Start by marking “Want Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #5)” as Want to Read:
Want Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #5)

Want Me, Cowboy

(Copper Ridge: Desire #5)

Her rancher boss is looking for the perfect wife...and she wants the job!

Poppy Sinclair kept her feelings for Isaiah Grayson secret for a decade. When her infuriatingly gorgeous Stetson-wearing boss enlists her help in finding him a convenient wife, she threatens to quit. Until Isaiah counters with an interesting proposal: Why doesn't she marry him? Can she say yes to shar
Mass Market Paperback, 217 pages
Published November 6th 2018 by Harlequin Desire

To ask other readers questions about Want Me, Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Want Me, Cowboy

♥Rachel♥
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Poppy has been in love with her boss for ten years and the guy doesn’t realize it! I could forgive this to a point because it’s clear from the beginning that Isaiah, while being a brilliant business man is socially clueless. Isaiah’s on the spectrum in some way even if it’s not officially stated that he is, all around him acknowledge that he’s not the average male when it comes to feelings or social interactions. So being around Poppy and not realizing that she loves him or even looking
Geri Reads
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
I loved Poppy.

Poppy deserved a better man than Isiah.

But the heart wants what it wants.

Still.

I didn't like Isiah at all.

And again with the whole "my ex did me dirty so I will now act like an ass to the whole female population" as motivation.

Like ok, dude. Time to grow up.

Which makes me mad all over again 'cause HE DOESN'T DESERVE POPPY!

Also, I really wish heroes who are clueless for 10 years should do the proportional amount of grovel. Like is that really hard to ask?

The end.

An ARC was provided
*Dee's books!
Sassy, heroine, Poppy Sinclair's rancher boss, Isaiah Grayson wants a wife and in several ways she wants HIM but she get jealous when she's assigned the role of selecting the perfect blonde wife for him. lol, Poppy is far from a blonde among others things.

WIFE WANTED

"Rich rancher, not given to socializing. Wants a wife who will not try to change me. Must be tolerant of moods, reported lack of sensitivity and the tendency to take off for a few days’ time in the mountains. Will expect meals coo
Stacee
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don’t think I even read the synopsis of a Maisey Yates book any more. I just see her name and I’m in.

I really liked Poppy and Isaiah. She’s sassy and he’s gruff and in their working together for 10 years, have forged a friendship. Oh, and their chemistry? It’s off the charts. There were a few scenes with the family, but this is mostly all Poppy and Isaiah.

Plot wise, it was good. The shortened story didn’t feel rushed and the bursts of drama were quickly resolved. I really enjoyed reading the
Tina
Quick little read that gave me a bit of mental deja vu because I just read anther book, More Than Crave You, that had the same basic plot as this one:

Hunky billionaire who has some difficulty connecting emotionally decides he needs a wife to make his life easier. Decides to advertise for one. His trusty personal assistant (who also happens to be black*) who has been with him for years has been secretly and unrequitedly in love with him for years. She is the one who submits the ad and is tasked w
Kay (aka) Miss Bates
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I started reading Yates’s upteenth Copper Ridge novel, Want Me, Cowboy, I thought of abandoning it because it was too much like Helm’s A True Cowboy Christmas. In both cases, hero and heroine have known each other for years and SUDDENLY the hero decides he wants to be married and SUDDENLY notices the heroine’s appropriateness for the starring role of wife and mother in his soon-to-be neatly arranged life. The heroes think everything will be emotionally tidy, calm, organized: he and the hero ...more
Adele Buck
Sep 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
I usually like Maisey Yates books. This one, no. The hero was basically a bully. He repeatedly ignored the word "no" (and no, it doesn't make it better that she was conflicted and wanted him. He doesn't know her better than she knows herself. "No" is a complete sentence and needs to be respected).

(view spoiler)

This is not okay. It's not made okay because he confesses la
Aly
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75

Brilliant with numbers but not so much with people, seeing his brothers get married gave Isaiah Grayson the idea to do the same. The ad at the beginning that the hero wrote to find a wife will make you understand right away that Isaiah is not a man like the others. I must say though, I'm glad I knew before reading the book that he's autistic or else I would probably had a harder time understanding his reactions and might have seen him as not very kind. His assistant is the one who have to i
Maria Rose
Want Me, Cowboy by Maisey Yates is a sexy and enjoyable modern marriage of convenience romance set in the author’s familiar ranching world of Copper Ridge, Oregon.

Poppy Sinclair has been working for her methodical and introverted boss Isaiah Greyson for several years now and they make an efficient team. She’s had a crush on him since he first dated her foster sister, a relationship that ended in disaster and caused Isaiah to close off his heart to new partners, preferring casual hookups instead.
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting 11/6/18)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2LSGHW9

Cowboys and Christmas! Yall know that's my catnip. Want Me, Cowboy was delightful!

