Start by marking “Runaway Rescue (The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #2)” as Want to Read:
Runaway Rescue (The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #2)

Runaway Rescue

(The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #2)

Reader beware...this is not a coloring app! The ebook you're about to buy contains the whimsical illustrations and adventuresome story of Moxie Wyoming and her magical horse, Misty. In order to color the pictures, you will need to a) order the paperback through the button up above, or b) print out the coloring sheets yourself using the instructions inside the ebook. Hope y ...more
Kindle Edition, A ColorRead With Me™ Storybook, 52 pages
Published April 12th 2018 by Pancora Press

To ask other readers questions about Runaway Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaway Rescue

Start your review of Runaway Rescue (The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #2)
Rachel
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute read about a young girl living on a ranch. Moxie and her horse, Misty, are exceptionally close to the point where they can semi-communicate with one another. This isn't your typical middle-grade story, though. There are some fantastical elements within it.

In this adventure, Mixie and Misty care for some feral cats. There's a lot of information pertaining to feral cats and what you should do if you come across them. There are some interesting resources as well.

With that said, this
Clare O'Beara
This book is unusual for me, as the tale and pictures resemble the first book, but the pictures are partly left as outline drawings so kids can have fun colouring in the page.

I think a lot of good is shown, caring for feral cats being a large part of the story and animal shelters generally a feature.
The tale is rather simplistic and depends entirely on magic, though. Far more than in the first book, which included various people plotting to round up mustangs. Here, a magic radio sends a messag
 Mummy Cat Claire
This is the second book in a series. I continue to enjoy Moxie and her adventures with Misty.

In this story we find that Moxie and Misty know each other quite well. They have grown to love one another and often visit Dizzy and her animal shelter.
This time, Moxie finds a family of feral cats on the farm. A mother cat shows up with three kittens but they are afraid of Moxie. They always run and hide from her. They enjoy the warmth of the barn though. Moxie wants to make the cats her pets but they
Billy Buttons
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These two books were entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:
Title: The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming, A Wild Ride, The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming, Runaway Rescue
Author: Niki Danforth

Content: 10/10
Co
Susan
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moxie is riding Misty as she takes a herd of Mustangs (horses) into a secret place where they will be safe. Dizzie, her friend gives her a book that is more than a book. Moxie discovers that there are more helpers than just her. Moxie rides home and helps with the chores that need to be done. She goes to her room in the barn to look at her new book. She hears a noise and finds a mama cat with her kittens hiding in the barn. Moxie calls her friend to find out how to help the kittens when mama cat ...more
Jason Collins
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mrs Rj
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Following the adventures of Moxie and her magical horse Mixie, this sweet tale is a great way to encourage young readers to engage with the importance of caring for the world we live in. As a teacher of six and seven year olds I can see that it would be a perfect reading level for the more able readers and it would capture their love for all things magical. I am not so sure a much older child would buy into the heavy sprinkling of magical happenings.

Just over half way through the book the advent
Elaine
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This middle grade adventure novel is the second in a series. The novel includes lovable characters and it is an interesting plot that holds your attention. It introduces you to the special needs of animals as it is based on the author’s love of animals and her own as well. The main character, Moxie, is caring and loves animals. Her and her magical horse Misty fly all over the world to save animals and bring them to their magical veterinary clinic to be safe. It is a great way to share kindness t ...more
Kat Kennedy
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second of a series, Runaway Rescue, follows the adventures of Moxie and her magical horse Misty as they rescue feral cats and a number of other abandoned animals. Niki Danforth weaves a wonderful tale of the kind-hearted, Moxie who along with friend, Dizzy, use their magical prowess for helping stranded and neglected animals. One of the best aspects of this novel is its educational potential for young readers. The author includes information about feral cats, exploring the differences betwee ...more
An
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Misty and Moxie story and I have to admit I enjoyed it more than I thought. Misty is a magical horse that teams with Moxie Wyoming as they go on adventures near and far. This adventure had them rescuing some local cats and then some city cats.

