Start by marking “Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)

Bloodwitch

(The Witchlands #3)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  7,062 ratings  ·  1,348 reviews
Fans of Susan Dennard's Witchlands series have fallen in love with the Bloodwitch Aeduan. And now, finally, comes his story.

High in a snowy mountain range, a monastery that holds more than just faith clings to the side of a cliff. Below, thwarted by a lake, a bloodthirsty horde of raiders await the coming of winter and the frozen path to destroy the sanctuary and its secre
Published February 12th 2019 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Bloodwitch, please sign up.
Edit~A My OTP was and always will be Safi and Merik! <3
Well, Iseult and Aeduan the 2nd!!
3rd the heart-threads of course, Kullen and Ryber.
Tbh, weird but I wa…more
My OTP was and always will be Safi and Merik! <3
Well, Iseult and Aeduan the 2nd!!
3rd the heart-threads of course, Kullen and Ryber.
Tbh, weird but I want to see Vivia and Vanessa together... (less)
Habibah Moflehi I love Safi and Merik so much I COULD DIE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AND I ALSO LOVE ISUELT AND AUDIN I LOVE THEM THE MOST!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!.
i als…more
i also like that Isult and Audin kind of adopted a child but not really.this child could talk and control animals. like shit i love that. i also love love the world and the world building.
I ship Audin and Isuilt and i also ship Merik and Safi because the make out scene they had in book one was fucking gold i loved it. I love everything that happen in this book and the characters are so relatible.
i was not a huge fan of Vivia in this book or the last one. but i hope that will change in this book because i want to like her because she is a Tide Witch and i love me some water witches and i am trash for anything that has witches.
This book is called BLOODWITCH which means Audin and that means i am here and ready to die for him. i love him he is my fave and that means i will read it. I DONT CARE WHAT MY ANYBODY SAYS I WILL READ THIS BOOK WHEN IT COMES OUT. I WILL!! i cant wait to see how Iseult and Aeduan relationship progress because they are attracted to each other its so ovi.(less)
The Wicked King by Holly BlackKing of Scars by Leigh BardugoThe Gilded Wolves by Roshani ChokshiFinale by Stephanie GarberA Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
YA Novels of 2019
869 books — 2,953 voters
The Wicked King by Holly BlackKing of Scars by Leigh BardugoNinth House by Leigh BardugoThe Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha ShannonChildren of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi
Can't Wait Books of 2019
1,464 books — 3,982 voters

More lists with this book...

·  7,062 ratings  ·  1,348 reviews

Start your review of Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
Samantha
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-2019
4.5? 4.75? I haven’t decided yet but.. my emotions.

Edit: who am I kidding it’s 5 stars
— Massiel
EDIT 2.0 - 09/21/18

WE HAVE A COVER, AGAIN, REPEATING, WE HAVE A COVER

CAN WE JUST THANK SUSAN FOR THIS? I MEAN ADEUAN LOOKS GORGEOUS
description

I CAN'T WAIT TO READ ADEUAN AND ISEULT, I SHIP THEM SO MUCH!!

SERIOUSLY, FEBRUARY 12TH JUST COME ALREADY

AND AEDUAN WITH ISUELT

I REALLY NEED THIS BOOK, I CAN'T WAIT TO 2019

Dear Susan:

Nastassja
She stole his breath now, and he had no breath to spare.

Bloodwitch stole my breath, stabbed me in the heart, and left me bleeding and waiting for the next instalment. And I don't really mind, because it's the best kind of pain.

First of all, I must say that Susan Dennard upped her game in Bloodwitch. With every book in the series, she becomes a more superior master of words and aims straight for the readers' hearts. She feels blood and she strikes. Just like her Bloodwitch.

It's not a
✨ A ✨
I've said it before and I'll say it again: SUSAN DENNARD IS A QUEEN

I truly love how, though each of these books features POV of the 4 MC's, every book focuses just a bit more on one character.

Aeduan's book was everything I had hoped for. I've been intrigued by Aeduan since Truthwitch. He is somewhat of a morally grey character and in the first two books it's hard to discern who's side he is on.

Death follows wherever you go, yet by the grace of the Wells, you always outrun your own.

Reading
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
That one was good and the cover is hot!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Simona Stoica
Feb 06, 2017 marked it as to-read
UPDATE: WE HAVE A COVER. I REPEAT. WE HAVE A COVER.

UPDATE: 2019? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I NEED THIS BOOK NOW. BLOODWITCH. AEDUAN. AEDUAN AND ISEULT. I NEED ANSWERS.
Beatrice in Bookland
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Te varuje.
I trust you as if my soul were yours.”

