Start by marking “Sektor osm (Obránce perimetru , #1)” as Want to Read:
Sektor osm (Obránce perimetru , #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Sektor osm

(Perimeter Defense #1)

LitRPG bere literární svět útokem. Stačí se podívat třeba na nabídku Amazonu. Je více než potěšitelné, že špičkoví autoři patří právě do naší „stáje“. Vasilij Mahanenko (série Cesta šamana) byl první, kterého jsme v žánru LitRPG u nás vydali. Nyní se velmi hlasitě hlásí o slovo Michael Atamanov se svou tetralogií Obránce perimetru.

Atamanov tentokrát sáhl po sci
Published April 2018 by Fantom Print (first published September 18th 2015)

Dark Ape
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd give this a 6 if I could because once I started I could not put it down, and even after I finished it in the early AM, I had trouble getting to sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about the story and where it was going to go!
Frenchiie
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahh, where to begin? a Top rank Sci fi space opera litrpg.

For an idea of what you have in the hands this could be a mix of Spineward Sector series with resemblance in jump mechanics, EVE Online for the various spacial strategies, Destiny Online of royalroadl for various interaction with realworld, Legend of the Galactic Heroes the magistral anime/manga THE reference in political space opera and all with the spice of the author, that have build that perfect chemistry for the space ope
Yuelin Zhong
Tweedledee
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eve

Hello fellow capsulears. If you know what that means you will probably enjoy this book. Since it was written by a Russian you can probably guess who this writer flew with.
Matthieu
Mant good ideas but....

STOP: the MP is a complete moron and the author fails to create the world.

1/ There is not a single relevant infodump! We do NOT know how the ships work. What's their relative power, how we can use tactics, what's allowed or not. Basically the author assumes that you played Eve Online and that's it. Without some high level knowledge of how games like this one work, you'll never catch what's happening.
2/ Units are definitively ridiculous
3/ The MP is
Scott Voyles
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book

Wow what a great combination combining a space series with role playing games, add to that a really good storyline that hook you right away and you have a great series.
Andrew
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great story, love how the mc himself doesnt know if he is in a game or another world/dimesnsion whatsoever, and the reader too wonders.
NiteHaze
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The MC is loyal a great tactician and a capable leader. He holds strong in his convictions and worked hard to lose weight, get healthy and get clean from his drug addiction. He loves his 'daughter' and it's cute how he spoils her throughout the book. The way he gains the trust of his personal bodyguard is believable and their friendship is a strong point of the book. The politics and world building are interesting. The problem. The Women.

Atamanov Can create such interesting worlds but every boo
TinySalad
Jan 22, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The story goes that the rich and powerful are all a bunch of roleplayers who got pissed of the plebs weren't taking games seriously so they came together to make a secret game for hardcore roleplayers. That's where our protagonist comes in, one of the rich wants someone to play on his account because he's embarrassingly bad at the game. From there on out it's no longer a litrpg, it's just a shitty scifi novel! The main character is ingame 24/7, everyone takes the roleplaying really really seriou ...more
Topher
Hey look - an actual scifi litrpg!

We'll okay, I'm sure someone will correct me and say it's gamelit, but my shelf says litrpg, so that's what I'm sticking with....

Ruslan is a strategist for something that sounds an awful lot like EVE Online when he's hired to come fill in on a special game, made for the incredibly wealthy. He'll be paid several times his annual salary in exchange for 6 months of work, making some rich dude look good. And, that's the last of the story on E
Guillem
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While the small amount of gaming elements in this series makes it hard to compare to other Lit RPG books, this does not in any way make the story any less interesting. The series may not be the best for someone who prefers action-packed novels with near-constant combat. I personally really enjoyed the heavy political action going on for most of the story, made all the more interesting by the fact that there are other races involved with mentalities that are completely different from mankind's.
Magila
This feels like the first real space 4x GameLit book that I've personally read. I enjoyed the complexity of the characters. Having read all the way through A Game with No Rules, I kind of wish that we could get some additional installments.

Recommended for space fans who are ok with moral complexity.
Kritch
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like it a lot. So many characters, tho. And why do they always call each other by their full names? Just curious, is it a culture thing?

Overall, it is much better than I thought it would be when I started. Maybe, my standard is low cos I don't read too much space opera, but I do feel that the space fights are really exciting.

