Start by marking “The Druidcraft Tarot” as Want to Read:
The Druidcraft Tarot

The Druidcraft Tarot

A classic tarot that brings two fundamental spiritualities of Nature--Wicca and Druidry--together in the ancient art.

Since it's original publication in 2005, The Druidcraft Tarot has been one of the most popular and most recommended tarots. Blending the ancient traditions of the tarot with the imagery and wisdom of Nature-based spiritualities, The Druidcraft Tarot is a
Published March 19th 2019 by St. Martin's Essentials (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Druidcraft Tarot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Druidcraft Tarot

Start your review of The Druidcraft Tarot
Emelie Vilder
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic deck and book for tarot.. Mine is now about 10 years and worn and torn to the point that I had to tape it all over.. The images are gorgeous, the lessons profound, can deeply recommend anyone getting a deck of tarot to get this one!
Passenger B.
I was so excited for this deck, but when it arrived I instantly knew it wasn't for me. The artwork is beautiful and crafty in its own way, but for some reason I was completely turned off by the entire deck, the forced nudity, the often grim expressions on the faces of the characters/archetypes and some of the depictions didn't seem to have a lot to do with the actual meaning of the card. On top of that I missed the Wiccan aspect. This was all very Celtic/Irish/Druid...y, but not exactly Wiccan p ...more
Maggie
Mar 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tarot
I enjoy the look and feel of the deck and this accompanying (or stand alone)book is complete. Celtic lore has been overlaid on the concept of tarot in creating the deck (druids embraced an oral tradition, not cards). In truth, I significantly expanded my tarot collection at the time of my last move (exhausted in the eves from packing, unpacking, working, log in to the internet and think "I deserve a present" and in an order for a few decks would go). This is significant to the review as I don't ...more
Bill Tillman
Jan 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: druid
Here, for the first time, is a tarot that combines the two fundamental spiritualities of Nature - Wicca and Druidry - and reflects the explosion of interest in the western magical traditional and paganism. This is a full deck of 78 cards, each a superb work of art, with a text by prominent authors. The deck is original in many ways includes a 190 page book with instructions and insights.
Katherine
Jun 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
This is my all time favorite tarot deck. The cards are stunningly beautiful and filled with symbolism. The accompanying book is a clear and lucid guide as to how the cards can be used.
Lisa Veldkamp
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favourite deck by far! The Druidcraft Tarot deck is beautiful, obnoxiously accurate, but most of all, very positive. A lot of tarot decks spread doom and gloom with a reversed reading. And while the Druidcraft Tarot also covers this, is still manages to help you along, leaving you energized and ready to face whatever it is you're struggling with.
Granny
Oh, this is an awesome deck. The illustrations are gorgeous, and the symbology for interpretation is well above average, for sure.

To me, this deck has the most expressive Court cards of any deck I've seen. They look like the ancestors of people you might have met in circle. They have such a strong, human look about them, not inspiration and fancy of Court people someone drew entirely from their imagination (which is a failing of the court cards in many decks).

This is a deck strongly aimed at pe
Elisabet
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent deck, I would actually recommend it as a more beautiful and detailed option to the Rider-Waite deck as I feel it is very accessible. A guide book is provided, it is brief but to the point and provides reversals. However a secondary reference may be needed for those very new to tarot. Also the cards are a little larger than standard. Not sure if there was a smaller option but I found I had to change the way I ordinarily shuffle. Overall though a wonderful traditional deck.
Stacia Leigh
Beautiful artwork and the book is really easy to navigate. I use these for character and plot development while writing. Some nudity, so not for young kids.
Cortney
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my all time favorite decks and I would give it five starts but I don't like the boarders on the cards. The art and guidebook for this deck is really nice though.
Trish
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with the previous book about oracle cards I also have to say here that I do not believe in oracles or the Tarot. I bought this set containing the card deck as well as a book with instructions because the deck was so very beautiful.

The book:
The book was written by the same authors that also wrote and published the book about oracle cards that I've finished only yesterday - and one notices.
Here as well as in the other book the single cards are being described with key words, the cards' meaning
Kathie Peterson
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very thorough guide to reading tarot in the druid system. The book reads simply and provides very down to earth understanding of how to live life simply and not complicate everything.

