Start by marking “You Let Me In” as Want to Read:
You Let Me In

You Let Me In

Spine-tingling, chilling, and utterly compulsive, YOU LET ME IN is the stunning new novel from Richard & Judy Book Club author, Lucy Clarke

Nothing has felt right since Elle rented out her house . . .

I’M IN YOUR HOUSE

There’s a new coldness. A shift in the atmosphere. The prickling feeling that someone is watching her every move from the shadows.

I’M IN YOUR HEAD

May

Published August 16th 2018 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about You Let Me In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Let Me In

Lou
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
'You Let Me In' is the fifth psychological thriller from bestselling author and Richard & Judy book club pick, Lucy Clarke, whose novels have been translated into 12 different languages. Having enjoyed her previous book, 'Last Seen,' which was chock-a-block full of secrets, lies and deception, I knew this was dead cert to be a fantastic follow-up.

Elle Fielding is a successful author with her first book hitting the bestsellers lists and making her lots of cash in the process. Now, she is unde
Liz Barnsley
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve always enjoyed books from this author, this time I had no clue about the plot so I went in with no expectation and I loved it – a pacy psychological thriller with a totally brilliant ending that I really didn’t see coming – at least not in its entirety. That was super cool.
Honestly I’m tempted to say nothing at all about plot but I will caution that if you use AirBnB you might want to tread carefully…Also I think I’ll have to give a little away to tell you why it worked so well.
Elle was an
Zoe Mann
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I feasted on 'You Let Me In' by Lucy Clarke like I feast on pizza at an all you can eat buffet. I just could not put this book down.

Elle Field is living the dream. Cliff top mansion with sea views for miles, writing her second novel after her first had gargantuan success. She is beautiful, intelligent and confident with a supportive family and all this is portrayed on her social media accounts. What her picture perfect social media account doesn't show, is she is also an insomniac, paranoid, su
C.L. Taylor
THIS is how you write a psychological thriller. You pique the reader's curiosity, lure them in, add a mystery, several secrets and a ton of red herrings, heighten the tension until they are breathless and then BAM! surprise them with an ending that is so clever it makes them grin. Clever, tense, twisty and unpredictable You Let Me In is Lucy Clarke's best book yet! Brilliant. I hugely enjoyed it.
Mandy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Many thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for letting me read this.
This is the story of Elle, who is a writer. Her first novel was a bestseller and now her publisher, and her readers, are expecting a second book soon. The trouble is, Elle is struggling to write. She is suffering with insomnia, she's separated from her husband, she's moved from London to Cornwall into a huge house that she's had renovated despite opposition from her neighbours, and she is carrying a couple of big secrets with h
BIBLIOMANIAC MJ
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like your psychological thrillers to provide you with a good dose of goosebumps, then look no further than ' You Let Me In' by Lucy Clarke!

Not knowing anything about the book, I went in blind...and I suggest you do the same! This is the type of book that the less you know going in, the better the reading experience will be. Needless to say, I won't be delving into any particular details, except to say that this will grab you hostage from the get go, with its tension filled plot, well writ
Rachel Hall
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Supremely chilling and brilliantly atmospheric, Lucy Clarke’s fifth psychological thriller is an absolute powerhouse read that utterly consumed me and takes a seemingly innocuous experience - an Airbnb rental - and overlays it with paranoia, suspicion and menace. When author, Elle Fielding, returns home after two weeks in France to her spectacular clifftop home overlooking the sea in Cornwall the whole atmosphere feels off; objects moved slightly out of place, a broken ornament and her treasured ...more
Roman Clodia
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
After all, who owns a story? The person who tells it? The person who reads it? The person whom it is about? Or all of them?

