Start by marking “Out of Time (The Lost Platoon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Out of Time (The Lost Platoon, #3)

Out of Time

(The Lost Platoon #3)

A hunt for dangerous secrets leads to explosive chemistry in this exhilarating romantic suspense novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Off the Grid.

A team of Navy SEALs goes on a mission and disappears without a trace--they are the Lost Platoon.

Published December 31st 2018 by Berkley Books

Start your review of Out of Time (The Lost Platoon, #3)
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Love this story! Action, suspense and steam. 4.5 Stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It seemed like it has been quite a while since the last installation of this series, so it took me several chapters to really get back into the story. I kept getting this feeling that I was missing something and sure enough there was a book in between that I did miss.

I was getting fed bits and pieces of the story and was able to patch together the general plot of what it happened to the team after the first book. Moving forward
♥Rachel♥
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

I’ve loved every book in this series, and I’m thrilled that we get not only one romance, but two! I’ve been waiting for Kate and Colt’s romance since they’ve been featured in bits and pieces with every installment and I was thrilled they got equal page time with Natalie and Scott. Both romances were amazing! Explosive chemistry and a bit of angst as they each must sort the past out, and find out who was responsible for the attack on SEAL Team Nine.

I do think this series is best to read
Jessica
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have been devouring this series as soon as each book comes out and after the way the last book ended, I was definitely excited to finally have Scott's story!

After their unit was double crossed and only a few men survived, these Navy SEALs are forced to relocate across the globe and hide until the mole is uncovered. Scott feels responsible for his team's ambush, especially since his girlfriend in the Pentagon might have had something to do with it. Natalie was adopted from Russia when she was
Blodeuedd Finland
I guess this was the last one then, I mean the story wrapped up so it has to be. Though we did not get all the lost guys, a shame. Who knew what fun things they were up to while hidden.

The pieces are falling together in this one. Who was behind the missile strike that killed half the team? You will find out. But first, romance!

Scott loved his girlfriend. The girlfriend who warned them so he could save half his team. The girlfriend who is a freaking spy!? Yes he was not happy to learn that. Who
Anita
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this series, but, I don't like waiting so long between books. With an overarching plot it is difficult keeping track of all the characters and plot developments that are important to finding out who the ultimate baddie is. That said, "Out of Time" is a great story and Scott and Natalie are a couple caught up in situations they never thought could happen to them.

A team of Navy SEALs goes on a top secret, black-op mission to Russia and disappears without a trace. Neither the Russians or the
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
My FAVORITE of the series!!! I've been dying for Colt and Kate to get their long-awaited HEA and I wasn't disappointed in this final Lost Platoon novel. This sexy, action-packed series has been a roller coaster of a ride and wrapped up wonderfully in Out of Time. I've been sucked in to the suspenseful plot and hot romances, so it's bittersweet knowing this is the end of this team of Navy SEALs. I can only hope we get more romantic suspenses from Monica McCarty in the future!
Dísir
At the heart of it, ‘Out of Time’ is one of assumed betrayal, even more assumptions that the protagonists have of each other and the elasticity of truth, all of which revolve around a botched mission, a missing SEAL team and questionable loyalties.

By and large, I did like Nat/Scott’s story though I found the secondary couple of Colt/Kate more compelling in the whole narrative arc of lies, deceit and vengeance as the characters pursued some kind of justice for themselves and for the dead men.
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
I didn't realize this was part of a series when I picked this one up. That said, it wasn't too difficult to get in to the story. I felt for a few chapters that I was missing something but once the action got going, I was sucked into the story.

This one is about Natalie and Scott. They have lots of issues to overcome and some truths to be revealed. Not much more I can say here without revealing the plot. Needless to say, there have been some wrongs and finding out if it truly was Natalie who
nick

A short while ago I read the second book in The Last Platoon series and quickly grew obsessed with a certain couple. Imagine my surprise when I found out that my favorites were not the main characters in this final book. I went into it just a bit sad, but Monica McCarty did such a bang up job with this book that the sadness lasted for like 0.1 seconds. Bonus, I got TWO amazing romances in Out of Time. Second bonus, one of the couples was my favorite couple!

What I have loved about these books are
Cindy
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the best in the series! All the questions about what really happened that fateful day when all but 6 of a Seals platoon are killed while on a secret black ops mission in Russia forcing them to go dark and pretend they are dead until they can figure out who betrayed them.