The Gist: Poppy and Isaiah have worked together for 10 years. And suddenly her boss decides he needs a wife and tasks her with putting an ad in the paper and...finding him one. Seeing she's been in love with him for a decade and wants to fill that position herself, well, yes, she's a spot fit to be tied.

These two were int
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my second Maisey Yates novel, and I am officially impressed. I loved this book. It was a quick, one-sitting read for me packed with three-dimensional characters, emotional depth, and sexy romance. Oh, did I mention that it’s a billionaire, cowboy, Christmas romance novel? Talk about checking all the fun subgenre boxes! Poppy has been in love with her boss, Isaiah for ten years when he tells her to put an ad in the paper for a wife. This is the last straw, she quits, and Isaiah proposes ...more
Steph's Romance Book Talk
I enjoyed this book by a new to me author. It was sweet, funny, and complicated, just how I like my contemporary romances.

Working as a one handed typer (lately) to see my full review and thoughts about this book check out my #contemporaryathon vlogs, #contemporaryathon wrap-up, Septempber 2018 wrap-up, or check out Read Bliss Interracial Couples Book Recommendation videos.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Rom Book Talk.
Donna Repsher
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Want Me, Cowboy is the fifth novel in Maisey Yates' Copper Ridge: Desire series for Harlequin, and, for a number of reasons, which I'll get to, I almost cannot believe that I'm giving it a 3-star rating, instead of the much more frequent 4 or 5 star ratings I've given every other much loved novel in Maisey Yates' Copper Ridge series that I've read and reviewed, but 3 stars is the best I can do in this case.

My first issue is the title. I understand that the format for the titles in this series al
Jhonatas Nilson
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Maisey Yates is one of my favourite authors of all times but this book was not for me.

I started loving it. The trope of friends-to-lovers is adorable and when it is well worked, it results in a great romance. Yates always writes about it and does it well, but "Want me, cowboy" didn't made me happy.

The problem here, for me at least, is Isaiah. He just thinks he is usually right and when he decides he wants something, he just push and push until he gets it.

That's why I just didn't believe in this
Jenny
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to love this. The cover alone is worth 5 stars, if only the story lived up to it.

This is an unrequited love story (again) between Poppy and her boss Isaiah. He asks her to marry him as a convenience because he's ready to be married.

She took a lot of emotional hits from Isaiah and I didn't feel he was worthy of her. For once, I'd like to see the heroine walk away for a while and live their own lives. Ten years is a long time to sit on the sidelines.

It seemed as the author was d
Aneesah
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I found this surprisingly steamy for a serial romance. I may have to check out more by this author. I was a little disappointed that for it to be an interracial romance (at least I THINK the heroine looks black on the cover), there really isn’t any mention of her being black at all. That shouldn’t be a big deal but it just seemed kind of odd. Like the idea to make them a mixed-race couple was an afterthought.
Char (1RadReader59)
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This eye-opening short of how we as humans can dig in and believe what we talk ourselves into. In order to not face the world head-on while feeling the emotions.
As in Isaiah Grayson’s case. All his life he has had a hard time processing info quickly. Which freezes him to the bones. So, instead of requiring him to work through it he was allowed to avoid it all throughout his life. Better yet, there were siblings to buff the road for you.
Therefore, his inability to work out his emotional embarr
Marlene
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Originally published at Reading Reality

As much as I usually love this author, this particular book reminded me why I generally leave the category romance reviews in the hands of my friend and (not nearly frequent enough) guest reviewer Amy Daltry. (She loved Hold Me, Cowboy, a previous book in this very series)

Because as much as I usually love this author, this particular book made me want to throw it against the wall. I don’t have this reaction often because my iPad is just too damn expensive t
Books and Spoons
Want Me, Cowboy floored me in the best possible way and I wanted to start reading it AGAIN right after I finished it.
Poppy and Isaiah, as characters, were endearing and lovable, with their smarts, intelligence, and ability to shine within their professions they impressed me, but it was the brokenness, the vulnerabilities, and aches in their souls, the fear of losing control and getting hurt, that made both of them so attractive, so appealing, so easy to relate to.
They have known each other for
AnnMarie
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Want Me, Cowboy is the fifth book in the Copper Ridge: Desire series (Mills & Boon Desire)by Maisey Yates.

This is only the second book I have read by this author, and I am pleased to say that I enjoyed it as much as the first one I recently read.

