Start by marking “The Caged Tiger” as Want to Read:
The Caged Tiger

The Caged Tiger

2.94  ·  Rating details ·  142 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Davina's love had long since died. It had been killed the night she'd given birth to their son while Ruy, her husband, had been dallying with another woman. Only for her child's sake was Davina now returning to Spain, to the aristocratic de Silvadores family - and to Ruy. But Ruy was changed beyond belief. What had once been a man of virile strength was now a devil of snar ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #519, 188 pages
Published August 1st 1982 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Caged Tiger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Caged Tiger

Sandra
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Twenty-four-year-old Davina (living in England with her three-year-old son Jamie) goes back to Spain (after she receives a letter asking her to) and to her surprise discovers her estranged husband Ruy (who is 35) has had an accident and is now paralyzed and in a wheelchair. (A few years ago Ruy’s mother and his ex-girlfriend Carmelita tried and succeeded in breaking Davina and Ruy up.) While Davina is in Spain Ruy and Davina try to make another go of their marriage for Jamie’s sake…

Ruy was overb
boogenhagen
StMargarets
Onu
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven."

John Milton (Paradise Lost)

This is definitely true for Davina, the TSTL heroine. She had already made up her mind and she glorified in her pitiable existence. The hero Ruy had dropped enough hints about his feelings for her but the heroine believes only what she wants to believe. She wanted to believe the worst in spite of the air being cleared by her mother-in-law.

I could not sympathize with her. I could sym
Jenny
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: heroine-i-hated
Heroine kissing paralyzed hero's friend in order to make him jealous and trying to kill herself by bulls was idiotic.
Grace Harwood
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was very torn with this book and couldn’t decide whether it was really, really good or a bit awful. The premise is this: the heroine (Davina) meets the hero (Ruy) whilst on holiday in Spain. They fall in love, get married and have a son. However, Ruy, it transpires, is a noble count and his mother is not at all happy that he’s married an English pauper on her holidays. The mother, it turns out, wanted him to marry a Spanish woman called Carmelita, and between her and Carmelita they set out to ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
There are holes in this story like a MILE WIDE! I am all for "suspending belief" to enjoy a story, but you gotta have a lobotomy to choke down this one!

The whole scene in the bull pen is pure bullshi&!
Booklover
all i can say is two idiots who meet,get married and destroy each others life in name of love

Ignore it
Julz

Trainwreck maximum. I would write a review but willaful wrote it perfectly. Go read her's because I ditto it word for word.
Fiona Marsden
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: If you like short sweet stories with a bit of heat
Oh joyful misunderstandings, evil Other Woman, lying family. What more could you ask for really?

Davina left her husband four years ago when he failed to turn up for the birth of their child. Ruy was supposedly with his true love, the woman he had argued with and then married the heroine as revenge. Yup, gotta love a guy who ties himself up to a sweet little innocent in order to punish his ex. If it were true.

Until Davina arrived at Ruy's family home in Portugal after their noneymoon, she believe
Desi
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporanea
Leído el 23/04/2010
Maura
Roub
May 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
the book was too silly! i can't believe two people wud separate bcoz of a packed of lies,fictitious facts which they did not even bother to confirm. ruy and davina acted like two gauche teenagers! the author made the story too far-fetched for me and too much scheming in the past which was not explained clearly as if the author herself was confused as to what shud have had occurred lol!
HÜLYA
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Offff çok sinirlendim okurken yahu..Bu adamın seni aldattığından eminsin de ne diye dönüp kendini aşağılatırsın hadi ya ...Adam desen o ayrı bir çaylak annesi ve sevgilisi karısının onu aldattığını soyluyorlar o da inanıyor..Geri zekalı..
Kadına yapmadığı hakaret kalmadı..Kadın da onursuz gurursuz..
Anai Arce
lenta
Ana Luisa
Nov 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
A escrita de Penny Jordan sempre me fascinou. Alguns dos seus livros acabaram por me acompanhar através da adolescência e ajudaram-me a sonhar durante longas tardes de leitura. Deste tipo de livros, os meus favoritos eram sempre com personagens masculinas que fossem de nacionalidade Espanhola, Francesa, Italiana ou Grega, pois as suas personalidades eram bastante marcantes. Estes homens têm tendência a serem o tópico homem rico, habituado a que nenhuma mulher lhes faça frente e por isso acabam p ...more
Raijilli Magaña
Amanda dalon
Jun 02, 2013 rated it liked it
My Rating a 2.5

Penny Jordan is one of my favorite Harlequin novelist, however this book is seriously lacking.
The overall summary is not original, however most books aren't and yet they still hold a voice and great story line that intrigues you.

The most that i had gotten out of this book is the history around bull fighting. The main characters were laughable i'm afraid. Ruy the proud Spaniard is definitely all ego and arrogance and his argument for not going after or at least investigating why h
Hemavathy DM Suppiah
Apr 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Rose
This is one of the very few Harlequin books that has any sort of quality to the writing style. While the plot is sadly generic, the author manages to bring this story to some semblance of life despite the mountain of clichés.
Sassafrass
*2.5 STARS*

I just don't understand these stories where these heroes just treat their women like trash and then all of a sudden the misunderstanding is cleared and all is well, HEA, etc. I would have kicked this guy to the curb long ago. I just don't understand why these women are doormats.
Rachel (Sfogs)
Sep 13, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing
Finished. If I didn't dislike Ruy so much I may have liked this book.
Su
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of the first romance books I have ever read. I liked it then, I don't know if I would still if I read it again.
Christina (SteepedinBooks)
Read: June 2014 1/5 stars
Read: May 2017 2/5 stars
Mary-jane
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
It wasn't actually that bad. I get why he was angry, i mean, come on, he's in a wheelchair and i don't think it's easy to live like that.Sure, it was mental but could he really overcome this?

Dmp88
Sep 24, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked this one very much, the reason I gave it 3 stars is because I felt the ending was too hurried and the story deserved a better ending.
Lynn Smith
Oct 12, 2015
Saumya Joneja
Jul 09, 2011
Taylijane
Apr 04, 2017
rated it did not like it
Nov 29, 2012
  • Mistress by Contract
  • The Judas Kiss
  • The Dark Side of Desire
  • The Love Conspiracy
  • The Baby Secret (Expecting)
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Letters (Rose Harbor #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Royal Chase (The Royals of Monterra)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Wingman (Alpha Male, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
  • The Last Move
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Turn, Right Direction (The Bourbon Street Boys, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Revealed to Him (Kerr Chronicles, #3)
  • I've Got Your Number
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Ink My Heart (Luminescent Juliet, #2)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Wild Swans
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Highland Surrender
  • Voyage of the Heart
  • Good Boy (WAGs, #1)
  • Even the Score
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Point of No Return (Kathleen Turner, #5)
  • 180 Seconds
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 8 Bodies is Enough (Body Movers, #8)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • The Matchmaker's Replacement (Wingmen Inc. #2)
  • Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin
    $2.99 $1.49
  • A Glimpse of the Dream
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Game Changer (The Perfect Game, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • How to Bake a Perfect Life
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Radio Silence
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Domination (Submission, #2; Songs of Submission, #4-6)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Sugar Springs (Sugar Springs, #1)