Start by marking “Everything Is Negotiable: The 5 Tactics to Get What You Want in Life, Love, and Work” as Want to Read:

Surprising ways women leave opportunities for happiness on the table, and how to negotiate better terms in life, love, and work.

Dr. Meg Myers Morgan, an expert in personal and professional negotiations, deconstructs our preconceived notions about adulthood, parenthood, and career paths and illuminates how they can limit us. Drawing from her experiences personally mentoring
Published December 4th 2018 by Seal Press

To ask other readers questions about Everything Is Negotiable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything Is Negotiable

Cari
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book to start the New Year! I checked this out because I'd hoped it would help me with a webinar I'm teaching next week, about standing up for yourself. And it certainly did, but not in the way I expected. These are not nuts-and-bolts teachings - Morgan's advice requires you to look deep within yourself, to find out what you want from life and how to get it. More about negotiating with yourself than about dealing with other people. But, since the only person in life we can control i ...more
Marissa DeCuir
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Meg Myers Morgan has given women a treasure chest of knowledge in neatly printed book! I think we all wonder if we can honestly have it all. Her book gives such great advice especially regarding the topic of perfection. As she states in the book, we should not strive for perfection. We should focus on the goal at hand. I found this book to be incredibly useful, and I know it will be great asset to any professional trying to navigate life.
Christina
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In her sophomore book, Meg Myers Morgan is dealing us the real in a way that only your best friend, mentor, teacher, coach, and nail lady can. Nestled between perfectly written anecdotes and stories from her personal experiences, MMM dishes out generous amounts of reassurance and honesty to help women get out of their own way in order to negotiate what they want (and avoid eating salads as meals).

So, share this will all your gal pals. After they read it you can all get together to drink margarit
Kelly
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Title should be changed to include something along the lines of juggling motherhood while getting ahead. Much of this book is focused on being a mother. Thought it strange that the author focused on her young child as an example of a great negotiator as an opener. Also, thought it was in bad taste and unprofessional that the author uses cuss words. Overall, this book had nothing new to offer (that hasn't been covered countless times in this genre.) Easy read, took two days to finish it.
Kathryn Notestine
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a recent post grad female, this book fell into my hands at just the right time. In my search for a full time job; navigating adulthood; having relationships with roommates, friends, significant others I was starting to lose sight of my own goals, dreams, and passions. Everything is Negotiable helped me to again realize that I was capable of so many more things than I was giving myself credit for. I think that this book will probably have relevance for women in all phases of life, and I will d ...more
Hannah
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've always had trouble asking for what I want or letting myself get bulldozed by those around me. Everything Is Negotiable made me realize how much I could use negotiation to stand up for myself and my dreams. I feel like the tools she provides are so necessary for young women but so rarely touched upon in many circumstances. Morgan uses such a great combination of wit and real life examples that I felt like I was sitting at a coffee shop chatting with her as she relayed this amazing life advic ...more
Sara
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a woman that wished she had better negotiated in her 20s, this book is full of solid advice I learned through taking a harder path, and wish I had known "back then!" I am an instructor at a University now, and hope I can help impart to the young women I work with these great tools and tips for grasping the future (both personally and professionally) that they most want. An easy and needed read for any woman.
Lauren A.
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know that feeling you get when you leave a movie theater after seeing a superhero movie--like you could suddenly do anything and everything? That's exactly how I felt finishing this book! There are tidbits of wisdom on every page for just about every situation a woman might find herself in as she navigates life. After reading Everything is Negotiable, I feel so much more confident in my abilities to take on the real world.
Morgan Schulman
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reader-s-copy
I received in advance readers copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is a good book for women who need to learn to ask for what they want and believe in themselves. Ite not a book about social and communication skills in business, navigating office politics, or achieving negation with difficult people. Recommend for young women about to finish school, as many of the narrative examples in this book are the author as a professor giving advice to students.
Rachelle
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Everything is Negotiable... not so much a strategy guide of how to negotiate as it is a reflection of the author's personal life successes and failures and many mentions of her college students' trials and struggles in the classroom and finding the proper time to start a family, apply for a better job, or attend graduate school. Many of the stories were similar and the teachable moments repeated frequently.
Caroline White
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a bit "fluffier" than the title led me to expect - more anecdotal than research-based - but it was an enjoyable, light read with some solid advice and a sprinkling of laugh-out-loud moments (e.g. when she and her husband "clung to each other like Jack and Rose on the sinking Titanic" following a harrowing evening on their first full-family vacation). Meg describes herself as being very aware of the feelings of others, and that comes through in the various stories she recalls. It is empo ...more
Brianne C.
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a difficult read for me, but in a good way. I can usually read a book this size in a couple of days, but this one took me over a month to read. It is chock-full of hard truths, nearly all of which really hit home for me. Every couple of paragraphs, I had to put it down to mull over what was said and how it applies (or can be applied) to my life. This book forced me to take a hard look at me life and how my actions affect it.

I love that it is written as if the author is just chatting wi
Maura Hahnenberger
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading the title of this book I thought it was going to be a book focused on negotiations... and it partly is, but it is a lot more.

This book is somewhat of a chimera, but in a good way. Part professional development, part self-help, part memoir, part non-fiction humor, and part motivational speaker. As I was reading I thought to myself, that this could also be titled something like "The Girlfriends' Guide to Being a Professional." But compared to those other books, I actually would love to be
Rah
2.5 stars. While written by someone holding a PhD, it provides more opinion-based rather than evidence-based advice and conclusions.

Felt a lot like reading a Suze Orman finance book. Nothing really WRONG, but primarily feelgood one-size-fits-all, feel that is maybe why women continue to have a reputation for gullibility and generally foolish decision-making.
Theresa
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wrote the five tactics down when she mentioned them at the beginning of the audiobook. The remainder of the book is focused on anecdotes for potential Graduate students, married women and mothers. I didn’t find ways to connect similarities in my own life other than to make sure I ask for more money whenever presented with new job offers.
JKS Communications
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything Is Negotiable is not only a must-read for young professionals but also a crucial read for anyone trying to charge of their life. Readers will learn the importance of having healthy relationships, the importance of controlling their own narrative, how to handle the criticism that comes their way, and a variety of other amazing life tools.
Deb Anderson
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the perspective of this book. It mentions some ideas I've come across on my own like, each day have something to look forward to. "Shit is going to happen to you. Shit has already happened to you. And that shit show is often the birthplace of all your best options." "Don't keep going down a path just because you're already on it."
Briana
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
My mom sent me this book and I thought it might be interesting, but I liked it so much more than I thought I would. Not only does she empower women to make stronger choices, she helps us see that we can still find value in the choices that weren’t so good. And she emphasizes breaking the mold because your life doesn’t have to look like everyone else’s. Amazing work! Highly recommend.
Sarah Darby
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book for insights on the importance of negotiation and pushing forward in the face of uncertainty, doubt, and challenge. Many funny anecdotes from her personal life add interest and draw parallels between themes of negotiation and persistence important both professionally and personally.
Lauren
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great read! And a perfect way to start off 2019. Meg inspires me to ask for what I want and beat the feelings of imposter syndrome, because I have worked hard to get where I am and I deserve to be here. Highly recommend to anyone everyone!
Susan
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book had some interesting points. For me, I would have liked more research data to back up her points, it was a little too anecdotal for my tastes. Still worth the read.
Jill Pouliot
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read, so encouraging! I loved every page. Worth the 5 stars. Perfect for people who are driven or want to get Un-stuck.
Victoria H
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Relatable, humorous, and helpful! Reading this book felt like having coffee with a dear friend - advice is given, but it is not preached. I loved reading this!
Jessica Goodman
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Found this book at the library new books shelf and was grabbed by the title and once I started reading it, the writing and generous personal stories held my interest all the way through.
Annelies
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Goh. Dit boek gaan veel meer over moeder zijn en haar dochtertjes dan dat de titel doet uitschijnen. Op zich vlot boek, maar wel echt best misleidend. Zou het niet aanraden.
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Kin of a fluffy pep talk... The more than 20 mommy stories made this a great book for mothers but not so applicable to a general audience.
Lena Nechet
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Not really about negotiation as expected, but good.
Susan
Apr 11, 2019
Han
May 18, 2019
Huiyilee
Jan 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• How to Fight a Hydra: Face Your Fears, Pursue Your Ambitions, and Become the Hero You Are Destined to Be
  • Life in Half a Second: How to Achieve Success Before It's Too Late
  • Living Nonviolent Communication: Practical Tools to Connect and Communicate Skillfully in Every Situation
  • Time to Think: Listening to Ignite the Human Mind
  • The Heart To Start: Win the Inner War & Let Your Art Shine
  • The Secret of the Ages
  • How to Predict the Future By Creating It Yourself: The User's Manual For Your Subconscious Mind
  • The Power of Creativity:  Learning How to Build Lasting Habits, Face Your Fears and Change Your Life (The Power of Creativity, #1)
  • Find Happiness Now: 50 Shortcuts for Bringing More Love, Balance, and Joy Into Your Life
  • Happiness at Work
  • Self-Disciplined Producer: Develop a Powerful Work Ethic, Improve Your Focus, and Produce Better Results
  • Writings of Florence Scovel Shinn
  • Reimagined: How amazing people design lives they love
  • The Possibility Principle: How Quantum Physics Can Improve the Way You Think, Live, and Love
  • Be What You Wish
  • Morning Makeover: How To Boost Your Productivity, Explode Your Energy, and Create An Extraordinary Life - One Morning At A Time!
  • Follow Your Passion, Find Your Power: Everything You Need to Know about the Law of Attraction
  • تخلص من المماطلة في 60 ثانية
Dr. Meg Myers Morgan is an expert in personal and professional negotiations has helped countless professionals negotiate for more in work and life. Her forthcoming book, Everything is Negotiable (Seal Press, 2018), offer tactics to help women negotiate for more in work and life. Meg gave aTED Talk, "Negotiating for Your Life", for TEDxOU in 2016. She is an assistant professor at the University of ...more