Start by marking “Fix Her Up” as Want to Read:
Fix Her Up

Fix Her Up

(Hot & Hammered #1)

A brand new romantic comedy from New York Times bestseller Tessa Bailey!

Georgette Castle’s family runs the best home renovation business in town, but she picked balloons instead of blueprints and they haven’t taken her seriously since. Frankly, she’s over it. Georgie loves planning children’s birthday parties and making people laugh, just not at her own expense. She’s dete
Expected publication: June 11th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Fix Her Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fix Her Up

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books, favorites
➳GIVEAWAY! I am hosting a finished paperback giveaway on my blog for TWO lucky winners! Make sure to enter by clicking here.

➳Once you read a Tessa Bailey romance, there is no going back... And FIX HER UP is not an exception because you will fall in love with Travis and Georgie instantly...

➳Instantly you are drawn to this marvelous cover, and then you read the synopsis and you think... "WOW GIVE ME THAT BAD BOY RIGHT THIS MOMENT! Let me just start this review by saying that if you have not read
Kathy - Books & Munches
Jan 18, 2019 marked it as earcs-tbr
Shelves: releases-2019
I adore romance novels that start out with a fake relationship so SIGN ME UP!
☽ TheBibliotheque
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-arc

If I were to categorize my 2018 reading highlights, discovering Tessa Bailey would be in my romance top three. Shoutout to CristiinaReads for making me pick up Runaway Girl - I will be forever grateful. The reasons why I instantly fell in love with Bailey are simple. For one, this woman’s writing style is uncommonly good and
Emma
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
The ARC of this book was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Full review to come when we're closer to the release date.

When I read the premise of this book I was sold. A romance about Georgie, a young woman who wants to be taken seriously despite her job and her age. Yes to that! The fake-dating trope with Travis, her brother’s best friend and former baseball star, yes please!
So, as I said, the premise was good, but then unfortunately it went downhill pre
Anna Banana

OH EM GEE! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS BOOK!.

For perhaps the first time this year, a book that I've been highly anticipating FINALLY lives up to my expectations. And let me tell you, it feels so damn good to be able to say that.

This book is the perfect blend of fake dating meets I've been secretly crushing on my older brother's best friend my entire life. Normally I'm not a fan of when the heroine has been secretly crushing on a guy and he's been oblivious and never noticed
Dísir
Some time has passed since I’ve put my nose in a Tessa Bailey read and it’s only a reminder how assured Bailey is with words. Though I’ll be the first to say that her stories can be a hit or miss for me.

I wavered on ‘Fix Her Up’ despite the cute blurb. Tackling the brother’s best-friend, fake dating trope (crossed with the manwhore/guileless virgin one which I didn’t expect and detested), it actually started off pretty damn well, then turned predictably cringeworthy because the blurb hadn’t qui
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
I love books that have the fake relationship trope and ones that have the hero or heroine in love with a siblings best friend. In this case, it’s the heroine, Georgie, whose in love with her brother’s best friend, Travis. What didn’t work for me was the fact that Georgie’s in love with Travis for pretty much her whole life. She puts him on a pedestal and I don’t like the fact that she waited and waited just for him. It was kinda pathetic. Especially when Travis is a huge manwhore and never gives ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
So excited!!!

MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arcs

(ARC provided by HarperCollins)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
b.andherbooks
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, contemporary, romance
I've been waiting for the perfect moment to read the ARC of Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey, and there was no better way to honor a fav than by making it my first read of 2019!

No way I'd rather kick-off my reading year than with this gem by one of my favorite authors!

I'm already in love with Georgie, the town clown and sister no one takes seriously, and how she's bringing the man she's always loved to his knees. Go girl! Funny and oh so hot 🔥

Sorry everyone, you'll have to wait until June 2019 to read
Chitra *CJ*
Nov 01, 2018 marked it as dying-to-read-thud
I love this effing adorable cover and this heartwarming blurb. NEEEED
Kristin
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m going to go out on a limb (wink) and say I LOVED this story. I had no preconceived notions from the cover being “cute”. I wanted romance and I got it. Call me easy.... (shrugs)
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Tessa Bailey Fans, Romance
August 29, 2018
Hot and Hammered, eh...
Well, We also know Tessa Bailey...
Plans to Fix Her up...

And that could mean all sorts of things...
Especially Partnered with being Hammered...
Because when you have the Queen of Filthy Talking Sexy Times...

Whoever it is, Bailey is going to....

Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)-February 26th 2019

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

photo banner_zpsb3ab83a0.jpg
Megan Lyons
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
I think I enjoyed this book more than it probably warranted, as it hit of bunch of the notes I tend to like in romance novels. I really enjoy a quirky heroine, watching the love interest fall in love slowly without really realize it's happening, and a lot chemistry and build up. However, I feel like there is a bit of a juxtaposition between what kind of a book it looks like, and some of the content. It is quite smutty compared to what it seems like it should be on first glance. I don't mind grap ...more
Samantha Brody
This was an excellent choice for Valentine's Day reading, come at me. While I normally am wary AF of any "I've loved you for years" from the lady's side books, this was SPECTACTULARLY well done and super super satisfying and Georgie, I would run an entertainment company with you anyday.

There was a lot of great female friendships and Ladies supporting Ladies (and shut shaming apologies and lady support!) that I also just loved, and I was HERE for how love struck Travis was after Week One, immedi
Scrill
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC from Edelweiss for a fair review. Full RTC!! SO CUTE!!
Katrina
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm starting to see a trend: these cute cartoon covers hide very naughty pages! I love it.

