Start by marking “Sway” as Want to Read:
Sway

Sway

(Dancing under the Stars #2)

Two ballroom superstars from different corners of the world.
Former best friends now sworn bitter rivals.
Salomé
The dance I choreographed won an Emmy—but someone else claimed it. The man I loved just got engaged—but another woman is wearing his ring. I'm the reigning world champion ballroom dancer—but I'm not "TV material." I'm too curvy. I'm too short. I'm too real.
Published April 24th 2018 (first published April 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sway

Start your review of Sway
☆☆Hannah☆☆
I read an ARC copy of this.

Overall this wasn't a bad book. I will admit that the characters weren't always enjoyable to me. I get that in the dance world things can be difficult. I did care enough to get to the end to see how everything turned out for them though.
bjhix
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done-review
ARC provided by Bolero Books via NetGalley for an honest review.
First I want to say that this book intrigued me because it is about one of my favorite subjects – DANCE. I love dance in any form, from folk dancing, ballroom, line dancing, krump – heck, name it and I love it. If it is set to music and it makes your body want to get up and move, get lost in the rhythm and become a different person for 5 to 10 minutes, count me in!
I enjoyed the premise of this book, I recognized some of the
Red Cheeks Reads
If you are a fan of the show “Dancing with the Stars”, then this is the book for you! “Waltz on the Wild Side” is pretty much a behind the scenes play by play of the ballroom dancing competition. The book alternates POV between Salome and Vika, former best friends and now bitter rivals. After years of competing in the ballroom circuit, they now go head to head on network television. Salome has always been the underdog of the dance world. Too short and too heavy, she is constantly overlooked ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Sway isn't really a romance. I'd be more apt to categorize it as chick-lit, but it's fun, light read if that's what you're into.

Salomé, Jenny, Diana and Vika are 4 dancing colleagues and friends. Or, well, Salomé, Jenny and Diana are friends, Vika's their former friend, for various, gossipy reasons. Vika's just won an Emmy thanks to Sal's choreography, though, and it just makes things all the worse for Sal. But when all four are named as competitors in Dancing Under the Stars, the catty
Dolores
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alana-albertson
I received this book for Free to Give My True & Honest Review.

This is my first of Alana's non military books & didn't know what to exactly expect. And I did enjoy it though honestly not as much as I do her strong military hot headed alpha males.
Here we have a mix of old best Matt's, ex partners BOTH on & off the dance floor.
So here we have 3 current best mates, Salomé, Diana & Jenny. Then the 2 old best mates Salomé & Viktoria 'Vika'& Salomé's ex Genya.
So we see all of
Giofab21
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
So i'm not really sure what I expected from this book, but I just couldn't connect or relate to any of the number of characters and couples. Maybe the professional dancing world it's just out of my zone and I'm okay with that now. I've realized that reading books that are sometimes outside of my usual preferences can go one of two ways. Sometimes I will be pleasantly surprised and sometimes I won't. I wish I could say I was the first but knowing that there's different things that people like and ...more
Laila Viking
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Likeable characters that are well described. I like it is written in dual POV, which gives the reader both the thoughts and feelings of the main characters. That makes the story even more emotional and captivating. The twists and turns are unexpected.

Characters are well described and they develop nicely through the story. The go from friends to enemies to lovers. A story with a well described storyline that takes the reader to the plot. I would not categories it as romance but it has a bit of
Magali
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A tv reality dance show in which enemies dancers, or ex lovers are reunited : sparks fly, in good and bad way. But when the « stars » enter in the game, pfffff….it’s definitely more interesting.
I don’t really appreciated dance shows, it definitely needed a good story to not be annoyed, and that’s quite good. I liked it despite the theme. Ones who love real dance reality show will definitely enjoy.
The characters, their links and the relations between them change all along the story so, sometimes,
Charity Chimni
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Following two different characters who used to be best friends while they struggle to decide what they want in life, this story was a bit different than the normal romance books. Instead of focusing on a male and female lead for their individual POVs, we had two female leads. With their individual budding relationships in the background. A story full of drama and passion. I enjoyed watching each woman determine what was most important to her and go for it.
Diane Vandergriff
May 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
I hate writing reviews like this....After reading Book 1, I was anxiously awaiting Book 2. I fell to the earth real quick. This one was a big disappointment for me. It really wasn't a romance and I got tired of all the cattiness going on. I was so disappointed I couldn't finish reading this one....

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book...
Karen
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Well, I wasn't sure whose story it was for most of the book and there were weird chapters in between the story chapters but I love Dancing under the Stars and keeping up with all the characters was necessary. I did like the end as it tidies up very nice as it isn't a perfect ending (Diana?) but pretty fun nonetheless.
Corrinne
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story about dancing and the characters kept me interested I wasn't expecting it how to end how it did but it was good, I would like to read a book before this one about the story between Salome and Vika and there could def be a story after this one in what happens to them all after the ending
Melanie Jo
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is definitely different from Alana's previous work. Although it's not my favorite, I did enjoy it. It follows the lives of different dancers and deals with drama, romance and more. It's a very interesting plot and it does keep you engaged. Good read.

