Start by marking “My Favorite Cowboy (Heart of Texas #3)” as Want to Read:
My Favorite Cowboy (Heart of Texas #3)

My Favorite Cowboy

(Heart of Texas #3)

Audrey Martinez is a veterinarian who has devoted her whole life to the care and protection of horses―even if doing so leaves her little time for meeting a man. Who would have thought that a strange case of criminal horseplay would lead her to falling deeply, wildly in love? If only the man who makes her heart race faster than a wild mustang would let his guard down, that ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 311 pages
Published February 26th 2019 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about My Favorite Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Favorite Cowboy

Start your review of My Favorite Cowboy (Heart of Texas #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
My Favorite Cowboy is book three in the Heart of Texas series by Donna Grant. In book one, we met the oldest sister, Abby Harper. Book two, her younger brother, Brice got his turn. Now it’s the youngest Harper brother, Caleb’s turn.

As did Abby and Brice, Caleb Harper has some serious abandonment issues. Their mother left them when Brice and Caleb were little, leaving an eighteen year old Abby to raise the boys. Now, years later, Abby is happily married to Clayton East and Brice is married to Nao
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3 Abandonment Issues Stars

May Have Mild Spoilers

OK I'm gonna be honest here and I'm gonna try not to spoil anything while letting you know why this book was just alright for me. After reading Cowboy, Cross My Heart I was really looking forward to Caleb's book. I hate to say it, but the book didn't live up to my expectations. No not the book really, it was Caleb and Audrey relationship that didn't work for me. I actually liked the plot which is why I gave this book 3 stars instead of less. T
Carrie
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
My Favorite Cowboy by Donna Grant is the third book of the Heart of Texas series. While the books of the Heart of Texas series may look like any other contemporary cowboy romance reads they are more of a romantic suspense with plenty of action involved in each book. Each book has a different lead couple so they could be read and understood as a standalone. However, for those that have followed along from the beginning the previous books characters continue to be involved.

Being a veterinarian, Au
Danielle's
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Favorite Cowboy can be read as a stand-alone, however, it’s the third book in the Heart of Texas series (I haven’t read the other books and this one read just fine). My Favorite Cowboy is a mystery and a romance.

Caleb has a problem. Something is wrong with his horses. It just doesn’t make sense. The horse affect seems to be random. The local vet is on the case. Audrey is suspicious of the horse's symptoms and with the help of their families, they will get to the bottom of the mystery. What st
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Caleb has been deeply affected by his mother leaving them when he was just a kid. He's spent his years opening up a new ranch with his older brother, training horses and having meaningless one night stands.

Audrey has been just as affected by her mother's passing and her father's disappearance. She's one of the best equine vets and her little sister works with her. She is just as bad as Caleb when it comes to meaningless one night stands.

These two get brought together when some horses at an auct
Beatrice Masaluñga
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, arc
I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

My first book from Donna Grant didn't go well with me but I'm glad I gave her a second chance with this book. My Favorite Cowboy is the third book in the Heart of Texas series but can be read as a standalone.

The story follows an equine veterinarian Audrey Martinez. She's hardworking, independent and passionate. You'll love her dedication in providing holistic care to horses. However, something strange happened in her family fr
Sabrina
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Yet again I started a series with the last book but I didn't have a problem reading My Favorite Cowboy without first reading the previous books. Caleb Harper is the youngest of his siblings and was dealing with some pretty heavy abandonment issues. Which had him keeping his distance from veterinarian, Audrey Martinez. Until they're forced together by someone threatening the lives of horses and it's up to them to help stop whoever is poisoning the animals.

I love tha
Lisa Marie
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love love love this series and this book in particular. Cowboys weren’t my thing...but now they are. Lol
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Great plot and a true love story. Sigh..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It’s funny how you can develop an opinion of a character easily as the story develops. I started off really enjoying both of the main characters in this book. I loved Caleb because he was sweet, kind, and very protective of her.

I liked Audrey because she was different, pretty simple, and a straightforward person dedicated to her work almost to a fault.

But then things changed a little bit especially towards the end. While I loved the way th
Madison Warner Fairbanks
My Favorite Cowboy by Donna Grant

Former Green Beret cowboy meets successful equine vet where instant attraction changes their live long habits into singular commitment dreams.
3rd in the Heart of Texas series and can be read as a standalone romantic suspense.
Lots of feels and emotions in this book. Plenty of empathetic tears as well as happy tears.
Deep family connections and solid friendships make this series a joy to read. Secondary characters added depth and interest.