When I first started this book I was so enthralled that when I check to see how far along I had gotten, I was at 80%. 🤯. I just could not pull my eyes away from the pages!

Georgie is someone that I feel such a connection with! She is like millions of other young adults that are just trying to show the world they are actually adults. I identified with her in a way that completely took me by surprise.

I lov
Jacqueline Francis
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five swoon-worthy stars!

Tessa Bailey brought the HEAT yet again with another winner. In true Bailey style, she put together two destined hotties in a delicious romp! I loved the story (who doesn't love a childhood crush turning into something more?) and the love scenes were SO HOT!

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Erin
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Tessa Bailey novel, and I must say it was pretty adorable. The washed-up baseball star hero and children’s entertainer heroine strike up a bargain to pretend to date. Each has their own reasons for a fake relationship, but it’s not as easy as they think it’ll be.

The only things I didn’t like: Travis constantly refers to Georgie as “baby girl,” which is probably supposed to be endearing but comes off as a little misogynistic and condescending. And Georgie has a bit too much man
Ali
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, where to start, where to start...

Georgie. Let's start there. She is nothing less than a fiery, adorable ball of goodness. She's a clown. Like, legit, a clown for children's party. Problem is, most everyone in her life only sees her as that. While she's still young, in her early 20s, she's ready to be seen as a grown up.

I LOVED Georgie. She's five stars in my book! She was the perfect mix of vulnerability, wittiness, and cuteness.

Georgie has spent most of her life in love with her brothers
Morgan
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Lately all of the adult fiction romance books with the super cute illustrated covers have been giving me LIFE, but unfortunately this one was just a little disappointing.

I loved the overall premise. Fake dating is one of my all time favorite tropes, add it in with one of my others, childhood friends all grown up, and it’s basically the perfect storm of reading. The characters were what made this one less appealing than others I’ve read.

The plot was enjoyable and the writing was good, but Travis
Katie
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fix Her Up is your typical Tessa Bailey novel. Amazing from start to finish. Her style of writing just pulls you in from that first sentence and hypnotizes you until the next thing you know it's over and you haven't even realized that hours have passed. At least, that's what happened to me.

Is the plot incredibly unique? No. It's your common "let's fake date and, on no, we fell in love" situation. But, I didn't care one lick about the common trope because Bailey creates some lovable characters wh
Courtney  Hagel-Swinson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic, five star read from Tessa Bailey. I couldn’t put Fix Her Up down. I was hooked from the beginning. Broody baseball player? Quirky, hilarious clown heroine?? Sign me up. This story had me cracking up and swooning so hard. I loved the slow burn. Georgie and Travis getting to know each other as adults was the best part, especially as Travis got to know Georgie as a strong, confident woman who isn’t afraid to be who she is. Georgie’s strength of character really helped Travis to s ...more
Shari Suarez
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Travis Ford was a baseball hero until an injury derailed his career. Now he's back in Port Jefferson wallowing in self-pity. Georgie Castle isn't about to let that happen. She's the sister of Travis's best friend and has been in love with him since she was a child. She forces him out into the real world where he finds a temporary job working for her family.
Georgie is the youngest in her family and they don't take her seriously. She doesn't work for the family business but instead is a clown for
Shanese La'tia M
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I most definitely didn’t hate this story at all but I didn’t love it the way I wanted to and that’s fine because I still like and enjoyed it. The fake dating troupe is one of my favorites and if a book has that in it, I’m reading it. Georgie was definitely my favorite thing about this book. She was happy with her life even though people judged her for being a clown. She enjoyed her work and wanted to expand on it. My real issue with the story was. . .

Full review here: http://thebo0ki3.blogspot.
Judy
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, romantic
There was a lot of potential for this story. Fake dating tropes are always my weakness but about halfway thru the book I lost interest. I blame the background characters. They took me out of the story and I felt it didn't add anything to the story when they were around. The romantic leads were fun but I didn't feel much when the happy ending was presented. I was entertained but I was also indifferent at the end.

Thank you to Netgally, HarperCollins Publishers & Avon for providing the book in
Rachel Webb
I love Tessa Bailey soooo much so when I saw this for early download on Edelweiss, I was so in! The characters were well developed and easy to fall in love with expecially Georgette and her friends in the Just Us League (can't wait for their books!!). Travis took a little bit longer for me to like since he dismssed Gerogette a bit too long for me in the beginning, but he quickly made up for it with the dinner at her parents house.

I've been loving the self-published titles so I hope Bailey conti
Julia
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Couldn’t put it down! Full of sweet, funny and sexy moments! Loved to see Georgie’s and Travis’ relationship develop! Definitely recommend for fans of Helen Hoang and Sally Thorne. Can’t wait for more!
Crystal
Travis and Georgie’s book is just spectacular. From the premise to the story Itself, and the side stories with friends and family, it’s just perfection. I loved everything about this book, but especially loved how these two helped each other be who they were meant to be.
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Untitled (Rokesbys #4)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities #4)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • Pride and Dad Jokes (Ideal Man, #1)
  • The Two Week Arrangement
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • Waiting for Tom Hanks
  • Meet Cute
  • Worth Fighting For (Warrior Fight Club, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.3)
  • Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors
“Maybe it was the way she only reached his shoulder that sent protectiveness surging up to his jugular, while somehow—at the very same time—he wanted to seek refuge in her.” 0 likes