Start by marking “The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2

The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2

(The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel #2)

The second installment of the graphic novel adaptation of Cassandra Clare's bestselling fantasy series The Mortal Instruments!

Having her best friend, Simon, kidnapped and being attacked by the vampires already seemed too much for Clary to handle. But when she realizes her hidden power and that leads her to what she has been searching for, the truth exposed might be somethi
Published October 30th 2018 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about The Mortal Instruments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mortal Instruments

Beth
We all know by now, I am absolute trash for anything Shadowhunter related, and shock horror this is no surprise.

I loved the art work throughout but some key things for me are:
- Rat Simon, I loved the drawings they were just so perfect!
- Luke telling Clary all about the past, I loved the darkness of it, and how it spiralled into different drawings which were just so beautiful

The reason why it didn't get the full 5 stars, is because I think it missed a few things that could of been added, but I ho
Drewthereader19
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tay
I just read this graphic novel in one sitting and it was really good! 4/5 stars, can't wait for the third installment!(:
Arin ⭐
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this a lot better than the last one! Also, the way Valentine was drawn is exactly how I picture him in my head.
melissafandomworld
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome graphic novel in the Mortal Instruments series. A terrific addition to the Shadowhunter collection in general and definitely something every shadowhunter fan needs in their own personal collection! Cassandra Jean's artwork is so good and these graphic novels really capture what the books are all about; just love it! Can't wait until Volume 3 publishes!
Katie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This volume was, for me, better than the first as there wasn't as much setting up the plot in this one. As someone who knows the story of the mortal instruments quite well it got a bit repetitive reading information I already knew. I enjoyed the plot of this graphic novel and found it a more enjoyable read.
Vita Giannoccaro
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anche questo secondo volume, così come il primo, mi è piaciuto tantissimo.
Immagino quanto possa essere complicato inserire mezzo libro in una manciata di pagine a fumetti, per questo apprezzo molto il lavoro di Cassandra Jean. Ovviamente la storia non è completamente fedele a quella originale e si svolge tutto molto più in fretta, ma amo lo stile della Jean ed è sempre bellissimo immergersi nuovamente in questo mondo.
havisha murukuntla
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Though I’m sure people will say there have been better graphic novels - I enjoyed this one the most; probably because of Magnus but this was an enjoyable read for me
Cat
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
This is completely subjective but I wasn't a huge fan of some of the illustrations. Raphael looked way off - where were his curls? - and Clary too young.
I also would have included more scenes and/or information.
And my final critique: there were some continuity errors which I think could have been avoided.
I'm nevertheless looking forward to volume three because it's nice to see such a different version of The Mortal Instruments.
MyLittleLibrary
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awwww, that was cute. ❤❤☺☺ ...more
Steffi
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Well, I've been flying through the pages!

I liked the second volume even more than the first one! There is an extra Malec scene and I am dying for Malec at the moment ❤ The ending of CoB will forever break my heart ;(

Nevertheless, I really loved the illustrations. I think Cassandra Jean improved her drawings, it was less awkward!
Alison
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quality art and if you've read the series before this is a decent way to re-cap on them without having to re-read the whole thing!

The first two volumes cover book one, and I've been considering a re-read of this series for a while, so it'll be great to follow along as these graphic novel editions are published.
Emily
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amo mucho Cazadores de sombras ❤
description
Angela Magic Art
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Again, very enjoyable. Great art. But things are cut out/changed, and I prefer the original way. But still enjoyed it! love getting the nostalgia and refresher with such a quick read.
Antoinique
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookcase
*3.5 stars. I really like reading the graphic novels, but it's not as good as the original books
Amy
Alright, I'm in it now.. I can't wait for vol 3.
TJ
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This continues to be a great adaption of the novels! I can’t wait to see how Jean adapts the following books! 5/5 stars
Amy
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This was fun in the way that it's nice to hear your parents' friends mention your childhood. You've heard the gist of the story a thousand times--you were there, for fuck's sake--but there's a novelty to hearing it from someone else's mouth that keeps you in your chair long enough to hear it through.

I can't imagine anyone picking up this graphic novel if they haven't already read the original series. I also can't remove myself from the experience well enough to say if someone would be confused
Holly Hughes
Again, as always, I feel the need to mention that yes, I am heavily biased because I love absolutely everything about Cassandra Jean's style so I would have bought this even if I disliked The Mortal Instruments. But, I love the series, so obviously I bought it for both reasons.

Flipping back between the first volume and this one, I feel like Cassandra upped her game here, which excites and elates me. I loved all the dynamic panels when it came to action sequences, and I'm a sucker for a well-plac
Cali Teer
It's a graphic novel of one of my all time favorite series, what more can I say?...

ITS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT!!

I wish it was longer, I flew through that so fast ( I was even holding myself back!)
So when can I expect to receive the next one?
kerrycat
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I love Cassandra Jean. This is just beautiful. And the kiss in the greenhouse . . . I'm not usually a big Clace fan (except after they're grown, so yes, in TDA, definitely Clace) but damn, this kiss. And Church's expression when Magnus is talking to him is just classic Church.

and Magnus' closing statement - yes, we all hope so, too.
Jelisaveta
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
the illustrations in these volumes amaze me
Meagann
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dude this cover art is so freaking amazing! But also the artwork inside with the story line, but the cover!
Clare Carter
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good thing I read this in 2 seconds and have to wait a year for more! God bless Simon Lewis!!!! (These also really get me in the mood to re-read the actual books lol)
Marker
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Me quedé con ganas de más. Ahora a esperar el volumen 3. Qué agradable ha sido volver a vivir esta historia que tanto me gusta. El trabajo de ambas Cassandra es fenomenal.
Rebecca Akins
\_(ツ)_/

It’s the Mortal Instruments. What can I say
Victoria [deathlypeonies]
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I love Cassandra Jeans art. Lost half a star because some of the scenes/dialogue that were cut I did miss but over all a great quick fun read for TMI fans.
Lilly Sorrell
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
2.75 stars.
It was entertaining. The set up is very confusing, but that could just be because I don’t read very many graphic novels and aren’t used to it. It was still a fun read. The pacing was too fast for my liking and left out some stuff that would have added to the story. Good read for any fan of the Shadowhunter world though.
Ave Binks
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Sigh... I'm not sure how to reviewed these books to be honest. I feel the same way with this second installment of the series as I did with the first. It is a wonderfully faithful adaptation from the novel to a graphic novel style. However the artistry leaves A LOT to be desired. It's almost like Miss Jean is trying to mimic a manga style but trying is the optimum word here. Her attempts at well-rounded thought out depictions of the story just come across as sloppy and lazy, like she's drawing s ...more
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel (2 books)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1