Start by marking “Runaway Rescue (The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #2)” as Want to Read:
Runaway Rescue (The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #2)

Runaway Rescue

(The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #2)

Reader beware...this is not a coloring app! The ebook you're about to buy contains the whimsical illustrations and adventuresome story of Moxie Wyoming and her magical horse, Misty. In order to color the pictures, you will need to a) order the paperback through the button up above, or b) print out the coloring sheets yourself using the instructions inside the ebook. Hope y ...more
Kindle Edition, A ColorRead With Me™ Storybook, 52 pages
Published April 12th 2018 by Pancora Press

To ask other readers questions about Runaway Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaway Rescue

Start your review of Runaway Rescue (The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #2)
 Mummy Cat Claire
This is the second book in a series. I continue to enjoy Moxie and her adventures with Misty.

In this story we find that Moxie and Misty know each other quite well. They have grown to love one another and often visit Dizzy and her animal shelter.
This time, Moxie finds a family of feral cats on the farm. A mother cat shows up with three kittens but they are afraid of Moxie. They always run and hide from her. They enjoy the warmth of the barn though. Moxie wants to make the cats her pe
Billy Buttons
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These two books were entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:
Title: The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming, A Wild Ride, The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming, Runaway Rescue
Author: Niki Danforth

Cover: 10/10
Stats: The Adventures of Misty &
An
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Misty and Moxie story and I have to admit I enjoyed it more than I thought. Misty is a magical horse that teams with Moxie Wyoming as they go on adventures near and far. This adventure had them rescuing some local cats and then some city cats.

The different characters that belong to her friend Dizzy’s animal rescue team are also interesting and makes the reader want to know their story, too. Perhaps the author will include some of them in a spin-off series or at leas
Elissa
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms Danforth has again created an enchanting children's book that is as delightful for adults--although we may have to suspend our disbeliefs a bit more. Flying horses and other magic notwithstanding, the core story this time revolves around domestic and feral animal rescue and provides a terrific amount of information slipped casually into the storyline. Following the main tale are a number of articles further discussing facts of feral cat rescue, grizzly bears, and more.

I recommend
Yvonne Glasgow
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Educational and magical

This is a fun and educational little story. I feel as though it may have lost a little something in the transition to the book for younger readers though. I felt like the story arcs could have ended more solidly, like some of the story felt like it was missing (though I am sure young readers are less likely to notice this). Aside from that, it's an interesting and magical tale with beautiful artwork.

As someone who loves animals and has done some rescue work o
Tricia
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute, fun book with lots of useful information about feral cats and ways to safely rescue them. Unfortunately I think the big flaw here is that the author needs choose the intended age range for this book because right now it is bit muddled, as indicated by the listing of different ages that accompany the book. I think it might be a little too hard for many six year olds to understand completely, as well as being able to keep track of the many names and characters peppered throughout t ...more
sophie clark
Runway Rescue is a short novel for children. It follows Moxie and her horse Misty on their animal rescue adventures. This story is like a modern Western for young readers and Moxie is full of pluck (as her name would imply). One of my favourite things about this book was the setting. Danforth does a great job at describing the physical landscape. Her descriptions are magical and evocative; this fits with the narrative's fantasy elements. Moxie and Misty's friendship will appeal to many readers, ...more
Mererid Evanna
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An exciting adventure that successfully mixes real life and fantasy. The heroine and her flying horse are part of a secret magical organization all over America (or maybe the world!) who rescue wild, feral and domestic animals and provide a wonderful peaceful home for them. I should think young girls especially would love it and hopefully it would inspire them to help those not-so-secret groups who bring about near-magical transformations in rescued animals and who protect environments so wild a ...more
Charles
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cats Cats and More Cats!

