Start by marking “I Want to Eat Your Pancreas (Manga)” as Want to Read:
I Want to Eat Your Pancreas (Manga)

I Want to Eat Your Pancreas

(Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai #1-2)

The manga version of the coming-of-age tearjerker that inspired two films!

Also known as Let Me Eat Your Pancreas, this deeply moving first-person story is about a high school boy who finds the diary of his classmate—and discovers that she’s dying. Yamauchi Sakura has been silently suffering from a pancreatic disease in school, and now exactly one person outside her family
Published January 22nd 2019 by Seven Seas

To ask other readers questions about I Want to Eat Your Pancreas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Want to Eat Your Pancreas

Kate
5/5stars

I’m not crying you’re crying ?????

Who knew the random manga with a weird name I picked up on a whim would be this fucking wonderful and powerful omfg I actually cried
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

In the complete manga collection of I Want to Eat Your Pancreas we meet Yamauchi Sakura who has been silently suffering from a pancreatic disease in school. When she loses her journal she suddenly decides to share her situation with the bookworm boy from her class who finds it. A friendship buds and flowers as these opposites attract slowly learn from one another. At first you think this is just another story about death and grief... but its so
Lauren
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
My goodness - that was sad!

RTC
Café de Tinta
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ay, qué llorera más tonta.
Rod Brown
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A manga version of The Fault in Our Stars, wherein our introverted protagonist discovers his classmate's secret - she has a terminal disease with possibly only a year or so to live. It's long on schoolboy fantasy with the quiet, thoughtful lad being drawn out of his shell and away from his books by the attractive and outgoing girl, but it plays out so sweetly I was quite won over.

(view spoiler)
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

Ok, like...I knew what was going to happen from the beginning but...wow this really got me.

This was cute, beautiful and sad and so much more. This story was definitely not as straightforward as the description makes it seem.

The only downfall were the final 2 chapters, they felt a little rushed and some parts felt slightly unneeded, but man oh man, this was another good one.

If you like Orange or Your Name...this is another manga that you should read ASAP.
Asia B.
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dopo aver visto il film d’animazione, il live action e letto il manga, posso dire di aver visto tutte le sfaccettature di questa opera e averla potuta apprezzare a pieno. I vari livelli del loro rapporto (dall’amicizia, all’amore, alla metafora per la vita sociale) sono ognuno scelto e reso al meglio in ciascuna opera, e in tutti i casi la storia risulta splendida, valida e toccante. Manca il libro, introvabile in Italia.
Natasya Wiah
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
#1/20 #2019 #3/5
My first book in January 2019. Since i already have a work, its hard for me to read now. But i have manage to find my time to read, thank god.
Haylee
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Would it be okay if I cried now?
Becky Van Daniker
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
This was adorable! Full review coming soon.
Jenn Blackthorn
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leí esto bc va a salir la película y la sinopsis se me hizo algo tipo, shigatsu wa kimi no uso, y dije sobres osea me va a doler but puedo superar a otra Kaori ya pasó una vez, además el weon este ya sabe que se va a morir no puede ser tan malo como la mentirota en abril ¿verdad? ¿VERDAD?!!! MENTIRA! Estos weones como que se van superando en historias sads y si tú te pinches preparas para algo sad te lo multiplican x23 y te lo avientan a la gta para que sofras SOFRAS! Pinshes todos.
Lo amé alch
Annika
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
So I found out about this by walking around Barnes and Nobles and I saw the wack-ass title and thought, "Sounds like it's about zombies, but the cover shows nothing about zombies. I must find out what's up."
It also sounds highkey cannibalistic, but worry not! No human pancreai (because pancreas' is stupid) were consumed in this book. There's more explanation in the book, but from what I remember (I read this really fast so I don't remember much), it was part of an old belief or an old saying.

On
Connie
I was going to rate this 3 stars and then I got to page 340 and didn't stop crying and I couldn't rate it anything other than a five. There's a bit in this that completely came out of nowhere, even though I made a passing comment about it earlier in the manga, and I honestly can't believe how much it managed to blindside me. I had to put this down for several hours just so I could cope.

This is really beautiful. Above all it's about finding love, not in a romantic way, but in a true form of frie
Doc
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dying to get to know you.

