Start by marking “Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)” as Want to Read:
Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)

Trick Play

(Fake Boyfriend #2)

Matt:

Want to know the fastest way to get screwed out of a football career? Get photographed in a compromising position in a gay bar. Yep, welcome to my life.

My agent says he can fix my image. He wants me to become the poster boy for gay football players. Me? I just want back on the field. I’ll do anything to play for the NFL again, even pretend to have a steady boyfriend.
Published June 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Trick Play, please sign up.
Eden Finley Yes :) Talon and Miller will be book 4 of the series. Release and more details TBA :)

Start your review of Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
☆ Todd
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it

Awww, such a cute, fun story.

When this one starts out, Matt was an gruff, angry asshole, justifiably so, and Noah was a self-absorbed, rich kid, and the guys kind of hated one another.

For about 15 minutes.

Then, whether they liked it or not (spoiler: they did not), both of the guys began seeing that there was more to the other than first met the eye.

They understood one another, had more in common than either initially thought, and wanted to be there during the hard times -- even though th
Wendy
Gerelateerde afbeeldingGerelateerde afbeeldingGerelateerde afbeeldingGerelateerde afbeelding

I really enjoyed the first book int this series, "Fake Out" and I was very curious to see if this one would be just as entertaining. I am so glad to say that I loved this one even more. Matt was just wonderful and I think everyone should have a Noah in their lives ;)

For those of you who have read the first book, already know Matt and Noah. Now I think technically this book could be read as a stand alone....but...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor take my advice + gif

To fully enjoy the story, I would advice reading "Fake Out" first.

Matt, who's a famo
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

I really enjoyed this one. Matt and Noah were super sweet and hot together and had great chemistry.

We met both men in the previous book, Faking It. I really loved that book and I was happy to get some Damian and Maddox as well in this book. Maddox and Matt were college roommates and had a bit of a fling and Noah is one of Damian's best friends. They met at Noah's when he was having a party but really don't know each other all that well. But once these men are thrown together in a fake
Shile
Well! looks like i will be reading every single book that comes out in this series.

I loved this one too, even though it lacked the banter that was present in book 1.

MC1: Matt the NFL player, sweet, grumpy, gentle and a loving guy. I loved Matt from the beginning, he started out as broody, grumpy keep to himself type of guy and with the help of Noah came out of his shell and damn! did he shine.

description

MC2: Noah the politician son, sarcastic, and a**hole to his friends, which was just a pretense, no fil
Nazanin
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2018
4 Stars

Matt has to pretend is in a relationship with Noah (Thanks to Damon) to save his football image! Matt is football and he does everything to save his career, even fake a relationship! Noah has a carefree attitude and he’s confident. And he is exactly what Matt needed in his life. But there is a teeny-tiny problem! Noah’s relationship phobia, thanks to...!

The second half was better than the first! I liked both characters, especially when Noah’s mouth spoke without his brain’s permission! Th
mwana
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The premise behind this book isn't a novelty.

Matt has just recently been outed by a strategically taken photograph in an unstrategic tryst. So as to stop the media bloodbath that hounds him and his career, Matt's agent decides to get him a fake boyfriend so as to 'clean up' his image.

Noah is a trust fund brat who has a senator for a father and jumps at the chance for the charade so as to annoy his father.

The two start out with a lot of friction and A WHOLE LOT OF CHEMISTRY.

Noah is one of my favo
chan ☆
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
ok i'm not going to lie to you, when i started this book and up until about the 40% mark I was looking like this:

description

but then... something changed??? the feelings really snuck the fuck up on me and then I was like:

description

so this book picks up where the last book leaves off and we're thrown into the lovely faux relationship of matt and noah. noah is our lovable relationship- phobic mixed guy & matt is our long time closeted NFL player who was publicly outed.

to be honest i had a hard time connecting to th
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Cute, cute, cute. This was a very good follow up! As a fan of the fake relationship setup, well, I welcome a series that focuses just on that. This series is doing it just about right. This book left me feeling pretty much the same way the first book did and that is a good thing. There is nothing wrong with this formula honestly. It was a little bit bumpy getting started and then mostly predictable with this sort of setup but not at all bad. Fun comes to mind.

