Start by marking “Consort of Pain (The Witch's Consorts #3)” as Want to Read:
Consort of Pain (The Witch's Consorts #3)

Consort of Pain

(The Witch's Consorts #3)

I've overcome the odds to claim my magic and the five men I'm not supposed to love. Then, just when I think we've finally found peace, our lives are turned upside down by a life-shattering threat.

If our enemies succeed, we'll be dead by tomorrow. But they've never fought Rose Hallowell before. Even I haven't discovered the limits of my powers yet. I just wish I could be s
Published June 13th 2018 by Ink Spark Press

To ask other readers questions about Consort of Pain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consort of Pain

Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I know I say this with all of Eva’s series but I swear they get better with each book! I absolutely loved this one and loved that it didn’t end on a cliffhanger but I’m still dying to read the next one to see how it all ends! And can I just say I loved getting to meet Rose’s family from her Moms side! I loved her cousins and aunt! Can’t wait for book 4!!
Celeste
The only reason this book got less stars than the first is because apart from the fact that there's so much running around that character development suffers, most of the interactions between Rose and her men is sex. This isn't meant to be Fifty Shades of Grey is it? Because I hated that waste of paper.

Still I'm totally here for smart female main characters and all her super yummy men.
Rachel
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Note: I received and arc in exchange for an honest review and this doesn’t influence my opinion on it in anyway.

I love Eva Chase, she is such an amazing writer. Consort of Pain was an action-packed, fast-paced, amazingly witchy ride. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this book and I am a little surprised with myself, at how much I like the steamy action as well.

Consort of Pain pretty much picks up right where the previous book, Consort of Thorns, left off. Rose and they guys are in trouble, t
Emily
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I received an advance review copy from the author.

I know the book's already out, so this review isn't exactly 'in advance', but better late than never right? So we're back with Rose and her consorts for the third installment in the witch's consorts series as they continue to search for a way to unearth the injustice occurring in witching society. Eva Chase has once again delivered a well written and planned out book that excites, engages, and entertains the reader. There was less 'action' in ter
Denise
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book of the series and it is full of action and, well, sex. Lol. What else can you expect from a witch with four consists (plus one almost consort)? The witching community has an ugly hidden sect. A sect whose members don't see a problem with trapping witches into consort matches where the consort can force the witch into doing his bidding, and can cause her pain if she doesn't. A sect that has dark secrets that can't see the light of day.

Find out what happens as Rose and her b
Dharia Scarab
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
The first two books were better than the third installment.

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won't go out of my way to read more, But if I find another
Mandy Parmenter
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rose Hallowell has claimed her magic and has the 5 unsparked consorts she is not supposed to have and just hopes for a peaceful life. However everything is threatened by the Assembly – can Rose and her men escape them and find the kind of allies they need to have a safe, secure and peaceful future or will they forever be fighting? Can Rose find a balance of power where she doesn’t extract so much from her consorts that they become ill?

I loved this story - lots of twists, turns, excitement and dr
Jill
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, it keeps me on the edge of my seat the whole time I'm reading. Book 3 starts off right where 2 left off, Rose and her consorts have been taken by the Assembly. Now Rose needs to figure out a way to escape and protect her guys at the same time. Also, she needs to figure out why they want her so bad. In this book, she reconnects with her mothers family, gets even closer with her guys, and even figures out all the secrecy to the Assembly.....well, mostly. Can she defeat them or ...more
Kaye Mack
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps getting better! This is the best book in this series so far.

This books starts where the previous book ended - with the Witching Assembly arresting Rose and her guys.
There's not too much I can say without spoilers... What I can tell you is that I loved it, and was on the edge of my seat so-to-speak the whole book.

We see what happens with Rose and Gabe (as he's currently the only guy who isn't her consort); whether they may have some allies, and of course there are run-ins with
Bethyboo ღ The Book Addict ღ
I don't know what it is about this author but I've read 8 of her books and 7 of those only got two stars from me and yet I keep reading them. It's like all her books could be epic but all of them are missing something. So far this series is intriguing, but at the same time very boring and predictable. It's pretty much just fighting and then sex to replenish the used magic. I can't get this picture of Rose calling a time out in the middle of a battle to screw one of her guys to replenish her magi ...more
Teresa S
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rose, her four consorts, Kyler, Damon, Seth, and Jin, along with Gabriel (her hopefully-soon-to-be fifth consort), have been captured by The Assembly, or at least the part of the Assembly that wants to control a witch's powers. They manage to escape and go on the run. Along the way, Rose finds unexpected allies and the fight continues against The Assembly for their right to be together as witch and consorts. Full of magic and fast paced action, with a great plot and exceptional characters, loved ...more
Laura Cozicar
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don’t you just hate how life gets in the way of your reading especially when you have a really good book? That was my problem with this book! Every time I could grab a few minutes to read work would interfere! The story kept drawing me back again and again and I couldn’t wait to read the next page! Eva kept amping it up and the story kept getting better and better! And the ending??? I did not see that coming!! I can’t wait for the next book!