In a world over-populated with 'twisty' psychological thrillers, this stands out for keeping things creepy but real. Clarke certainly re-uses tropes of the genre like the big empty house, though now renovated and modernised, and that old chestnut of 'how well do we know those around us?' - but, importantly, she makes them work for her by not going over the top and by keepi
Adele Shea
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Elle Fielding builds her dream house by the sea with money from her book deal, things around her start coming apart. She must write her next book by the fast approaching deadline day but having rented her home to a stranger whilst out of the country, she stumbles on some sinister things when she returns, slowing down her progress. Who did she let in?
Lucy Clarke's, You Let Me In, has you guessing from the get go. I really do recommend this book.
Antonio
There's one thing I learned from reading this book, never will I let a stranger rent my home.
I cringe at the thought that my private stuff can be used against me, that my letters can be intercepted, and my keys copied and sold to just about anybody.
Elle Fielding arrives home from abroad to begin writing a sequel to her latest novel, she feels nervous about being in her newly built home which has been let to a family while she was away. It might be her imagination but some of her belongings that
Lavender
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,5 Stars.
This was my third book from Lucy Clarke . After reading “You Let Me In” I can definitely say that she has become one of my favorite authors. She captivated me again with an unusual story and very lifelike characters.

This book is a dark and creepy read. Elle comes back to her luxury cliff house in Cornwall after a writing workshop in France. To get some extra money she rented out the house out via Airbnb. But when she returns she is irritated by the strange feeling the house suddenly g
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm attributing the past few nights disturbed sleep to my foolish decision to read this in bed and even more foolishly stopping at sections that were about to hook me in further, as had I done that then I would never have even attempted sleep and instead would have been reading all night.

The book is rather unsettling and at times I wasn't really sure what was reality, what was past and what was another character, or if some of this was a book within a book as Elle is an author.

This is the seco
Lisa-Marie Forge
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Lucy Clarke and I’ll absolutely be checking out the rest

The psychological thriller centers on Elle, a famous author living in a coastal mansion in Cornwall, close to her sister and separated husband. Her life looks idyllic but, as I’m sure you’ve guessed, it isn’t!

In the current wave of books, we know a twist is coming so we guess from page one. Although I got it right, I couldn’t have guessed at the details and I love a book that surprises me. Well worth a read.
Heidi
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I love psychological thrillers that feature “haunted” houses – not necessarily of the ghostly kind, but where the house serves almost like an extra character in the story. So when I stumbled across the premise of Clarke's latest thriller, I was instantly intrigued.

Have you ever thought about renting out your house on Airbnb? I don't really like the thought of strangers living in my house, but after this story I will definitely think twice about it! What if your houseguests had some ulterior moti
Kelly Stewart
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in a few short hours. I literally could NOT put it down!!!
Julie Lacey
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a gripping read.
Elle is living in a beautiful house on the Cornish coast and is working on her second novel.
As the story progresses we learn that Elle has separated from her husband and when things start happening in her house, she doesn’t know what’s going on.
At first she thinks she’s imagining it, and then she thinks it’s the neighbour, then her ex, then her brother in law... so basically she’s clutching at straws.
As the reader, we’re given a glimpse into the mind of the person who
K.L. Slater
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, I loved the atmospheric setting of this book. A designer house perched on the top of a cliff in Cornwall. The description of the inclement weather; blustery winds and torrential rain added a real edge to the chilling narrative with its steadily building tension.

As a writer, I loved the descriptions of the protagonist’s ostentatious writing room with its glass wall overlooking the ocean. The insight to the writing process added a fascinating angle to the story and felt authentic.

Renting
Karen's World
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lucy Clarke you have another best seller on your hands as this is absolutely brilliant and a bit scary. I will never feel the same about an airBnB again! Very well written with a lot going on to keep you enthralled about everything. What a twist though!
Joanne Robertson
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lucy Clarke is an author I usually save for my beach reads in the summer. She has a wonderful way of bringing her settings to life, most of which are based near or around water, so I always want to read them whilst on holiday by the sea. You Let Me In is set on the Cornish coast, a personal favourite of mine when it comes to family getaways, so I definitely felt a shiver of anticipation as soon as I picked this up.

There was a darkly gothic feel to the narrative here that I’ve not felt before wit
Thebooktrail
description

Visit: the locations in the novel

Now I can be very hit and miss with novels that get inside your head. But this was a hit as it was so believable and possible AND it contained so many things, many people can identify with.

