Start by marking “Untouchable (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas, #3)” as Want to Read:
Untouchable (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas, #3)

Untouchable

(Cutler, Sutter, & Salinas #3)

A man's quest to find answers for those who are haunted by the past leads him deeper into the shadows in this electrifying novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Promise Not to Tell.

Quinton Zane is back.

Jack Lancaster, consultant to the FBI, has always been drawn to the coldest of cold cases, the kind that law enforcement either considers unsolvable or else ha
Published January 8th 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Untouchable, please sign up.
Gwendolyn Arizona Snow was a significant character in the Eclipse Bay trilogy, before her appearances in the Arcane Society novels.

Start your review of Untouchable (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas, #3)
Kat Valentine
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Once again Jayne Ann Krentz has written a fabulously entertaining read full of passion and intrigue and characters that are memorable and a storyline that flowed flawlessly from page to page. Krentz is a fantastic writer and her romantic suspense books are some of my favorite reads. In Untouchable we dive back in to her continuing series Culter,Sutter,&Salinas. Jack Lancaster is a dream walker who solves cold cases and all though he helps close cold cases and gets answers for others he still has ...more
Tim
May 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Lots of agonizing getting through this story. While this may be for others, it's not for me. 3 of 10 stars ...more
PamG
UNTOUCHABLE by Jayne Ann Krentz was an enjoyable romantic suspense novel and is the third book in the Sons of Anson Salinas series. This book worked as a standalone novel for me. Jack Lancaster and Winter Meadows are the protagonists in this story. Jack is the survivor of a fire that occurred when he was young and works on cold cases involving fire. Winter has recently moved to Eclipse Bay, Oregon to escape a stalker. Jack seeks some help from Winter who is working as a meditation therapist. Fro ...more
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This heart-pounding thriller had a bit of everything–a fast-paced plot, lucid dreams of a fire maze, a decades old mystery, a stone cold villain, and a dash of romance! I know of Jayne Ann Krentz (who doesn’t? She’s published so much and under more than one name!), but this is the first book of hers I’ve read. It is such a fun read!!! I can see why she’s so popular, and I look forward to reading more from her. Untouchable felt like watching a movie–I totally flew through it!

Reflection

I’m a bit b
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
3.5 stars!

Untouchable is my first book by Jayne Ann Krentz, and it’s the third book in an established series.

Jack Lancaster is a consultant to the FBI, and he loves the challenge of cold cases, especially ones involving arson, as he himself is a survivor of a horrendous fire. Jack is uniquely able to relate to a killer and that’s how he solves his crimes, but sometimes that reliability bleeds over into his personal life.

Jack seeks help for his “gift” from Winter Meadows, a meditation therapist
Berit☀️✨
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A riveting romantic suspense with a large dose of suspense and a dab of romance, that kept me on my toes!

Jayne Ann Krentz is a comfort read for me, I remember reading her ages ago... there are few authors I read both in my 20s and my 40s and JAK is one of them.... this is the third book in this series and the first book I read... from what I can tell each book is self-contained and about a different foster brother.... I think what I missed from not reading the previous books is the villain was n
♥Rachel♥
3.5 Stars

Jack Lancaster is one of the survivors of a barn fire set but cult-leader, Quinton Zane to murder all the member’s children twenty years ago. His mother died that night, one of the many women murdered by Zane that same night. Since then Jack and his foster brothers have been hunting Zane even though he disappeared and supposedly died in a yacht fire. In the last book it was clear the maniac is very much alive, and aware of their investigative efforts putting all the brothers in danger.
☕️Kimberly
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Jack Lancaster consults for the FBI and works with his step-brothers at Cutler, Sutter, & Salinas. Jack has an unusual gift. It is one that allows him to investigate cold cases.  It also makes him Quinton Zane biggest treat.

Winter Meadows, a meditation therapist has recently moved from the city after a bad experience with a client.  She rents the cottage across the way from Jack. I have always found her profession to be interesting and immediately liked Winter.

