Start by marking “The Weekend Spa Break” as Want to Read:
The Weekend Spa Break

The Weekend Spa Break

(Friendships Online #2)

After finally meeting in person at the publishing party of the season, Constance and Estelle are determined not to let their friendship return to mere virtual champagne bottles and uploaded pictures of food.
It’s been a busy year, and Constance feels it’s time to reward herself with the spa break Estelle gave her for Christmas. Naturally, Constance wouldn’t dream of taking
Kindle Edition
Published April 30th 2018 by Books and Authors Publishing UK

To ask other readers questions about The Weekend Spa Break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Weekend Spa Break

Start your review of The Weekend Spa Break
Berit☀️✨
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, blog-tour
4.25 luxurious Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟.25

This is the second story in a three-part series of short stories, and it was absolutely delightful... it also can absolutely be read as a standalone, I believe you get a really good idea of who these characters are in this book... The premise behind the entire series is people becoming “friends“ online.... this is something I have thought about myself... being part of the book community and having met so many people through my book blog and Goodreads.... people I woul
DJ Sakata
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

I turn back to the view beyond the French doors and blink in admiration. It’s how I would imagine Narnia to be, but without the snow; it’s evergreen, magical, enchanting, and delightful.

The smell of scrumptious food somehow pulls me along the corridor as if an invisible rope is attached around my waist.

I know by now that although everyone’s journey is so different, they couldn’t be more similar.

She’s Miss Adrenaline Junkie remember… Can you imagine what their wedding will be like
Zoe
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Genuine, humorous, and a little mysterious!

In this latest novella, The Weekend Spa Break, we check back in on the gang of online friends we were introduced to in The Big Event and head out on an exquisite getaway with authors Constance and Estelle as they unwind, relax, and get to know each other a little better.

The writing is descriptive and smooth. The characters are supportive, fun-loving, and likable. And the plot is a lovely blend of developing friendships, budding romance, a handsome masse
Whispering Stories
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Continuing on from book one, The Big Event, in the Friendships Online Short Story Series, Author Constance asks her friend and author Estelle to go for a weekend spa break with her, using the gift voucher that Estelle gave her for a Christmas present.

The two have fun together, finding out lots of things they didn’t know about one another and realising how similar their lives are. However, the weekend doesn’t quite end the way they were hoping t
Chandra Claypool (WhereTheReaderGrows)
I love these little shorter stories as a series. The Big Event was such a pleasant read as most of us who have ventured into social media and have found a community we relate to, have made friends - it's bringing those on screen friendships to life and meeting in person that can be daunting and exciting at the same time. But when you meet a few friends that you really connect with - that's the fun part! True friendships can certainly be made. We also learn that not everything is as it seems so d ...more
Anissa
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick and cute story that continues with the two friends readers met in The Big Event. Constance and Estelle finally go on the weekend spa break using the voucher that Estelle gifted Constance and it's the getaway they both need. The posh resort is all things plush and pampering and that's a good thing because both ladies have some of their home life concerns on their minds and Constance has an actual intrusion connected to her now ex-fiancee, Maxwell (though I'm not yet convinced the intrusio ...more
Grace J Reviewerlady
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As the second book in this series, this is an excellent read. Following on from the first one, it expands on the friendship between Constance and Estelle allowing us an insight into their lives.

When Constance finally decides the time is right to use the spa voucher Estelle gifted at Christmas, there is only one person she wants to take with her. So off they go, out of the city and heading for a relaxing break - or so they hope! As they get to know each other better, they discover they have more
Els
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When you meet up with people you only have known online it's very different. When you are face to face to someone, you often see their emotions reflected in their eyes and face. You often think that you only have that one thing you discuss on social media in common, but you might be in for a surprise. Some people are a lot more like you or in the same situation than you ever imagined.

This is more than once the start of a very good friendship and a person you can rely on is always something you n
Alison
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading The Big Event, the first in this series I have been looking forward to catching up with the group of friends again to see how things are progressing.

Yet again The Weekend Spa Break focuses quite strongly on the use of social media and how much of an influence that has on all our lives. While this group originally met online they now have the benefit of getting to know each other in a deeper way and it’s interesting how this affects their relationships.

I enjoy Anne’s writing, what c
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
Happy Publication Day! The Weekend Spa Break is part two of the Friendships online series and is best read in order, read The Big Event first! Brilliant to be back with familiar characters and in a relaxed setting of a spa! Fancy.

