Start by marking “When Summer Ends” as Want to Read:

When Summer Ends

Aiden Emerson is an all-star pitcher and the all-around golden boy of Riverton. Or at least he was, before he quit the team the last day of junior year without any explanation. How could he tell people he's losing his vision at seventeen?

Straight-laced Olivia thought she had life all figured out. But when her dream internship falls apart, her estranged mother comes back in
Expected publication: April 9th 2019 by Tor Teen

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Apr 09, 2019
    *ARC Giveaway*

“A captivating read and a great pick for fans of Morgan Matson and Emery Lord!” —RT Book Reviews, on Love Songs & Other Lies

Aiden Em

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 3 copies available, 1375 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 05 - Feb 04, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about When Summer Ends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Summer Ends

Melanie
    ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
    Fafa's Book Corner
    Mini review:

DNF

Trigger warning: Suffering injuries from a sport. Till the point I read.

I received this E-ARC via Macmillan-Tor/Forge and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I read the authors debut and didn’t enjoy it. Still this one sounded promising and I wanted to give it a go. Unfortunately this author isn’t for me.

I didn’t care for the characters or the story. They seemed alright. But not enough to continue reading

This is a personal thing. Still recommend.

Jessica Pennington
    Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    "One of the 2 best books you've ever written." - My mom

Be sure to add my debut novel, Love Songs & Other Lies to your TBR, it's full of music, slow-burn romance, swoony boys in bands, and second chances!

If you're excited for WHEN SUMMER ENDS, be sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram where I'll be sharing sneak peeks, inspiration, giveaways and more as it gets closer! And for the first shot at ARCs and behind-the-scenes news, sign up for my monthly newsletter!
    Marianne
    This is a 3.5/5 for me! The writing was nice, the author doesn't overuse clichés (although the plot and characters are nothing you've never seen before) and Liv and Aiden are endearing characters. They grow and change throughout the book, which was a very nice development to follow. All in all, it's a cute summer love story, in which I was happy to see relationships portrayed healthily. When someone treats the other badly, they're called out on it and held accountable for their actions.

But over
    Jadyen (jayjaysbooknook)
    I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved Olivia and Aiden and how they both grew over the course of the story. They both learned to accept the challenges in their lives and found ways to overcome the obstacles they faced. It was a fun and fast read.
    Marie
    May 06, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Omg I can not wait to get this book!!!
    Kimberly Sabatini
    Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: mg-ya
    This story was adorable and sweet, but still a page-turner. I loved Olivia and Aiden from the start, but together they fit like puzzle pieces. The setting was rich and the characters had depth. If you like Sarah Dessen and Kasie West--you're going to want to read this one as soon as you can--I can't wait for the next Pennington novel.
    Auburn
    Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
    The couple in this book is adorable. I want to start out by saying that. Aiden and Olivia have chemistry and it shows. The way we get to see them before they even get together from their own points of view made the story that much more believable. The angst, romance, and plot are expertly put together to make a story any romance lover would enjoy.
    Melissa
    Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This story was cute, in that super cute YA summer novel type thing. If you're a fan of all the boys I've loved before, you will probably like it. There were some holes near the end, of things that I wish I knew happened or turned out but overall I would recommend it to someone looking for a quick, nice and easy contemporary story.

The only downside is I wanted a little bit more to the story, when I ended I was like wait what? But the story can be really relatable to junior/senior in high school a
    Brittany Kennedy
    Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Siobhan Yilmaz
    Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This was such a refreshing read. Not a typical boy meets girl at all. Liv is nicely complicated and her life is far from easy, she's had it difficult - this doesn't make her unlikable, it makes her relatable in many ways. She has issues with her mother, and unknowingly, her boyfriend.
    One summer changes everything. I like how she adapts and grows as a person and how things grow with Aiden.
    Now Aiden - we don't know at first what his deal is, and I don't do spoilers in reviews, so I'm not telling!
    Liana Key
    Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This book hooked me from the beginning. It's the story of Olivia and Aiden who both have the summer to come to grips with their new realities - Olivia is moving out of state for senior year, Aiden is losing his vision and his baseball dream. Working together brings them closer, but there's Olivia's estranged mother and her ex to contend with. I like that this story had substance, that the characters dealt with real problems and that despite the hardships there was a happy ending.
    Andi (Andi's ABCs)
    Really cute story about fate, chance, and forgiveness. I loved Aiden so much! Olivia was her own worse enemy, but who isn’t at times. Review to come.
    Leah Dynes
    Jan 08, 2019
    Michelle Wolfson
    Apr 09, 2018
    Thrashboy666
    Nov 22, 2018
    Brittany Kennedy
    Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Received this arc from the author.

A ridiculously sweet, exploratory summer romance. I’m always happy to see relationships, especially in YA books, portrayed in a healthy way, where people are called out on their behaviours. I loved the family dynamic with all of the characters, and the romance between the mains was beautiful to watch as it matured. Better yet, I loved how the characters dealt with the hurdles thrust their way. Losing their sight, dealing with an estranged mother, a flippant boyf
    Justin Turczak
    Nov 13, 2018
    Dana
    May 09, 2018
    Rachel Solomon
    Such a cute summer read!
    Stephie
    Mina
    Apr 16, 2018
    Dee
    Apr 16, 2018
    Jessica Pennington is no stranger to the combination of love and drama. She’s a wedding planner, after all. A writer since the age of ten—when she sought publication for her poem about a tree—Jessica likes the challenge of finding the humor in a sad situation or highlighting the awkwardness in a romantic one. She lives in a Michigan beach town suspiciously similar to the one in her novel, with her ...more