Start by marking “Tiny, Perfect Things” as Want to Read:
Tiny, Perfect Things

Tiny, Perfect Things

The whole world is a treasure waiting to be found. Open your eyes and see the wonderful things all around. This is the story of a child and a grandfather whose walk around the neighborhood leads to a day of shared wonder as they discover all sorts of tiny, perfect things together. With rhythmic storytelling and detailed and intricate illustrations, this is a book about how ...more
Hardcover
Published June 1st 2018 by Casemate Publishers and Book Distributors

To ask other readers questions about Tiny, Perfect Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiny, Perfect Things

Start your review of Tiny, Perfect Things
Jon Nakapalau
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book! Read it with a small child before you take them on a summer walk!
Emily Duchon
this book itself is tiny and perfect.

love it and will buy for my future danimal jr.

Cecelia
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love to escape into books at any time, but when there’s a lot going on in the world and in my day-to-day life, that escape becomes more precious and important. Or, if an escape isn’t going to cut it, a book reminding me to savor beautiful everyday moments is even better. M.H. Clark and Madeline Kloepper’s picture book Tiny, Perfect Things encourages readers young and old to take a walk outside with a loved one, pay attention, and celebrate the act of discovery.

A girl and her grandfather take a
Cassie
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect. What a wonderful book that reminds us all of all the perfect things around us all the time...just like children do for us busy adults. Perfect for those days when they world feels full of less than perfect things.
Patricia Nozell
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful, intergenerational & multicultural new picture book, that shows what wonders await if we are open to seeing them.
Rainey
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great bedtime read last night.
Kristina Jean Lareau
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebook
Gorgeously detailed illustrations.
Mary Ann
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet story about noticing small things all around us
Ms Threlkeld
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Great for modeling small moments.
Vicki Carlson
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful book intended to help a child become aware of the wonders around them every day. Lovely colorful illustrations top it off. A perfect book to give to your child or grandchild.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
A girl and her grandfather search the world for tiny, perfect things. Together they find lots of small delights in the big world. The fold out pages where children can look for tiny, perfect things is especially fun.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A little girl explores around the town with her grownup, noticing small things (ie a spiderweb, bottle cab, the neighbors cat, etc). So cute to see how attentive the child is to the world around her, and the illustrations are lovely!
Tina Hoggatt
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely reverie of a walk shared by grandpa and granddaughter and the things they see. A celebration of observation, nature, family and community. A gate fold spread at the end offers the reader the pleasure of finding all the tiny, perfect things in one illustration. Like a fun pop quiz.
R. C.
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just picks up where toddler brains are and runs with it. Stopping on a walk to collect a hundred small treasures? Of course you are. My three- and one-year-olds also enjoyed the hunting through the illustrations to find the treasures that were mentioned in the text about the walk. This is one of those perfect books that fits childhood like a glove. Bonus-- my three-year-old now exclaims, "it's a tiny perfect thing!" when he sees all those interesting treasures, and it is charming AF.
Linda
"The world is filled with wonders, no matter where we go." Like this Grandpa, my husband used to take our first grandchild on walks, looking for and finding those "tiny, perfect things" and now I do this with my granddaughters. That grandson is now a senior in high school! So, you must know how much this book touched me as this grandfather takes his granddaughter out walking, looking and finding, the girl tells her mother upon returning home: "A leaf, a snail, a cat, some crows." In brief ...more
Cheriee Weichel
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A grandfather takes his granddaughter out for a walk to admire the world around them, especially the small things. I was so engaged looking at the richness of the world around them that It wasn't till they returned home that I noticed that the granddaughter is biracial.

I found the rhyming text problematic in areas, but it's a small quibble. It was the illustrations that blew me away in this book. I searched to see if I could find more about Madeline Klopper's artistic process. I haven't found
Michelle
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Love the illustrations, especially the scene in the house. Love the family. Love the idea. I like the end that encourages children to find tiny perfect things on the page.

I had a hard time with the switch to rhyming and inconsistent meter, although I am a fan of the slant rhymes.

I was also disappointed in the lack of tiny things. Birds and cats, neighbors, shadows of people, and the moon are not tiny.
Ashley Adkins
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick read with a few simple words used on each page - perfect for readers with short attention spans. The story is meaningful, especially now, during a time of hustle and bustle. This book serves as a good reminder to look at the beauty and perfection all around us and to appreciate the little things. The color of the illustrations reminded me of autumn and each page seemed to have several different types of medium in each picture.
Maree
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book is simple and lovely - the art perfectly suits the gently rhyming text. Each page has lots of details to revisit on future readings. One caveat: the fold out pages at the end will not hold up to a lot of handling by younger readers. I think parents and libraries alike would appreciate a boardbook version if the publisher offered it.
Pinky
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jeimy
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Besides reading, my other hobby is photography. I tend to prefer my macro lens, focusing on tiny features that I think many people don’t notice. This book is perfect for inspiring young readers to look closer at their everyday surroundings and discover the wonders hiding in plain sight.
StephanieNicole
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A simple story of finding all the tiny perfect things in life. The illustrations are beautiful with fun tiny perfect things to spot. The writing is sing song (perhaps there is a poetry term for this that I do not know) with rhyming.
Todd
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lushly illustrated, this book is about taking the time to notice the beauty that surrounds us. Its lyrical prose makes reading aloud a joy; I especially enjoyed the double fold-out page that encourages you to find tiny, perfect things!
Jess
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
January 2019 - oh, lovely. The concept is great - noticing and delighting in tiny, perfect things in the world around you. Ben started pointing out "tiny, beautiful things" afterward.
Nadine
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent to use to get children aware of close examination of nature. It's the perfect book to read before going on a walk outdoors.
Angela
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The world is full of wonders, no matter where we go."

Tiny, perfect book about being curious and enjoying the moment.
Jessica
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Is it odd that one of the tiny, perfect things that stood out to me with this book was the lettering? I really liked the style - and how it all fit into the story and illustrations.
KC
A beautifully illustrated story of discovering the beauty around us no matter how small.
Meg
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The kind of picture book that adults will love and that most kids will be underwhelmed by, I think. Adults will adore the small reminder to notice the "tiny, perfect things" around us; kids will wonder why that's any kind of a big deal because they're already doing it on the regular. ;)
Emily
Quite liked this beautiful picture book about stopping to look for the small, joyful things around you.

• Me And My Fear