A woman has split from her husband and is now living in a very nice cliff house with glass frontage in Cornwall they both planned and dreamed of. Think "Grand Designs" with style.

Same women is a writer who is way behind deadline on her second novel. The first one was such a hit
Mike Sumner
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I thought - 400 odd pages, read 100 pages a day and finish in four days. Yeah, right! Be prepared for You Let Me In to grip you from the get go. I could not put this down - well, had to to get some sleep - finished in two sittings - breathless! Wow! An author, Lucy Clarke, writing about an author, Elle Fielding. An internationally recognised and highly successful author based on the publication of her first book. Fame, wealth and enough income to buy a cliff-top property in Cornwall and rebui ...more
Becca
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Elle Fielding is a writer. Her first novel a roaring success with a six-figure advance and a second novel in the pipeline. Having built her dream home, and in the midst of a divorce, she is persuaded to rent it out on Airbnb during her trip to France. When she returns home, however, something doesn’t feel right. She starts to discover that not everything is how she left it. Is it all in her imagination, as she is repeatedly told, or has she let someone in to pick apart her past?

It has been some
Joann
What a wonderful setting for a mystery - the beautiful Cornish coast. This started out as a very promising mystery but somewhere along the line, I was about ready to give up. The ending was a bit too dramatic for me so it was a just an OK read. I know it got great reviews and I can understand why but for me, it just didn't click.
Rachael
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved his! Full review to come when I’m back from the US.
Lois
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!
Really really good, extremely unsettling and creepy! Definitely a page turner alright!
Sue K
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The market for psychological thrillers is getting saturated but this debut thriller is a cut above the others.

Believable plotline, believable characters and a wonderfully tense atmosphere centred around a house on a cliff on the Cornish coastline.

Elle Fielding has become an internationally bestselling author overnight with her debut novel. She has made quite a lot of money – enough, in fact to totally refurbish a fisherman’s cottage on the clifftop in Cornwall, much to the annoyance of her neigh
Donna Irwin
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my ! Breathtakingly good. Read in a day. That good!

Elle has invested everything in her perfect Cornish house. She decides to rent it out when she is away, but when she returns, nothing seems the same. Elle is a writer with a vivid imagination. Have things really changed? Is she a reliable narrator?

A brilliantly written chilling psychological thriller with twists and turns aplenty. Lucy Clarke writes beautiful prose and slowly builds the tension, using the readers imagination as well as that
A Davis
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to win this book in an instagram competition by author Lucy Clarke. As my favourite author, I read the book as soon at it landed on the doorstep.

There can be a lot of let down when your expectations are high, but You Let Me In is every bit as wonderful as Lucy's four previous novels. Well written, tense, full of twists, unpredictable and believable. Tie all that in with excellent narrative, beautiful descriptions and likable characters and you've got one amazing book.

Perfect
Mary Lou
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-thrillers
Elle has seen success with the publication of her first novel, but now she is under pressure to follow it with another good one. She has spent the advance and more on remodelling her dream house on the cliffs, so now she has money problems too.
On returning after renting her home on Airbnb, she starts to realise something has changed.
You Let Me In is a good one of the genre. Elle is a credible character, her supporting cast a little less so, but the descriptive and atmospheric writing coupled wit
Sally Boocock
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
A read in one sitting kind of book. I did. This spine tingling and eerie book kept me reading all night. Telling the story of Elle, the author of a best seller who moves to Cornwall to write her second novel. Previous to moving back to her house overlooking the sea she had let it out on airbnb. Upon returning things start happening which begin to play with her mind. It also runs along side the story of her younger life with her sister and at university. The atmospheric conditions gradually build ...more
Lucy Clarke is the bestselling author of five psychological thrillers - THE SEA SISTERS, A SINGLE BREATH, THE BLUE/NO ESCAPE, LAST SEEN and YOU LET ME IN. Her debut novel was a Richard and Judy Book Club pick, and her books have been translated into 12 languages. She has a first class degree in English Literature.

Lucy is a passionate traveller and fresh air enthusiast. She's married to a professi