Start by marking “White Peak” as Want to Read:
White Peak

White Peak

Ronan Frost's White Peak is a fast-paced action thriller full of death-defying adventure.

Greg Rask, a dying tech billionaire, has invested millions chasing miracle cures. None of them are worth a damn, but he refuses to give up. Now, he’s gathering a team willing to go to the ends of the earth chasing life.

Each of Rask's crew has beaten incredible odds to rise from the ash
Published May 21st 2019 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about White Peak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Peak

Kylie D
Imagine listening to your wife's murder over the phone. This is what Rye has to deal with, and finds himself in a downwards spiral afterwards. Hope comes to the rescue, in this case a dying billionaire after Rye's unique set of skills, offering him a second chance. For this billionaire has assembled a team to go to look for the elixir of life, philosopher's stone or what ever you want to call it. Does it exist? They don't really know, but hey, let's go looking for it anyway.

So, we embark on a ro
Chelsea Humphrey
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chelsea by: St. Martin's Press
Shelves: from-publisher
This was such a fun read! Part Indiana Jones adventure, part alien space opera, and possibly a sequel? A very different thriller for sure!

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy.
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
You can't refuse from Greg Rask, a dying billionaire. Rye gets a second chance, and together, with other people that have also been given a second chance by Rask, he is now on a hunt for a miracle cure. Something that will give Rask his own second chance. There is a painting that is said to have a hidden map that will lead to a lost city, Shambhala. But, there are also those out there that will do anything to stop them from finding the city.

READ THE REST OF THE REVIEW OVER AT FRESH FICTION!
Timothy
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers
White Peak by Ronan Frost (not the author's real name) was a very fun, very fast read. The book is centered around that of Rye McKenna. It was Rye's tragic misfortune to witness his wife being murdered in an attack on a mall by several gunmen. Feeling lost and unsure of all that matters, Rye is contacted be a reclusive millionaire who asks him if he would like a second chance. Unknown to Rye, the killer of his wife is alive and being sent to prison contrary to all reports that all of the shooter ...more
Paul
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Frost excels in many types of writing: Building the distinct mythos of the mysterious object of desire. The fighting scenes, from icy mountain tops to dirty back alleys. The details of outdoor adventure, climbing and survival. Each setting is described with a great skill of blending the characters with the enemy and their surroundings.

In a chilling opening scene, Rye feeds quarters in a pay phone as he tries to talk his wife out of the desperate situation of being in the middle of a mass shootin
Sydney
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
**DNF**

I would compare “White Peak” to an action movie but in writing, with short chapters filled with treasure hunts, escape plans, chases, and art heists. I felt detached from the characters and didn’t think any of them really stood out that much, even though the beginning was a great start to the novel! I would classify this as more of an action/adventure novel rather than a thriller. In the end I just couldn’t make myself care about the plot or characters so I did not finish this novel.
Jeff
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who Knew A Fictional Character Could Write This Well? In this debut work by fictional character Ronan Frost, we get a solid action/ adventure tale of a man haunted by being on the other end of the phone when his wife is killed in a mass shooting being recruited to find a mysterious map for one of the world's wealthiest men. The action is taut, the mystery is compelling, and the locations include some rarely if ever used in novels before. Truly an outstanding work. Particularly for a fictional ch ...more
Alix
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was definitely a page turner! Action, adventure, sci-fi, myths, legends and history all in one literary package.

To be honest, I didn’t pay attention to the writing all that much because I was engulfed in the story. The chapters are short and usually end with a cliff hanger so you HAVE to keep reading.

Within the first sentence you already feel for the main character, he goes through ups and downs and you don’t really blame him for the somewhat reckless choices he makes.

The other characters f
Paul
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book blurb above would have you believe that the enigmatic billionaire Greg Rask is White Peak’s main protagonist. He’s not. Rask is just the bankroll; our hero is Rye McKenna a born adventurer who has been broken by a personal tragedy. Rask reaches out to McKenna, offering the young daredevil the chance at something new. The best way to describe McKenna? He feels like the modern-day equivalent of Indiana Jones. McKenna is that rare breed of indomitable hero who steadfastly refuses to ever g ...more
Norma
( Format : Audiobook )
"Do you deserve a second chance?"
From the very first sentence of the book -'Ryerson McKenna listened to his wife's death on the telephone' - I was hooked, and all the more so after the chapter had played out. This is a book for adrenalin junkies, unremitting in giving excitement after thrill via adventure. In fact, it is more like two books, the Indiana Jones adventure with additional adversaries of the earlier half which then morphs into the sinister and very creepy S.F.
Adele
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well what a ride this has been! I’ll start off by saying this isn’t the type of book I usually read and havn’t read many of but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The start of the book had a Mission Impossible feel which lead in to some Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones vibes with little rest in between. This book is very fast paced which kept me engaged the whole way and I found the writing style to be very easy reading, broken up by nice short chapters which I am always a fan of.

