Start by marking “Found” as Want to Read:
Found

Found

What happens when someone else’s past catches up with you?

Elizabeth Miller had lived in Deni her entire life. In a small rural town, Beth’s biggest problem is telling her protective and fiercely private father that she has a boyfriend.

But when her dad disappears before her and Jonah’s eyes, Beth discovers that he isn't who she thought he was. Her family’s secret past has
Published July 2nd 2018 by Random House Australia

To ask other readers questions about Found, please sign up.
Carolyn Gilpin Yes, definitely - it's a stand-alone title, like her three previous ones :)
Enjoy!…more
Yes, definitely - it's a stand-alone title, like her three previous ones :)
Enjoy!(less)

Start your review of Found
C.G. Drews
I'm not reviewing this one just yet! But here are a few random smol thoughts:

☆ I honestly don't think I'm good with thrillers and that's totally on me...I just need to feel/care more for the characters before a wild gun-shoot-out adventure starts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
☆ This would make a pretty badass movie
☆ NOT a fan of the line where Beth says you can't love an adopted child as much as your blood child
☆ very twisty!
Danielle
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fleur’s books are always so fast-paced, thrilling, and so entertaining, and this book was no exception!

Full review to come on my blog!
Calzean
Fast paced for the first 200 pages as the young Beth finds herself being hunted by a drug lord intent on revenge. Then some fill-in to the inevitable ending. A thriller maybe but all a bit hackneyed for me.
Read3r’z Re-Vu
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe I read this in ONE sitting!!! Once again, Fleur Ferris dazzled me with an engrossing and intense YA thriller!!! A great story with an underlying message that yes the past CAN and WILL catch up with you. Set in a small town, this story is told in a dual perspective following Beth and Jonah. Multi perspective reads can suffer when characters cannot be easily differentiated however in this book, it was very easy to tell them apart, their voices and character were well defined and t ...more
Richard
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Found is....it is local and international, personal and for everyone, tight, tense yet still has humour.

It is very well researched and you never doubt its credibility.

Elizabeth (Beth) Miller: smart, tough, funny and hard working. Her life is about to change from small town rural Australia (described so beautifully by Fleur Ferris) to something that changes her, her friends, her town, her farm and most of all her family....if they really are her family?

Like all great books Found keeps jolting my
Jenna
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, the-ya-circle
Can someone please explain to me why I just read what felt like a bad novelisation of some second rate action movie? Or why I was supposed to care about any of the characters?

I'm all for thrillers, but this one was just a mess.
rachel ☾
Jul 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
this read like the bare bones of a screenplay.
Emily
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-ya-circle, 2018
RATING: 3.5/5 stars
The July BOTM for The YA Circle is Fleur Ferris' 'Found'. I thought the concept of the book was really interesting and agree with others when saying that I think it would make a good movie adaption. As it was a short book I understand that she had to get straight into the drama but I felt like I needed another chapter or so to get to know the characters before everything was flipped on its head. The book reminds me of a mix of Taken and Tomorrow When the War Began. Others migh
Liz Derouet
Suspense and action packed, this is a nail biter. Full review in Magpies, can't wait to share with my students.
Rachael
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well it’s past midnight, no surprise. This is what Fleur Ferris does to me, turning a rational-bed-by-9.30 closet nana into a book addict. I read Found in 3 nights (which isn’t that quick compared to some of you fast readers out there but it’s lickitysplit for a girl like me). I’m inclined to nudge along but not when it comes to these adrenaline racing, page turning, YA thrillers that Ferris produces.

Basically, my best advice is put your plans on hold for a day or so when you pick this book up.
Bec (becklebooks)
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
My spoiler free review is on my blog. :)

Trisha
Tense, exciting. Fans will devour it.
Ashley
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow. wowowowow.

just when I thought Fleur's books couldn't get any better.
so there were a million things I loved about this book. here are 5.

1. Beth (view spoiler) was such a strong likeable character and I loved seeing her develop
2. The location - a rural farm town. I got to hear Fleur speak about a month ago and she said this book was based around her farm she lives on. I think that the strong sense of place just made this so much better
3. The plot twists are very tw
Grace
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
What I liked: the intensity.
BUT
I didn’t care, AT ALL.
I literally wanted to DNF this book around 90% of the time I was reading it.
It’s unfortunate because I love supporting Australian authors, but this wasn’t a book for me.
Ashlee Lyon
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!
Lexi // libraryoflexi
It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t amazing either.
Kirra
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-for-review
Fleur's latest book is an intense and energetic novel that will grab your interest until the very end. The best thing about this book, or the worst depending on your reading style, is that there is little buildup to the action and drama of the plot. In the first three or four short chapters you're introduced to Elizabeth, her boyfriend Jonah and you get to know a little about her parents too but mostly you're just thrown right into the action. Being a short book I am glad that it went right into ...more
Becky Johnson
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Found is Fleur’s 4th young adult thriller, and like the preceding novels, Risk, Black, and Wreck, this one had me on the edge of my seat once again.