I thought Matt was going to get on
Lorraine Lesar
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Snuggey time!
I curled up yesterday afternoon and just enjoyed prickly Noah and I-just-wanna-play-football Matt.
It wasn’t all just fun, we had a bit of Mantrum Time and then a bit of Twatsicle Time, of course followed on with Cumdumpster Time 😉. But gotta say, Noah’s dad gave my middle finger an erection, he can certainly go-do one!
Loved the banter! Now I want Talon’s story.

Christelle
**2.5 stars**

Reading Fake Out had been a delight for me, so I went full on with this one, a stand-alone in the “fake boyfriend” series. As you can guess, the trope is about fake boyfriends and this time it’s between Matt, a football player that has just been outed in the tabloids and Noah, wealthy, indolent and commitment-phobe.

It’s only around 60% of the story that I began to get interested but even then, I was disturbed by the pace of the story. I felt that for each long term issue the charac
DarienMoya
4.5

I loved this one more than the first book. I’m always interested to see how authors handle a sports romance when someone is outed and their life seems to be falling apart. I liked this idea of presenting a fake boyfriend and creating a fake persona for the press and public.

Matt and Noah are so hot 🥵 together and all that chemistry I felt it in my bones. Whew Chile the heat....

The Narration: 5 Pants Off

Alexander Cendese is my #2. I will be listening to all his things even the M/F things becau
Erth
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a bit of romance well written characters you sympathise, and care are likeable. It is given depth and not rushed which makes it even more enjoyable. The term “old money” is quite amusing from an English perspective as we speak in hundreds of years they see it as going back 80 years. One thing is common there clearly must be just as many gay or bi players in American Football just as normal football (not being narrow minded but no plays American football outside of America) yet to this da ...more
tappkalina
Aug 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt-read, 3-star
I read the first two books in one day, idk want that says about me.
Cadiva
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another hit from Eden Finley in this series all focused on the fake boyfriend trope.

This one worked even better for me than the first one, which I also really enjoyed, as I absolutely loved both characters.

Noah was all prickly and unwilling to trust anyone, perfectly understandable when you find out what happened when he was young and impressionable. Matt was a reluctant figure under the spotlight, outed and dumped by his team.

But they were fabulous together, the banter was on form and prickly N
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.25 Stars***

There's something so easy about Eden Finley's writing. I instantly fall in love with her characters and I'm all in on their journey.

Here we continue the fake relationship trope with Matt, the newly outed football player who lives and breathes the game and Noah, the carefree trust fund baby set up to pose as his boyfriend to give Matt a more wholesome image.

But both guys get so much more than they bargained for.

I love how easily Matt and Noah fit together. They found a comfort
Chris
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
I enjoyed this way more than I thought and actually went without sleep to finish it in one hit ! It was sweet, cute and made me smile. What begins as a set up, concludes as something beautiful. Noah & Matt both had issues and really hid their true feelings to everyone... slowly but surely, these emotions rose to the top ❤️ ...more
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Cute*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The book centers around football player, Matt Jackson (23) and the most arrogant, entitled rich guy in the world and Matt's pretend boyfriend, Noah Huntington III (26). Matt gets publicly outed and it ruined his career. In the hopes of saving it, Noah does his friend - and Matt's agent -, Damon Isaac King a favor by acting as Matt's boyfriend. It also doesn't help that he is sorta giving his father a big fuck you by doing so.
I don’t want to admit to myself what I’v
Hollis
I honestly don't have much to say about this one that I didn't already say about book one. Sure, this is a different couple, different circumstances, but in TRICK PLAY the background noise was definitely easier to bear. But the ensemble cast is growing as befits a long-ish series and I'm having fun with the new, and recurring, characters. It's fairly low angst, though definitely enough to offer some substance and stakes to the romance, it's sexy, and there's banter to keep things light and fun. ...more
Bev
I love me a good enemies to lovers story and Trick Play was GOOD! Eden Finley writes brilliant banter, there's no doubt about it, Noah and Matt were on form.

“Told you to jerk it,” I say quietly out the side of my mouth.

These two had me in stitches at times, they bickered like an old married couple before they were even a couple.

Both men had issues - Noah and his trust issues (which got a bit old at times) and Matt with being forced to out of the closet and thrust straight into the limelight whi
Fabi

I didn't hate it, but it wasn't really good for me either.

***Spoiler(ish) Review Follows***

***

The first 30% is all very business like, transactional. I didn't feel the heat. It was all sex sex and more sex without any real connection.