The different characters that belong to her friend Dizzy’s animal rescue team are also interesting and makes the reader want to know their story, too. Perhaps the author will include some of them in a spin-off series or at least give them
Elissa
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms Danforth has again created an enchanting children's book that is as delightful for adults--although we may have to suspend our disbeliefs a bit more. Flying horses and other magic notwithstanding, the core story this time revolves around domestic and feral animal rescue and provides a terrific amount of information slipped casually into the storyline. Following the main tale are a number of articles further discussing facts of feral cat rescue, grizzly bears, and more.

I recommend you read alo
Hannah Barry
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really phenomenal read for kids! Fun, fast-paced, dynamic, and filled to the top with adorable animals and daring characters. Surely a read that will inspire kids to care for creatures as they do their friends. Reading this as an adult was easy, of course, but still engaging--I laughed and held my breath hoping that everything would turn out okay. For cat lovers, this book will be especially exciting and heart-warming.

My favorite part of the experience of reading this book was discovering tha
Meredith
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**I received an e-ARC from NetGalley for an honest review**

This story has everything that I would have loved as a kid- a girl, her magical horse, and together they rescue abused animals!

This reads like a modern day (magical) western. It would be a great book to give any kid who is interested in animal rescue, or even animals in general. There's some information given after the story that goes into more detail about feral cats (and some cute pictures as well). There is even an article about the r
Yvonne Glasgow
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Educational and magical

This is a fun and educational little story. I feel as though it may have lost a little something in the transition to the book for younger readers though. I felt like the story arcs could have ended more solidly, like some of the story felt like it was missing (though I am sure young readers are less likely to notice this). Aside from that, it's an interesting and magical tale with beautiful artwork.

As someone who loves animals and has done some rescue work of her own, I t
Tricia
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute, fun book with lots of useful information about feral cats and ways to safely rescue them. Unfortunately I think the big flaw here is that the author needs choose the intended age range for this book because right now it is bit muddled, as indicated by the listing of different ages that accompany the book. I think it might be a little too hard for many six year olds to understand completely, as well as being able to keep track of the many names and characters peppered throughout t ...more
sophie clark
Runway Rescue is a short novel for children. It follows Moxie and her horse Misty on their animal rescue adventures. This story is like a modern Western for young readers and Moxie is full of pluck (as her name would imply). One of my favourite things about this book was the setting. Danforth does a great job at describing the physical landscape. Her descriptions are magical and evocative; this fits with the narrative's fantasy elements. Moxie and Misty's friendship will appeal to many readers, ...more
Mererid Evanna
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An exciting adventure that successfully mixes real life and fantasy. The heroine and her flying horse are part of a secret magical organization all over America (or maybe the world!) who rescue wild, feral and domestic animals and provide a wonderful peaceful home for them. I should think young girls especially would love it and hopefully it would inspire them to help those not-so-secret groups who bring about near-magical transformations in rescued animals and who protect environments so wild a ...more
Kaitlyn
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As someone who adored horses as a child, I read every horse book I could get. I would have loved Runaway Rescue: The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming as a young lady. This is a sweet sequel to the first book in the series, A Wild Ride.

Young readers are sure to enjoy this cheerful story. Niki Danforth’s work is geared toward readers aged 7 to 12 and is complete with many vocabulary words. Kids will love the fun adventures and characters, but the book also introduces them to lessons like workin
Cherry London
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moxie, her horse Misty, and her friend Dizzy are on a mission of rescuing abuse animals from farms, homes, even strays. They take them to a place, a sanctuary where magic is the only means of getting there. Here they get to roam free and live out the rest of their lives peacefully without fear. Everything about this sanctuary was magical, which includes the animals they became younger and started speaking. This book takes you on a magical adventure like no other with Moxie and her magical animal ...more
Katherine
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book geared to the elementary school level and probably would have loved the series when I was that age as it features a girl, her horse (I wanted one so badly!) and lots of animal adventures. The drawings are cute and go with the story really well. It is full of good information concerning stray animals, feral cats and the need to spay and rescue groups and people with bashing you over the head with it. Moxie is smart, responsible and has a bit of magic in her. I thank #netgalley ...more
Charles
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cats Cats and More Cats!

