carla loves to write now as much as she did when she climbed a tree at age eleven with a pad and pen a ...more

Swift River Valley (9 books)
  • Secrets of the Lost Summer (Swift River Valley, #1)
  • That Night on Thistle Lane (Swift River Valley, #2)
  • Cider Brook (Swift River Valley, #3)
  • Echo Lake (Swift River Valley, #4)
  • A Knights Bridge Christmas (Swift River Valley, #5)
  • The Spring at Moss Hill (Swift River Valley, #6)
  • Red Clover Inn (Swift River Valley, #7)
  • The River House (Swift River Valley, #8)