Jack uses a self-created dreamscape
Holly  B
Review to follow...
RachelW (BamaGal)
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
Ehhh, didn’t do anything for me. The first two books weren’t anything near great reads; but at least contained enough of the stamp of Krentz talent to be readable. This was borderline dull. Vague over-the-top plotline, rambling, and no trademark snappy dialogue. Even her favorite setting of Eclipse Bay got short shrift. I have a hard time believing JAK even wrote this.
Kate Douglas
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the final book in a trilogy, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The fact that Quinton Zane, the once murderous cult leader is still alive ratchets the suspense to another level, especially when he becomes more than just a character recalled through the memories of those whose lives he has affected. I really love the way JAK creates characters with talents that verge on the paranormal, but she does it without slipping over the line of what is and isn’t possible. (At least for readers like me w ...more
Maggie Boyd
Jan 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
I love urban fantasy and gothic mysteries, both of which combine magic and reality to create something enigmatic and mystical. There is a way to do it badly, however, and JAK excelled at that in this book.

Winter is an extraordinary hypnotist. Give her a beam of light and she can place anyone under her spell. Jack solves cold cases through lucid dreaming. He guides his subconscious as it works through the details of the case. Winter helps Jack use meditation to deepen and better control his luci
Kirsten
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick. Out of the 3 books in this particular trilogy this had the best romance element. The characters had great chemistry.

This author also had a couple of series with a paranormal element where the characters had psychic powers. This book had an element of that with the whole hypnosis/lucid dreaming element. I really liked that.

It is sad that this was probably only a trilogy, though I do wonder about AZ.
CD {Boulder Blvd}
1.5 stars rounded up because I had a hard time giving a 1 star to JAK. However, this ties for one of the worst books I've read this year. I almost DNF'd so many times but I did skim through huge sections to make it to the end. ...more
reeder (reviews)
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: hardcore JAK fans
Shelves: project-jak
A long time ago, when JAK wrote romance instead of romantic suspense, she published Witchcraft, about an ex-secret-operative vintner who fell in love with a writer of romantic suspense. The heroine in that book was a loner writing a series about a female PI who was a loner whose romantic interest was a loner who basically thought just like the female PI about all of life's important issues. (It drives the hero in Witchcraft crazy, btw. He feels like he's competing against an unrealistic fantasy ...more
One chapter more
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
A thrilling romantic novel that hypnotises its readers!

Finished in 2 days - it was such a quick and interesting finish to the three-part story about Quinton Zane. The hunter that was being hunted on.

Why did I take one star off? Ok, something small - but proving Jack's brilliance we knew with almost every page of the story what is going to happen, taking the suspense out. Also, I'd love if Winter's gift was used more - regardless of the code she lived through.

Other than the above, yet another gr
Bookphenomena (Micky)
I received this book in the post, I hadn’t requested it and I made the mistake of picking it up to see what the first few pages were like. It turned out that picking it up wasn’t a mistake because about 50 pages later I was fully immersed in the story.

UNTOUCHABLE is a romantic suspense, more thriller in my opinion with shades of the supernatural. In lots of ways this book was out of my comfort zone with themes of hypnotism and lucid dreaming but colour me surprised when I just went with the flow
Anna's Herding Cats
Untouchable was pretty good! I enjoyed the chase even if the final showdown was a spot anticlimactic.

The Gist: Jack uses his ability to lucid dream to help solve cold cases. But he's losing control of the ability with some scary outcomes and desperately needs help trying to harness his talent. A lovely new meditation specialist in town just might be his answer as long as he can keep her alive after a killer from Jack's past comes after him.

Jack and Winter were both nice characters. Easy to lik
Christina/ The Blog for Teachers, Readers, & Life!
This is the third part of a trilogy. This is a real page turner! I was on the edge of my seat!
Cheryl
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have not read the prior two novels in this series but I had no issues jumping right into this book. This book can be read as a stand alone novel. For me, I was not really experiencing the chemistry between Quinton and Jack. In fact, I found myself struggling to connect to the characters and thus in turn I could not connect with the story as well. It was not for a lack of effort as I did finish this book. However, I will say that I barely remember much details about what transpired within the p ...more
Chris Conley
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jayne Ann Krentz never disappoints!! Her stories are full of twists and turns and new revelations. I love her books. The resolution to this trilogy was most satisfying.
Mary
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good story. I really liked Jack and Winter. This is the third book in a trilogy and a good ending. I would recommend this book and the whole trilogy. JAK's books are easy reads and never disappoint. ...more
Sophia
Last year, I enjoyed the second book from this series (out of order, of course, because I do that sort of thing when a book grabs my interest), Promise Not to Tell. It was also only the second book I'd read by the author and I was riveted to that story. I could barely wait to read this one to see what came of that big reveal at the end of the book. The final book, the final foster brother, and the big bad villain is back!

Untouchable is book three in a series about a foster family, an evil cult l
Lark of The Bookwyrm's Hoard
Untouchable offers the high-octane romantic suspense I’ve come to expect from Jayne Ann Krentz, but less of the humor and snappy dialog that are also her hallmarks. The plot moves briskly, introducing complications from the very beginning. As the third book in a trilogy involving three brothers and the tragedy that left them orphans, I anticipated answers and closure to the mystery that has haunted all three, and Krentz gave me both.

Neither the hero and the heroine struck me as particu
*The Angry Reader*
***ARC received for an honest review***

I don't think this was just a case of poor timing. This book simply did not go down well. First and foremost, what happened to all of the contractions? It's disconcerting to read "I will not" or "she did not" or "he is on his way." At some points I would say the sentence out loud to feel how foreign and jerky it was on my tongue.

Second, the characters didn't evolve beyond the shallowest ideas of themselves. I don't know why they did what the did - and if we
farmwifetwo
Huh??? Not at all like the first 2 in the series. No character growth. The bad guy took too many pgs, too many bad guys, and it made no sense why he wanted them dead nor why the elaborate plots with Winter.

She did the lucid dreaming before but this one was too simple and too easy.

I just wasn't impressed. Nothing big, just little bits and pieces that added up.

2 stars because I finished it.
Sheila Melo
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
FINAL DECISION: A nice read, but not particularly memorable. I wanted something more between the main characters who seemed to have no obstacles in their relationship beyond external. The second half of the book was definitely better than the first half. I wanted to like this story more than I actually did. A good read, but I won't be thinking about it as a re-read.

THE STORY: Jack Lancaster has turned his investigative talents to solving cold cases. Because of his past, he is especially intrigue
Kimberly
3.5 stars - Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Foster brothers Jack Lancaster, Max Cutler, and Cabot Sutter were all raised in a cult until one hellish night when cult leader Quinton Zane burned down the compound, leaving them orphans. Supposedly Zane died years ago, but Jack, Max, Cabot, and their rescuer/foster father, Anson Salinas, know better. After years of chasing shadows, the man behind their trauma is within their grasp…if they can survive his machinations. Because Zane is tired of hiding, and
BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Highly satisfying end to this romantic suspense trilogy! The third foster brother, Jack Lancaster is up front and center with his story. I loved Jack. Jack, like his foster brothers, is an honourable man with a traumatizing past. What I loved most about Jack is how impressive his minds works. The constant answers with probability both amused and charmed me. His unique way to figure out issues through lucid dreaming appeals to me. As a person who both lucid dreams and at times solves issues throu ...more
Hannah
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

Book three of the Cutler, Sutter, and Salinas series this book is the conclusion to the guys past. This could be read as a standalone their history is explained in each book with the main character personal history as the focus but to get the full effect of hatred these guys have for Quinten Zane I would recommend reading all the books. I have been a fan of JAK for years now so I’m no stranger to Burning Cove or Jack and Winter’s landlady, Arizona Snow, I was so happy to see her.

Jack

• Tightrope (Burning Cove, #3)
  • Close Up (Burning Cove #4)
  • The Other Lady Vanishes (Burning Cove, #2)
  • The Girl Who Knew Too Much (Burning Cove, #1)
  • Midnight Crystal (Ghost Hunters, #7; Arcane Society #9; Dreamlight Trilogy #3)
  • What Doesn't Kill Her (Cape Charade, #2)
  • The Fifth Doctrine (The Guardian, #3)
  • Connections in Death (In Death, #48)
  • Quicksilver (Arcane Society, #11; Looking Glass Trilogy #2)
  • Silver Master (Ghost Hunters, #4)
  • Illusion Town (Ghost Hunters, #13)
  • A Justified Murder (Medlar Mystery #2)
  • The Conspiracy (Maximum Security #1)
  • Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Ghost Hunters, #10)
  • After Glow (Ghost Hunters, #2)
  • The Hot Zone (Rainshadow, #3; Ghost Hunters, #11)
  • The Last Second (A Brit in the FBI, #6)
  • The Third Circle (Arcane Society, #4)
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre

Cutler, Sutter, & Salinas (3 books)
  • When All the Girls Have Gone (Cutler, Sutter, & Salinas #1)
  • Promise Not to Tell