Start by marking “Evidence of Desire (Courting Justice #2)” as Want to Read:
Evidence of Desire (Courting Justice #2)

Evidence of Desire

(Courting Justice #2)

A fast-paced contemporary romance that sizzles from the New York Times bestselling author of Order of Protection where passion for the law isn't the only thing heating up the courtroom.

Published January 8th 2019 by Berkley

Start your review of Evidence of Desire (Courting Justice #2)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
I've been eagerly anticipating the second book in the Courting Justice series. I really enjoyed the first installment and I was itching for more of these sexy lawyers. Unfortunately as much as I wanted to love this book, I just never connected to the story or the characters. At first, I was eager to turn the pages. And then somewhere around the 25% mark, it all began to lose sizzle for me and I began to get bored. The characters felt two-dimensional and held no spark for me. I couldn't feel any ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
LIVE AMAZON :https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

5 stars

I have to say that I enjoyed this one even more than the first book!From the first pages I find myself hooked!In my opinion it would be better if you read the first book before you read this one.

description

I loved the characters and especially David.He was exactly what I was looking for in a book boyfriend.Isla is also great and I really liked them together too.

This story has a little bit of everything I like, an intense romance , suspense and d
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
This was a pretty captivating story form the beginning to end. I loved Gabe and Isla but it was also Trey and Portia's story that had me riveted. You really feel like you get two love stories in one. Sadly, one ended in tragedy but it was still very beautiful. I almost wish we could get a book on Trey and Portia, that's how much their story intrigued me.

Due to the nature of what happens right in the beginning, we get a whole host of side characters and each one played a big role to the overall s
Geri Reads
Jan 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately, this book just didn't take. I tried to push myself to finish because I've enjoyed much of Ms. Blake's books in the past but this one felt flat and uninspired. I didn't feel that much chemistry between David and Isla either and the mystery didn't capture my attention.

DNF.

ARC provided by the publisher
Dianne
Lexi Blake has done a wonderful job of combining romance with a murder mystery filled with tentacles of suspense. Who murdered the beautiful socialite and dedicated wife? Was it her mentally unstable husband, a famous, former athlete suffering from debilitating illness caused by head trauma?

Isla Shayne, the Adams’s family personal lawyer and David Cormack, former football player, turned high-power defense attorney must piece together what really happened or an innocent man may go to jail. On th
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got lost in this riveting murder mystery/romance…

Okay, I may have been just a tad disappointed this wasn’t Noah’s story but if you read Order of Protection than I’m sure I’m not alone. I recovered quickly, how could I not, as Isla and David were quickly embroiled in a murder mystery that was personal from the start…

Oh, this story was amazing! Whether it was front page news or battles they were silently waging, the connection they had weathered one huge bump after another. Isla was a firecracke
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Great story with a nice twist at the end that was not expected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have read many of Lexi‘s books in the past several years so when I picked this one up I knew I was in store for a treat. But what I didn’t realize is how beautifully she can blend a romance with a suspenseful murder mystery.

This story has so many positive attributes. I love David’s character. He has a wonderful soul and is not afraid to show his feelings and support. Isla is also an amazing character.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

font-rend-4

A deliciously sexy suspenseful romance!!! Oh Lexi Blake, you have done it again with your latest release, Evidence of Desire. Without a doubt, this book is off the richter scales when it comes to heat, passion, intensity, and conflict of interest. With her strong bold characters, Blake pulls in her readers in with this story of David and Isla. With many layers and her intricate prose, Blake will have you totally smitten and blushing lik
Isla Shayne is the family lawyer for retired linebacker Trey Adams and his family, she's used to helping them with business deals or purchasing property but when Trey is accused of murdering his wife she is in completely over her head. She knows Trey is innocent but with the evidence stacking up against him she needs help and there is no criminal attorney she can trust more than David Cormack. As an ex player himself David has a unique perspective on the health issues that Trey is battling and h ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: missy
Good lord, give me a sec to get my heart back in rhythm after finishing up Evidence of Desire. Man, that was some suspenseful romantic suspense right there . . .

In trying to keep Trey Adams out of jail, Isla Shayne hires David Cormack, who’s known as one of the best defense attorney’s in the US. He’s ruthless and thorough and will fight to defend his clients at all costs. But he’s also one of the most amazing and handsome man Isla have ever met.