0.5. Sightwitch ★★★☆☆
1. Truthwitch ★★★★★
2. Windwitch ★★★★★

Just read the quote. I get teary eyed everytime I think about that scene so that should be enough to convince you to read Bloodwitch :))))
Mayim de Vries
Feb 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
*crying* I don’t think I care for this series anymore. Am I no longer YA? Has adulting finally caught up with me? *enters the gawping maw of self-doubt and existential crises*

The whole Witchlands series has been my guilty pleasure. No surprise then that this book has been one of the most anticipated releases in 2019. As I enjoyed the whole series immensely, maybe even more than I should, the prospect of an instalment with Aeduan at the story’s focal point made me nearly giddy because of the anti
Taylor
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“He was caught, like the man from the tale who wanted to feed his family during a blizzard, but could not bear to kill the lamb. In the end, everyone died of starvation, including the lamb. For Lady Fate makes all men choose eventually. Even Bloodwitches.”

...

If you've read my previous reviews for the first couple books in The Witchlands, you'll know that I wasn't a super-fan of this series. I liked it, but wasn't amorously invested or particularly attached to most of the characters.

That has chan
Katerina
Oct 20, 2017 marked it as to-read
2019? 2019????

2019???????

THAT's how long I'll have to wait for Merik and Safi to reunite??

Sabrina
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
HOLY FUCK.
I'M DEAD.

THINGS WHEN DOWN IN THIS ONE. I’ll tell you that.
MY HEART NEEDS MORE.

”Te varuje.
I trust you as if my soul were yours.”

This was a beautifully crafted sequel. I have no complaints. This was more than I could have expected.
Looking extremely forward for the next books in this series.

If you have not picked this book/series yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Alexandra Elend Wolf
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, fantasy
"He was born a monster, he will die a monster, and monsters do not get to have Friends."

Emotional and darker than ever before Bloodwitch is a worth it sequeal to this wonderfully complicated and increseasingly twisted world.

Bloodwitch centers its story, as the title suggests, in my precious Aeduan. And boy did I appreciate that.

We get several flashbacks and fill-ins in the story of the best Bloodwitch, while also seeing his progress in his mission to get Owl back to her family.

Of co
Tara ☽
~4.5 Stars~

Ladies, gentlemen, and variations thereupon, it is official: Susan Dennard is the modern queen of worldbuilding. It's seriously been a long while since I've read a book series with such sophisticated and nuanced worldbuilding, where each instalment - practically each chapter - constantly builds upon the world and story in such layered and deft ways. I am honestly enraptured by the world Ms Dennard has created - The Witchlands deserves to go down in history as one of the most legen
Deborah Obida
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Bloodwitch is exactly what I expected even though I'd rather it exceeds my expectations I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.

When power was at play, lies grew thick as weeds and the liars beneath them flourished.

The events in Bloodwitch happened two weeks after Windwitch, it was repeated so much it became annoying, all the characters were just saying it. This book is diverse, action packed, well depicted fight scenes, strong female characters and the adults in this book are just the worst, just on
Cindy ✩☽♔
Jan 10, 2017 marked it as to-read
10/31/18
Alright, finally finished the second book and all I can say is I hope, like the synopsis, this book is mostly about Aeduan and Iseult because I love them.
---
9/30/18
Wait, the release date was pushed back again!? Ugh
January 8th —> February 12th
9/21/18
Okay, so everyone on here probably knows by now I generally don’t like cover models, but you know what? I like this cover. I don’t know what it is but this just somehow works for me. I still need to finish the second book, but I already kne
❄️Nani❄️
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
My discontent with this book has nothing to do with the actual book itself, rather, well, let’s just say that really shouldn’t have read it at this moment in time.
This was supposed to be one of my most anticipated releases of the year and I’ve already forgotten everything.

Sara
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A book all about my favourite character from this series? Yes please.
I LOVED this!
Jade Ratley
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series SO MUCH. This book was everything I needed and my heart is so full.
I loved all of the characters, as usual, all of the plots and how they weave together. The writing is entrancing. The world is so captivating. The political intrigue has me hooked and on the edge of my seat at every turn. I love it. So much.
Shanna Hughes
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SPOILER-FREE!

Bloodwitch isn’t a good book. It’s phenomenal. It’s fast-paced yet balanced, full of action while never forgetting emotion, and just an amazing adventure all around.

For a while now, I’ve been looking for a fantasy book that would sweep me off my feet. A story I could get lost in. A book I didn’t want to put down.

I found all of this in Bloodwitch.

I find that many series lose their spark as they progress. This one does the exact opposite. In Truthwitch, we got to know Safi and Iseul
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Trigger warning: animal death (page 283), violence (child & mother)

It's been so long since I've read Truthwitch and Windwitch that it dampened my enjoyment of this book, because I couldn't remember anything that I had happened. I'm glad I read Sightwitch though because seeing Ryber in this book was awesome, even though her involvement was limited.

Loved hearing more from Aeduan's perspective and finding out about his past, he's definitely a complex character. I also loved seeing what had happene
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
2.5 Stars

If I’m being honest, I feel like this series all kinda blends together and not a lot has happened. Yes the characters are in different places physically, but I feel like they’re still all the same (except for Merrik) and I don’t really feel like I know them. Or maybe I’m just not connecting with the characters, so I’m not invested even if there was a plot. I don’t know.

I was excited to read Bloodwitch, because I did enjoy Windwitch more than Truthwitch and I desperately want to fall in
Travis
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow was this ever a "bloody" great sequel. Bloodwitch was well worth the wait and then some. Susan has created such a magnificent and complex world and it felt so great to be back with my children.

Bloodwitch picks up 2 weeks after the events of Windwitch. The story remains the same and there is really nothing more I can say without spoiling the rest of the books. The politics of the book are still as strong as ever and I believe even more so in this installment. The great thing so far about the
Henni Ro
Edit: Jan 10th 2017:
Susan Dennnard's Twitter status announcing the title of Book 3

TITLE: BLOODWITCH
Book: Aeduan's
me: dead

[I am already loving this book, Aeduan is my favourite character, but I don't want to wait another year for this ... aaaghhh]
Fares
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it

I keep saying this with every book in the series but it's very true!
Not much action, good character development and I'm left confused on how I feel!
I think the reason for that is from book 1 there's a promise of war that will start soon but we don't see much of it and I'm honestly a bit sad bc I want to see more of the magic system in fights! We're at the last parts of this series and for me something big enough should've happened by now in this world.

But I'm happy with the characters i
Alison♊⚜️✨
“He was born a monster, he will die a monster, and monsters do not get to have friends.”

I'm agreeing with everyone here: This is genuinely the best book out of the current 3.
To be honest, I was skimming through a lot of the previous books, but here I found myself doing much less of that.

But OMG, that ending. Dennard, I hate you, how dare you do this to me. Now I have to wait at least another year, agh....
Lou
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bloodwitch, the third book in the Witchlands series, is the best of the series so far and one of Dennard's most stunning novels to date. It has a little something for every fantasy fan, and it's crystal clear exactly how talented the author is. Her glorious worldbuilding can rival anyone's, her characters flawed, real and unforgettable had my heart from the very beginning, and the plot is captivating and adventurous. There are so many twists and turns in the plot that I almost thought I was read ...more
Scrill
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
September 21, 2018
OH MY GOSH. I JUST SAW THE SNEAK PEEK OF THE COVER AND I AM COMPLETELY FLOORED, AHHHHHH ITS SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!

Well there you have it. It's only 8/30/2107 and I have to create my 2019 to read shelf because the release date on this got pushed back. WHHHHYYY.

Hayley
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was everything I wanted and more.

The last 30 pages were BURSTING with the amount of twists that I’m still in shock and denial at what has happened.

Dennard knows how to write angst and female friendships PERFECTLY.

How in the MOTHER-LOVING HELL am I supposed to wait until 2020 FOR THE NEXT BOOK?!?!?!?!

RTC when or if my brain cell can process this book into words.
Connor
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
[4.5 Stars]
Woah, it has been a pretty large chunk of time since I had read the second book in the series, and I did not remember this story being on such a large scale. I loved it! All of the characters are forced to grow and struggle so much in this book that it was really satisfying when I reached the end of the novel.

I liked the amount of point of view we got from Vaness and Vivia. I honestly found them just as compelling as any of the main four we've been following. The political struggles
Vestacito
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy, arc
Bloodwitch is the stunning new installment in Susan Dennard's NEW YORK TIMES bestselling Witchlands series. While admittedly, the first two and a half books in the series have been solid reads, Susan Dennard pulled out all the stops in her newest book.

Picking up where Windwitch left off, Bloodwitch follows the ensemble cast introduced in the series with a focus on Aeduan. Characters in this book get significant and well-deserved character development, especially one of my new favourites, Vivia.
YA Buddy Readers'...: Bloodwitch (The Witchlands #3) by Susan Dennard - Starting Feb 14th 2020 59 41 Feb 24, 2020 10:35AM
Bookish First Rea...: Bloodwitch by Susan Dennard 2 5 Oct 22, 2019 11:59AM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Dennard - Bloodwitch [February 19, 2019] 36 77 Mar 03, 2019 12:00AM
#WitchlandsJanuary: Bloodwitch Theories 1 33 Dec 09, 2018 09:19AM
Bloddwitch 1 27 Mar 12, 2017 08:04AM
Susan Dennard has come a long way from small-town Georgia. With a masters degree in marine biology, she got to travel the world—six out of seven continents, to be exact (she’ll get to Asia one of these days!)—before she settled down as a full-time novelist and writing instructor.

She is the author of the New York Times bestselling Witchlands series as well as the Something Strange & Deadly series.

• Sorcery of Thorns
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Need another excuse to go to the bookstore this week? We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the day. To create our list...
“I trust you as if my soul were yours.” 23 likes
“From the day she had stabbed Aeduan in the heart, that heart had become hers—and she would not let this be his end.” 22 likes