Start by marking “The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2

The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2

(The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel #2)

The second installment of the graphic novel adaptation of Cassandra Clare's bestselling fantasy series The Mortal Instruments!

Having her best friend, Simon, kidnapped and being attacked by the vampires already seemed too much for Clary to handle. But when she realizes her hidden power and that leads her to what she has been searching for, the truth exposed might be somethi
Published October 30th 2018 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about The Mortal Instruments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mortal Instruments

Start your review of The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2
Ria
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I ordered this shit back in November from the place i get my books and yeah it just arrived. Can't wait to review Volume 3 which comes out next month in like a year from now.

Soooo i didn't expect to get this now and as you may know i just reread COB. I think that is enough TMI for this year.
Love: Clary's design. I got bangs like 1-2 weeks ago and she makes me wanna dye my hair red again which would be a terrible idea because i may or may not had a mental breakdown last night, purchased a blo
Beth
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
We all know by now, I am absolute trash for anything Shadowhunter related, and shock horror this is no surprise.

I loved the art work throughout but some key things for me are:
- Rat Simon, I loved the drawings they were just so perfect!
- Luke telling Clary all about the past, I loved the darkness of it, and how it spiralled into different drawings which were just so beautiful

The reason why it didn't get the full 5 stars, is because I think it missed a few things that could of been added, but I ho
Victoria ♡
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The art is beautiful, the story’s being told so well, I’m in love with this adaptation !!
Drewthereader20
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tay
I just read this graphic novel in one sitting and it was really good! 4/5 stars, can't wait for the third installment!(:
Arin
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star-reads
I liked this a lot better than the last one! Also, the way Valentine was drawn is exactly how I picture him in my head.
melissafandomworld
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome graphic novel in the Mortal Instruments series. A terrific addition to the Shadowhunter collection in general and definitely something every shadowhunter fan needs in their own personal collection! Cassandra Jean's artwork is so good and these graphic novels really capture what the books are all about; just love it! Can't wait until Volume 3 publishes!
Katie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This volume was, for me, better than the first as there wasn't as much setting up the plot in this one. As someone who knows the story of the mortal instruments quite well it got a bit repetitive reading information I already knew. I enjoyed the plot of this graphic novel and found it a more enjoyable read.
R. L. Carlo
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
Official Rating:
5/5 stars 🌟
Sally ☾
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
listen I know people always hate on Jace and Clary, but I love them a lot, okay? They have both been through so much, but they are such strong and kind people, and they deserve love too.

also, found family. found family. found family.
Oblivionsdream
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I swear I think Clary got shorter in each panel she appeared in. 😂
I loved the original story and I just adore seeing it come to life. And I am also so here for that extra Malec scene! + Rat Simon was adorable.
The art is just lovely and fits the story perfectly. I only have two complaints:
-I feel like some parts of the graphic novel didn’t really explain aspects of the story fully, or as clearly as it could have. The graphic novels are definitely more so for the fans of the original series so it
Cat
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
This is completely subjective but I wasn't a huge fan of some of the illustrations. Raphael looked way off - where were his curls? - and Clary too young.
I also would have included more scenes and/or information.
And my final critique: there were some continuity errors which I think could have been avoided.
I'm nevertheless looking forward to volume three because it's nice to see such a different version of The Mortal Instruments.
Lauren’sLittleLibrary
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awwww, that was cute. ❤️❤️☺️☺️
Leah Waters
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What gorgeous art!

The Mortal Instruments is already such a great story--it's wonderful reliving the story in this format. This makes me want to read the series all over again.
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Review to come.
Steffi au Penguinbooks
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Well, I've been flying through the pages!

I liked the second volume even more than the first one! There is an extra Malec scene and I am dying for Malec at the moment ❤ The ending of CoB will forever break my heart ;(

Nevertheless, I really loved the illustrations. I think Cassandra Jean improved her drawings, it was less awkward!
Alison
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quality art and if you've read the series before this is a decent way to re-cap on them without having to re-read the whole thing!

The first two volumes cover book one, and I've been considering a re-read of this series for a while, so it'll be great to follow along as these graphic novel editions are published.
Angela Magic Art
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Again, very enjoyable. Great art. But things are cut out/changed, and I prefer the original way. But still enjoyed it! love getting the nostalgia and refresher with such a quick read.
Antoinique
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookcase
*3.5 stars. I really like reading the graphic novels, but it's not as good as the original books
Dreximgirl
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved Cassandra Jean's artwork and I, of course, live the shadwhunter world so this is great. It condenses the story well and is handy if you want a speedy re-read.
ElmoVsBibo2.0
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I wasn't hooked before, the missing scene from the books, where Magnus healed Alec, got me. So bad.
The whole Graphic Novel is just beautiful.
Stanislav Lozanov
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ohhh I love Cassandra Jean's portrayal of the Shadowhunters!!!
Stephanie
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's really fascinating to note which parts they cut for this version. For example, Alec throwing Clary against a wall....
Meg
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m not normally a comic book fan but getting to see my favorite stories like this is really cool. Looking forward to the next one.
TJ
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This continues to be a great adaption of the novels! I can’t wait to see how Jean adapts the following books! 5/5 stars
Amy
Alright, I'm in it now.. I can't wait for vol 3.
Triston
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always going to love this series, I am obsessed with Cassandra Jeans Art!!
Rory
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this cover is h e a v e n
♥ victoria [deathlypeonies]
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I love Cassandra Jeans art. Lost half a star because some of the scenes/dialogue that were cut I did miss but over all a great quick fun read for TMI fans.
Amy
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This was fun in the way that it's nice to hear your parents' friends mention your childhood. You've heard the gist of the story a thousand times--you were there, for fuck's sake--but there's a novelty to hearing it from someone else's mouth that keeps you in your chair long enough to hear it through.

I can't imagine anyone picking up this graphic novel if they haven't already read the original series. I also can't remove myself from the experience well enough to say if someone would be confused
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • Bloom
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Fence, Vol. 3
  • Bravest Warriors Vol. 7
  • Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Bravest Warriors Vol. 4
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Sarah (La Brigade des Cauchemars, #1)
  • Selections from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Piano Solos
  • Teen Titans: Raven
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel (4 books)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 3
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 4 (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel #4)