David’s desire is to just do his job. Work is his
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
Amazing freaking romance here!!! The main characters were my favorite part. David and Isla were a couple I loved reading about.

From the very first moment this story started, I was hooked on these characters. David with his confidence and swagger despite his fears for the future. Isla with her quiet strength and huge heart. They were so amazing as individuals and yet so perfect together.

The story itself was also great. There was mystery, danger, and oh so much romance. The relationship might ha
Shayna
“𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚, 𝙄𝙨𝙡𝙖? 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚? 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝙏𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪.”

It’s David’s turn for his happily ever after and OMG…it was PERFECTION! He was protective and demanding and oh so charming from the very start. Talk about a SWOONY ROMANCE, my friends! Isla Shayne was a pretty incredible heroine. She was strong and bold when she needed to be, but she also showed a vulnerable side and that spoke to the alpha side in o
Mridula Gupta
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A romantic suspense, 'Evidence of Desire' is a perfect mix of steamy romance, law stuff and chronic traumatic encephalopathy (which is an actual disease the atheletes suffer from).

Isla is an attorney. Her world is full of contracts and business negotiations. This is why she contacts David Cormack (a criminal defense attorney) when her client and formal football superstar- Trey Adams is charged with murdering his wife-Portia.

The spark between David and Isla is instant, and they pursue their mutua
Sherwood Smith
This book combines a sexy romance, a legal procedural drama, and a murder mystery in which the main suspect, a former pro football player, suffers from CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy) a degenerative brain disease mostly found in athletes.

I figured out who the murderer was from the gitgo, something I usually am clueless about. It was the introductory language that made me go hmmm, so instead of surprise, I had tension as the story unfolded and I waited to see if I was right.

The hero and h
Juliana
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time getting into this book and felt like I was missing vital information just because I didn't read the first book. I couldn't get invested in the main love story or who killed the wife. The love scenes were shmaltzy and cringe-worthy because of how cliche it was. I didn't even care who killed the wife by the end of the book. There was no tension in the climax either. Lexi Blake is not for me. ...more
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Evidence of Desire is book 2 in the Courting Justice series but it stands alone. I enjoyed this one much more than book 1-I thought David and Isla were more enjoyable and relatable characters for sure!

Isla is a lawyer to the stars-she helps them with things like wills, business deals, and real estate. When one of her clients is accused of murder, she knows she needs to bring in a great criminal defense attorney. Enter David Cormack from Garrison, Cormack, and Lawless. David is a former pro
Simply Love Book Reviews
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Take a romance, wrap it around a mystery, season it with adventure and serve it up with information about a disease few know anything about, and you have the delicious concoction that is Evidence of Desire.

While most of Lexi Blake’s books tend to center around people cobbling a family around them, this one deals more with keeping a family together in the face of major adversity.

Attorney Isla Shayne has lost her own family, but she considers Portia and Trey Adams’ family hers. When Portia is horr
Nadine Bookaholic
You can see this and other Reviews I have written along with various cover reveals, excerpts, and giveaways here Nadine's Obsessed with Books

Evidence of Desire is the second book in the Courting Justice Series, each book can be read as a standalone but you will find characters from each book run through the others this is because the series follows the men and women that work at a law firm. This is David's story.

David is a retired pro football player turned criminal defense attorney so when
Fantasy Land Romance Reader
This is my first book by Lexi Blake and I could not even finish it. I have no idea how anyone really could. I tried I really did, but this is not a book or an author for me. Sorry. I could not get into it.
sabah™
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Just when I think Ms. Blake can't move me any more, she breaks out a tear jerker with this latest book. I loved this story and within the first few minutes, I'm tearing up. This is a second in a spin off series and it is glorious. For those who are starting out with this book, it's recommended to read the first book to understand the backstory of a couple of secondary characters. Still, this book can be read as a standalone.

Moving through this law firm, David is up for his love story. I liked Da
Sandy S
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25--stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date January 8, 2019

Isla Shayne knows she's in over her head. As former all-star linebacker Trey Adams's personal lawyer, she's used to handling his business dealings and private financial matters, not murder charges. She needs to find an experienced criminal attorney who speaks her client's language. David Cormack of Garrison, Cormack and Lawless is exactly what she needs in the courtroom--and the only man she wants in the bedroom.