I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy.
Pat
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be a total joy to read with the well rounded characters and the well written storyline that kept me totally enthralled until the turn of the very last page!
Erin Bomboy
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely ridiculous, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I usually shy away from chick-lit, finding its employment of clichés almost cynical. Waltz on the Wild Side—aka Dancing with the Stars in fiction form—starts no differently, with girls drinking booze while watching reality television.

The story alternates between Salome, a talented dancer and choreographer, and Vika, an off-the-boat Russian who will do anything to win. Salome, surprisingly, proves to be the less compelling
Melanie
Waltz on the Wild Side is the second book in the Dancing Under The Stars series by Alana Albertson.This is a straight up romance and not something I would normally read, but I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone.

I didn't really have any issues with this book, it was a quick read for me. It wasn't taxing on my brain and if I was too describe it in one word... Well, this sounds insulting but I would said it was Cheesy. Yes this book for me was pure cheese. Don't get me wrong I like some
Hooked On Books
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Waltz on the Wild Side by Alana Albertson is a story about two dancers who used to be best friends. Salomé has the pressure put on her about her appearance. She's not skinny enough, she's short and is horrible at doing interviews. She also has to deal with seeing her ex-boyfriend and dance partner with her replacement. Vika had it hard as a child, being shipped to the United States to live her baba(grandma) to have the chance at a better life. She's married to someone who is a lot older and has ...more
Brandi {BusyBwith3}
I decided to try this book for the dancing theme, I had not read a book with this type plot before. This aspect was entertaining and fun. I enjoyed the pre-chapter dance sections. I am going to assume all the references to real-life shows and characters, was not an accident because I found it a bit cheesy but hilarious at times!

Now for the characters, I felt like there was some opportunities missed and they were a bit thin. Example, Salome and Dima's relationship was talked about but we did not
Melinda
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MORE @ http://melenasreviews.wordpress.com

Waltz on the Wilde Side by Alana Albertson is definitely a tale far more than the TV show Dancing with the Stars. I loved that these two used to be friends and now must work with one another. Salome to me seemed a little too needy. One moment I understood her but then she would do something that made me want to pull her hair. Now Vika though she may be a witch in the book I kind of felt sorry for her. The life she thought was great is starting to seem
Sarah ~Book Addict~
More chic lit style than romance, this was a very enjoyable read. I liked Salome and Vika both and was engaged with both very quickly. Both are ballroom superstars and former best friends. I like the character development and the backstory that brings them fully to life as they go forward and gives them such depth.
~ARC via Hidden Gems. This is my honest, voluntary review.~
Anima
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-romance
This was a huge surprise. Sent from the publisher for an honest review I really enjoyed reading this author. The dance world is something I've always enjoyed watching but reading about the moves and the closeness of the dancers is very exciting. We have a group of young dancers that have known each other for years through falling outs and championships. They have the chance to do something new and exciting for their careers and it changes things forever. New friends, lovers, challenges and fame. ...more
Linda
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Salomé is about to do what she swore never to do - join the cast of Dancing under the Stars. This one decision is about to change everything - hopefully for the better.
Vika is the reigning champion, with two wins under her belt, and doesnt like her former BFF being one of the new dancers this season..
Smutty fluff, intrigues and dancing in a great combo.
Sam
Jun 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun story! I had a hard time with Vika's sections, and sometimes Salome worried me, but overall I enjoyed this book!

For full review, check out Books, books, and more books at:

This book was provided to me by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is a really lovely quick and light read. I've not read many books about dancing so I found this quite refreshing.

This is Salome and Vikas story. This book gives you an insight into the world of dancing. Pressure, competitions and love. These dancers go through it all.

This storyline was unique for me. The author did a great job with this story.
Dana
May 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: red-cheeks-reads
Check out my review on Red Cheeks Reads

Sam
May 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
A little cheesy, but I enjoyed the story line and it following multiple characters.
Tracy Lynn
Aug 23, 2019
Mel Wraith
Jul 23, 2018

• The Light We Found
  • Pretend You're Mine (Inked Hearts, #3)
Alana Albertson is a multi-award winning author, current President of Romance Writers of America's Contemporary Romance Chapter and the former President of both Romance Writers of America’s Young Adult and Chick Lit chapters. Alana Albertson holds a Masters of Education from Harvard University and a Bachelor of Arts in English from Stanford University. A recovering professional ballroom dancer, ...more

Dancing under the Stars (2 books)
  • Love Waltzes In