Start by marking “The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2)

The Kingdom of Copper

(The Daevabad Trilogy #2)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
S. A. Chakraborty continues the sweeping adventure begun in The City of Brass—"the best adult fantasy I’ve read since The Name of the Wind" (#1 New York Times bestselling author Sabaa Tahir)—conjuring a world where djinn summon flames with the snap of a finger and waters run deep with old magic; where blood can be dangerous as any spell, and a clever con artist from Cairo ...more
Expected publication: January 22nd 2019 by Harper Voyager (first published January 8th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Kingdom of Copper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kingdom of Copper

Aimal (Bookshelves & Paperbacks)
Aug 21, 2017 marked it as anticipated-releases
I have never needed anything more in my life. Let me choke back my sob, pull up my pants and sit here for a year.

Melanie

ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

1.) The City of Brass ★★★★★

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
Kilikina
ME AFTER READING THE LAST LINE OF THE DESCRIPTION
description
________

UPDATE: release date pushed back to January 2019........⚰⚰⚰

Dying for even a SLIVER of info about this! 😩
Ruby
Jan 10, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My experiences with The Daevabad Trilogy thus far: A Graphic Journey

Me upon finishing The City of Brass:

Me upon realizing I have to wait 11 whole months until I can read the Kingdom of Copper:

Me, waiting for the next installment of this series like:

jia ✨
I NEED THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I CAN'T WAIT A YEAR TO READ THIS.
♚ ember
Jan 24, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I would, like, 600% sell my soul to an ifrit to have this book in my hands right now. where are magic lamps when you need them?
Rosamund Hodge
Heart-pounding and heart-wrenching and an utterly perfect sequel.
Scrill
Sep 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019, arc
When you get that e-mail from Edelweiss that your review copy is available for download for one of your most anticipated reads of 2019.

julia ☆ [owls reads]
#1 The City of Brass: ★★★★★

Acqua
Jul 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: adult, fantasy, db, tbr-sequels
This may be one of my most anticipated books for next year but this cover does kind of look as if someone is being abducted by aliens
Merline
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shannon put her whole foot in this book. Do yourself a favor and treat yo self to this book and these characters and this world. Pre-order this. I need time to write a full review because I'm so emotional right now. my heart is full, but I'm emotional. ahhhhh. I need book 3. I don't know how I'll survive the wait.
Angela
Shehzeen Muzaffar
2019? SERIOUSLY? AFTER THAT ENDing? I NEED IT NOW!!!!
Kalie
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There's nothing like that feeling of sweet, sweet relief when the follow-up to one of your favorite reads of the last year ends up being just as wonderful. SWEET, SWEET RELIEF, my friends.
Emilly The Book Scamp
**Spoiler free for all my good guys and gals out there in the big, big world**

Once more, readers return to Daevabad only to find themselves stunned at its unimaginable glory.

And by stunned, I mean absolutely, gobsmacked, mouth open-and-home-to-three-generations of flies stunned.

This was absolutely amazing and a fabulous follow-up to S.A. Chakraborty’s debut, City of Brass.

Nahri is once more the center of attention as she languishes in, at once, the safest and most dangerous place in the world fo
Nada Hosny
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the land whose essence still flowed in her blood and beat in her heart. Cairo, the city she missed so fiercely it took her breath away at times.

CRAZYYYY!
I'm gong crazy.
The book is from 3 POV: Nahri, Ali, and Dara.

I personally, don't like multiple POV, i get attracted to one side of the story and get bored when i get to the others pov. but did that happen in this book? NOOOO!
Every single chapter/POV was amazingly interesting! so PACKED AND INTENSE. but when a chapter ends and another one with
Adiba Jaigirdar
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, sci-fi-fantasy
I can't. Holy shit. The City Of Brass was amazing but how has Chakraborty surpassed that amazingness tenfold? Full review when I pick my jaw off the floor and recover from that rollercoaster of emotions because MY GOD.
Nkisu
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I SHOULD'VE WAITED UNTIL BOOK THREE. MY BRAIN IS A MESS. HOW SHANNON WAS ABLE TO SURPASS THE PERFECTION THAT IS THE CITY OF BRASS, IS BEYOND ME. I'll need some time to collect myself before writing a full review because damn, this book.
Amanda Mccoy
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS!! Oh wait, I haven’t read it yet. But seriously, book one was amazing. It was so amazing that I read it in 2 days. I went to the bookstore looking for a new read and sat there for over an hour looking at reviews on random books. After being let down numerous times, I finally staggered upon the first book of this series. It sucked me in immediately. Needless to say, I’m really looking forward to book 2.
Niki
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series so much, I was so upset it ended!! Book #3 please??
carnovalesque
Jul 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
this cover literally made me sob
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Alright, I still actually have to read the first book but this comes out in January so I still have time lol
Faith 09
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have no words to describe how I feel about this book. Just that I am in need of the next one.
m.a.
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My review is just a gif of Captain Holt going : PAAAAAAAIN.
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
GIVE THIS TO ME NOW!
Ashlee
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would love to find out some details or set date for when this book will be out! I can’t wait to see what happens.
Ashleigh | Wild Heart Reads
Need, NEED, NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD *grabby hands*
Mike
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galley
4.0 out of 5 stars

It took me a little while to sink back into this story, but once I did it was a treat to return to Chakraborty’s richly drawn world. Her prose remains lush, fresh, and infinitely readable. Apart from an explosive finale, the excitement levels were dialed back a bit from the first book and the character building was more centerstage. Since Chakraborty has already established her main trio of characters, she could really focus on fleshing out their motivations and exploring the d
Maribeth
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I savored Chakraborty’s first installment of the Daevabad trilogy, City of Brass. When I heard Kingdom of Copper was available for review, I could not wait to jump back in. After a quick catch-up, we move forward 5 years, following our three main characters, Nahri, Ali, and Dara. We get to know each them a bit more deeply as they navigate their way through the political intrigue that has been foisted upon them. What I really enjoyed, though, was the depth to which the secondary characters were a ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
S. A. Chakraborty is a speculative fiction writer from New York City. Her debut, The City of Brass, was the first book in The Daevabad Trilogy and has been short-listed for the Locus, British Fantasy and World Fantasy awards. When not buried in books about Mughal miniatures and Abbasid political intrigue, she enjoys hiking, knitting, and recreating unnecessarily complicated medieval meals for her ...more

The Daevabad Trilogy (3 books)
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
  • Untitled (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3)