This is the perfect bite sized chick-lit story for readers who love short stories. I loved seeing Constance’s and Estelle’s relationship grow within the spa break! There is still the message highlighting how social media can affect families and friends within this story
Christie72 (Devilishly Delicious Book Reviews)
What a charming read about the importance of friendship!

This is a continuation of the characters from the previous book, The Big Event. However, this one is mostly about Constance and Estelle. Constance runs into Estelle in a coffee shop, and it quickly becomes apparent that these two need a break from life as they are both single mothers. They decide to take a weekend at a spa, Glitzy. Both are having a great time even with Constance’s ex-fiance, Maxwell, calling her incessantly.

This was a fant
Anne
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Weekend Spa Break by Anne John-Ligali is a delicious, quick read. A novella that follows the first instalment and finds lead character Constance and her friend Estelle having a spa day. The spa voucher was a gift from Estelle to Constance.

Although it's just these two characters who visit the spa, the author cleverly incorporates their friends into the story by using social media as a way to communicate with them. So, although they are not there, the reader gets to know a little more about th
Joanna Park
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, easy read that was quite fast paced and thoroughly entertaining . The author manages to fit quite a lot of action into this short book which helped to keep my interest.

The story focuses mainly on Constance & Estelle, their friendship and experience at the spa.  However the reader is kept up-to-date with the other members of the group through social media updates which I thought was a very modern, clever idea as that’s how a lot of people jeekin touch nowadays.

The author has a gre
Linda Hill
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Constance is in need of a treat and a weekend spa break with Estelle seems just the thing.

Although it would be good to have read the first in the Friendships Online Series, The Big Event, because it’s lovely to continue the story, it really isn’t necessary. Anne John-Ligali drops in just the right level of information so that The Weekend Spa Break works just as well as a stand alone read as it does as part of a series.

I love how Anne John-Ligali packs so much into a novella and she doesn’t stint
Jessica
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
All my reviews can be found at: http://jessicasreadingroom.com
~~~~
This review will appear on my site on June 1, 2019.
~~~~
The Weekend Spa Break is the second in the Friendships Online short story trilogy. Weekend picks up where The Big Event Ends. We are with Constance and Estelle and they are having a wonderful spa weekend relaxing and getting to know each other better and discovering how much they actually have in common!  And who is this hottie that Constance keeps seeing around and exchanging
Yvonne
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After meeting up with various online virtual friends in the first book The Big Event. Constance and Estelle make an agreement to keep in touch. This they do and and have a weekend spa break and discover they have more in common than they actually realised.

This is a series I am really starting to enjoy, the first story was a novella. In this one we start to get to know more about the group, some away from their online persona’s. The author uses the social media elements that many of us have and i
Felicia
The Weekend Spa Break packs a lot of emotion and fun into a short read.

We’re quickly caught up on the group of online friends who stepped out of the virtual world and met for the first time in The Big Event.

While Karmel, Jagger, Stan, and Henry are never far from thought, this is Constance and Estelle’s story.

Their literary lives take a back seat during a weekend spa getaway where they bond like sisters and find out they have more in common than they realized.

The weekend itself was cathartic for
Kate A
Shelves: 2018-reads
The Weekend Spa Break kicks off from where The Big Event, the first part in the series, ends. This book was a lot more in-depth than the last book, it was a bit longer and had a bit more meat to it which I enjoyed and I liked that you got to see more of Constance and find out her backstory.

I liked Constance, after not getting much time to get to know her in the first book it was nice to have the opportunity here. There were a few things that irked me on occasion like her calling her son “my Char
Gmr
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Here, we have the continued story of Constance...romance writer, adoring mother, jilted fiance...beginning at the end, or at least where the end of the first story left off. (Love the lack of time gap!) She's met some of her online acquaintances, and while some she'd rather not hang about, there are others that fast turn into friends. Some add humor, some bring style, some have attitude to spare, whether or not any of these things are actually valid matters not because they are delivered with co ...more
B.R. Maycock
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
You’ll remember I enjoyed The Big Event by the lovely Anne John Ligali (ironically to the theme of social media in her stories, I’ve briefly ‘spoken’ to her on this forum and she’s lovely AND a chick lit champion so big thumbs up from here!) which made me rush to get to the next installment, this, The Weekend Spa Break, where Constance is availing of the spa voucher presented to her by Estelle in installment number 1. I was happy to see that Estelle was going with her so we’d get to knowanother ...more
Nicola Smith
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having enjoyed the first of these Friendships Online stories, The Big Event, I was keen to return to Constance, Estelle and co and see what happened next. The Weekend Spa Break starts, quite literally, where The Big Event left off.

