Start by marking “Wolves of War” as Want to Read:
Wolves of War

Wolves of War

Killers of kings, destroyers of kingdoms. A fast-moving story of the great Viking army.

Leif Ormson is a Skald, a story-teller, renowned for his witty tales. His brother, Sigurd is a black-smith, making knives, scythes and horse-shoes. And magnificent weapons of war.

But one day, Ivar the Boneless, son of Ragnar Lothbrok, commands the brothers to make him a great sword.
Published April 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Wolves of War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolves of War

Paul Bennett
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Wolves of War, Mr. Lake has once again given us a tale of an intriguing time in Britain's history.  The Danes, under the leadership of Ivar the Boneless have come to Britain's shores; this time it's not a raid and run endeavor, this time they've come to stay. The story revolves around the quick witted brother of a renowned blacksmith; not your typical Viking warrior, and his unexpected rise in Ivar's retinue of advisers.  Buoyed by a host of wonderful characters, both fictional (Leif,Thorvald ...more
antony
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with a tight, riveting story that charges relentlessly from beginning to end.

I like a book that gets into it straight away and this author knows it is important to gain momentum without delay.

This is great historical fiction with interesting narrative and clearly defined characters. I really enjoyed reading it and I hope there's going to be more.

I love a good series and this author has proven he can crank out a consistently good story over a number of books.

It’s got some
Phillip V Rosser
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read as always from Martin Lake

Like all the other books from this author the storyline is so good that it keeps the reader captured not wanting to put the book down until finished. Looking forward to reading the next chapter in this story.
If you haven't read any of Martin Lakes other books I recommend that you do.
David L. Bleivik
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Despite a large group of characters, he does a nice job of developing his key characters. There is a great deal of action. It is a tad gruesome. The story is well thought out. It was good that the author did not over do his heroes. Their actions fit the story. Most of all. Was a well good story that moved quickly. If there is a sequel i will buy it.
Krista C
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!

Martin Lake does not disappoint. I didn’t want to put this book down. I enjoyed all of the characters, fictional and real. Thank you for another great read. I hope you’ll write another book about Lied and his adventures!
Jerry Mercer
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Story

This story provides some insight to the brutality and motivation of the people who settled Great Britain. It was an age of unwarranted cruelty and yet, many men had also a wealth of courage. The historic parts were of great interest.
Richard Knasel
Dec 31, 2018
Rudolph John Gorsky
Sep 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Hello, I'm Martin Lake. I've been writing fiction since the age of eleven when our inventive English teacher Mr Johnson asked us to imagine that we were a Guy on a Guy Fawkes bonfire. I discovered the thrill of words and character.

My favourite authors when I was young were historical novelists like Rosemary Sutcliff and Henry Treece and a galaxy of science fiction writers. Later on I discovered t