Start by marking “The Hardest Fall” as Want to Read:
The Hardest Fall

The Hardest Fall

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  11,761 ratings  ·  1,007 reviews
The first time you meet someone, you make eye contact. You smile, say hello. Should be simple, if you’re anyone but me. The first time I met Dylan Reed, I found myself making eye contact with a different part of his body. You see, I’m very good at being shy, not to mention extremely well-versed in rambling nonsense and, unfortunately, rather highly skilled at making a fool ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 420 pages
Published April 16th 2018 by Ella Maise

To ask other readers questions about The Hardest Fall, please sign up.
Ella Maise Unfortunately no :( The Hardest Fall is a complete standalone and for now I don't have plans to write the stories of the secondary characters. Maybe…moreUnfortunately no :( The Hardest Fall is a complete standalone and for now I don't have plans to write the stories of the secondary characters. Maybe in the future? A big maybe. My next novel, Marriage For One will be a complete standalone too.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
My Pink Fairytales If you really want a spoiler, let me know, but you should enjoy the ride. :)

·  11,761 ratings  ·  1,007 reviews

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳A slow-burn college romance in which the word “masterpiece” is not enough to describe such creative ways of making a reader swoon over both characters in which fate has separated, & brought together for a final story plot...

➳When it comes down to slow-burn, angsty romance— this girl is not the biggest fan of them. Now, there are a few times where there are exceptions that I encounter upon and end up absolutely devouring said novel and just fall to my knees with adoration. Ella Maise is th
NMmomof4
3.75 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute friend's to lovers story. It definitely is what I would consider "slow burn", and while I'm never really a fan of that type of story, I didn't mind it that much. That being said -- there still were some parts that felt slow for me. It also felt on the longer side, and it was @ 423 pages on my kindle app. I think some of those slower parts could've been edited out to make it flow a little better. I appreciated how the H was a star athlete but not a manw
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

This is the strangest thing, but I think you're going to be my best friend, Zoe Clarke."

Oh Ella, how I've missed your words! If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for the slow-burn. I'm pleased to announce that I got that with this book, and I got it in spades. The Hardest Fall is a sweet, slow-burn friends-to-lovers romance that hit me in all the right places. There's a touch of mystery and angst added into the mix that makes this fun romance even more addicting.

I
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

‘THE HARDEST FALL’: Is a standalone full length, sports romance novel by new to me Author Ella Maise. ‘Spoken in Dual Perspectives’

In this we meet, shy, klutzy, kooky, quirky over talkative College Freshman Zoe Clarke.

And Dylan Reed the IT boy around campus. A football player who had a big chance of going pro. He’s gorgeous, laid back and finds himself drawn towards Zoe like no other female before.

The very first initi
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 Cute Stars

Such an amazing book,I devour it in one sitting!I'm in love with the story and the characters rocked this story!The Hardest Fall was a cute and fun read!I was smiling most of the time with these two!

description

Zoe and Dylan were adorable!I loved every minute of these two together!The way they first met was funny and then the second and third time!I found their story refreshing!Dylan is a swoon worthy hero and I loved Zoe,she is shy,funny and cute!They have an amazing chemistry!Their romance i
chan ☆
dnf @ 11%... heroine annoyed me

surprisingly, i have a lot to say for a book i didn't read very much of. but i'll keep it short.

girl walks in on dude peeing and can't stop commenting on his penis. i think it was supposed to be cute that she was 'flustered' but she didn't ever leave???? like you walked into a bathroom, see something you're not supposed to and then you leave. you don't stand there gawking regardless of if the guy is laughing it off. weird vibe.

and then the whole scene where this d
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

Loved this book!

Dylan and Zoe are perfect for each other. I really liked that they were friends before lovers. Their sexual tension was off the charts and I really enjoyed the slow burn. When they finally get together it was so hot!

I loved Dylan. He’s such a great guy and loves Zoe unconditionally. He embraces her quirks and accepts her just as she is. Zoe is amazing too. She’s shy but so fun! I truly loved them as a couple.

This was a great friends to lovers sports romance. I swoo
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fucking LOVED it. I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVEDDDDD it. Gah. Going to try to come up with a review soon, but holy slow burn, totally the most delicious torture. Dylan and Zoe killed me in the BEST way. And man, the sweetness. DEAD OVER THEM.
Shannon Moore
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book about three days ago, and I want to go back and start it again. Right now. Is that normal?

We all read romance because of the hero, am I right ladies? Alright, well, most of the time, that is. There's story. The imagination. And you're darn tootin I read for the hero too. The hero in The Hardest Fall... *SWOON*! Like swoon until I melt, sort of swoon. Dylan was just amazing, and the perfect match for Zoe. Not only was he sweet, and sensible, but he had a good head on his sho
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

My guilty pleasure as a woman in her forties, is college sports romance. Add slow burn to the mix and I will devour this trope like there's no tomorrow.

