Start by marking “A Palm Beach Wife” as Want to Read:
A Palm Beach Wife

A Palm Beach Wife

Amid the glamour and galas and parties of Palm Beach, Faith knows that image often counts as much if not more than reality. She glides effortlessly among the highest of the high society so perfectly
Published April 9th 2019 by St. Martin's Griffin

Start your review of A Palm Beach Wife
Kendall
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A Palm Beach Wife had SO much potential!!!

Let me start off by saying how much I love this cover! I think this is what grabbed my initial attention and to hit that request button on netgalley.

Welcome to the world of Palm Beach... with the high price tags, glorious high rise dinners, and a life for the kings and queens at it's finest.

Well.... I was initially intrigued by this storyline... but there was a lot of name dropping bombs overload here. I wasn't familiar with the designers and this just
Elizabeth
Apr 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
A Palm Beach Wife should be a great summer read but it lands with a thud.

One problem is that it's very aware of all the designer clothes, accessories, home furnishings and even the ingredients of things like kale salad. This is fine if you're interested in reading nonstop label names and their retail value. The problem is that there's just nothing beyond non-stop label names and pricing.

The other, bigger problem is this: the main character, Faith is about as substantial as a wet kleenex. She
Eva • All Books Considered
I’m so mad I wasted my time finishing this
Lisa Leone-campbell
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Palm Beach Wife is about the Harrison family. Edward a successful businessman, Faith his loyal wife with a little business on the side to keep her busy and Katherine their beloved daughter who is getting ready to go to graduate school. But it is also about what happens when you lose everything you have but in the process find everything you have ever needed.

Living the Palm Beach lifestyle seems like it would be heaven, but in reality the anxiety of always being on and never making a mistake
Melissa Borsey
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Faith is living the good life in Palm Beach where she lives, works, and parties among the wealthy. At a gala event that is being chaired solely by Faith, her husband informs her that he has made some bad investments and their personal wealth has been depleted-they are broke. As her husband begins to break down, Faith is left with the task of trying to find enough money to help pay off their debts while trying to keep her store and hopefully her home. A good, dramatic read. I thank Netgalley for ...more
🌈⭐️RoseOfRainbows⭐️🌈💕
Rich woman from poor upbringing gets to the pinnacle of society just to lose everything and find out she's in a loveless marriage. That's the basis of this book. I feel like it's gonna fall into the "tell me something I don't know" category for me. Like, one could only imagine that this might happen at some point sometimes. The main character is so out of touch with everywhere and everyone but what's happening in Palm Beach that it's almost unbearable as a read. It's got a very seen it before, ...more
Hristina
This book wasn't for me.
I really like the writing, it flows well and it's easy to read. But I didn't connect to the characters and the setting. I found the whole name dropping to be a bit annoying, and I absolutely could not stand the way Edward treated his wife, for me, it took away from the story.

*Copy received through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
*Rating: 2/5 stars
Jane
Thanks to Chick Lit Central (Melissa A.) and St. Martin's Press for this book.

A definite name-dropper in designers in this book on every page but what else do you expect when a rich woman lives in Palm Beach? Faith is one of these rare women who lives in Palm Beach, has her own Vintage consignment shop, selling high end jewelry, bags to the rich and consigned from the rich women of Palm Beach.

This is is a book of the lives of her and her husband and daughter living in a rich world, going to
BookTrib.com
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Palm Beach, FL, is that tiny town nestled by the ocean north of Miami, seasonal home to the rich and richer. In A Palm Beach Wife (St. Martin’s Griffin), Susan Shapiro Barash, writing under the pen name Susannah Marren, delves into the status and tentative nature of the idealized lifestyle while focusing on a heroine who must find the balance between rejecting and embracing it all to succeed.

Megan Leprich
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thank you so much to St. Martins Press and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I was so intrigued by this book at first mainly due to the cover. It's absolutely gorgeous and after reading the synopsis of this book I thought it sounded really good, it had potential. But then it really fell flat for me.

Faith and Edward are very wealthy and living a great life with their rich friends in Palm Beach. They have multiple vacation homes all over the
Cynthia
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-reviews
In A Palm Beach Wife by Susannah Marren, secrets and lies are revealed. There was so much gossip and friendship based on looks and money. Faith owns a Vintage consignment clothing store where her so called friends drop off items such as $20,000 handbags, $500 scarves and shoes that can cost way more than a monthly mortgage payment. Faith discovers one evening that her husband Edward has lost all of their money and Faith must now struggle to keep up the facade of carefree wealth. What follows is ...more
Zachary Torkos
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What can one say about Palm Beach? It is gossipy, wealthy, beautiful, and it is a high society haven. A Palm Beach Wife is a wonderful and intriguing novel that examines the inner circles of Palm Beach, Florida. Susannah Marren eloquently writes about a family who goes through the ultimate conflict a family could experience in such a town. Through financial ruin, drug abuse, and deep running secrets see where this family ends up. This is an engrossing novel that is written with grace. Take it to ...more
Jen
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Palm Beach socialite Faith is at a high society gala when her husband whispers in her ear “The money is gone”. They are flat broke after some bad investments and Faith is desperate to keep it under wraps and keep her social standing. Faith has fought hard to get this life and she will fight hard to keep it. This novel is rich in fashion names and behind-the-curtain peeks into high society. Truthfully, I’m not sure I was the intended audience for this book as I’m not a fashion maven. I found the ...more
Reading Mama
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Goodreads Blurb: "For readers of Elin Hilderbrand, Susannah Marren's A Palm Beach Wife is a delicious and irresistible commercial novel set among the high society galas and gossip of Palm Beach."