Found follows Elizabeth Miller (Beth) an Australian teenager about to face one of the toughest conversations in the history of time…Telling her big, tall, fighter father that she has a boyfriend!!
Except she learn quite quickly that life is about to test her in every which way possible as people from her parents past show up teaching her that perhaps
Annie
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe I read this in ONE sitting!!! I guess being home sick does have a silver lining after all.. Once again, Fleur Ferris dazzled me with an engrossing and intense YA thriller!!! A great story with an underlying message that yes the past CAN and WILL catch up with you. Set in a small town, this story is told in a dual perspective following Beth and Jonah. I was able to differentiate between the characters as the story progressed and found it easy to follow, very fast paced, action pa ...more
Melissa (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
There's never a dull moment in a book by Fleur Ferris!

I love that this book takes place in a location I'm familiar with and visit often. It accurately depicts the feel of a small country town, and the description of The Waring Gardens is spot on, from the lake, to the wildlife, the gazebos and the trees (it wasn't hard picturing Beth and Jonah hiding out behind the biggest tree there, a feature of the garden and difficult to forget).

Just like Wreck, the action starts immediately and doesn't let
Samantha Harris
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gripping book from the start. You are immediately thrown into the story.
The first problem in the book is Beth telling her controlling, over protective father about her first boyfriend Jonah. How ever this plan is thrown out completely when she discovers her father (Bear) has disappeared before her eyes.

We are quickly thrown deep into mystery of why, who, how?
It is all explained in the perfect amount of revealing the mystery and keeping the mystery going to keep you wanting to read.

All the char
Bert Z
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fleur Ferris has redeemed herself in my books. Her first 2 novels, Risk and Black, were excellent, I loved them, they were both so fast-paced, thrilling and well written. It saddened me that her third novel, Wreck, was such a bore, I just didn’t like it, it wasn’t for me, so I was so happy that as I was reading this I was totally digging it, it definitely feels more in line with Risk and Black.

I love how Aussie her characters are, she writes about Australia in a way only a true blue Aussie would
Libby Armstrong
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fingers crossed we can expect at least a book a year from Fleur because she is quickly filling a niche with her pacy teen thrillers. I love her relatable characters, Australian backdrops and the relationships without the saccharine because they make her books accessible to younger teens. Found’s gutsy main character Elizabeth Miller thinks her biggest problem is confessing to her over-protective Dad that she’s been dating her Karate colleague Jonah...but she’s about to have her life turned upsid ...more
Renee Baines
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really really enjoyed Found. It kept me on edge with suspense. I loved the main characters and side characters so much. Each character had a story to tell and was wrapped up nicely. A novel that people must read... soooooo good
Simone
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.
not convinced by the structure. also reeeeally not a fan of grief narratives. But also contemp. just isn't my cup of tea.
Amy
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Ok I did enjoy this. Had no attachment to any of the characters though and it did seem a bit far fetched. I did like the fact that it started straight off, and kept on going until maybe the last few chapters then it wasn't as exciting!
Barbara Dobson
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woohoo that book was fantastic ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
That the fastest I have read a book in ages. I loved the action and suspense that this story brings to the reader and also enjoyed reading from two peoples views. I really cannot wait to read another one of her books
Jen (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
It’s a crime that I haven’t gotten around to reading this until now because holy crap what did I just read? My heart is still pounding! This book hits the ground running and is an on the edge of your seat thrill ride right up until the very end.

The plot was so fast paced with plenty of action. I guessed a couple of the plot twists but not all and I loved how the mystery was revealed piece by piece. It still blows my mind just how much the author can pack into a short 300 page book.

The characte
Gabby
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Random House Australia for sending me a copy of FOUND for review.

I read WRECK by Fleur Ferris last year and really enjoyed it, but I think I liked this one so much more. Fleur does such a great job at writing fast-paced, action packed thrillers filled with constant twists and turns that you never see coming. And FOUND was no exception.

THINGS I LOVED:
- I loved the dual perspective, switching between the POV of Beth in first person, and Jonah in third person
- There was also a little roma
Jodie- Readthewriteact
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
When you read a Fleur Ferris book it doesn’t take very long for the action to start. Found was no exception and once the action started it took a long time before things settled down a bit.

I love how Beth starts off unsure, almost apprehensive and then just goes full commando. Her parents certainly equipped her with the skills she would need and she uses them. I did feel that she was a quick to judge Jonah for his actions and I didn’t understand how she could lay blame on him, but otherwise I fo
« previous 1 3 next »