Lt Commander Scott Taylor was the one that got the warning to call off the mission right before everything went FUBAR managing to save 6 of them. The warning came from his girlfriend who works at the Pentagon. While
 Reading In Pajamas
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review & Giveaway: OUT OF TIME (The Lost Platoon) by Monica McCarty https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-aZj
Publication Date: December 31, 2018
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4 Stars

I enjoyed this installment in the Lost Platoon series, even though it started out a bit slow for me. There was a lot of talking about and searching for clues to what happened in Russia. It picked up for me about a third of the way in. I like Natalie and understand why she did the things she
A.J. Andersen
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't read the first 2 books in the Lost Platoon series, so the first couple chapters I was a little lost and playing catch up. By chapter 4 I was completely hooked on this story. Natalie and Scott had such a great story and so much love between them. The story inside the story Kate and Colt was so sweet. I will definitely be reading the other books in this series. ...more
Kelsie Maxwell
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ftr-read
Out of Time is the third novel in Monica McCarty’s romantic suspense series, The Lost Platoon. The series revolves around a platoon of Navy Seals, Seal Team 9.

This volume is centered around platoon leader, Scott Taylor, and his love interest, Natalie Andersson, also known as Russian spy, Natalya Petrova. Scott’s sister, Kate, and her ex-husband, Colt Wesson, are also featured in the story. Both relationships are complicated, but the primary and supporting characters are all fully developed, as
Jo Reads Romance
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
A gripping and intense story
5 stars

Before I start to wax lyrical about this fantastic book - let me first say that this is the third book in the Lost Platoon series. It does stand alone but had I read the other books before this one, I would have been a bit more up to speed with who the supporting characters were and what the general background of the whats and whys of the mission of SEAL team nine. I’m assuming these stories fit in nicely to the timeline of this one and characters from those
Adriana
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This isn't one of those series that you can jump into on book #3 and be able to enjoy the story with no background. It's actually a little hard to get into at first because the reader is expected to know things that happened in previous books and time keeps jumping forward to glimpses of events that take place in previous volumes. It helps long-time readers place where/when the story takes place, but it confused me and kept me from really forming any kind of attachment to the characters.
The plot
Dawn
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story in what I’m guessing is the last in this series. Scott, the commander of the team, tracks down his late girlfriend’s friend only to discover that she is his girlfriend,Natalie, who was supposed to be dead. Natalie was the spy who caused the deaths of his team. Naturally it’s never as simple as it seems. Along the way we also get to see Scott’s sister,Kate, who is CIA, come to terms with her ex-husband,Colt, who was one of the survivors of that Team. Everything was wrapped up ...more
Shahla's World
Packed with danger, intrigue and suspense, Off the Grid, delivers a punch in the Lost Patrol series and leaves you wanting more. I wish the platoon wasn’t so dispersed, so they could have more of a group dynamic to the stories. I want to be pulled in deeper to them as a group. That being said – I loved the mystery, romance and edge to this book.
CHM
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
We finally get the answer on the why it happened in this book. If you dont mind explicit sex or jumping several pages at a time to avoid that then it's a decent series. Kept me second guessing until midway through this last book. Unfortunately the "who & why" aren't a stretch.
Sandy S
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 31, 2018

With his men scattered to all corners of the globe after a disastrous secret op in Russia, Lieutenant Commander Scott Taylor is trying to find out who was responsible for leaking the information that killed half his platoon. Were it not for Natalie Andersson, the woman he had been secretly dating in the Pentagon who had warned him of the danger,
Wendy
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Out of Time (The Lost Platoon, #3) by Monica McCarty
Berkley, 2018
Romance/Thriller; 384 pgs
Source: NetGalley

So much of what we find out about the lost platoon in the first and second book comes to a head—and what seems like a conclusion—in this third book of the series, Out of Time. And what a fitting title!

His men put a lot of trust into Lieutenant Commander Scott Taylor when he asked them to scatter across the globe and remain in hiding until they had answers to who betrayed them. He was
Katherine
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.7

This is the book I wanted to read the most. Scott was calling my name since I've read about the secret source who told him about them being set up in the first book. As book #2 developed I was having an idea of what was to come in this book, and I was not disappointed!

So, there's A LOT going on in Out Of Time. Scott discovers Natalie's alive, and that she betrayed him. We also get to know about their relationship before Team Nine was brutally attacked by russian missiles.

Natalie and her
Dolly Sickles
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The whole idea of the Lost Platoon Monica McCarty created is intriguing: A team of Navy SEALs on a secret mission in the Arctic Circle to find a secret Soviet military base, are attacked upon arrival in the remotest of remote locations, and the survivors scatter to the winds until they can regroup and find the saboteur. McCarty ratchets up the suspense even higher in this tense third installation, OUT OF TIME, with a Russian sleeper agent.

