Start by marking “Ship of Smoke and Steel” as Want to Read:
Ship of Smoke and Steel

Ship of Smoke and Steel

(The Wells of Sorcery #1)

“Fit for the big screen.” —Morgan Rhodes, NYT bestselling author of Falling Kingdoms

Ship of Smoke and Steel is the launch of a cinematic, action-packed epic fantasy trilogy for fans of Leigh Bardugo and The Legend of Korra.

In the lower wards of Kahnzoka, the great port city of the Blessed Empire, eighteen-year-old ward boss Isoka comes to collect when there's money owing.
Expected publication: January 22nd 2019 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Ship of Smoke and Steel, please sign up.
Janet Martin Don't worry about the title--much of the time, it's generated by the publisher based on focus groups. In this case, it doesn't have much to do with…moreDon't worry about the title--much of the time, it's generated by the publisher based on focus groups. In this case, it doesn't have much to do with the plot. It's a really good book(less)

Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
I'm super pumped for this! From the cover art, the protagonist looks Asian so doubly excited.

Sidenote: The cover is oddly reminiscent of Throne of Glass though
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
*trembles with anticipation*
Morgan Blanch
Jul 15, 2018 marked it as lost-interest  ·  review of another edition
Just saw this book pop up on my timeline and

well

I thought the cover looked a little familiar

SoSaS coverToG cover
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)
Super interesting and unique concept. However, there were some things that pissed me off - namely, about the main character, which I'll explain when I post a real review. I didn't care about any of the other characters, either. Also I just want to say: I gagged a little bit every time "rutting" was used in place of "having sex." Just say "fucking," for crying out loud. It would sound much better than "Would you like to go in the other room and rut?"

That's romantic, right there. (And yes, that is
Janet Martin
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Snatched from the streets of the ward she controls, Isoka is sent to a mysterious ship that demands tribute from her city--tribute of magically talented teenagers. Once on the prison ship, she tries to work herself into a position of control, the price to free her sister from a death sentence. Well plotted, interesting characters, and a constantly changing environment. Terrific start to a new series for older teens and adults due to violence and sexual content--not for those 11-13 yr olds that s ...more
Fae Crate
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this book was AMAZING. Magic, well developed lead characters, complex world and systems. You name it, this book has it. AND THE COVER ART. I could frame it it's so beautiful. Ya'll know I'm all about the cover buys. This book is a must read.
Christen (GoldiloxReads and Whimsify)
THIS. BOOK. OMG. This is the most action I've read in a fantasy book in a long time. The magical system is amazing and creative and the diversity is plentiful. I absolutely adored this book and I am going to go hunt down every last book by this author now.
Luna✮MyOwnBookAdventures✮
Ship of Smoke and Steel is the launch of a cinematic, action-packed epic fantasy trilogy for fans of Leigh Bardugo and The Legend of Korra.

Insta buy right there.
Also that cover is looking badass😍
Stephanie L (catteabooks)
Umm so the cover of this book probably falls between Darkdawn and Monstress in terms of female badassery.

Plus, IS SHE ASIAN?! If so, hells to the yeah
Naomi
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! One of my new favorite authors!!
Iany Mcgrawn
JT
Mar 25, 2017
Mar 26, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Create a Series 2 15 Mar 20, 2017 03:23PM
Django Wexler graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh with degrees in creative writing and computer science, and worked for the university in artificial intelligence research. Eventually he migrated to Microsoft in Seattle, where he now lives with two cats and a teetering mountain of books. When not planning Shadow Campaigns, he wrangles computers, paints tiny soldiers, and plays g ...more

The Wells of Sorcery (3 books)
  • Untitled (The Wells of Sorcery #2)
  • Untitled (The Wells of Sorcery #3)