Start by marking “Amnesty (The Amberlough Dossier, #3)” as Want to Read:
Amnesty (The Amberlough Dossier, #3)

Amnesty

(The Amberlough Dossier #3)

The revolution has come and gone, with Amberlough City striving to rebuild itself from the ashes. The Ospies have been ousted, and the very face of the nation has been changed in the process.

Now, a rising politician is determined to bring Amberlough’s traitors to justice.

Including double agent Cyril DePaul.

Everyone believes Cyril deserves to suffer for his crimes... except
Published April 16th 2019 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Amnesty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amnesty

Start your review of Amnesty (The Amberlough Dossier, #3)
Samantha
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love my chain-smoking, heavy drinking, Art Deco gay criminals.
Elle (ellexamines)
Sep 07, 2018 marked it as on-my-shelf
Shelves: x-tbrsequels
I need this thanks

series reviews: Amberlough | Armistice | Amnesty
Megan
Received an Advanced Reader Copy from Netgalley in exchange for an open and honest review.

Reading this makes me wish I had my hair up, lipstick on, and double martini in hand while classy music plays in the background. I am sitting on a leather sofa in the library with rain pattering on the bay windows which look onto the lush green grounds. I have a trust fund to support me for the rest of my days thanks to old money, just like a DePaul, but without the family trauma and loss of income due to
Ashley
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aaaaaaggghhh I love it and need more how can it be done noooo aaagghhh whyyyyy.

You can see the full review on my dumb blog here.

If you haven’t read Amberlough and Armistice, you should. You really should. In fact, why don’t you do that. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Did you read them? Aren’t they fantastic? OK. So, on to the grand finale: Amnesty!

Just as Armistice begins with a three-year time jump after the events of Amberlough, Amnesty does the same, only this time, it’s five years after the events of
Abi Walton
Re-read entire series 22.05.2020
Gosh this series still hurts me in the best way! Reading these books back to back definitely made me feel the ANGST and I cannot wait to read more from Donelly. I love how she creates this back and forth and Real tension between her characters. Where the things unsaid are the loudest quotes in the books.

Re-read 13.04.2019
(view spoiler)
Phee
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Well. This trilogy is now over.
I must say that after finishing this book I am feeling rather underwhelmed. This book has some heart warming and and heart breaking moments. Revalations and reunions that were long sort after. But I also felt like the author played it safe. The stakes didn't seem as high and they should of, considering the circumstances.
The characters were fantastic as ever and the audio narrator makes this series what it is.
Couldn't help but smile at the last line.
Give this se
Freya Marske
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A satisfying end to a fantastic series. Can't wait for five years to pass so that I can drag together enough emotional resilience to survive reading all three back-to-back!
Maria
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing. I wish I could erase my memory and experience this greatness all over again.
Teleseparatist
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, earc
I read this book courtesy of NetGalley, in exchange for a review.

I didn't think this would happen, but at its (presumed) end, the world of Amberlough has grown on me, at long last. The third volume was the first that I really emotionally connected with.

First things first: I didn't even read the cover copy before embarking on my reading here, and I think that served me well. This novel starts several (?) years after the previous volume ended, and the world it is set in is quite different; but th
Ash | Wild Heart Reads
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book and wondered what happened after the revolution? How the characters coped with the aftermath once the dust had settled? What was the cost? Amnesty is that book, with the revolution having come and gone in the five years between Armistice and Amnesty. Donnelly answers these questions with her signature elegant and emotive prose and magnificent characters.

“You know...I don't mind disappointing people. Perhaps that's a flaw in my character, but I think it has rathe
MissFede
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqa, fantasy, owned
I have a lot of love for this series and all the characters.
Cyn
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
IM NOT OKAY. SITTING HERE IN SILENCE. OVERCOME. I. CANT.
Actual review to come but if I summed this up in 10 words:
Broken people surviving. A dom rearranging the world for his sub.

My favorite thing about this whole trilogy (apart from everything: the craft of the writing, world building & characters) is how, in the end, it’s all about different kinds of love & how you fucking survive in impossible situations. I just. Am overwhelmed and blessed to have read this.
Kelsey
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-releases
ARC from NetGalley. Review to come.
Stephanie
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Small lies. Do you promise?”
Mary Drover
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: high-fantasy, lgbtq, bipoc
This was such a perfect ending to this trilogy. It was exactly what I wanted, but not at all what I expected. It was so satisfying, all the loose ends were tied up while still giving hope for the future, and my little gay heart is so over the freaking moon with the happy ending. I could just scream with joy! As a whole, this trilogy was just truly astounding. I’ve never read anything like it (though the Angelus trilogy by Jon Steele has similar political/cultural vibes), and I doubt I ever will ...more
Alison
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer, lgbtq, sff, library
An intense end to an intense series. I loved it. This was excellent and melancholy and often heart-wrenching, but so hopeful. It's a story of people scraping themselves back together after a war and seeing what's left and trying to move forward with what little they've got, both without and within. It's in the blurb, so it's not a spoiler: Cyril's back! The relationships in this book really pack a punch. Cyril and Aristide's reconnection is gutting and beautiful. My heart just aches for them. Ev ...more
Evy
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I CRY

CRY CRY CRY

(From sadness? From happiness? From FEELS? WHO KNOWS)

This was everything i wanted and more. Probably my favourite book of the year so far.

The characters are just so good. So far from perfect. No one even close to perfect! In fact, I think every single character does something kinda awful. AND YET I LOVE THEM ALL.

And the audiobook narration is unbelievable.

What will Lara Elena Donnelly do next??? I gotta read it!
Grace W
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, i-own, speculative
(Copied from my review on TheStoryGraph) This whole series is just about perfect! I'm sad that one of my favorites didn't make it through the end but I still love every single thing they did with the story. It has such interesting characters and politics and it feels so real yet also so full of hope. I will literally read whatever else this author puts out I am THAT obsessed with this series! Please go and read it, it is so amazing!
Avi Grundner
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Katy
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other_2020
mercedes
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
lara elena donnelly can turn a phrase like nobody’s business but oh my god was this book ever depressing!! I never quite reconciled with the cordelia of it all :(
Katie
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to netgalley and Tor for the e-arc!

What a series! It's been quite some time that I've binged a series with such enthusiasm. The way this series is told has beats unlike other novels I've read, and it kept this series feeling fresh with each new book.

Characters

The characters, and their relationships, are what I loved the most about this novel. I missed (view spoiler)
Sarah (CoolCurryBooks)
Amnesty is the final book in the queer, no-magic fantasy trilogy that started with Amberlough. I highly recommend that you read this series in order! The rest of my review will contain spoilers for the previous books.

Amnesty begins with a time-skip in which the Ospies have been overthrown and Cordelia has died. Oh, and perhaps most importantly, it opens with the news that Cyril has been found. Lillian doesn’t quite know how to deal with the reappearance of her politically inconvenient brother, a
Tanya
“I’m not the man I used to be, Aristide.”
“Darling, you never were. Neither was I.” [loc. 5229]

Five years after the events of Armistice , eight years after the events of Amberlough : the leader of the One State Party has been assassinated, but the new memorial on Temple Street isn't for him. Aristide Makricosta, living in exile in tropical Liso, has been invited to the dedication ceremony for the memorial, and has refused emphatically. But perhaps, with the right companion ...

In Amberlough
Catherine
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank goodness.

Maybe it is a result of our current troubled times, but the ending of this book left me so relieved. Maybe in another scenario, I would have found it saccharine, but the deeply personal and gentle ending of this series, after all the tension and violence and sacrifice and selfishness (not to say the ending isn't selfish) of the previous books had not left me hopeful.

But, you guys. (view spoiler)
Kate
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, queer, own, specfic
I love these horrible people so much.

I think this one is the slowest of the series, and that may not be something other people like. I found the ending very satisfying and so beautifully open for possibility for all of the characters. This was the end of the story, but not THEIR story. Those who remain have more life to live, even if we don't see it, and that is such a beautiful thing to take away from a series like this.

The series seems to get more and more character driven as it goes on, so m
Anouk
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, adult
“Anything can happen. I don’t try to predict it anymore; I just try to be ready when the dice come down where they do.”

4.5

It’s been a couple of days since I finished this book and I’m still too shaken to write a proper review of it, so I’m saving whatever scattered thoughts I managed to put to paper for after an eventual reread. (It’s really only a matter of time, since these books seem to only get better with every reread).

Amnesty is definitely a worthy conclusion to The Amberlough Dossier:
Jackie B. - Death by Tsundoku
I will admit, the conclusion of The Amberlough Dossier threw me for a bit of a loop. Heck, this whole series did. It was never what I expected it to be and I love that. But, at the same time, when something is never what you expected that also means you're a little bit disappointed. This is how I feel about Amnesty.

These characters are incredible. I believe them. They are so real. Watching them over the last almost-decade of their lives I felt like they could step out of the pages at any point.
Stavroulam
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
i love ari with my whole heart. didn't think i was ever gonna love another literary ari (literari?) after ari and dante, but fuck me if ari makricosta isn't a character and a half. i love you and i miss you i am outraged there's no more books with you in them goodbye forever

on an half-serious note, these books were great. the first one was the the best, the second one was okay and the third one brought it back now yall. it feels like 3 more books can be written to fill in some p big gaps we hav
E.M. Hamill
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This last foray into the city of Amberlough was a bittersweet culmination of all that went before. Aristide is back and as acerbic and vulnerable as ever, and we finally get to see Cyril again. Like Ari, I was saddened and angry and devastated at how damaged Cyril has become in the terrible years they've been apart. Cyril is broken and war-weary and bearing the weight of his past deeds in his soul. Cyril's sister, Lillian, is trying to rebuild her life and career, but her brother's war crimes, n ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Drowned Country (The Greenhollow Duology, #2)
  • Stormsong (The Kingston Cycle, #2)
  • Silver in the Wood (The Greenhollow Duology, #1)
  • The Tyrant Baru Cormorant (The Masquerade, #3)
  • The Affair of the Mysterious Letter
  • The Perfect Assassin (Chronicles of Ghadid, #1)
  • Miranda in Milan
  • The True Queen (Sorcerer Royal, #2)
  • Docile
  • The Order of the Pure Moon Reflected in Water
  • A Memory Called Empire (Teixcalaan #1)
  • The Hanged Man (The Tarot Sequence, #2)
  • Empress of Forever
  • The Everlasting
  • Sisters of the Vast Black
  • Witchmark (The Kingston Cycle, #1)
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • A Choir of Lies (A Conspiracy of Truths, #2)
The all-singing, all-dancing Lara Elena Donnelly is the author of AMBERLOUGH, a vintage-glam spy thriller, and a graduate of the Alpha and Clarion writers’ workshops. Her work has appeared in venues including Strange Horizons, Escape Pod, Nightmare, and Uncanny (forthcoming). A veteran of small town Ohio and the Derby City, Lara now lives in Manhattan. You can also find her online at @larazontally ...more

The Amberlough Dossier (4 books)
  • Amberlough (The Amberlough Dossier, #1)
  • Armistice (The Amberlough Dossier, #2)
  • The Amberlough Dossier: Amberlough, Armistice, Amnesty