Excerpt:
“She slowly lowe
Kiki
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

It's brother Caleb's turn to find his HEA, and he does with horse veterinarian Aubrey. Lots of sparks flying in the middle of horses getting sick, people getting shot at, a stampede, busted up offices and a hot times in the bedroom. True love wins out in the end, but of course, not without some angst thrown in the mix.
Marta Cox
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Three and a half
This series began at the end of 2017 with Clayton in Christmas Cowboy Hero when it introduced Abby and her two teenage brothers Brice and Caleb. Now the author has fast forward several years to give us happy endings for both brothers. It's the youngest, Caleb who features here and as this begins he's a love em and leave em type of guy scarred by what he sees as his mother's betrayal. Caleb isn't looking for anything permanent but things change pretty quickly when he meets a local
Carol
3.5 stars.
This is my second book by Donna Grant and the third book in the "Heart of Texas" series. The previous one that I read was "A Cowboy Like You" and it is actually the next book in this series. I did like it slightly better but both books were essentially really good reads for me.
I am definitely enjoying this "new to me" author's writing style, as well as her characters and plots.

However, I would like to point out that these books aren't so much cowboy romances as they are romantic susp
MG
3 stars

This book is the 3rd in a series about the Harper siblings; in this case, the main subject is the youngest one - Caleb. The three sibs were abandoned by their mother as children, and while all struggled mightily as a result, Caleb took it the hardest of the trio. Because of this, Caleb has always had a fear of commitment as he is afraid that if he opens his heart to someone, they will leave him; thus, he has always been a love 'em and leave 'em guy when it comes to romantic involvements.
☕️Kimberly
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story belongs to the youngest Harper, Caleb. Retired from the military he owns a ranch with his brother and is passionate about training horses. Their mother abandoned Caleb and his siblings the year Abby turned eighteen. While each of them carry baggage, Caleb has kept his heart safe and has never been in a serious relationship...that is until he meets Audrey Martinez.

Audrey is a highly desires Equine veterinarian who lives with her sister Maddy. Like Caleb, Audrey protects her heart and n
Dianne
Saddle up, love is coming at a full gallop!

Equine vet, Audrey Martinez is good at her job, but when several horses became sick, she had her work cut out for her trying to save them. Was it foul play? Enter Caleb Harper, a rugged one and done cowboy, the lone wolf who would never settle down…until Audrey rocked his world!

He wouldn’t admit why, but Caleb is determined to keep her safe when it looks like Audrey’s success as a vet has made her a target.

Audrey is focused solely on her business. She
♥ WishfulMiss ♥

I'm really liking Donna Grant's writing style. She always brings to life such relatable characters. My Favorite Cowboy (ironically) wasn't my favorite in the series but I still really enjoyed reading about Audrey and Caleb. They were both down to earth, everyday people.

Audrey is a highly sought after veterinarian who finds herself in the center of a nasty horse poisoning investigation. When every lead they find, leads them back to her, things start to get complicated. Caleb and his family and fr
Cali Jewel
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweetly thrilling, heartwarming and very real romantic journey that is both engaging and emotional.... really enjoyed this small town romance with so much heart and filled with so many interesting charters. Great read!
Kristy K
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, arc, 2019
I think I can officially say modern day cowboy romances are not for me. This is my third (?) one and I've generally had the same feeling as with all of the others: a lot of eye-rolling over the insta-love and wishing for something more.

I found the mystery surrounding this one intriguing and I was genuinely interested in finding out who was harming the horses. But. The randomly inserted POV of the hired criminal to commit those acts missed the mark in my opinion. He was more of a caricature of a
Sophia
Another suspenseful contemporary western romance from the Heart of Texas series brings us the last single Harper sibling, Caleb front and center. Caleb has been the most adamant about never putting his heart on the line after his mother abandoned him and his older siblings, but he has met his match in a woman driven by her work with horses and equally determined to stay detached after her mother died and her dad walked away. With a person in the shadows determined to bring the beautiful vet down ...more
Richelle Robinson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caleb and Audrey are both like minded when it comes to relationships and pretty much don’t do them. I loved that they both were on the same page. They are working together to find out who is hurting the horses. Audrey is a well sought after equine vet and I loved how passionate she was about the animals. Caleb is a cowboy and ranch owner who could be intense and closed off at times but he meant well. When you find out his backstory it all makes sense.