(#partner) What I liked about this book: The storyline was intriguing enough- a wealthy family who has it all suddenly find themselves flat broke. There was a certain luxury to the story, and it was full of fashion, labels, and extravagance. It was a peak into how the rich and famous live. Faith, the
BookGypsy
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Set amoung the high society of Palm Beach we find Faith. Who fits in perfectly with all the glitz. Until her Husband Edward makes bad investments and she finds out their money is gone. With so much to lose Faith fights to hold on to her social standing. I enjoyed this story but with all the designers and name dropping it kind of falls flat some for me.
Dawnny-BookGypsy
Novels N Latte Blog
Hudson Valley NY
Michelle
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story about a very strong character named Faith. She came from nothing, she got more than she ever wanted and then she lost it all and had to dig herself out.

Faith is used to a life filled with fancy parties and designer clothes. She has several vacation homes and a very wealthy husband. But she doesn’t take it for granted and she doesn’t need it either.
One day her husband says he’s lost everything. Everything to the tune of 30 million dollars.
Does Faith leave him? Does
Jypsy
Jan 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
I found A Palm Beach Wife to be basically typical of this genre. I had hoped for more development of plot and characters, but I didn't connect with the story in the end. It's an okay predictable read.
CloudOfThoughts_Books Keirstin
A Palm Beach aside by author Susannah Marren is a fun read. Big little lies slash suspense. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a light hearted read.
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an arc copy of The Palm Beach Wife in exchange for an honest review.
Lauren
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a perfect beach read. Very cotton candy fluffy with characters that I was never really sure if I liked or loves to hate. There are enough twists and turns to keep the story interesting.
Luke Monley
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was expecting a fun summer read. Turned into a bummer with the wife as a doormat. Boo.
Bren
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it
review to follow soon.

Everything is so..pink! I LOVE the cover art. Usually once I am done with a book I give it to a friend but in this case I do not know if I can bare to part with the book only because the cover is so pretty and PINK. I love it!

So I am a huge Florida fan. I have spent time in all the areas featured in the book. Palm Beach is indeed beautiful. In fact one of the first times I was there I remember thinking: "do these people ever SWEAT"? Everyone just looks so picture
Ashley Marshall
Jul 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Couldn't get through the first half.
Jennifer Mitchell
In Palm Beach, image is everything and no one knows this more than Faith. Having moved to Palm Beach at a young age, Faith has built a life around becoming a perfect member of high society and the perfect wife and mother. But what happens when the life she built is suddenly flipped upside down? Will she do what is best for her family or what is best for her image?

Here's what I liked about this story: When you take away all the glitz and glamour, Faith is a strong woman. She survived plenty of
Kelly
Jan 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: giveaways
I tried to find something redeeming about this book, but I'm still struggling. If this hadn't have been a giveaway to give a review on, I probably wouldn't have finished it all. These people are self absorbed. They are all style and no substance. They're more concerned about appearances and status than they are about being good human beings. When Faith's husband, Edward, tells her that they are out of money, she's more concerned about keeping her status in Palm Beach than about the deeper ...more
Shelley Hastreiter
May 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book. I really did. I was hoping it would be a fun, campy beach read for me to recommend to friends. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

The writing style was not my favorite. The writing was choppy and disjointed. I had a hard time following the storyline partly due to the writing style. Next, there was so much name dropping (which I get...it is Palm Beach and all) that, again, it was hard to follow the story.

There was quite a bit of topic jumping. New characters were
Oct 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
At first glance, this book appeared to be right up my alley. The blurb had me excited and I was so happy to win a copy on the Goodreads Giveaway. Unfortunately, I had a very hard time getting through it ~ the writing style was just not for me. I kept telling myself that maybe it was because the book was an uncorrected proof, but I just couldn't finish it.
Cynthia
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I had the opportunity to read A Palm Beach Wife through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Since I live here (just north of Palm Beach) I couldn’t wait to read this. I thought it would be a fun romp of a book about the lives of the rich and fairly anonymous that live the lives that I can’t even imagine in all those incredible homes and shop in the amazing shops along Worth Avenue in West Palm. The book certainly delivered on all of that.

Faith and Edward Harrison are the perfect wealthy
Heather
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. I received A Palm Beach Wife in exchange for a review. For full review, please visit: https://bookclubchat.com/books/review...

A Palm Beach Wife by Susannah Marren features a vivid setting of Palm Beach with plenty of secrets and gossip. If you like the Real Housewives franchise on Bravo, you’ll definitely enjoy this one!

The story follows Faith, a mother, wife and owner of a consignment store in Palm Beach, Fla. With her secret past long behind her, Faith has almost completely
Shopmom
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bridget Lusky
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
A Palm Beach Wife is really the story of a woman whose lifestyle is threatened by her husband's bad choices. She learns her true strength by picking up after the mess he has made. There are some great parts of this book. I love her relationship with her best friend, Eve, and the way that Faith (our protagonist), runs her business and maintains the social side of her lifestyle. I think a lot of stories that focus on wealthy lifestyles portray all women as being housewives with a cleaning staff ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »