Start by marking “Oathbringer Part One (The Stormlight Archive #3.1)” as Want to Read:
Oathbringer Part One (The Stormlight Archive #3.1)

Oathbringer Part One

(The Stormlight Archive #3, Part 1)

This volume is the first half of the novel OATHBRINGER. From the bestselling author who completed Robert Jordan's epic Wheel of Time series comes a new, original creation that matches anything else in modern fantasy for epic scope, thrilling imagination, superb characters and sheer addictiveness. In Oathbringer, the third volume of the New York Times bestselling Stormlight ...more
Published October 30th 2018 by Gollancz (first published November 14th 2017)

Start your review of Oathbringer Part One (The Stormlight Archive #3.1)
Mishaal
Jun 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
This took me longer to finish compared to the other books in the series, it’s a little slow paced and I had to keep myself going to get to the finish line!
There is some story development but not as much as I wanted, sadly! The ending chapters however got me going and I couldn’t put the book down! So now I have to get on to the next part since I’m left with many questions!!!!
Jonathan O'Neill
Review of 'Oathbringer (Parts 1 and 2)' here. ...more
Dannii Elle
This is the first part of the third book in The Stormlight Archive series.

The human race has been geographically scattered, struggling to survive let alone advance, and involved in continual skirmishes with many enemies for some time, but now a new foe has appeared that puts their continued existence in immediate danger. How can the humans unite and what strength will they find to overcome this mighty enemy, who seeks to permanently eradicate or enslave them?

It goes without saying at this point,
Beth
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
It feels like I’ve been reading this for the longest time... I guess this is what happens when you have a break from the series and it turns into pretty much a year. ANYWAY...

Not my favourite book of the series. But if Dalinar is your favourite character you’ll probably enjoy this more than I did.

I can tell you specifically why this was a 4 star read and not a 5, for me it felt slightly repetitive but then at the same time I completely missed things that weren’t obvious, I had to ring my brother
Oct 13, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5

This was really slow and I didn‘t feel like we made that much progress in the story or with the characters. Compared to the other phenomenal books in the series so far this was a bit disappointing, however I‘ll get right into the next one and hope it‘ll pick up.
Wye Peng
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 to 2.5 stars. Part one and part two of Oathbringer were quite a letdown compared to what I've come to expect after Way of Kings and Words of Radiance. I found it very slow-paced and uninteresting. Much of it seemed like filler material. Hoping the next half of the book is better. ...more
Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski
AMAZING!!! This is at least just as good as the previous ones in the series. I really don't have words to express how much I enjoyed this book. The characters evolve very nicely. The worldbuilding is just epic. The story line gets better and better and deeper as we go along. Since Iam reading the polish version which is cut into two parts iam only half way through and the second one is getting published in freakin april:(
Anyway truly epic 5 stars for Oathbringer. I can say so far that this is th
Chloe
Mar 03, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2022
I will write a review for the whole book on the second half at some point!
Jackson
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This will be a spoiler-free review of Oathbringer (Part 1) - the first half of Book 3 in The Stormlight Archive.

I shall start by saying that storms - was it good to be back on Roshar!
I finished Edgedancer almost a year ago now, so I needed a bit of a refresher going into this. It helped that one of my best friends has already read it and could remind me of what was going on at the end of WoR and what would be relevant going into Oathbringer.

I shall get this out the way now, because I know I
Alex_Neige
Nov 03, 2020 rated it liked it
3.75/5~

" 'Oh!' Pattern said, bursting up from the bowl to hover in the air. 'You were talking about mating! I'm to make sure you don't accidentally mate, as mating is forbidden by human society until you have first performed appropriate rituals! Yes, yes. Mmmmm. Dictates of custom require following certain patterns before you copulate. I've been studying this!'
'Oh, Stormfather,' Shallan said, covering her eyes with her freehand. A few shamespren even peeked in for a glimpse before vanishin
Literary Han
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, epic, magic, adult
This was probably closer to 4.5 stars

❤️💙❤️
Sid
Aug 19, 2022 rated it liked it
3.5/5

I was so excited while starting this because the POV for this book is from my favourite character in the series. I thought I'd have a blast.
Unfortunately, this book was so tough to get through. The pacing of the book was poorer than the other books in the series.
Although, i did enjoy the story, the pacing really killed it for me.
The last section of the book did pull through though. That was fun to read!
But, I'll be on pause reading BS books for a while. :/
Alex
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oathbringer has taken a slower pace than the previous two books. That being said it's still great. It's building up the world, history and characters and is deepening the rift between the two sides.

There's been some intriguing revelations and further development into the Knights Raidants and their powers, which I found particularly engaging.

I'm also glad we get to delve into Dalinar's backstory this time, as he's a much more developed, interesting character than I first thought. I always liked
Dan
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A reread for me in preparation for the fourth book. Brandon Sanderson is such a talented storyteller and Oathbringer Part One is just a masterpiece of a book. Interesting from start to finish and a splendid fantasy novel.
Riya
Jan 22, 2022 rated it really liked it
Removed review and added to compiled one on the Main Oathbringer title on goodreads
fae
Jun 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
'I have never gone to battle where some poor fools on either side - men who didn't want to be there in the first place - weren't going to bear the brunt of the pain.'
'Maybe,' Kaladin said, 'that should make you reconsider those other wars, rather than using them to justify this one.'

^ sooooo true bestie

4.5 stars but rounding up bc it's pride month. happy pride drehy

during most of this book i was just sitting here like jesse... what the fuck are you talking about... but things are starting to
Michelle (Witchy Books)
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
Whew the fist half of oathbringer is done. This book is mammoth. It's so good though. :)

Stars: ★★★★
Mizuki
Rating: 3. 5 stars.

I want to read the next volume and I like how the characters aren't always black and white, but.......there is a thing called 'too much world building' haha. So much world building and details and side characters, I really have my hands full! XD

PS: I read the Chinese translation of this book.
Freya
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
*chefs kiss*
Emmy
Mar 04, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean, adult, epic-fantasy
Boom! 5 stars...what a surprise, right ;)
I need a quick break, but can't wait to read book 2

Also...is Shallan slowly really losing it?

Sexual content: none
Coarse language: none
Violence and gore: moderate-extreme violence (erm..well, it's war time) though only mild-moderate gore and graphics
Sofija Kryž
Oct 18, 2020 rated it liked it
EDIT: Originally, I reviewed Part I of “Oathbringer” before I read Part II. And so, though unintentionally, I did not do Part I justice. I have now updated my review to amend for that.

When I started reading Part I of “Oathbringer”, I was quite excited. Spoilt by Sanderson’s detailed, almost OCD worldbuilding and complex characters going through highly painful inner transformations, I stuck glued to his work for the last couple of months. I was super excited about the new setting and secrets of R
Denille Ashley
Oct 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-tbr
Review to come once I finish Part 2!! A lot of new revelations in Oathbringer. Especially loved the Bridge four new points of view towards the latter part. Somehow reading about Rock, Skar, Teft and even Moash brought a sense of humanity and layers of empathy.

While Shallan is still pretty bad ass in this book, I think that her whining over irksome scribe work is pretty arrogant of her. Might just be me and not really liking this side of her character, but I recognize that despite her realizatio
Elin (Tickmicks bokblogg)
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars.
MS
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
First parts always get 4 starz (except "The Way of Kings", I would have given that 5 :D), but BSand sure knows how to inject some startling revelations right at the end.

On to Part 2 :3
charlotte,
Rep: bi mc with PTSD, mc with depression, gay side character with epilepsy
Ashwini Abhyankar
Nov 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
And that's done, finally. It took a while to get here because of work but onto the next one. ...more
Eoin
Oct 04, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Excellence! Shallan still reigns supreme.
S.K. Levy
3.5 stars.

This review is based on parts one and two.

Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson is the third instalment in the Stormlight Archive and I was really looking forward to reading book three after the first two blew my mind. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy Oathbringer as much as the first two books.

Likes:
- The world building is still insane and completely next level
- The last 200 pages were amazing - everything was brought together, the pace improved, the switching POVs gave a rounded view of wha
Courtney (bookplaces)
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Update: Finished Part 2 and it was incredible. I need Rhythm of War immediately.

I am going to wait until finishing part 2 to rate and review, but am really enjoying this one so far!😍
Shine Mathew
Apr 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Definitely on the slower side after the chaos and mayhem of the last book. But, it's a Stormlight book and I can never not like it. The Way of Kings was a Kaladin show through and through and Words of Radiance was all about Shallan. Oathbringer throws the limelight on Dalinar. Sanderson creates a wonderfully complex and tragic character with Dalinar. Character work is solid as always, but the part 1 has been mostly setup for the bigger things to follow in Part 2 (hopefully).

Kaladin was mostly si
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Cuda wianki. Nowe przygody rodziny Koźlaków (Klan Koźlaków, #2)
  • Malowany człowiek. Księga I (Demoniczny Cykl, #1A)
  • Otchłań. Księga I (Demoniczny Cykl, #5A)
  • Otchłań. Księga II (Demoniczny Cykl, #5B)
  • Words of Radiance: The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson -- Sidekick
  • Die Furcht des Weisen 2 (Die Königsmörder-Chronik, #2.2)
  • Bright Steel (Masters & Mages, #3)
  • Nagle trup
  • Powiernik
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 3
  • يوسفيات
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
  • The Fall (The Bound and the Broken, #0.5)
  • Celle que je suis, tome 2
  • Więcej czerwieni (Lipowo, #2)
  • Tron z czaszek. Księga II (Demoniczny Cykl, #4B)
See top shelves…
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S

The Stormlight Archive (10 books)
  • The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
  • Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)
  • Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #5)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #6)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #7)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #8)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #9)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #10)