It's a quick sexy read about Isaiah Grayson, a successful businessman, hurt in love before but realising it's time to marry and have children. He doesn't want love, he just wants a woman agreeing to accept a marriage of convenience, no emotions invol
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc-love
While the premise and main characters of Want Me, Cowboy reminded me a lot of Shayla Black's More Than Crave You (a white male lead who has an aversion towards socializing decides he wants a wife, has his female African American assistant fill out a personal ad to that effect as well as tasking her with vetting the applicants, meanwhile she's secretly been in love with him and he gets the bright idea that she is in fact the perfect candidate for wifey but refuses to invest himself emotionally) s ...more
Jane
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: maisey-yates
Isaiah Grayson is not like other men. To him everything is black or white. There is no gray. He is a numbers person and works in the family business. He has been hurt badly in the past. He feels he was made a fool of. He cannot understand how he didn't see the signs or see it coming. Because of that his heart is closed...permanently in his eyes. He has been described as a robot which is none too flattering. He will even admit he is an a##hole All of this baggage and he is an extremely handsome m ...more
Alexandra
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poppy has always had feelings for Isaish, but has never said anything as he is her boss. Now he wants her to put up an advert in the paper for a wife. Then he wants her to interview the women for him.
It's too much for Poppy so she announces she is quitting. While arguing with each other Isaiah realizes he needs a wife just like Poppy. She is stunned when he suggests she is his wife. Isaish has so many issues, he uses the excuse that he isn't like other people, then tramples all over Poppy's feel
Lindsay Mcneal
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
After working for Isaiah Greyson for ten years, Poppy is giving the task of finding him a wife. Only probably is if it a job she wants for herself. Isaiah has watched his brothers both settle down and get married. Although he has issues with emotional queues and reading people, he knows he doesn’t want to be alone forever. To him it makes sense to follow Joshua’s lead and put out an add, also to make the marriage more of a business deal.

I really liked this story. It was a quick read, I finished
Emily
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Amazing book from Maisey. Great Caracters. I don't want the book to end.
Silvia
I usually love Maisey Yates books, but I knew early on that this one was going to make me want to throw my tablet at the wall. First, when the part owner of a construction company in small-town Oregon is described as a billionaire. Laughing so hard. Can you imagine a multi-billion dollar construction company being run by about 4 people? Me neither. Try thousands. Then there's the fact that Poppy (could there be a more WASP name) is not white, and no one (including the author) seems to notice. In ...more
Nate Brightman
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
The most unique thing about Maisey Yates Want Me Cowboy is the fact that its an inter-racial love affair and race never becomes a factor in the story. Ah, if life could be so uncomplicated. Poppy Sinclair our heroine is African American. The only reason we know that is because early in the story her skin tone is described as mahogany in color and there are a few other instances where her dark skin is mentioned. Even her name, Poppy Sinclair sounds about as WASP as you can get. At any rate it was ...more
Sara
Dec 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Originally reviewed for Red Hot Books

I like to think of myself as a pretty discerning Romance reader; I know what I like, I know what I don’t like, and I know what I’m willing to try. At the moment, though, I’m feeling pretty bamboozled, a little hoodwinked, and kind of annoyed.

I like the concept of Maisey Yates’ third Cooper Ridge book, Want Me, Cowboy and I assumed I’d really like the book. Maisey Yates writes about Isaiah, a rugged, cowboy-esque, billionaire who wants to find a wife, but he’
Danielle
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mspraise50
I used to read Mills & Boons by the bucket load when I was younger. I decided to give this one a try and I was not disappointed. I enjoyed it, its a sweet romance.
Harlequin Desire:...: Want Me, Cowboy by Maisey Yates 1 4 Oct 31, 2018 08:37AM
  • His for Christmas (House of Trent, #1.5)
  • Wild Ride (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • Twelfth Night with the Earl (The Sutherland Sisters, #3)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Best Friend (Christmas in Coral Canyon, #1)
  • His By Christmas (Hamilton Sisters, #5)
  • The Irishman's Christmas Gamble (Wager of Hearts #2.5)
  • Christmas with the Laird (Christmas Around the World #3)
  • Christmas At Starlight (Snowy Ridge: A Love at Starlight, #0.5)
  • The SEAL's Second Chance (Alpha Ops, #3)
  • Countdown to Midnight (The Story Sisters, #2.5)
  • The Return (Sunnybell #2)
  • Claused (Christmas Bears #2)
  • Keep Me, Cowboy (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #3)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Bride (The McCall Brothers Book 4)
  • Cowboy Blue
  • Santa's on His Way
  • Saving the Sheriff (Three River Ranch, #3.5)
  • Cowboy Honor (Longhorn Canyon #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then

Copper Ridge: Desire (6 books)
  • Take Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire #1)
  • Hold Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #2)
  • Seduce Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #3)
  • Claim Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #4)
  • Need Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #6)