Start by marking “The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2

The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2

(The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel #2)

The second installment of the graphic novel adaptation of Cassandra Clare's bestselling fantasy series The Mortal Instruments!

Having her best friend, Simon, kidnapped and being attacked by the vampires already seemed too much for Clary to handle. But when she realizes her hidden power and that leads her to what she has been searching for, the truth exposed might be somethi
Published October 30th 2018 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about The Mortal Instruments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mortal Instruments

Drewthereader19
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tay
Shelves: own-books, pre-orders
I just read this graphic novel in one sitting and it was really good! 4/5 stars, can't wait for the third installment!(:
Arin ⭐
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this a lot better than the last one! Also, the way Valentine was drawn is exactly how I picture him in my head.
melissafandomworld
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome graphic novel in the Mortal Instruments series. A terrific addition to the Shadowhunter collection in general and definitely something every shadowhunter fan needs in their own personal collection! Cassandra Jean's artwork is so good and these graphic novels really capture what the books are all about; just love it! Can't wait until Volume 3 publishes!
Vita Giannoccaro
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anche questo secondo volume, così come il primo, mi è piaciuto tantissimo.
Immagino quanto possa essere complicato inserire mezzo libro in una manciata di pagine a fumetti, per questo apprezzo molto il lavoro di Cassandra Jean. Ovviamente la storia non è completamente fedele a quella originale e si svolge tutto molto più in fretta, ma amo lo stile della Jean ed è sempre bellissimo immergersi nuovamente in questo mondo.
havisha
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Though I’m sure people will say there have been better graphic novels - I enjoyed this one the most; probably because of Magnus but this was an enjoyable read for me
Cat
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
This is completely subjective but I wasn't a huge fan of some of the illustrations. Raphael looked way off - where were his curls? - and Clary too young.
I also would have included more scenes and/or information.
And my final critique: there were some continuity errors which I think could have been avoided.
I'm nevertheless looking forward to volume three because it's nice to see such a different version of The Mortal Instruments.
Angela Magic Art
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Again, very enjoyable. Great art. But things are cut out/changed, and I prefer the original way. But still enjoyed it! love getting the nostalgia and refresher with such a quick read.
TJ
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This continues to be a great adaption of the novels! I can’t wait to see how Jean adapts the following books! 5/5 stars
Holly Hughes
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Again, as always, I feel the need to mention that yes, I am heavily biased because I love absolutely everything about Cassandra Jean's style so I would have bought this even if I disliked The Mortal Instruments. But, I love the series, so obviously I bought it for both reasons.

Flipping back between the first volume and this one, I feel like Cassandra upped her game here, which excites and elates me. I loved all the dynamic panels when it came to action sequences, and I'm a sucker for a well-plac
Cali Teer
It's a graphic novel of one of my all time favorite series, what more can I say?...

ITS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT!!

I wish it was longer, I flew through that so fast ( I was even holding myself back!)
So when can I expect to receive the next one?
kerrycat
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I love Cassandra Jean. This is just beautiful. And the kiss in the greenhouse . . . I'm not usually a big Clace fan (except after they're grown, so yes, in TDA, definitely Clace) but damn, this kiss. And Church's expression when Magnus is talking to him is just classic Church.

and Magnus' closing statement - yes, we all hope so, too.
Jelisaveta
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
the illustrations in these volumes amaze me
Clare Carter
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good thing I read this in 2 seconds and have to wait a year for more! God bless Simon Lewis!!!! (These also really get me in the mood to re-read the actual books lol)
Marker
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Me quedé con ganas de más. Ahora a esperar el volumen 3. Qué agradable ha sido volver a vivir esta historia que tanto me gusta. El trabajo de ambas Cassandra es fenomenal.
Rebecca Akins
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-the-best
Beautiful
Ave Binks
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Sigh... I'm not sure how to reviewed these books to be honest. I feel the same way with this second installment of the series as I did with the first. It is a wonderfully faithful adaptation from the novel to a graphic novel style. However the artistry leaves A LOT to be desired. It's almost like Miss Jean is trying to mimic a manga style but trying is the optimum word here. Her attempts at well-rounded thought out depictions of the story just come across as sloppy and lazy, like she's drawing s ...more
ella
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i liked it so much more than the first one; i think it's because we finally have a good adaptation of the last chapters of cob, something that the TWO adaptations already made couldn't do for some reason (although in the first one there was the simon scene that had also never been done faithfully before so)... but mostly what i'm more excited is to see volume 3 (nothing confirmed yet but fingers crossed i guess?), even if that means climon lol
my only complain would be that it didn't end with the
Jennifer Bane
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This volume of the graphic novels seems shorter and for some reason just sort of "meh" to me. I'm not sure why. I did read the originals and find myself wondering if Raphael meets the primary group outside the Dumort or not, and later, I wonder whether Madame Dorthea is possessed when they arrive or if she's possessed a bit after directly in front of them. There are just little questions like this but it pretty much follows the books.

The art is of course quite beautiful, especially with the use
Alana
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The art just keeps getting better and better- first and foremost.
I just love Casie Jean soooo much for these graphic novels!!
The only negative thing I have to say about the second installment is the lack of information included; since I know TMI so well, the absence of references to the novels and deficiency of dialogue really mad me sad and is the only reason for the missing star in my rating, however even this is not enough to deter my from my adoration of these graphic novels (the second on
B
Shelves: favorites, manga
Let’s write a review guys, it’s been forever.

I’ve been following this artist for a very long time because I love her work so much. She does the original books justice (and I can say I actually prefer these than the original counterparts). Seeing any negative reviews, kinda high key makes me sad, so I’m throwing a positive thought out there for my gal Jean. *Gives all the hugs and all the candy in the world.*

Sheila
Sep 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
I will not buy nor read this graphic novel. I've read the novels and enjoyed them very much. I would give the BOOKS 5 stars. The graphic novel edition has horrible horrible art, and I've been reading comic books for 35 years (not counting the years of my youth). There is manga that I do like, but not this. Horrible. Simply horrible.
Jess the faerie archive
finished this and still i am bitter. also some parts were left out which is cool I guess but oh well. i think it would be better if they did a graphic novel based off the entire book instead of splitting it in two.
Nahla
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a blast to revisit an old time favorite story! I can't wait to have all 6 novels in graphic novel forms! Although I wish they'd come faster than 1 per year. Cassandra Jean's drawings are stunning.
Jessica Williamson
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. These are not perfect, but they're a great way to refresh your mind of what happens in the books without having to take the time to read the whole thing.
Darth BookLover
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Muy buena novela gráfica de ciudad de huesos los instrumentos mortales vol2 sin duda los dibujos de Cassandra Jean son espectaculares!. 5/5 estrellas. Indispensable en toda biblioteca nefilim.
Naby ♥
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It couldn't be less than awesome right? 😍🤩👏🏻
Christina
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful! Loved it! I cannot wait for the third volume, even though the second only just came out!! Both volumes so far have not disappointed me!
Max
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A must-have and must-read for any TMI fan!
Austėja
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this in one go. Right after I finished the first book in one go. It's absolutely gorgeous and I don't want it to end. Ever.
Mara
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it as much as the first one.
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel (2 books)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1