I read this book in a couple of days. It probably would have been a shorter time period but I had a lot of things to take care of for work and family.
Lily Wren
Dec 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had never been one for Tarot or Tarot never seemed to want me. The Runes, as a means of divination, meditation and guidance have always been my 'way'. However, one day I had an urge to go for the Tarot . I found myself buying the 'Ryder Waite' deck however, I could not really relate to this and was just about to give up on the Tarot until I stumbled upon this deck!

Beautifully painted and created with such gorgeous imagery and symbolism, some of these cards should be framed! I found them inspi
Martin Weyers
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most skillfully drawn tarot decks I know about, based on the Rider-Waite deck. Much easier to use than the awesome Haindl tarot deck (still my favourite one, that is inspired by the difficult Aleister Crowley deck). Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm's comments are convincing and elaborate in most of its parts. An inspiring read, especially (but not only!) for those interested in natural religion or neo-paganism. If you like Will Worthington's drawings, please check out his other works, e ...more
Nicole
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witchy-books
The book included with this deck is excellent, not your usual booklet of basic meanings, but a detailed guide to the symbolism and stories behind the artwork on the cards. The cards themselves are gorgeous. There is also a section at the end on how to use the cards that had several spreads I have never tried before. Looking forward to working with the new cards and new spreads and learning more as I go.
Jackie
Nov 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, celtic
An excellent represtentation of Tarot, with beautiful cards and easy to understand explanation of each card.
What I like best is it gives Keywords that represent the cards.
If you're into Tarot, this is a wonderful set to own.
Any time I've used them, they read true.
Zamm Zamudio
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: collection
One of my all time favourites. This was the very first Tarot set I bought in Singapore more than a decade ago while on holiday. I use this with my clients and has time and time again proven to bring about valuable insights to the surface. ❤️ I also have a backup copy of this set - for myself.
Michael Hazard
Nov 18, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful deck and system!
Fox
Sep 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful artwork, insightful readings. I've used this deck with much pleasure.
Carrie
Jan 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very beatiful tarot deck. The illustration for the princess of cups is exquisite. Also, it is easier to use than some decks, possiblybecuase of the accompanying book.
Jordan
Nov 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The artwork on these is great.
Han
Feb 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it as I got it but the amazement diminished and I got back to the Waite tarot. The pictures get boring with time.
Sherry Gewitzke
I use the cards regularly
Truly magical \|/
Simone Vd stadt beaney
Love the cards and the book. The art is beautiful and the meanings make sense to me. I especially like that the book includes different card spreads, so you can find your own preferred spread.
Jan
Aug 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part of my tarot library - I refer to it as one might a dictionary.
Rachael
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty deck!! Fairly on pointe. The cards are large & not easy to shuffle. ...more
Theresa Parker
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-santa
I love this book ~best I ever read! i use it for tarot school.
Patricia Weston
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this deck, I use these magical and amazing cards everyday, the images are wonderful. I would highly recommend this deck if you are drawn....
Lesley Arrowsmith
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely art work - and an interesting deck to work with.
Deanne Quarrie
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this deck and book!

• Holistic Tarot: An Integrative Approach to Using Tarot for Personal Growth
  • Around the Tarot in 78 Days: A Personal Journey Through the Cards
  • The Wildwood Tarot: Wherein Wisdom Resides
  • Vision Quest Tarot
  • Kitchen Table Tarot: Pull Up a Chair, Shuffle the Cards, and Let's Talk Tarot
  • The Mythic Tarot
  • From Chocolate to Morphine: Everything You Need to Know About Mind-Altering Drugs
  • The Lion and the Bride #1
  • Wizards Tarot
  • A Complete Guide to the Tarot
  • Zillich Tarot
  • Tarot and Astrology: Enhance Your Readings with the Wisdom of the Zodiac
Philip Carr-Gomm was born in London, raised in Notting Hill Gate, and educated at Westminster School and University College London.

He met his first spiritual teacher, Ross Nichols, the founder of The Order of Bards Ovates & Druids, when he was 11. He began studying with him when a teenager, and joined the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids at 18. He studied meditation with Olivia Robertson in Irelan