Start by marking “Risk” as Want to Read:
Risk

Risk

We never should've been anything more than roommates.

DREW: Life dealing me a hard blow is nothing new. What's one more sucker punch?

When my uncle offers me a job working at his MMA training center, I jump at the chance to turn my life around...not upside down and questioning everything I know about myself.

Light Heavyweight Champion Asher Ramsey is the definition of a ladi
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 271 pages
Published April 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risk

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I liked this one much better than Crow's first book. For one, the MCs have real names: Drew and Asher.

Other things that worked for me:

🔸 Slow burn; decent amount of steam and exploration

🔸 Enough background info on the guys that their actions felt believable

🔸 Dual POV

🔸 Fairly well rounded secondary characters; no villains or douchecanoes

🔸 Strong HEA

Things that bugged:

🔸 Relationship development happened in a vacuum in Asher's flat; love arrived like a freight train with no warning.

🔸 Drew's b
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

I've said it before and I am going to say it again; we need more MMA fighter books written in the MM genre. I love when I find one and love it even more when the story is as enjoyable as this one. I found out about this book on FB. It's a NTMA and one I will be on the look out for. I literally joined FB so I could follow all my favorite authors or authors of books I have enjoyed because they always have great recommendations and great deals I learn about faster there than I do in their n
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
This is the second book by this author that I have had the pleasure of reading. And, the second book that I have enjoyed immensely. I don't often get to read many M/M books (even though I love them), so this made for a nice change of pace for me. The writing was stellar. It was well paced. The plot was engaging and kept me turning the pages. It was told in a dual POV format. It features the gay for you trope. Last, it was all wrapped up in a very sweet happy for now endi
Cadiva
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good, solid sports romance with low angst

I liked this, my first from this author, and I liked the setting with a sport that doesn't get as much coverage as the other big four.

Both Asher and Drew were decently developed characters with unique voices and, while Drew was younger, I never felt like he was too young to know his own mind.

The "out for you"/bisexual awakening was handled well and more along the lines of Drew slowly realising he was attracted to Asher the more time he spent with the MMA
Elsa Bravante
May 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Muy flojo el plot, muy superficial el análisis de los personajes. Un libro muy amateur en mi opinión. Me gustó mucho más Scars.
.Lili.
May 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
MMA fighter and bisexual discovery- I was all in! BUUUUT sadly, it didn't measure up.

Risk by Baylin Crow is about a closeted MMA fighter, Asher, and down on his luck Drew. Drew recently started working at his uncle's gym where Asher trains. From the get-go, there was an immediate attraction between them- even for Drew who had never been attracted to men before.

Some positives:

-Asher and Drew were nice characters. There wasn't anything annoying about them.

-Dual POVs.

-Plesant secondary characters
Bev
Struggled to get into this one, and had no problems putting it down. I found the first half to be on the slow side with not much happening, but once they actually got together and things kicked up a notch I started to like it. I liked both Asher and Drew, they were so good for each other.
*~*~*Hyperion & Interabang*~*~*
SO much to say ... wait for it ... give me a few days to put thoughts together ... SO much to say!! Trust me, I won't be keeping quiet on this one; I'll be pimping this book from the rooftops!!!
This author did a SPECTACULAR job with this book; simply FANTASTIC!!!! I ADORED everything about it - and there was SO much to adore here <33333 [I'll elaborate very very soon]!!

In the meantime, amazing, amazing, amazing, AMAZING book <333333333!! Highly highly highly highly HIGHLY recommended!!! AL
haletostilinski
I really really enjoyed this one! It had me sucked in from the beginning and Drew and Asher had amazing chemistry.

They meet when Drew is desperate for a job and asks his Uncle Pete for a job at his MMA training facility and he meets Asher, an MMA fighter there who is in the closet and going on PR dates with women to squash rumors about his sexuality.