The relationship develops in the middle. But I'm still not feeling their connection. It's still very focused on sex. I needed to see them laughing, talking, cooking or doing just about anything together other than sex. Enjoying each other's comp
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

I reaaaally loved Fake Out and I just didn't think this one packed quite the punch that one did. I enjoyed the banter more in Fake Out.

I found Noah a bit hard to like. And while he did grow on me the last 25% or so of the book he was still a bit of a douche.

I liked Matt though, and especially the introduction of Jet. I hope he gets a book eventually.

Overall, still a good read just not as good as Fake Out (book 1).
Sanaa
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2018, arc
4.25 stars.

Free cruise, he said. Pretend to be Matt Jackson's boyfriend, he said. It'll be fun, he said. You know what he didn't say? That Matt Jackson is a miserable asshole.

Trick Play was exactly the type of book I've been looking to read. Eden Filney killed it with the first book Fake Out which I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed a tad bit more than this one. So I was really excited when she said she was releasing this book about Noah & Matt. It made the book nerd in me very happy.

Fake
Trio
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eden Finley's stories are always fun and Trick Play is a good one. Humor and a tiny touch of angst, family drama, and super-charged chemistry between the MCs. Loved it.
Anyta Sunday
A fun, easy-to-read romance--very much what I like!

Cute and funny moments? Absolutely.
Hot sex? Hell yeah.
Likeable characters? Well. Sort of. Except I kinda ached for Aron and it was hard for me to get past the way he was so casually brushed aside. Ouchy.

Will I read more in the series anyway? You bet.

Elsbeth
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Loved this more that the first installment. Matt and Noah were very sweet. Everything was done right in this book!! I'm looking forward to more sequels in this series!
Susan
Oct 28, 2018 marked it as dnf
DNF at 15%

I've been struggling with this audio from the start. I don't like the voices both narrators chose for Matt and Noah and that makes it hard to enjoy.

If I had liked the story I would have kept listening but I didn't like the story or the characters one bit. Too bad, because I really liked the first book. But while Maddox and Damon were fun together, Matt just acts angry all the time and Noah was way too cocky. There was hardly any sincere emotion between them, so I got tired of this real
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
*only because I enjoyed Fake Out a bit more*

Eden Finley books give me the same gooey feels as my favorite rom-coms: heart happy and lazy. Trick Play did not disappoint. The fake relationship trope is one of my favorites. Something about characters pretending they’re in love, while thinking they can keep it casual and only about sex, until WHOOPS they realize they’re so wrong makes me ridiculously giddy. I honestly didn’t know how Eden (first name only, like we’re friends) was going t
Eugenia
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved it!!

Fun, fun, fun read. I did want to smack the MCs around quite often and make them SPEAK, but since the lack of communication was at the heart of what kept these two men separated, I figured it would have ruined the plot if they just TALKED OPENLY.

This could be considered an enemies to lovers. Or enemies to fake boyfriends to lovers book. It had great sex, it was flirty. There was fantastic chemistry between Matt and Noah, and great banter!

I wish it had been written in the 3rd person ins
Leslie
**Reread 2/8-2/9. Still loved! 😍

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 Stars
🔥🔥🔥🔥/5 heat index.

Aww. I liked this even more than the first one. Noah and Matt were the cutest.

“ ‘Try not to challenge anyone else to a duel like some old-time cowboy.’ Mmm, Matt in a cowboy hat. We may have to explore that. I must make some sort of noise in the back of my throat, because Matt laughs. ‘You’re picturing me in a cowboy hat, aren’t you?’ ‘Able to read my mind? We’re that couple already?’ ‘Do you care if we are?’I grin. ‘Not at all.

• Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Fakers
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Hudson's Luck (Forever Wilde #4)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Taming Teddy (Made Marian, #2)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are mostly full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She lives to create an escape from real life for herself and her readers.

She's also an Australian girl and apologises for her Australianisms that sometimes don't make sense to anyone else.

Fake Boyfriend (6 books)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend)

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...
“That's sweet. I think. Although, I'm worried about the fact you're talking to your dick."
"It's only a problem if it talks back.”
4 likes
“I've seen your dad on TV. I don't know how to say this without offending you, so I'm just going to say he looks like the type of politician who spouts family values and then gets caught in a seedy motel with a prostitute."
I laugh. "SO glad you tried not to offend me, Jet.”
3 likes