What do you think?
Rate this book
400 pages, ebook
First published June 11, 2019
me before this book: i can't wait! i've finally found another 5 star romance book! i can't wait for the steamy sex scenes!
me after reading the first chapter:
"With a handful of little-sister tit.
'Christ, Georgie.' He let her go like she'd caught fire, but not before registering the fullness of her breast, the way it tucked into his palm like a sweet little peach, her nipple tightening on contact."
"Virgin or not, you've thought about riding this dick or you wouldn't have dropped your skirt for me. Tell me I'm right."
"Sexual pain slashed across his face, his body growing rigid. 'Baby girl. I pump against this pussy one more time and I'm not coming anywhere but balls deep. Those panties are history. You hear me? You see how fucked up I am?"
"An earthquake. Her orgasm obliterated her, twisting her loins like a pretzel and squeezing while her legs fought for purchase against the overwhelming nature of it."
"But he'd get over that part. They hadn't engaged in the main event, so he probably just had some extreme form of blue balls. If it meant spraining his fucking wrist, he'd handle the problem sooner or later."
"She was the epitome of wholesome. Until he got her on her back, apparently. Nothing wholesome about how she came. His dick pushed against the front of his fly and he cursed."
"He wanted to give her pleasure. Wanted to protect her. And fuck the consequences, he wanted to turn himself into her addiction..."
“some part of me still thought of you as my friend's little sister. not anymore. you're all mine now. i'll take you how i want.“
"i've got no fucking right to be between these legs."
"you do. i gave it to you."
• “the pleasure of the flesh” (which only sounds like a really bad band name)
• “classic sign of AN AROUSED MALE”
• “the giant appendage that made Georgie feel like she was sitting on a full aluminium foil roll” (I MEAN WHAT IS THAT? WHY IS SHE USING THESE WORDS TO DESCRIBE TRAVIS’S DICK WHAT)
• “his flesh” (a synonym for his dick? c'mon)
• “the organ in his chest” (you know, his HEART)
• “a cornered male”
• “the look of pure male exasperation (how does that differ from normal exasperation, please tell me)
• “contentment spread like JAM ON BREAD in her belly” (why do use these words for this comparison, I have so many questions)
• “male rapture”
"he couldn’t help speculating on how her neck would taste. or the inside of her wrist."
• “what he said yesterday wasn’t arrogance talking – it was simply more common for women to get attached when sex was part of the equation. basic science, right?”
• “there’s something up with the womenfolk”
• “by georgie’s third attempt to back into a parking space, travis was shaking his head.”(this is funny because women can't drive???)
• “typical feminine urge to squeal to her friends”
• stephen not allowing bethany, his sister, more freedom in their company when both of them inherited it because he’s a traditionalist?? wow, no, women can’t take on more responsibility than men or what I DON’T GET YOU, STEPHEN, HONESTLY
One second, laughter kindled in his throat, and the next, it was tight. Just tight. Because flushed and looking up at him with her bright green eyes, Georgette Castle was the most beautiful thing on the planet.