Seeing them go from strangers to friends to lovers was really fun, and it was believable too. I liked how the author took their time with these tw
Makhda
Bravo! Perfect! I really loved this one! I know it's insta love but it's actually slow burn at the same time. They didn't go all the way until it was 90% if I'm not mistaken. So there's a relationship development. I appreciate that a lot. And although the bisexuality being glossed over, I don't mind. I have a soft spot for GFY. It's one of my fantasy. Whatever floats my boat. It was such a guilty pleasure reading this book. I'm going to stalk you from now, Author. ;)
Eugenia
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, contemporary, sports
**A free copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

There was much I liked about this GFY, MMA book. But I was left wanting after finishing the story. Here we have a down and out Drew, seeking help from his uncle and getting a job at an MMA gym. Our other MC is Asher, a MMA champion and celebrity who is gay, but uses beards per the urging of his management.

Let’s start with the positive:
*I LOVE sports themed romanced and GFY/OFY trope. So this was up my alley.
Chris, the Dalek King
Asher Ramsey, MMA Champion, has been living in the closet for years. Determined to not wreck his career–and spurred on by his meddling PR manager–Asher has done everything in his power to keep his sex life as strictly hetro as possible. At least while there might be cameras about. He isn’t all that pleased with the lying but he doesn’t really see a way out that doesn’t tank his career. Which makes Drew just about the last thing he needs in his life. Because keeping his hands off Drew is quickly ...more
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
First time with this author for me.

At the beginning of the book I wasn't really invested in the story, the setting and Drew were unpleasant imo. But then, while I continued the reading, I begun to get drawn by the story and I started to like a lot the characters.
Smokin' hot MMA closeted fighter + gfy cutie... What else? I enjoyed the development between them, the steamy moments and their HEA.
The plot and the setting aren't very original, but that doesn't mean that the book isn't worth a shot.
In
Deanna Against Censorship
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hot

Good story with hot men. Enjoyed reading it. Liked Drew and Asher. They were hot 🔥. Would have liked a little more emotional depth but still a kept my attention. Insulin Crow is a new author for me. Will check more of Crow's books.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bgirls, mm, ebook

Review by The Blogger Girls.

Not sure what took me so long to get to this one, but I’m glad I finally did! I loved Asher. He was a badass dedicated MMA fighter working on defending his title. He is closeted and focused on his career, suffering through the many dates his agent sets up to uphold his image, being told time and again that to come out would ruin his career. That’s been the status quo until Drew comes into the picture.

Drew has not had it very easy. His father died when he was young, hi
Kendra T
Drew has had a rough upbringing and few years. He's been trying to get himself back on track after some ridiculous setbacks, and gets a job at his uncle's training facility. Asher is an MMA fighter who trains at the facility. Asher ends up helping Drew one night, they form a friendship, and they become roommates. Asher is gay but in the closet because of his fighting career, but Drew is and has always been straight. He is really struggling with the unexpected attraction he has for Asher, and doe ...more
Ivy
Full review at :

description

Drew is 23 years-old, but he had a rough start and tries his best to make a better life for himeself. He’s tired of surviving day to day like he has for the past few years. That’s why he asked his uncle Pete if he has a job for him at his training center.
Asher is 28 years-old, a Light Heavyweight champion, and a womanizer… at least that’s what the world thinks. Asher is gay and in the closet, coming out means the death o
Ami
Well, it's not bad --- just it's a bit too cliche for me. I've been reading in this genre for about a decade, and more than a hundred of MM titles each year, so I felt it was nothing new.

Maybe it would be more interesting for me, if Drew really IS a drug addict as well as a felon... then the struggle could be more emotional. BUT, I appreciate that despite the sort of instant attraction, both men didn't really act on the physical sex until a bit later.

Oh, and since Asher is said to be training S
Bati
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
W czasie majowego odpoczynku, na leżaczku pod drzewkiem sprawdziła się bardzo dobrze.
Denise
When Drew finds himself practically homeless and jobless, he turns to his uncle Pete to beg for a job at the training center he owns. Desperate for work, Drew accepts a job that is essentially janitorial and busy work. The training center is where he meets Asher, a MMA fighter training for an upcoming fight to defend his title. After a scandal rocked Asher's life, his management is determined to keep his sexual orientation a secret and sets up fake dates with women in the public eye. From their ...more
Melissa Rae
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh my gosh, if there is one thing I love its MMA fighting in the MM genre. And this book just ticked all my boxes.

Hot, but interesting characters: Check

Steamy sex: Check

A fun plot that kept me interested: Check

And finally, sweaty MMA fighting: Check (but I would not have minded more sweaty scenes.)

So, this story is about Drew, who after being fired from his job, goes to work for his uncle at his uncle's MMA training center. Here, he meets well known MMA fighter underweight, Ashton, a notorious
Amy Dufera
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am always excited to find a new MM book with athletes. This one held up to all my hopes and I loved it.

Drew is just trying to overcome his rough start in life and find a new job. His probation is over, but it's tough to find an employer who will give him a chance. He eventually goes to work for his uncle, who owns a boxing gym.

Asher is the big time boxer at the gym. And he's a known womanizer. Well, at least that's what the public thinks. In reality, he's gay and deeply in the closet at the
Jennie
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was interested in this book as soon as I’d read the blurb, despite this being from an unknown to me author. I thought the cover was great too.

We are introduced to Drew, who immediately took a small piece of my heart. I felt that he was a good guy who was down on his luck and just needed a chance. He gets a break from his Uncle Pete who is the owner of a gym/training centre.

Asher is a MMA fighter training to defend his title belt in a fight that’s about a month away. He’s also begin coerced by
mrs sarah frost
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First book by this Author and I loved it.
MMA fighter Asher Ramsey 28 is a womanizer so the whole world is lead to believe but really he's gay and firmly closeted. His PR Manager sets him up on dates with stunning women but all he wants is the love of a man. When he meets Drew Everley, the nephew of his trainer at the gym he blows his mind. He can't afford to get distracted he needs to claim his title at his up and coming fight!

Drew 22, has had a tough time first loosing his job then his room m
SoCalBookReviews
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
For a First book by a New Author, this book was Great. I really enjoyed it and was impressed by the story and writing. The premise and plot was well thought out and the storyline for these two guys and how their relationship with each other developed was perfect.
Gay MMA fighter Asher who wants to be out but is kept hidden in the closet by his PR people. Sweet and somewhat innocent younger guy Drew, who has had more than his fair share of crap thrown at him in life "isn't gay", but cant help but
Gwynn
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-2018
I received a free copy in return for an honest review.

This was a quick and easy read which had a high feel good vibe to me. The book was well written.
Although one of the MC's (Drew) had a hard past and had fallen unto tough times at the beginning on the books he was still positive and strong and despite his young age, he acted like an adult. In this genre, that is a plus.
Although this books has two POV's, the other being Asher, I barely got a sense of him. Which is a shame, because it's him bei
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
If you love to read about two people who are deeply attracted to each other dance around their feelings for each other, and deal with the whole prospect of coming out to the world, then you will love Risk by Baylin Crow! The emotions are deep, the love scenes very emotional, and the sex scalding hot! There is also quite a bit of angst in this story, but in a good way, it kept me reading for hours just to find out what was going to happen. If you enjoy contemporary MM romance, then you do not wan ...more
Lisa
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Asher, a MMA fighter cant admit to being gay so he dates girls set up by his agent.
Drew, working at his uncle's gym and straight or so he thinks.
By a series of events, Drew goes to stay with Asher and gradually begins to realize he is attracted to Asher and might be bi.
I enjoyed this story. Little angst. Only thing was we were told that Asher would suffer a negatice impact if he came out as gay, but when it finally happened there was little mention of anything.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, romance
This is a captivating slow burn story I couldn’t put down. I enjoyed seeing the relationship develop between the two main characters. The story is told from both character’s point of view, I think it works well for this story. This is the first book by this author I have read and it won’t be my last.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Bretton Coppedge
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpectedly amazing

There's nothing to not like about this book. It may just be a standard contemporary but the characters are really relatable and make you want to cheer for their love story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Bios are challenging. I don't have a clue how to write about myself. Fictional characters? Sure! Me? Not so much. It's the reason my author bio stayed practically blank until after I finished my second novel.

Who am I? Well, I guess I should start by telling you that I write MM romance and I love what I do.

I fell in love with writing during elementary school with my first "Bare Book" but honestly