This was my first novel by Ella Maise, and I am extremely excited to read her future works if this is anything to go by, the writing was phenomenal! I was gripped, I became so attached to these characters and their struggles. I literally couldn't keep the smile off my face whilst reading this.

Dylan is the star of the Football t
Jacob Proffitt
May 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
At 74% in, I'm done. The author manipulation is just too much and I can't stand it any longer. I like the characters. They're sweet and watching them come together was engaging. But Ella Maise seems addicted to manipulating things for drama and that's a fast turn-off for me.

I pushed through my concerns from the 20%-40% range. That's when she was manipulating Zoe's perspective to imply something not true. There were two possibilities and each would have had profoundly different manifestation in h
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Not bad, but a bit boring*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The book centers around Zoe ‘Flash’ Clarke (21), who is an art major focused in photography (she also take photos to make extra money) and Dylan Reed, who in his final year of College, one of the hotshots from the football team, the star wide receiver who was apparently one of the few players expected to make it into the NFL, and that made him pretty popular around campus. Zoe walked in on Dylan taking a piss in her freshman year. She asked him if they co
XxTainaxX
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dylan and Zoe are a testament to there being a right time for everything. Though their attraction has always been there, it wasn’t the right time until it was.

This cute story was the perfect return for Ella Maise after an absence from the writing scene. It’s a slow burn, which I don’t always enjoy, but this additional time was definitely worth the build up of the relationship.

Individually, I really liked how Dylan was structured. He had a good balance between sweet and sexy with maturity. Zoe
Alaina
The Hardest Fall was such a cute read! It also had some smutty chapters which I really enjoyed. Dylan and Zoe were my everything. Some things were highly predictable between these two but some of the twists - well, I didn't see coming.

Zoe was an okay kind of character. She sometimes annoyed me and others I really enjoyed her sassy or smart comments. I honestly just kept shipping the shit out of her and Dylan. I also knew that there was something dark and mysterious about this girl. Something was
Libby Harrison

Hero (Dylan): 22yrs old
Plot: 4/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none
HEA: yes with a ‘6 years later’ epilogue!
Triggers: none

Average score: 4/5

Best Line: “Who would buy a cheeseburger and not get fries? One isn’t complete without the other.”

Worst Line: “Leave”

Personal Review:
A good slow burn college romance between a photographer and a footballer

Random Ramblings:
•Author’s note…

•Her rambling was funny
•The kissing
lucie
“This is the strangest thing, but I think you’re going to be my best friend, Zoe Clarke.”

THIS BOOK GAVE ME ALL THE FEELS!

From roomates to lovers. The Hardest Fall was just so good - I laughed, my heart was so full with emotions that I thought it explodes, I had butterflies in my stomach and a stupid smile on my face almost the whole time. Exactly everything I expect to get from reading a romance book.

Zoe ist just adorable, she talks way too much when she's shy and Dylan is a dreamy boyfrie
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
Sweet & Quirky

This is my first ever book by this author and I was swept away with their story. Its more than YA and its more than being friends, but there's no way that you'll be disappointed or feel disconnected with the main MCs Dylan & Zoe, cause you'll love the quirkiness of Zoe and the alpha ness of Dylan.

"ιт'ѕ нard тo eхplaιn wнaт drawѕ yoυ тo a perѕon, wнaт ιт ιѕ aвoυт тнeм тнaт мaĸeѕ тнeм тнaт ѕpecιal тнaт yoυ gιve тнeм yoυr нearт. ι вelιeve ιт'ѕ all aвoυт wнo yoυ are тogeтнer,
❤️Melanie G.
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It was a great read and kept your attention from start to finish.
Currently, I need to read something that's not a tome. This has been on my KU shelf since it came out and I thought it might fit the bill. Four chapters in, however, I'm sensing that I've made a mistake. I'm just too old for this story, for this setting, and for the MCs and their problems. :(

2.25 stars. Upon finishing, here are my scattered thoughts.

What worked for me:
1) The H, while he had a bit of a past with the ladies, it only lasted one year before he found random hookups to be empty and un
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
I loved this one so so so much!! I laughed the first few parts because they were hilarious! I kind of felt for Zoe but on the other side I can understand her so much!

So while I was typing Ella Maise her name in my goodreads books to find this book back (I'm so bad with remembering names or titles) and I noticed I've read two of her other books. I was plesantly surprised to find that out, because I loved those so much! I'm so glad I came across this beauty and that thanks too my good friend Crist
Kitty
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, new-adult, epub
Soooo I binge read last week and decided to forgo my TBR list to just whatever I really wanted to read regardless of how long the book is sitting on my shelf.

I had read several reviews for this book and I was drown to it so I just gave up the fight and dove in.
What a lovely surprise.