The investigation of the saboteur and resulting
Sandy Reilly
First, let me preface this review by saying that I did not read the first two books in the series, and perhaps I should have. Right off the bat, I had trouble getting into the story because the first few chapters are spent on reintroducing characters and plot lines from what I'm assuming took place previously in the series. It was a lot to take in. That said, I honestly enjoyed the book as a whole.

I loved the chemistry between Scott and Natalie, even if the "failed Russian spy" storyline didn't
The Book Worm
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Of the three books in the Lost Platoon series by Monica McCarty, Out of Time is probably the one I enjoyed the most. I found it more fast paced than book two (Off the Grid) and slightly more compelling than book one (Going Dark), though maybe that's because all pieces of the plot finally started fitting together and I got answers for a lot of things the previous books left unsaid.
Natalie's actions irked me a bit - though she sort of redeemed herself at the end, all that running away and not
Luz Trevino
The third in the Lost Platoon series, Out of Time was a very good read. Having not read the previous two I was still able to follow along with was happening in this story. The author does make reference to previous events, but it was easy to follow. Out of Time never had a dull moment, it had a lot of action, suspense, government espionage and most importantly, romance.
We actually get two romance story lines, but Scott and Natalie's is the main one. Circumstances drove them apart and it was the
Christine D
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved the characters in this series, especially all the alpha men; Dean, John, Colt, Scott, swoon swoon swoon swoon. This third book (and I'm assuming last book in the series, since the big mystery was solved) wrapped everything up and I'm glad we got to see where people ended up. The plot was good and I'm a sucker for a good SEAL romance.
BUT the writing was extremely repetitive. It started to grate on me. Not only was it repetitive in rehashing things we already knew, but descriptions were
Joe
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in what at first glance (especially the cover art on these books) appear to be mindless "bodice-rippers"more like the Harlequin Romance books. I almost missed out on some good reading if I hadn't been able to see past the beefcake type cover photo myself.

The books are actually written with the worldview of the high level, elite special forces units, along with intrigue, deceit, betrayal plus LOTS of steamy, graphic sex scenes... Those are actually the least believeable
Kelly
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scott Taylor was willing to break the rules of his SEAL team when he fell in love with Natalie. But then a mission went wrong that left half his team dead, and all signs point to Natalie as the culprit. As he tries to root out why someone wanted his team dead, he tracks down Natalie to get answers, but confronts the problem that maybe things aren’t as black and white as he wants them to be – and maybe he still has feelings for her. This is the third book in a series that follows the SEAL team ...more
J.L. Smith
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

What I liked?

The characters were multifaceted and the story was both stopped and started and all the right places. Natalie Anderson and Scott Taylor were two people with their own personal demons and their reasons for what they do and how they act. The situation in which they are is anything but cut and dried. Just when you find your feelings are concrete on one character, you’ll find that they’ll be muddled once again.

What I didn’t like?

It started off a little slow so I wasn’t quite sure if
Heather
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Lost Platoon series was full of so much action, an intense plot with several plot twists, a conclusion to the main conflict in the series and an opening for a new spin on the series. It was great. Loved every second of Natalie and Scott’s story. I really don’t want to say much because there is so much that goes on that I don’t want to spoil it. Natalie and Scott had a hard road ahead of them to deal with her betrayal, her role in what happened in Russia, and his ability to ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• In Her Sights (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters, #1)
  • Driven to Distraction (Road to Love, #1)
  • My Favorite Cowboy (Heart of Texas #3)
  • Vengeance Road (Torpedo Ink #2)
  • Slow Ride (Road to Love, #2)
  • Home to Wind River
  • Hot to the Touch (Brotherhood by Fire, #1)
  • The Wrong Highlander (Highland Brides, #7)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
  • Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas (Rocky Mountain Cowboys #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)
  • Stone Cold Heart (Tracers #13)
  • You Will Suffer (The Agency #3)
  • Sullivan's Promise (Bitter Creek #12)
  • Taken (Deep Ops, #1.5)
  • Deadly Obsession (Steele Ops, #1)
  • Hard Target (Cobra Elite, #1)
  • The Conspiracy (Maximum Security #1)
What do you get when you mix a legal career, a baseball career, motherhood, and a love of history with a voracious reader? In my case, a Historical Romance Author.

Like most writers, I’ve always loved to read. Growing up in California there was always plenty to do outside, but all too often I could be found inside curled up with a book (or two or three). I started with the usual fare: The Little

The Lost Platoon (3 books)
  • Going Dark (The Lost Platoon, #1)
  • Off the Grid (The Lost Platoon, #2)