Damn the cliffhangers ending tho. Oh well, on to the next book.
Luek
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

More of a military sci fi story than a gamelit novel, perimeter defense is an excellent story. Atamanov is great writer, and all of his series have excellent characters, pace, and storylines. If you want a good light science sci fi fleet story, you can’t go wrong with the perimeter defense series.
Matt Morgan
I couldn't tell you why I didn't read any further than this first book, but it did stop with the first book. I know that is extremely helpful in a review, but there it is. It may be that something was literally lost in translation or maybe its just missing that little bit 'more' that turns an OK book into a good book.
BooKish
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well I never expect much from LitRPG in literary sense except guilty entertainment, but this is setting the bar too low.

too many plot holes, the guy is 30 mins in the game and he know which ships were destroyed in what star system but had no freakin clue that he had a daughter!!!!!!!!!!
the plot holes are numerous

I finished the book but will not pursue the series.
Nikhil Narayanan
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: litrpg, space-and-war
Mix of Litrpg and Space opera ... Unique combination and a good start to a series!!
Deconinck
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting...
Jason Harstad
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

I really enjoyed this book,it is a mix of sci-fi and some aspects of gamelit. I cannot wait to read the next one.
Heretic
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting fleet combat tale, crossed with litrpg. Odd, but entertaining story. Kinda like Dune, only with fleet combat.
Roberto Viña Sosa
My only problem is with how trusting the MC is with his body! that's gonna come back to kick him in the ass soooo very hard!
Kenny McGinnis
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: litrpg
Much better than expected!
Sabion
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-scifi
Not a bad opening to a series. It took too long for me to buy into the setup though.
Anne
Apr 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kestas
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lit-rpg
Kristoffer
I am giving this book three and one half stars. The book was an interesting enough book about a guy who ends up taking over the role of another person in what he believes to be a very realistic and immersive video game that seems like reality. It is not clear whether he is really in a video game or reality, and although that might seem interesting at first, it really didn't seem to matter much at all and was kind of a pointless story detail that took up space and kind of was confusing. None of t ...more
Aaron Nagy
May 16, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
This was awful. There were alot of good ideas and I went in pretty excited because of it's rating and description. The warning signs started early with a bit of an unbelivable premise, but I ignored it going okay fine whatever it's just for the setup. Then there was all the clunky dialog, well I read tons of terrible webfiction so I got a high tolerance for that. Then there was the nonsensical plot and characters. I don't get anyone...nobody is relatable, nobodies actions make any sense I just c ...more
Nate
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While this is a very fun Sci-Fi and overall a great story, I would not call it a LitRPG. It's very lightly seasoned with those elements. Yes, throughout the book his "standing" is constantly changing but it doesn't contribute to the story. Take out the standing and take out the fact that Mia is in the real world and instead place her on a remote planet and you have exactly the same story. So while yes, I very much enjoyed the book I would just say it's an awesome space Sci-Fi.
M.L.
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
This is a fairly good litrpg novel with only a few translation issues from the original Russian. I rather liked the social interactions, though the book skims a little too much on the space battle side of things.
Iammrx
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was a fantastic book, a bit slow on the draw but when the action started It picked up so fast. Just a great book overall.

• Edge of Reality (Phantom Server, #1)
  • Start the Game (Galactogon #1)
  • End Online: Volume 1 (End Online, #1)
  • The Way of the Clan Book 1 (World of Valdira, #1)
  • Project Daily Grind (Mirror World, #1)
  • Omnia Online (Omnia Online #1)
  • Universe Online - Enter the Game: Part 1
  • A Virtual Dream (The Dragon's Wrath, #1)
  • Enigmatic Village of Nanahuatl (Zectas, #1)
  • The Duty (Play to Live #3)
  • Opening Moves (The Gam3, #1)
  • The Long Fall (Exodus: Empires at War, #4)
  • Hunter's Bounty (Veller, #3)
  • Gods of Blood and Bone (Seeds of Chaos, #1)
  • Wanted (Ell Donsaii, #10)
  • The Bathrobe Knight (The Bathrobe Knight, #1)
  • Patch 17 (Realm of Arkon, #1)
Michael Atamanov was born in 1975 in Grozny, Chechnia. He excelled at school, winning numerous national science and writing competitions. Having graduated with honors, he entered Moscow University to study material engineering. Soon, however, he had no home to return to: their house was destroyed during the first Chechen campaign. Michael's family fled the war, taking shelter with some relatives i ...more

Perimeter Defense (4 books)
  • Beyond Death (Perimeter Defense #2)
  • New Contract (Perimeter Defense, #3)
  • A Game with No Rules (Perimeter Defense #4)