If you know me I have no love lost for insta-love romance that span for a total of 2 weeks and then bam HEA... that just annoys me to no end. although I know and knowledge that this is the way in 99% of romance novel
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
Jamielee
Apr 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: college, dnf, sports, rabbit
1 Word Vomit Star

DNF @ 19%

Well I gave that the college try and I am going to toss this one in the same deep dark area of my closet that I tossed that Economics 101 Textbook. Never to be seen or found again.

Why am I DNF-ing this book? The Leading Lady... I can't stand her internal and external dialog. She is shy... we get it. But there is shy then there is Zoe. She can't talk to anyone even her BFF's without word vomit everywhere and not a little 1/2 a page each time. Can't answer a question wit
Amber
This book was just okay. It wasn’t terrible, but it sure didn’t give me any butterflies or have me feeling any slow burn bliss. The main thing I didn’t like about the book was the writing. The setting description was almost nonexistent. We know they are in college, Dylan is a star on the football team, and Zoe is a fine arts major. But the author didn’t describe any of the sights, sounds, smells, colors, etc. There was no attempt to pull the reader into the book and make them see and feel the ca ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
THE HARDEST FALL by Ella Maise is the story of Zoe and Dylan.
This was such a fun read! I loved the funny story how they met. Zoe was a beautiful shy girl where Dylan was the all-around sports guy heading to the NFL.
This was such a easy sweet read! Loved it!
Rabiya
Five Stars
My first book by Ella Maise and I'm absolutely in love with her words.
I didn't know how much I missed reading college romance until I started reading this book. Everything was perfect in it. The humor, romance, banter.... aahhhh and it was SLOW BURN ROMANCE guys. I'm a huge sucker for slow burn. Dylan and Zoe were simply amazing. I had a shit eating grin on my face most of the time while reading. This definitely won't be the last book I read by Ella.
“I’ll catch you when you land
Anne OK
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
The third time is the charm -- when Zoe and Dylan finally "officially" meet. Two other encounters were hilarious and quite engaging! Of course, he's THE GUY on campus -- football star looking at an NFL career -- and, well, Zoe is a whole lotta of Chatty Kathy, nerdy and smart, shy and lovable! Their coupling was delightful.

But as we all know, nothing in romanceland goes without some rocky roads and potholes filled with misunderstandings. From a new-to-me-author who put all the best feels and sw
Nina
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
This was such a fun and quick read! I absolutely loved Zoe and Dylan as a couple and can't wait to read more of Ella Maise's books soon. The only complaint I have is that Zoe is super shy and a little weird which is fine. But the whole thing was a bit over the top in the first couple of chapters which was a little annoying. Furthermore, I also wasn't the biggest fan of the writing at first but it got better the further I got in the book and I ultimately really liked Ella's style of writing.

inst
Jessy
3 stars

Initially I put this aside at 28% due to a few issues I had it it, but I decided to finish it, as I really wanted to write a full review. Unfortunately in the end I was a little disappointed by the book.

First things first, there was some things about it that I liked. The hero was quite likeable for the most part and there were some cute moments. The story was interesting enough to keep me going (even though I skimmed in the end).

However, I wasn't the biggest fan of the heroine. She was no
Rê
description

3.5 “New Adult Slow Burn” Stars

Right about when this book came out, I tried reading it, but it might’ve been the wrong time because I didn’t connect with the writing and decided to save it for later. Now, after seeing tons of readers recommending The Hardest Fall for slow burn fans, I gave it another choice and I really enjoyed it.

It’s been a while since the last time I read a romance about college students, and this book had so much of the things I love in NA. The writing wasn’t exactly my favo

• Jock Row (Jock Hard, #1)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Sunny with a Chance of True Love: The Ballad of Ugly Ross (Lonesome Point, Texas #4.5)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • Luck and Faith (Luck, #2)
  • Scoring the Quarterback (The San Diegan, #2)
  • Here All Along (Kelly Brothers, #7)
  • Frigid (Frenemy, #1)
  • Vérité (Love at Center Court, #1)
  • Long Shot (Hoops #1)
  • Take Your Time (Boston Love, #4)
  • Bulldozer (Hard to Love #3)
  • Because of Logan (Riggins U, #1)
  • Love to Hate You
  • Player
  • The Devil in Denim (New York Saints, #1)
  • Hothead (Irresistible Book 4)
  • Knowing You (Jade, #2)

Writing has become my world and I can’t imagine myself doing anything other than giving life to new characters and new stories. You know how some things simply makes your heart burst with happiness? A really good book, a puppy, hugging someone you’ve been missing like crazy? That’s what writing does to me. And all the hard work, all the sleepless nights, all the anxiety…everything is worth it at t
“How my heart missed beating like this. For him. Only for him.” 7 likes
“I didn't want to miss out on another second with this girl. Fuck everything. Fuck everyone. None of it mattered.” 7 likes