There are two other books in the series and e
Heather
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is the third book in the Heart of Texas series and features the youngest sibling, Caleb. Caleb was probably the most affected by his mother's abandonment of the the three children so it's stands to reason he has issues committing to a woman beyond one night. However, all that changes when he meets Aubrey and realizes that she might just be worth more than a night. Now he just needs to convince her of the same.
This was a great blend of romance and suspense that kept me reading past my bedtim
Lover of Romance
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from St. Martin's Paperbacks in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

My Favorite Cowboy by Donna Grant is my FIRST contemporary romance that I have read from Donna Grant and I haven't read her in quite a while. But when I was offered the ARC of this book, I just knew I had to grab it up because one its Donna Grant and she is writing cowboys, so h
Escape into a Booksite
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
*3 Stars*

Copy kindly received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I put this one down and picked it back up again quite a few times. The chapters seem to drag on a bit, but at the same time, it's not like the writing style is horrible.

Neither are the characters horrible. I didn't mind Audrey or Caleb, and I certainly liked their family members and friends. Something about this just didn't sit as well as others with me. I couldn't really feel the connection between our main characte
melissafandomworld
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Review to follow
Alison
Audrey Martinez is a veterinarian that is so devoted to her work she has no time for men and has adopted a bit of a love them and leave them attitude, maybe it's a hangover from when her father walked out on her and her little sister Maddie after their mother's death. Someone has poisoned three horses at a friend's stables and she is desperately trying to save the horses.

Caleb Harper was deeply scarred when his mother walked out on him and his brother and sister when they were still small, he wa
Maureen
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
‘My Favorite Cowboy’ is about the youngest Harper brother Caleb. Caleb is a handsome cowboy who’s past made him into a ‘new-woman-every-day’ kind of man. Caleb doesn’t believe he is someone worthy of love, and he has made his peace with it. He loves working on his ranch, and he loves his family. What more does he need? So when Caleb meets Audrey, a veterinarian, for the first time he is shocked to find himself wanting to be with her all the time. Especially since Audrey seems to be in danger. Bu ...more
Minx
My Favorite Cowboy is the story of Caleb Harper, the youngest of the Harper siblings and the most troubled by being abandoned by their mother. Despite being the third book in the series, in which Caleb had already been introduced as a character, this story can be read as a standalone. The previous stories included Caleb as a boy and young adult but this time around Caleb is all man and he knows exactly what he wants in life: his business, his family, and meaningless sex. His days and nights were ...more
booksofallkinds
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from Netgalley

MY FAVORITE COWBOY by Donna Grant is a romance that packs a punch with an edge of suspense running throughout that really hooked me as a reader and held my attention from start to finish.

Caleb Harper knows what is like to be abandoned by someone who should love you no matter what so he has shut himself off from the possibility of love - it just isn't worth it. When he is called in to check out some possible foul play happening to some local horses,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• One Tough Cowboy (Moving Violations #1)
  • Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #2)
  • Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • Getting Hot with the Scot (Sometimes in Love, #1)
  • Smitten by the Brit (Sometimes in Love, #2)
  • A True Cowboy Christmas (Cold River Ranch, #1)
  • Once Upon a Bad Boy (Sometimes in Love, #3)
  • Jackson (The McBrides of Texas #1; Eternity Springs #16)
  • It Started with a Cowboy (Cowboys of Creedence #3)
  • Ice Hot (New York Nighthawks, #1)
  • Highland Crown (Royal Highlander, #1)
  • The Earl Next Door (First Comes Love, #1)
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (Wishing River, #1)
  • Cowboy Rebel
  • No Other Duke But You (Playful Brides, #11)
  • Marrying My Cowboy
  • Nothing But Trouble (Credence, Colorado #1)
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over a hundred novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal genre a burst

Heart of Texas (5 books)
  • The Christmas Cowboy Hero (Heart of Texas, #1)
  • Cowboy, Cross My Heart
  • A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Looking for a Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)