Well what can I say as a cat lover this book was written for me! This book is an excellent way to teach kids the importance of animals and how to save them. What a fun book full of magical whimsy and mystical adventure. This is an outstanding example of how a children's book should be written. It's a fun adventure peppered with real life useful bits of info on how to take care of our furry little friends!!!!
Kelly McDonough
This children's sweet animal adventure series is suitable for 7-12-year-olds, but parents might also enjoy going along for the ride -- or, at least reading it and discussing the importance of taking good care of animals. It's not only an adventure, but it's also a learning tool for children. Danforth does a great job in creating magical moments throughout the story. Charming...breezy and fun mix of reality and fantasy.
Cair-Paravel De Loulay
Moxie is a country girl with a horse named Misty. Their adventures together are fabulously fun and it only gets better when Moxie's friend share a few feral cats with Moxie. What follows is a wonderful rescue story with a new home for the cats and new friends for every one. The pictures are wonderful drawn and I will definitely read it again.

I received a free copy from Hidden Gems Books in return for an honest review.
Ann
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book that any age animal lover will love! What could be better than a little girl with a pair of magical pink cowgirl boots, a horse that can fly and they rescue abused animals. This is a well written book that is full of adventure, excitement and animals. I highly recommend this book. Thank you Niki Danforth and BooksGoSocial via NetGalley for the complimentary copy of this book. I loved it! All opinions expressed are my own. 5 stars all the way!
Joann Rodriguez
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an adorable story of a girl and her magic horse. They learn about feral cats and how to care for them all throughout this story. The graphics are amazing and I think it's a great read for any young adult reader as well as a great book for parents to read to their young readers who aren't up to this level yet.
Corrine Cassels
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this with my 9 year old son. He loved it. I found all the animal names a little hard to keep track of, but overall it was an adorable story with a female heroine. Even though it was meant for a younger audience, I think the 9 year old demographic is probably a better range. If your kids are animal lovers, they'll really enjoy this book.
T.S.
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Up there with My Friend Flicka, this heartwarming story about a girl who uses magic to rescue animals is the best. It is great for young readers and is the perfect way to increase lexile scores. WIth animals, magic, and a mystical veterinary clinic, this is a book I had wished was around when I was growing up. Will definitely be a recommendation for my students to read.
Yannie
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It actually took me a long time to read this book because of my job. It was a nice read that talks about animal rescue. It was mostly about feral cats. Honestly, it doesn't have that much impact on me but I still like it. It teaches kids how to care for animals, how to tame the wild ones and it also teaches them how to be responsible. Recommended for older kids and animal lovers.
Amanda Waters
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fun, magical adventure that I think would especially appeal to children who love animals. The plot is engaging, and the characters enjoyable. While it's a great early chapter book for young readers, my kids also liked listening to it as a read-aloud. I also liked that the author included facts and educational information at the end of the book related to the story.
Susan
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great pet rescue fantasy for young animal lovers. Moxie’s and Misty’s adventures continue as each adventure teaches some facts on animal care. The author’s imaginative plots add a young “super hero” flavor to the stories that I bet most children would love to have, so saddle up!

• The Secret Diaries of Juan Luis Vives: A Novel
  • Santa in a Snow Globe
  • The Deadly Crocus (Falling Sky: 1)
  • The Perfection of Fish
  • Hard Easy: A Get Real Guide to Getting the Life You Want
  • Children of the Miracle
  • Blood in the Water
  • Nova Dragon (Goblin Star #1)
  • The Most Important Lessons in Economics and Finance: A Comprehensive Collection of Time-Tested Principles of Wealth Management
  • You Can Change the World: The Kids' Guide to a Better Planet
  • The One and Only (The ELI Chronicles, #1)
  • Stop It! (Mean Girls #9)
  • Stuffed
  • Disaster (Mean Girls #10)
  • The Tether (The ELI Chronicles, #2)
  • The Sleepover (Mean Girls #8)
  • Crazy Camp (Mean Girls #7)
  • MEAN GIRLS - Part 1: Books 1,2 & 3: Books for Girls aged 9-12
Niki Danforth, daughter of a Cold War covert intelligence officer, has the "thriller/adventure" gene in her DNA. After a career as a successful TV/video producer and director in New York, this empty-nester is picking up her first love of mystery books and recreating herself as an author in the genre. Danforth lives in the New Jersey countryside with her husband and two drama-queen dogs.

The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming (2 books)
  • A Wild Ride (The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #1)

News & Interviews