For David, taking on the Ada
Rebecca
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Evidence of Desire is the perfect title for the second book in Lexi Blake’s Courting Justice series because its implications to the plot as well as its characters involved in the court case center around an influx of overwhelming emotions - ones that can lead to both positive and negative outcomes for more people than just the accused.

The murder case that finds its way to former NFL player now criminal defense attorney, David Cormack, is one that could open old wounds and send him spiraling beca
Angie Elle
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
ARC from the publisher

Evidence of Desire is the second book in Lexi Blake’s Courting Justice series, and sadly, it fell apart here for me. I really enjoyed the series starter, Order of Protection, which was my first experience with this author; d I’ve been looking forward to this one ever since. I’m going to make this review short so I can move on with my reading life. For one thing, things that may have sparked my interest in the previous installment grated on my nerves here - name dropping cha
Julie
Shelves: arc
Every lawyer dreams of having the ‘perfect’ clients and creating a practice that anyone would envy. For Isla – clients bring a string of business deals, contracts, and in some cases they add a personal connection to her life. When football star Trey Adams is accused of murdering his wife, Isla knows that her familial connection to this family will hinder the ability to prove her client not guilty. Portia’s death wasn’t just about a robbery gone back, the crime scene hints at a hatred for the bel ...more
Grace
I was really into this all around! I really liked Isla and David as characters and their relationship, although I think the resolution at the end was just a little too fast on David’s part.

But I was also really into the plot here. There were a few things that could have been tightened up, but just overall, the way the case plot was centered around football and CTE and the issues of how football has handled concussions made this a unique story and one that really drew me in.

I also had a few “that
Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog)
"Over the course of one day, she'd come to view the big, gorgeous lawyer as something of a teddy bear. Could she call him an emotional support attorney and take him with her everywhere?"

The Courting Justice series was my introduction to the word wizardry of Lexi Blake and put her on auto-click status with me. She has blown my mind with her talent.

David won me over when he showed what a supportive best friend he was with Henry. He dropped everything and ran to help him when he called. Tha
Heather andrews
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found David to be very charming, “food and information. What more could a man ask for?” He said something to the driver and then followed her out." There are times David doesn't need alot of convincing, “I changed my mind.” He leaned over and picked her up. “We have time. I’ll make time.” He carried her to the shower..." I liked this book, I fell in love with David. ...more
Darcy
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was really hard not to get sucked into this one right away, lost of salacious happenings going on. A famous couple, one of them murdered, the other the could be killer, then there are their kids, are they totally innocent. Through it all we have a group of lawyers working for the famous family, trying to figure out what happened and who the real killer is. Of course being a Lexi Blake book there is romance along the way.

What I really liked about this one was that while the romance between Is
Christy
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
LOVED this book! This book was a contemporary romance, a legal procedural drama, and a murder mystery. The main characters of David and Isla really work. David is a criminal attorney and former professional football player. His client is suffering from CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy) a degenerative brain disease mostly found in athletes. Interacting with his client has an impact on David and colors his thoughts on the future he can have with Isla. Isla, also an attorney, works with David ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Prima regola: non innamorarsi
  • Heart of Gold (Callie/Grace/Walker Brothers/Moorehouse series, #1)
  • Scandal Never Sleeps (The Perfect Gentlemen, #1)
  • Big Easy Temptation (The Perfect Gentlemen, #3)
  • Carolina Man (Dare Island, #3)
  • The Truest Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #4)
  • С аромат на буря: Тервел
  • Back in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #9)
  • Single by Saturday (The Weekday Brides, #4)
  • Addicted to You (One Night of Passion #1)
  • Seduction in Session (The Perfect Gentlemen, #2)
  • Всичките ми ангели
  • One to Keep (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #3)
  • Found in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #5)
  • Riven Knight (Clifton Forge, #2)
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Stone Princess (Clifton Forge, #3)
See top shelves…
NY Times and USA Today bestselling author Lexi Blake lives in North Texas with her husband, three kids, and the laziest rescue dog in the world. She began writing at a young age, concentrating on plays and journalism. It wasn't until she started writing romance and urban fantasy that she found the stories of her heart. She likes to find humor in the strangest places and believes in happy endings n ...more

Courting Justice (2 books)
  • Order of Protection (Courting Justice #1)