Start by marking “You Are a Badass Every Day: How to Keep Your Motivation Strong, Your Vibe High, and Your Quest for Transformation Unstoppable” as Want to Read:

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author, reach your goals with this pocket-size inspiration and guidance to keep your transformation on track

For anyone who has ever had trouble staying motivated while trailblazing towards badassery, You Are a Badass Every Day is the companion to keep you fresh, grateful, mighty, and driven. In one hundred exercises, reflections, and
Published December 4th 2018 by Viking

To ask other readers questions about You Are a Badass Every Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are a Badass Every Day

Start your review of You Are a Badass Every Day: How to Keep Your Motivation Strong, Your Vibe High, and Your Quest for Transformation Unstoppable
Diane S ☔
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 5000-2019
Referring to the title, im not but I'd like to be, in a nice way of course. I'm not a big reader of self health books, don't make resolutions, not likely to be found staring into a mirror chanting positive affirmations. This title though called to me, so I decided to see if there is anything new in the self help world.

Honestly, not too much that I found, mostly common sense but it does give a sense of positive reinforcement. Take time for yourself, open your eyes, embrace quiet time, meditate, y
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
A totally upbeat take on ... yeah, getting to be a badass! This life around, not in a couple of reincarnations. Lovely.

While most of the ideas are not new, the perspective on them, the energy, the take, the expression, the perception are unique. Which is what got me on board.

Q:
You have nothing to gain by freaking out. (c)
Q:
Success isn't static, it's not one place, you don't arrive at success, crack open a beer, and call it a day. (c)
Q:
You are an artist and the masterpiece is your life. Your wor
Carmen Castillo
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the other you are a badass books, but this one is not quite on the same level. If you haven’t read the other two, I recommend you pick those up first.
That said, I do like this book for a particular purpose. This is a book you could keep on your desk/nightstand/coffee table, and easily flip to a page for inspiration or an exercise to help propel you forward.
I don’t, however, recommend this book for something you would just sit down and read. It’s a cute book with action items, but it’s no
Jenny Baker
I loved You Are A Badass. I was hoping this one would be just as inspirational, but instead it turned out to be a little disappointing. It’s incredibly short, mostly common sense, and some overlapping content from the first book. It felt like the purpose was to milk her success from the first two books. I haven’t read You Are A Badass At Making Money, but I still plan to read it this year. I have a feeling that one will be a more beneficial. If you haven’t read any of her books, save this one fo ...more
Jenny Garone
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jen Sincero is the bomb. I’m going to buy a copy of the book so I can highlight the crap out of it & refer to it often as I’m building my new reality. ...more
Amanda Duddleson
Jan 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
NOT Badass. A random list of bullet points about cliche’ things people need to do to “be happy”. This is that book. Sprinkle in some edgy cuss words to make it sound cool. Litter with pull yourself up by your bootstraps mentality. Superficial. This lady is the popular girl in high school who gives unsolicited advice. The people listen to her but don’t know why they should. Because she’s popular.overhyped. Lacks empathy and acknowledgement of legitimate mental illness and real life struggle.Gener ...more
Tracy
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
I feel like I've read this same book 3 times recently...and it's not very good. Rah Rah Rah. ..the universe is yours for the taking...so superficial and simplistic.
Kevin
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library, audible
Nothing different from the original (read that one)! This felt like the author was late for a deadline.
Morgan
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: soul-food
I don’t know about you guys, but quarantining has taken a serious toll on my motivation to do all of the things I normally love. My hopes in reading this book were to re-align my wants with my needs and find ways to keep myself motivated in doing those important things.

This book did just that. I thought it was a great way to keep me in check and some of the quotes, affirmations and exercises truly did stick with me and make me feel amazing. Not everything in it was totally relatable and I did f
Amy Bobryk
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is easily one of my favorite books - I definitely recommend downloading the audio version. It’s like each sentence is a gut punch to pump you up and make you feel strong. Definitely will have it on repeat for morning motivation. Very similar to “Unf*** Yourself”
Kathryn
A companion to the book, You are A Badass. This version has short prompts that are good for journaling or contemplating.
Rachel
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Quick read and very different from Sincero's You Are a Badass. I loved the shit out of this new addition when I read a free preview of the 1st 2 dozen or so pages. However, it felt a bit repetitive and vague but still an enjoyable read, especially if you are trying to kill some time or looking for a little pick-me-up pep talk! There's always something to gain with an open mind and open heart to help keep the vibes high, but maybe that's my girl crush on Jen that's talking. 😍😉😂
Katrina
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this. Getting this in a physical format so I can highlight the shit out of it and actually journal along.
Erin
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s short and punchy and humorous and has enough of a kick-in-the-pants that it’s worth saving to re-read again when you need it.
Katerina
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
NOTES:
* I listened to this book via Audiobook and absolutely loved it. The one thing, however, that I found difficult with the book is that she gives you exercises to work on and it's a little difficult to do these exercises when listening...in a car. I did however write down the exercises and plan to apply them and go over each in my other times.