Rated Teen this sounds like a strange tale of cannibalism but in reality is a story about a girl with a pancreatic disorder that has numbered her days and a boy that doesn't know how to have friends making an important connection. Prepare your heart as two young people with many differences find a common balance in the secret they both share. So yeah this story has death, alcohol consumption, some violence, and some moments that could have lead to sexual encounters thoug
Erin
May 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm not the strongest Manga reader, but this read very easy for me. It's a high 2 and for MOST of the story I really liked it. However, there was just one scene that really bothered me and totally skewed me being able to give it a higher rating. It could possibly be a Japanese thing, however, I would certainly hope not bc this action should not be okay in any country.
Tar Buendía
Precioso, aunque demasiado largo para mi gusto.

No os lo recomiendo si sois sensibles y no os apetece llorar, porque vais a hacerlo.
Halley Hopson
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

This is a very solid and emotional story despite its weird English translation of a title. The plot twist for sure got me, I was not expecting it at all 😦
Shreyes Madgaonkar
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shea
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m crying
Lara
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recogiendo el testigo argumental de uno de los best sellers dentro del género Young Adult (Bajo La Misma Estrella), Quiero Comerme Tu Páncreas repite la fórmula de protagonista-adolescente-enferma-de-cáncer para adentrarnos en un relato sobre la importancia de aprovechar el momento y conducirnos a un final inesperado que trata de acabar con los clichés que normalmente encontramos en este tipo de historias.
Dine
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, manga, 2019
Wirklich schöne, wenn auch traurige Geschichte.

Teil 2
Jetzt ergibt auch endlich alles Sinn. Aber die Story ist zu tiefst traurig :'(
Hatlogo
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I tell you! I have dust in my eyes!
Vicki
"We've all wound up where we are because of the decisions we've made. All the choices you've made in your life, and all the choices I've made, are why we met that way. [...] We can't even chalk it up to fate or something. We met each other because that's where our choices led us."

I knew I was going to cry. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.

And because I'm a glutton for punishment, I read this anyway, and I regret nothing.

It was the title that first caught my attention, as it is a very "WTF?" kind
Heather
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, own
I recently saw the emotional train wreck that is this movie; I damn near cried in a theater full of other sniffling otaku and don't regret a damn thing. Being I was so invested in seeing the movie and hadn't read the light novel, I waited to read the manga until after I saw the movie; I didn't want to spend the time comparing film and book like I'm often guilty of doing. The movie was amazing, if you haven't seen it you need to. Now, on to the manga.

Having seen the movie I don't think this manga
Chelsea Kelly
3.5/5: ‘I Want to Eat Your Pancreas’ is a Young Adult, Realistic Coming-of-Age Manga by Yoru Sumino and translated by Beni Axia Conrad; Yamauchi Sakura is silently suffering from a pancreatic disease, one that is shortly to kill her – an un-named classmate discovers Sakura’s diary and becomes the one person outside her family to know of her condition. The two have little in common but find themselves drawn to each other in Sakura’s final months. Sumino uses the theme of ‘chance versus fate’, the ...more
Felicia Womack
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Javier Pavía
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
2,5

Esperaba más. Más llorera, sobre todo, porque aquí sabes a lo que vienes. Después de Angel Beats! y Your lie in april me lancé a este manga en busca de más caña, porque un buen manga de llorar es algo maravilloso y a veces está bien fastidiarte una tarde hecho una bola en el sofá pensando que nada tiene sentido. Quiero comerme tu páncreas parecía el siguiente escalón lógico en las historias que te dejan el "kokoro" hecho trizas.

Y todo el comienzo del manga es precisamente eso, lo que necesit
Sara
This book reminded me so much of Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 1, mostly because of similar themes of death, friendship, and student life. It's crazy that this book managed to still hold a twist, despite knowing from the very beginning that Sakura has a terminal illness. Sumino still manages to surprise the reader.

It's a heart-breaking, but also extremely touching story. I love the gentleness of it and the building of friendships that occur within it. There's a quiet strength radiatin
Lee
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mariam
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The title seems weird but lies in the pages of this manga is a poignant tale about learning to live, opening yourself up to others and being yourself. This is the story of a girl who is dying and decides to only tell one person other than her family about her prognosis. As she starts to open up to this boy, who is shy and has no other friends, she starts to embody the fact that he doesn't care what other people think about him. As the boy and girl draw closer he starts to realize how important s ...more
Panels Book Club: I Want to Eat Your Pancreas 3 18 Mar 21, 2019 06:28PM
Panels Book Club: What We're Reading This February! 8 28 Feb 18, 2019 04:55PM

Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai (2 books)
  • Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai 1 (Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai  #1)
  • Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai 2 (Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai  #2)