Start by marking “No One Here Is Lonely” as Want to Read:
No One Here Is Lonely

No One Here Is Lonely

Our entire lives are online, but what if the boy you love actually lives there? For fans of Adam Silvera comes a story about the future of relationships.

Eden has always had two loves: her best friend, Lacey, and her crush, Will. And then, almost simultaneously, she loses them both. Will to a car accident and Lacey to the inevitable growing up and growing apart.

Devastated b
Published February 5th 2019 by Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about No One Here Is Lonely, please sign up.
Bre Leora
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of No One Here Is Lonely
Alice (MTB/Alice Tied The Bookish Knot)
DNF @ 3 hrs 40 mins of listening (approx chapter of DNF: 21)

This was one of my most interested in 2019 YA releases and after learning that my local library's audiobook service had the audio, I was keen to jump in and give the story a try. Almost straight away, I started to have a strong dislike for the cast of characters. Lacey in particular acted quite snarky and bitchy towards main character and her best friend Eden. That was not to say that Eden herself wasn't a nice person either. She sounde
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

NO ONE HERE IS LONELY was getting pretty bad reviews from other reviewers, but surprisingly, I actually thought it was okay. I can definitely see why some people wouldn't like it-- it's a strange book, and not a very happy one-- but I thought it did a good job showing what it can feel like to find yourself stagnating from social anxiety while also trying to deal with grief.

In this book, Eden, the heroine, is trying to get over the death
Emily
Dec 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
Well, this concept is screaming to me.
adela
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book title is a lie. A lie, I tell you. Because after reading this, I felt very lonely.

First, let's discuss the characters. I liked them all. Especially Will. Something I liked about this book was that I could really feel the grief and sadness Eden was feeling after Will's death. I'd be devastated too. Imagine this: You've been in love with a boy for so long, then suddenly he's gone. He's not coming back, and you didn't do anything. You didn't even try to make a move. Imagine the regret you
lexi ✨
May 01, 2020 rated it liked it
3-3.5

ok there’s a lot to unpack here.
i keep switching between 3 & 4 stars because a lot of the concepts reflect real life & i like that, but there’s also a lot going on & not everything is articulated in the absolute best way it can be. so i definitely get the overwhelming amount of 3 star reviews.

there is a loss of translation between the events/aspects the author wants readers to experience & the reality in the way they are translated through the writing style. i do feel a big disconnect towa
❤Marie Gentilcore
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, audiobook
This book was okay. I think I probably would have liked it more if I were still in middle school or maybe even high school. I picked it up because I liked the premise of being able to talk to a deceased friend who's essence is captured online but it wasn't so much about that as it was about a young girl heading off to college and needing to find herself. It had a good message.
Camden Johnson
Aug 16, 2020 rated it liked it

When I first picked up this book, I was struggling to get through it but once I focused all my attention on it I quickly breezed through it.

The story follows Eden who has lost someone she loved. After getting a mysterious number, she discovers that her loved one's voice is being used through a service which helps people grief by talking to their dead loved ones.

This plot was really intriguing and initially reminded me of Black Mirror. The story feels like a coming-of-age as Eden disco
Kimberley
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚⋆. · ⋆
This sounds so good aaaaa
Gerardine  Betancourt
May 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
Tory
Dec 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs, 2018, ya
BLECH. Let's take an episode of "Black Mirror" and castrate it by starring a whiny, pitiful, pathetic, sap of a character. Eden was downright detestable and I can't blame Lacey for trying to get out from under THAT wet blanket.

Best moment: "omg I got SoOoOOo drunk at a party by drinking tHrEe bEeRs and now I'm going to hurl my entire guts out but then somehow /still/ be hungover the next morning!" Yo that just ain't how any of this works, lightweight. And I was just waiting for her calls to Will
Patty (IheartYA)
Jul 03, 2019 marked it as abandoned
DNF, which is sad because I was really looking forward to this one. I got a few chapters in but the writing style wasn't appealing; it was bland and lackluster. The MC was already grating on my nerves as being codependent. This was just "too high school" for me.
Amaya Cooper
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Had to hold back the urge to cry in front of my co-workers... this was a very good read, and I feel like many high school students could relate to this.
Shyla M
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is probably my favorite book yet. I honestly really love it, it has a lot of relatable things, and kinda speaks to you. It feels like your in the book yourself. I wholeheartedly think that many people should read this book! It's really inspiring and most people can relate to it in some ways.
Jill Jemmett
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great story with a unique premise.

In this story, there is a service called In Good Company, where people can donate their voice so that loved ones can continue to speak to them after they have died. In one way, it would be nice to still speak to the person who you’ve lost, but at the same time, it isn’t actually the same as the person. It is a computer generated voice, so they do not have the same memories as the person.

So many parts of this story were heartbreaking. Eden had difficult
Book
Sep 03, 2018 added it
Shelves: 2018
Awesome premise, but there was a lot of other drama going on that maybe didn't need to be. I don't know. This was good but I wish it had been more gut-punching.
Jackie
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book, I consumed it in a day and I really felt for Eden. This story reminded me of a cross between the film Her and 13 Reasons Why. The concept of being able to have someone be “present” by just having a voice to talk to. While there is a lot going on, I found this story to be a great read and Eden was relatable.
Carol
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-vine, ya, 2019
Please read my review on Amazon. com under C. Wong. Thank you.
lou 🌿
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No One Here Is Lonely was so great! Sarah Everett came up with a really interesting idea and I didn’t see the twist coming.
Jess Sander
I don’t really know what rating to give this book
I connected with and could really relate to the main character I wanted to put my arms around her the whole time 🤗
Holly
Everett has such a lovely writing style. I could read anything she writes. This book isn't as good as her debut, but this book made me cry. Like a lot. The subject matter is thought-provoking and heart wrenching to read through. Definitely can't wait for Everett's next book.
Flavia
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had a very interesting experience with this book. When I first heard about it, I got the impression that this would be a contemporary YA novel with a hint of science fiction due to someone’s consciousness and voice being recorded into a computer. And while this was definitely the case, the atmosphere within the book itself was different from what I had imagined. Yes, it’s science fiction in a sense, but it’s so seamlessly woven into the story that it felt as if it was just contemporary as well ...more
Barbara
In an interesting projection of what life may be like in the future, this novel covers some familiar territory while also touching on all that may be new and strange when it comes to relationships. After her long-time crush, Will, dies right before graduation, Eden is devastated by the loss. She's also confused at the changes she sees in her best friend, Lacey, who is no longer available to talk to her and is hanging with a very different crowd. After she brings Will's jacket to his mother, the ...more
Cassie Mann
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This basically just took the concept of that one Black Mirror episode and turned it into a book. It was an interesting concept for a TV episode, but didn’t pan out to be the greatest book I’ve read. Characters are kind of annoying and plot was tired because I’ve already seen this before. That being said, it’s definitely not the worst thing I’ve ever read. Just kind of neither here nor there, hence the three stars. I probably wouldn’t go out of my way to recommend it, but it’s not the worst thing ...more
Cecily Kyle
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: unopart2
I really liked it but the overwhelming thing I felt was just sadness. The MC just had so much going on and it definitely got worse for her when domes truth bombs were dropped so I just was left kind of feeling sorry for her. I still liked the whole premise and honestly think it will be something one day offered.
Good, interesting read!
Rebeccah Marie
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was beautiful and heartbreaking, and I might’ve cried once or twice while reading it. I loved everything about it, from beginning to end.
Helen
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book about a month ago, so I don't quite recall my pure reaction anymore. I just remember knowing, at the very start of the book, that this one was going to break me emotionally. It's difficult to place into a genre, so I'll just say that it's a book about coping with loss and life transitions, with the addition of a futuristic technology that allows people to record themselves digitally and be assigned as Companions to anyone who's willing to pay. For a fee, anyone can sign up for a ...more
Maeghan K
Beware of some mild spoilers, I guess?

Reminiscent of the Black Mirror episode where the main character's partner dies, but by using their voice clips and providing access to their social media accounts, their partner's personality is uploaded to a new technology that allows the main character talk to their deceased loved one on the phone, and, eventually, in person as a sort of android. This book doesn't get as far as that Black Mirror episode, but it hits the same notes on a somewhat smaller sc
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• In the Key of Nira Ghani
  • The Field Guide to the North American Teenager
  • The Summer of Impossibilities
  • If You're Out There
  • Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)
  • A Danger to Herself and Others
  • Rayne & Delilah's Midnite Matinee
  • Symptoms of a Heartbreak
  • How to Make Friends with the Dark

News & Interviews

“A flustered-looking woman hurries after him, but he doesn’t stop. I turn around to watch, silently rooting the kid on. I want to crouch down beside him and tell him to use the tunnel, to keep flying through the dark while he’s still allowed. “When’s the last time we did that?” I ask Lacey when we reach my car, and she shrugs. Then I’m starting the car and tears prick the backs of my eyes and I hate that so many Lasts happen when you aren’t paying attention.” 1 likes
“But what if the only reason I ever do anything brave is because someone makes me?” 0 likes