*I have read two of Jen Sincero's You Are a Badass books and have found this to be the most helpful in my day to day life. I am hoping to get to her la
Jordana Jaffe
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
solid. inspiring. great book to just pick up, find a page and get some quick inspiration/motivation.
Nikki
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and will be using it as a daily intention reading. If you loved You Are A Badass, this is different style of book and she says so right from the start, but it’s worth picking up. This book is meant to be used to give you something to think about daily in order to help keep your mindset positive...and who couldn’t benefit from a positive mindset?
Breanne
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help, 2019
This was good, something easy to read for the beginning of a new year. It’s more of a companion piece to the original You Are A Badass, but I like that it reads as something to be referred to throughout the year.
Krysten
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
so I'm the kind of person who requires a lot of affirmations/positive self talk/healthy reminders/etc in order to survive. I write a lot of little notes for myself, keep a jar full of notes about things I'm grateful for, have a lot of inspiring art on my walls, listen to this one specific playlist when I'm about to get really sad.

this book was good for those, a lot of affirmations. I took some of the more woo-woo advice about 'manifestation' with a grain of salt. I don't know anything about Jen
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
One of the most helpful self help books I've ever read. It was funny, relatable, and most importantly doable. It did focus on changing your life but didn't tell you to drop everything, move to Argentina and start a new life. It had many little easy things to change your way of thinking using relatable and helpful examples. Highly recommend.
Meghan
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
I absolutely Love the You are a badass books as does our patrons at the library. The style and presentation Jen Sincero approaches in these books can easily connect to a person and make them achieve success. I have heard nothing but great things about the books and when we heard about You Are a Badass Every Day, we had to jump at the chance to review it. Again, Jen Sincero does not disappoint, it's the same approach with different techniques applied from You are a Badass. This is definitely a hi ...more
Lizzie
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book has a lot of useful exercises and mantras but I was disappointed at how often it focuses on weight! She even uses an example (and for many, unrealistic) goal weight!

On top of that, it’s focused at straight women only. Dream men, bad boyfriends etc.

It would not have been difficult to make this book intersectional and body positive but it fell very off the mark. Will not be reading her other titles.
Lindsey Brooke
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up on a random whim while grabbing a bunch of finance books in the library. I’ve seen the cover to You Are A Badass series stuff all over the Internet, and while looking for The Artist’s Way—of which I could not remember the title—I found this just sticking out and added it to my pile-o-books. It must have been destiny, because I REALLY needed to read it.

I’ve been going through a bad time and feel totally lost, and while reading this book, I feel like some of the sunshine came
Stephanie Graves
I generally like Sincero's work, even if it's a little woo-woo for me to feel super-earnest about.
This one though... she tries to convince you, the reader, that you have everything you need to succeed and all you have to do is not give up.

I know self help isn't into nuanced conditionality. But that is probably a pretty shitty thing to try and convince a lot of poor, non-cis, queer, or people of color (or god forbid intersections of those) whose reality is often deeply shaped by neoliberalism, sy
Isha
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great add on to Jen Sincero's "You Are a Badass". In this book, you get the same witty and at times straight to the point, words from Sincero's previous book, but condensed to a 'daily' format. Usually I find these daily motivation, self-help books to be lacking. They try to deliver a message but rarely are able to in a shortened format. But this book is completely different. It has divider pages that gives a brief summary of the general gist of what that section of advice is going to ...more
Bianca (theperksofbeingbianca)
This was like a much shorter version of Sincero's other two books, with more concise information and going straight to the point without explaining a lot of stuff. That's why I didn't like it as much. It's good for reading a page a day, just a small dose, and reflect upon it, and not for reading it in a sitting like a did.
Emily Moses
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I Know You Are, But What Am I?

A badass as well! This book makes you believe the impossible about yourself - and spreading that awesome energy to other people! This is a quick read, but one that should be read over, and over, and over again! Get down with your badass self!
Jen
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Fast read. Basic (again, basic) book of encouraging quotations and/or practices to better your self-thoughts. No deep analysis nor high-level thinking — just quick and basic tips. Not a great book, but not terrible either. Just... basic.
Melissa
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Meh. I prefer the full version MUCH more. Thank you.
Michele Coleman
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Light humorous and totally entertaining motivational book. My kind of motivation! Quick read with great little motivational blurbs.
Three Pretty Bean...: January Book of the Month 1 4 Jan 13, 2019 02:47PM

• Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • Calm the F*ck Down: How to Control What You Can and Accept What You Can't So You Can Stop Freaking Out and Get On With Your Life
  • Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
  • The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • Outer Order, Inner Calm: Declutter & Organize to Make More Room for Happiness
  • Get Out of Your Own Way: A Skeptic's Guide to Growth and Fulfillment
  • Untamed
  • Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life
  • Stop Doing That Sh*t: End Self-Sabotage and Demand Your Life Back
  • Get Your Sh*t Together: How to Stop Worrying About What You Should Do So You Can Finish What You Need to Do and Start Doing What You Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
  • You Do You: How to Be Who You Are and Use What You've Got to Get What You Want
  • Fear Is My Homeboy: How to Slay Doubt, Boss Up, and Succeed on Your Own Terms
  • Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
  • How to Stop Feeling Like Sh*t: 14 Habits that Are Holding You Back from Happiness
  • Dare to Lead
  • The Self-Love Experiment: Fifteen Principles for Becoming More Kind, Compassionate, and Accepting of Yourself
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
Jen Sincero is a #1 New York Times Bestselling author, speaker and success coach who has helped countless people transform their personal and professional lives via her public appearances, private sessions, coaching seminars and, most recently, her latest #1 NY Times Bestselling book, "You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life".

She’s spoken on stages al

News & Interviews

“If you run from your fears, they will follow you. If you run straight at your fears, they will get the hell out of your way. Fears hate it when you do that.” 4 likes
“You are an artist and the masterpiece is your life.” 4 likes