Well what can I say as a cat lover this book was written for me! This book is an excellent way to teach kids the importance of animals and how to save them. What a fun book full of magical whimsy and mystical adventure. This is an outstanding example of how a children's book should be written. It's a fun adventure peppered with real life useful bits of info on how to take care of our furry little friends!!!!
Corrine Cassels
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this with my 9 year old son. He loved it. I found all the animal names a little hard to keep track of, but overall it was an adorable story with a female heroine. Even though it was meant for a younger audience, I think the 9 year old demographic is probably a better range. If your kids are animal lovers, they'll really enjoy this book.
Joann Rodriguez
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an adorable story of a girl and her magic horse. They learn about feral cats and how to care for them all throughout this story. The graphics are amazing and I think it's a great read for any young adult reader as well as a great book for parents to read to their young readers who aren't up to this level yet.
Susan
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great pet rescue fantasy for young animal lovers. Moxie’s and Misty’s adventures continue as each adventure teaches some facts on animal care. The author’s imaginative plots add a young “super hero” flavor to the stories that I bet most children would love to have, so saddle up!
Shelda
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to review. This book is for your young children ages 4 to 8 in my opinion. It’s a cute story set on a farm. It had great illustrations that are included with a link at the end. This allows your child to color the illustrations.
Stephanie
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-copy
What a great story about rescuing pets! A great fantasy adventure awaits the reader. I enjoyed the picture each chapter had in the ARC version. In my purchased copy none of the pictures are showing which is a disappointment.

I was gifted an ARC in return of an honest review.
Christine Meunier
Moxie Wyoming is a young girl who loves animals. She will help them in whatever way she can and has been known to befriend and provide homes for animals that she stumbles across. The ten year old rider has an incredible mare that she uses on rescue missions.

Read more at http://equus-blog.com/runaway-rescue-...
November Is Nyarlathotep The Haunted Reading Room
Review of RUNAWAY RESCUE by Niki Danforth
(The Adventures of Misty and Moxie Wyoming 2)

Oh if only the Earth were populated with people like Moxie and Dizzy, and magical shelters for animals like Dizzy's hidden shelter! Of course, if that were the case, we could also wish for every human to care for and protect animals; then shelters wouldn't be essential.

This is truly a magical book in multiple senses, a definite recommendation for my grandchildren. As well as suppor
Ravin Maurice
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though I had not read the first book, I really enjoyed this book. Moxie is a great character, and I love how the story incorporated teaching kids about taking care of different types of animals. The magical elements were sweet and well done. I really liked how the author had the same situation happening in two different parts of the country and was able to show how it would be handled depening on the circumstances.
I would recommend this book to young readers who love animals and like a lit
Shelby Steinauer
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Runaway Rescue is a great book for young readers! The accompanying coloring pages will keep kids engaged in the story.

Moxie and Misty's adventures are just the kind of story I liked to read when I was little. All animal lovers will enjoy the fun and magical adventures Moxie Wyoming and her little horse go. Moxie is a curious character that spends her time with her animals and helping other critters. She listens to her neighborhood vet and other adults so she can help these furry frie
Amy
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Runaway Rescue: The Adventures of Misty and Moxie Wyoming is the second book of the series by Niki Danforth. I enjoyed this one as much as the first book. My daughter and I read it together, which was a perfect way to spend time with one another. Misty and Moxie are a fun pair. I love how the story has a wonderful lesson for everyone of all ages to learn.

I highly recommend this book, as well, as the series for readers young and old.

5+ stars.

I received this boo
Shelby Steinauer
Calling all animal lovers! Runaway Rescue: The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming is a fun and sweet adventure story. Moxie is a caring girl that loves animals. She and her friend Dizzy use magic to rescue neglected and stranded animals. This story will bring out the compassion in your young reader. Moxie and her magical horse Misty fly all over to save animals and bring them to a magical veterinary clinic so they can be safe and happy.

This cute story is excellent for young read
Susan
Jun 15, 2019
Gregnie
Sep 11, 2019
Sep 12, 2019
Niki Danforth, daughter of a Cold War covert intelligence officer, has the "thriller/adventure" gene in her DNA. After a career as a successful TV/video producer and director in New York, this empty-nester is picking up her first love of mystery books and recreating herself as an author in the genre. Danforth lives in the New Jersey countryside with her husband and two drama-queen dogs.

The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming (2 books)
  • A Wild Ride (The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #1)