The main character we follow
Kim
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first chapter gets your heart pumping, and the action is non-stop after that. Ronan Frost (aka Steven Savile) shows, once again, that his a master of his craft. White Peak reminds me of books written by Steve Berry or Dan Brown, the way historical fact is combined with religion and mysticism, is a great combination to me.

If you are a surface climber, or want to learn about this subject, that will be an additional bonus to your enjoyment of this book. I did think it was interesting, but after
Elizabeth
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We happy to say that
WHITE PEAK by Ronan Frost; on sale May 21, 2019

Link to buy-this-book page:https://us.macmillan.com/books/978125...

About The Author:
Ronan Frost worked for the British Ministry of Defence where he was a liaison with intelligence
operatives working behind the Iron Curtain during the last year of the Cold War. During the first
Gulf War, he worked with the Royal Navy. And then, he developed a plan with economic
experts for the rationalization and centralization of the British Royal N
Phillip III
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
White Peak is the first book I have ever read by either Ronan Frost or Steven Savile. It definitely starts out like a James Rollins, or Matther Reilly novel — as toted by the publisher.

The opening chapter is shocking. It pulls the reader right in. You immediately like and root for the main character, Ryerson McKenna. The curiosity behind the tale increases as readers are introduced to a mystical man. Greg Rask is dying. He has a map. The cure for his illness is out there.

Rask has put together a
Indre
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rounding this up from 3.5 stars. Received this book from the publisher for a free, unbiased review.

This was an action driven adventure thriller. The beginning was what really drew me in - what would a person do to get revenge? How do you redeem yourself after that? It was a capturing idea.

And then a rich benefactor, with a treasure hunt shows up. Find him a cure, with a help of unbelievably skilled team. The chase around the world, with very skilled assassins, a lot of drinking and bantering.
Haley Wilson-Lemmon
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
I was provided a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

To begin. This book wasn't what I was expecting. It felt like a winding path through the woods, I could never quite see what was around the next turn. Some times I was intrigued. Other times I was disappointed.

I got the sense that this book was trying to be a lot of things. Stephen King one liners tied up in a slurry of conspirarcy theories and sprinkled with a few dashes of social commentary and to
Wrenn
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Ryerson "Rye" McKenna lost his wife in a tragic mall shooting.
He is contacted by an intermediary for dying, wealthy businessman Greg Rask, asking him if he deserves a second chance. At first he says no.
Then he listens to the offer presented by Rask's representative, Guuleed.
He will be left alone in a cell with Matthew Langley, the shooter in prison who killed his wife, to do whatever he wants.
After that, he may decide to join Rask's team, which includes a linguist, a thief, a tech guru and a S
Virginia Winfield
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a book filled with adventure, thrills and great characters. Each of these characters work well with each other. There are twists and turns. This takes you to many different locales. This story really kept my interest. I hope there will be more stories with these characters. I received an ebook copy from St. Martin’s Press for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
Amy
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
White Peak is different than any type of thriller I've ever read but none the less, I still really enjoyed it. It reminded me of Indiana Jones meets Tomb Raider and add in a little Sci-fi too.
It is about Rye McKenna getting a second chance at life. A dying tech billionaire, Greg Rask, contacts Rye with an offer he can't refuse. A chance for alone time with his wife's killer in exchange to help him find a hidden map that will lead them to a lost city. They believe the city has a cure for Rask.
Th
Alex  Jones
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Centered around Rye McKenna , this book is a blistering thrill ride .

Rye is a renowned climber, recently suffering a tragedy when his wife is gunned down in a shopping mall by terrorists, he is approached by a sick billionaire, Greg Rask, offering him a chance at redemption, a second chance at life.

Rye eventually agrees and joins a crack team of others who are also getting that second chance . The billionaire has a task, he wants them to find the cure to his illness in the mythical lost city of
Patty Smith
rated it did not like it
Jun 17, 2019
Shelley
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ryerson Mckenna has been through an unspeakable tragedy, when he is offered an opportunity he cannot walk away from, The dying tech billionaire, Rask, seeks him out and offers Rye not only revenge but a second chance.
Rask is convinced that a miracle cure exists in the fabled city of Shambhala. He just needs to find it, so with Ryerson and the team he has assembled they set off after a map that may or may not exist.

There is of course a brotherhood sworn to protect the secrets of Shambhala, no-on
Aaron Tove-White