I was gifted an arc for an honest review!
Heather
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read this book, I finished it in a day and a half. I had to find out what happened to Rose and the boys after they had been attacked by the enforcers. The author did not disappoint. Lots of magic, suspense, and action followed. We readers finally find out who all the bad guys are and why they are after Rose, an old foe comes back, and possible new allies are introduced.
I'm so glad the series is continuing, I love Rose and her boys.
Shannon
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rose and her consorts are back and fighting for the right to live their lives in peace. It is an uphill battle, but they never give up and even find unexpected allies along the way. I love how the characters are all so different, but compliment each other perfectly. Together they are much more than they are separately. They are safe themselves now. But still have a long way to go to make things better for all witches and I can't wait to see how they manage it.
Theresa Wesley
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Consort of Pain is the 3rd book in this series. Rose and her consorts are on the run from the assembly. All they want is to be able to live life with each other. Rose is looking for evidence against a fraction of the assembly who are using young witches magic without their consent. There is a lot of action in this book. Rose has strong magic that the assembly needs but how far will they go to have her. I'm really looking forward to the next book.
Leslie Sanchez
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic culmination to this fast-paced magical series. Rose and her guys are really put through the wringer. Imprisoned, chased and attacked at every turn. They are on the run for their lives, with no help in sight. This book was so captivating and engrossing that I read non-stop until I finished. It starts out exciting and never slows down. Eva Chase knows how to tell a story that will keep you guessing until the end. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
madpharmd
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best so far in the series! Rose and her consorts are all becoming a tighter unit before our eyes. The drama and danger are amped up as the group is on the run. Is there anyone they can trust outside their own circle? Their strength, trust and love in one another is again put to the test in this awesome page turner! I couldn't put it down! Keep the excitement coming Eva!

I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving a review
Stephanie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man this series delves deeper and deeper and gets better and better! Be prepared to cancel your day so you can read this in one sitting. You won't want to put it down! Rose and her boys are still on the run and trying to find a solution so they can just be left alone! I was surprised at the direction the story took and the ending excites me for the next in the series!! Can. Not. Wait!!! 5 Stars isn't nearly enough!

I was gifted an ARC in return of an honest review.
Suez
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow .. Definitely Enjoyable!!
Book 3 and Eva Chase successfully continues to capture the readers attention by weaving such strong, believable, likeable and definitely some evil characters into this gripping story. I couldn't put it down!! Rose and her consorts find themselves fighting for their lives, mixed with a whole lot of crazy .... Don’t hesitate, plunge with them into a realm of magic, intrigue, betrayal, deception and sooo much danger. This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy
MB
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad

The writing like the rest of Eva Chase's books is done very well. Wht I noticed about this book is the pace of it. Unlike the first book, this one took a long time to really get going. It didnt seem to flow as well as I'm used to with Eva's books and I was surprised that I had to put it down multiple times. I did keep going and I am glad I did. The ending was as great and it got me excited to read book 4.
Ashley Bullock
Road trip adventures and Magic

After being arrested by the Assembly, Rose and her consorts have to escape and plan to out the faction of the Assembly after them and trapping witches in corrupt consorting. Rose has to protect her men from witching society and figure out why they are after her. And why the assembly is trapping witches; which is a twist that you won’t see coming. Can’t wait to see what happens next
Kokom1
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I struggled with reviewing this book. Loved books 1 and 2. I struggled through book 3. It was a bit exhausting. Overall I have given it 4 stars as it was well written, had great character development and great sexy time scenes but I had to take breaks. It was full on the whole way through without a breather. Not sure if I want to read book 4. Will wait for release and see how we go.
Karli
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Rose and her guys have a crazy exciting adventure! This book is another great one by Eva and kept me on my toes the whole time. There are huge revelations and secrets revealed and new characters introduced. This is such a great series and I love the relationship between Rose and the guys.
Margaux Espinosa
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Action Packed!!

Holy cow this was a great read! Rose and her consorts are in a heap of trouble and it take a lot of dodgey maneuvers, help from people along the way and a lot of luck and magic to get them through and their fight isn't over yet. I can't wait to read what happens next for these amazing characters!
Jenn
The plot thickens

You had to know there was a reason Rose’s father was trying their control her and her magic. Well, we find out. After awesome magical battles while her and her 5 guys are on the run. She meets some unexpected allies along the way and is now more determined than ever to save other witching women from being controlled.
Kai P
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is different from the other books I read. A unique kind, actually. And the sexy scenes? I’m impressed the author didn’t make foursome and fivesome too ‘lusty’. It revolves around affection and love instead of just being horny or just a plain orgy. And the story was interesting, no rush of events or too much detailed stuff of events.
Kerasia
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I like all the books in this series, but this third book is amazing. The plot is so intriguing you just cannot stop reading. This is a really enjoyable story with plenty of chemistry between the main characters and a lot of suspense. I truly hope Eva Chase is busy writing the next one. I received this ARC as a gift and I am voluntarily submitting this review,
Britan
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book.

This book was non stop action. I like rose, she is one smart cookie and is more then willing to do whatever it takes to protect herself and her men. There was no real downtime but I felt the guys were fleshed out. I'm excited for the next book in the series
Colette
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Once again the romance and relationships are a great fun read. I am interested in what happens, however the plot seems to move a bit slowly. I am looking forward to the next book because of new elements that are introduced at the end of this one.
vamsally
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Suspense continues

The action packed witch's consort series continues. As usual, lots of chemistry, heat, and suspense will keep you reading until the end. Should read the first few books in series, but it is a page turner. Thankfully this one does not in as a big cliffhanger as the other ones. Looking forward to the next one in the series.
Eva Chase lives in Canada with her family. She loves stories both swoony and supernatural, and strong women and the men who appreciate them. You can visit her online at www.evachase.com.

The Witch's Consorts (5 books)
  • Consort of Secrets (The Witch's Consorts #1)
  • Consort of Thorns (The Witch's Consorts #2)
  • Consort of Fire (The Witch's Consorts #4)
  • Consort of Light (The Witch's Consorts #5)