This second instalment is a bit longer than the first and a bit more in-depth. We learn quite a bit more about Constance and Estelle, in particular, as we see them go to the Glitzy Spa together, Constance using the gift that Estelle gave her at The Big Event to cement
Joanne
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second in a series of short stories about friends who met first online and then in real life.This story was about Estelle and Constance who are spending a weekend at Glitzy's Spa. Over the course of the weekend, as well as enjoying the relaxation and pampering at the spa, their friendship develops as they begin to find out more about each other. They discover they have a lot more in common than being romantic novelists, particularly when it comes to their young sons. The little insig ...more
Lost in a Book Review
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was kindly sent this book by Rachel's Random Resourses in exchange for an honest review.

This is a lovely story about online friendships between authors, bloggers and cover designers!

The Weekend spa Break is such a feel good romcom style book, it made me laugh, in part, because I also chat online to a lot of authors and often wonder what would happen if we ever met in 'real life'.

It's an easy read that will hold your attention. It's cleverly written and even includes the odd #hashtag!

The book
Louise
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I reviewed the first part of the series, The Big Event in November last year and have looked forward to the second installment ever since.

We now move on from the sparkly Christmas party where the group of online friends met up for the first time. Since then a few months have passed and the main character Constance meets up with friend Estelle for a spa break.

It was nice to get to know the characters of Estelle and Constance in more detail. I think the novella showed that it's so important to hav
Rachel (Rae)
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Even though this is part two in the Friendships Online series I still feel that it can be read as a standalone. I really enjoyed the friendship between Constance and Estelle, it was lovely to see them spend more time together and indulge in some pampering at the same time.

The story moves quickly with plenty of fun moments along with a touch of drama. With The Weekend Spa Break being a short story it is ideal to read in an evening or even while having a relaxing afternoon. The great thing about
Bena Roberts
My Review The Weekend Spa Break - Anne John-Ligali

I warmed to this book about friendships and betrayal. I think I am a bit too old and boring for this type of glitzy lifestyle! I did enjoy this a lot more than the first book though.

The Good
This is classic women's friendship fiction with a bit of a love triangle. I loved the cover and everything about the image of a Weekend Spa Break but I think that the juicy bits were a bit short.. (see the Ugly, below)

The Bad

I am not sure I liked the tense of
L.S.
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Weekend Spa Break was a gift to Constance from Estelle in the previous book of this series - The Big Event - so it made sense for her to ask Estelle to join her.
Together, they find out more about each other while enjoying the benefits of the spa break. Both of them being authors, it soon turned out they had more in common than they realised: their children in particular.
The spa venue was a real treat, a place I could definitely spend some time in.
This was a fun short read, longer than book
Rebekah Louise
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I took this book away with me on holiday and I devoured it sat by the pool over two days. I really enjoyed the story line and I was pleasantly surprised by how much depth and intrigue Anne has created within the story. I would certainly recommend The Big Event and The Weekend Spa Break to everyone who likes a chick lit read.
Donna Maguire

This is a really fun read, it flows very well and I loved the plot.

This is the second book in the series and I would recommend reading the first book if you can, although this can be read as a stand alone you will get more out of the series if you read them in order as the characters stories carry through in to this book.

The author packs a lot in to this novella - four stars from me for this one - a quick and enjoyable read!
Michaela
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this book. A fun girls weekend, bonding over children, a crazy twist ending and is there romance in the clouds? I’m on the edge of my seat wanting to read the next book.

• One Summer Weekend
  • A Daring Heart: A Victorian Highland Romance (Highland Hearts Book 1)
  • The Perfect Kiss (Kissed by the Bay #2)
  • Surprise Protector (Hamptons Filthy Rich #1)
  • An Inevitable Love
  • My Sweet Friend
  • It Was Always You (Little Sky Romance, #3)
  • Midsummer Night's Bride: An Andersen Family Romantic Comedy (Brides of Paradise Book 3)
  • Christmas Miracle (The Overcomers Book 1)
  • A Christmas Prayer
  • Diamond in the Dust (Elsie Creek, #1)
  • More Than Pretend
  • A Moment in Time (Give Me Shelter #2)
  • The Romantic Prophecy (Zambezi Series, #1)
  • Snow Day
  • My Greek Island Summer
  • Broken Hero
  • It Takes Two (Maple Glen #1)

Friendships Online (2 books)
  • The Big Event