Start by marking “The Second Chance” as Want to Read:
The Second Chance

The Second Chance

(Alaskan Oil Barons #5)

USA TODAY bestselling author

She can't remember the last five years...

Or the man who says he's her husband.

Chuck Mikkelson knows Shana doesn't remember him...or that she wanted a divorce. But now she's back in his home, and he vows to save their union at all costs. This may be the only second chance he has to win back his wife. Will their rekindled passion be enough
Published November 6th 2018 by Harlequin Desire (first published October 18th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Second Chance

Start your review of The Second Chance
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Contemporary romance from Harlequin Desire. 5th of the Alaskan Oil Barons series. Can be read as a standalone romance but better as part of the series because of the inclusion of family members and an overall arc.

Shana and Chuck. They've been through so much. They have only been married five years, but no children after fertility treatments, three miscarriages and too much work on Chuck's plate has put the pressure on their marriage.
I didn't like Chuck initially because of his missed appointment
Caitlin Warrow
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I’ve loved the whole Alaskan Oil Barons series so far, but with every book this series just gets more and more interesting. I love how this was a book about amnesia. Shana lost 5 years of memory after blacking out and I found myself being excited to turn every page just to see how she was going to piece together the five years that she’d lost memory of. I can’t wait to see how the rest of the stories between the Mikkelson and Steele families play out.
Marcie Robinson
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“The Second Chance” by Catherine Mann continues the Alaskan Oil Barons saga and features Chuck and Shana Mikkelson.
Oh, the tropes in this book! Love on the rocks with a dash of amnesia. There is also a shout-out to a previous series written by this author (very cool, Ms. Mann, very cool).

Shana is done with her husband’s workaholic ways and wants him out of the house. During their argument, she suffers an aneurysm and the last five years of her life are gone. Which means—she has no idea Chuck is
Toni
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it

The Alaskan Oil Barons continue in The Second Chance by Catherine Mann. This series is dramatic and sweeping and such a pleasure. If you enjoy Dynasty or Dallas, or any other sweeping family drama, this is definitely a series for you. This installment brings us Chuck and Shana’s story. Of all the Mikkelson’s he’s been the most remote in the previous installments. This changes all of that. You will enjoy getting to know him better, even as you are drawn into the world of the Alaska Oil Barons.

I v
Traci Westling
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to read this advanced copy in exchange for a completely honest review . Chuck & Shanas story is one that I eagerly awaited. While a part of a series , its a fantastic stand alone & I’ll admit it WAY exceeded my expectations. The best way to describe their marriage & this particular story outcome is “ HEARTBREAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL “ . I’ll also add that while I have no experience with amnesia, I’d say that Cathy managed to completely authenticate a very smooth believable recove ...more
Mary
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good read in this series by Catherine Mann. It is the fifth book of the Alaska Oil Barons and although not my favorite I really enjoyed reading about Chuck and Shana. Recommended for romance fans.
Pam Hamblin
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it from beginning to end! I've read other stories with amnesia but this story I enjoyed. She didn't remember things until near the end so you got into the story easily wondering when she would remember. I like the follow up from the past stories and the start of the next one. I'm interested in finding out if the presumed dead daughter is really alive. I enjoyed Chuck a lot!
Rebeccastump
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it
yessenia
2 stars

I think marriage problems plot is not my cup of tea. I ended up stressed and frustrated after reading this. The whole book is about her distrust and his workaholic ways...sigh. But magically, in the last chapter they fix the main problems in their relationship. I stressed for nothing. What I didn't like very much either was the subplot with Aiden & Alayna. I know is the preparation for future books but nowadays I can't bear teen drama.
Wioletta
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shana and Chuck have been married for a while. Chuck is a workaholic and Shana is done with him and wants him out of the house. While arguing with him she suffers aneurysm. When she wakes up, she doesn't remember last five years of her life....from the moment she meet Chuck. Would this help him to save their marriage? Great book.
Cindy Hamilton
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Second Chance by Catherine Mann is a story of a workaholic husband Chuck who realizes he blew his marriage by working too much and taking his wife Shana for granted but gets a second chance to redeem himself when his wife get amnesia and doesn't remember the past 5 years and wanting a divorce. Read Chuck and Shana's story to see if they reach the HEA, I am sure you will not be disappointed
Dorothy Lewis-Jones
#5 The Second Chance

Having read the first four books I am beginning to come to
the that these books could have been combined to form one novel. While the books are good time wasted they are as interesting in the short single books.
Veda
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Feuding families, memory loss, what could be better. And set in Alaska.
Celia
Nov 06, 2018
Denise Polanco
Lesley
Nov 16, 2018
Harlequin Desire:...: The Second Chance by Catherine Mann 1 1 Oct 31, 2018 08:34AM

• Million Dollar Baby
  • His Until Midnight (Texas Cattleman’s Club: Bachelor Auction, #4)
  • A Texan for Christmas (Billionaires and Babies)
  • The Rival's Heir (Billionaires and Babies Book 2630)
  • A Christmas Temptation (The Eden Empire, #1)
  • Most Eligible Texan
  • Want Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #5)
  • Lone Star Reunion
  • Best Friends, Secret Lovers (The Bachelor Pact)
  • A Christmas Proposition
  • Bombshell for the Boss
  • Blame It On Christmas
  • The Rancher's Bargain (Texas Cattleman’s Club: Bachelor Auction, #5)
  • Stranger in His Bed (The Masters of Texas)
  • Runaway Temptation (Texas Cattleman's Club: Bachelor Auction #1)
  • Seduction on His Terms
  • Need Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #6)
  • Friendship on Fire
USA Today bestseller Catherine Mann and RITA Award winner, Catherine writes contemporary romance for Berkley, Harlequin, Sourcebooks and Tule. With over sixty books released in more than twenty countries, she has also celebrated six RITA finals, an RT Reviewer’s Award finalist, three Maggie Award of Excellence finals and a Bookseller’s Best win. A former theater school director and university inst ...more

Alaskan Oil Barons (8 books)
  • The Baby Claim (Alaskan Oil Barons, #1)
  • The Double Deal
  • The Love Child
  • The Twin Birthright
  • The Rancher's Seduction: A Billionaire Boss Workplace Romance (Alaskan Oil Barons Book 6)
  • The Billionaire Renegade (Alaskan Oil Barons Book 7)
  • The Secret Twin (Alaskan Oil Barons Book 8)