Start by marking “The Hairy Hand” as Want to Read:
The Hairy Hand

The Hairy Hand

With great power at the end of your fingers comes great trouble.

Septimus feels out-of-place in his village, where everyone else his age is called Garp, Darg, Smerg or Blaarg. Good, honest names that sound like you have just swallowed something pointy or are sneezing into custard. Even his parents make him feel like a complete stranger (especially his parents).

Then he inhe
Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about The Hairy Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hairy Hand

Dash fan
5☆ Action, Fantasy Adventure, Quirky Characters, Magic and Danger.... The Perfect Children's Adventure.

The Hairy Hand is an Action Packed, fun children's Fantasy adventure, Full of Quirky Endearing Characters, Magic, Danger, Humour, A Coming of Age / Self Discovery Story.
I Loved it!

Septimus is a young boy who doesn't really fit in.
When his Uncle passes away, he is told if he can make it to his Uncles house then he can inherit three things of his choosing.

So what follows next is an thrilling and
Elaine
With a lead character called Septimus Plog you just have to know this is going to be a very different story - and you'll not be disappointed! Septimus - aka Sept - is very much the odd one out in his home village of Nowhere. When his uncle dies he travels to collect his inheritance. Now, once you realise his Uncle was a powerful magician, you know the fun's about to start! You really need to read it to discover just what fun, danger, dark magic and nasty spells he encounters and how he changes l ...more
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
I really enjoyed reading this, and would aim it towards Teens. Perhaps younger teens, but it was good fun even for myself to read!

The Characters and storyline are varied and kept me guessing, laughing my way through the book at the antics and mishaps throughout, with a few cleverly woven in messages for those reading it.

This was a great story, the plot line was cleverly crafted and flowed wonderfully, with a lot of wit and humour from the get go. I was never sure what to expect from the next ch
Jessica Bronder
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Septimus, Sept doesn’t fit in with the people of his little village. But then his magician of an uncle passes away and leaves Sept a Hairy Hand. This has the magical ability to find buried treasure. Of course his parents are excited since they are a family of thieves. But the letter that comes with the Hairy Hand promises to change his life which it does.

I loved this story. Although it is geared toward midgrade readers it easily appeals to all ages. Sept is a good kid, honest, and feels out of p
Lauren Tess'x
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every now and then a book comes along and just sweeps you off your feet – quite literally.

I spent a valuable 3/4 hours glued to this book. I really enjoyed it.

Although aimed at 8-12 year olds as a scary adventure, as I’m sure it would be, given that age range but if you’re reading as an adult, it comes across as a humorous fantasy. Not quite Harry Potter but it explores an 11 year old ‘Plog’s’ journey to finding his destiny in the magical sense.

In following Septimus Plog’s journey after hearing
Lorraine
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this humorous and moderately gruesome read which, I think, will appeal to it’s target audience.

Septimus Plog, or Sept for short, doesn’t have the best upbringing and doesn’t fit in in his village. An unexpected inheritance from his uncle, a powerful magician, changes that.

Sept embarks on a journey, not only to find his late uncles home, but also to find himself and to stand up for what is right.

There’s an amazing cast of ghastly characters, including Sept’s parents, Plog the Sneaker an
Simon Leonard
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being a big kid at heart I do enjoy reading nice easy children's books occasionally, especially if it involves Magic and weird things, such as Hairy hands, which point the way to treasures.

This is the first book I have read of Robin's but, after reading the teaser of his next book I am looking forward to getting my hands on that as well.

The book follows our young hero Septimus, or Sept to his friends, as he inherits the Hairy hand from the title of the book after his aunlce passes away. With the
Loziiee
Emma
Jan 25, 2019
Catherine ♡
Jan 20, 2019
Robin Bennett is an author and entrepreneur who has written several books for children, sometimes under the nom de plume R.S Harding, and a few more on the swashbuckling world of business: How to Make a Good Living Running Your Own Business, Kicking the Property Ladder and Start up Smart, all published by Harriman House.

In 1997, Monster Books was founded as a way for Robin to sound moderately resp