Start by marking “The Light Within Me: An Inspirational Memoir” as Want to Read:
The Light Within Me: An Inspirational Memoir

The Light Within Me: An Inspirational Memoir

The celebrated Fox News star and #1 New York Times bestselling author offers a powerful, uplifting look at her life and her spiritual journey, reflecting on her family, her faith, and her successful career.

In her bestselling children’s book Take Heart, My Child, Ainsley Earhardt drew on her childhood and the inspirational notes her father wrote her before school each morni
Published 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Light Within Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Light Within Me

Donna
Nov 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
If you loved this book and/or the author, then you might want to skip this review.

I didn't know who Ainsley was before I picked this up. I rarely give 1 star ratings, and I don't think I've ever given an autobiography a 1 star rating, but it just goes to show that all things are possible. I've read many autobiographies. It is a genre I enjoy. However, I did NOT enjoy this one at all. This falls into the "inspirational" & "Christian" categories, so I thought I'd more than like this because I
Maggie Boyd
May 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
I've read a lot of books espousing theories on what is wrong with Christianity in America today. Many of them focus on evangelical/conservative Christians as the problem, so in the name of balance I determined to read a book that presented the other side of the story. Ms. Earhardt, as a host of Fox and Friends, I felt would surely present that side.

She did, although that was not the focus of her story. Her primary focus is on taking us through a bit of the journey of her life. She shares the jo
Rebecca
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I normally don't read books like this, but for some reason just had to pick it up and read it immediately. I am very happy that I did. I really didn't know much about AE before reading this book, but was more interested in how her faith has played a role in her life.
I absolutely loved this book! Yes, it appears as though she lived a relatively (dare I say) easy early life, with no financial problems etc. but, she only came across as gracious and thankful for everything in her life. Her life was
Niki Mott
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't watch much TV, no cable TV in my home. As such, I had no idea who Ainsley was when I happened upon this at the library. I love that Ainsley was not afraid to speak from the heart about her faith and her patriotism. I had the audio book, nice to hear it read by the author.
Dawn
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice testimonial autobiography from someone I hope will have deeper things to say when another twenty years or so have passed.
Jeff Dawson
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it

Is this an in depth memoir? Not really, but then it isn’t supposed to be. Some reviewers have been disappointed with it. Why? She didn’t go into more detail on her divorce or the scandal with Roger Ailes. And? That isn’t the point of the story. If you’re hung up on those issues then you missed her point by a mile! It’s how she let God guide her. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?

She made a decision at a SAE party that would be life changing. She could continue to party or she could bre
Lady Jane
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Ms. Earhardt benefitted from every advantage that being raised in an intact, healthy, loving Christian home within monied Southern culture can offer -- with the added bonuses of cosmetic beauty, intelligence and social winsomeness. And, it appears that she did not detour down a rebellious path, except when expectations placed on her may have conflicted with her career goals. Ms. Earhardt's starting point in life was far ahead of most people, including other young women who became Christians at t ...more
April Teesdale
My Rating: 5 Stars
Publisher: Harper Collins
Narrator: Ainsley Earhardt
Length: 6 hours Unabridged
Genre: Nonfiction, Spiritual

I truly enjoyed this book.  I really connected to Ainsley throughout this book.  When she became a Christian, a TRUE Christian, I believe that many people go through the same thing.  I grew up in a Christian home, going to church on Sunday, Sunday night, Wednesday night prayer meeting and another time such as choir practice, drama, and many other activities. The point is whe
Rebecca
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it

"My mother taught me the power of hard work and determination . . . . . My father taught me confidence, which allowed me to follow my dreams and never be afraid of rejection."

"At a weekend that was supposed to be one of the biggest frat parties ever, my life changed forever because of Jesus. I love Him so much for what He has done for me."

"All of God's children will have trouble in this fallen world. But then Jesus gave one of the most precious promises in all the Bible. 'But take hear
Karen
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is a very light and fluffy narrative of a woman's life thus far. She is a hard working woman, no doubt, but never encounters any real hardships or difficulties. At least none of which all of us have not gone through at one time or another. I found it interesting, but only in the manner that I find the tabloids interesting. Following the stars has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Having said that I do believe her up beat attitude and goodness of heart made for a pleasurable and up ...more
Betty Silvia
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I listened to the audiobook. I see her everyday on the T.V., so I was drawn to read about her life. I appreciated that she told of some of her happy and also heartbreaking events of her life - but they are things that happen to everyone. Truth be told, while I like her presentation on T.V., I did not connect with her personally. I found little value added to my life from listening to this memoir.
Tiffany
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Personally I found the memoir may be too preachy for any non-Christian. She also dished out many life motivational quotes that seemed more cringeworthy and fake than aspirational. I found it disappointing that Ainsley mostly focused on the good cheesy successful stuff in her life and merely glossed over anything negative - making it hard to see her as real or relatable. Overall kudos to her success but I struggled to like her or the book.
Bruce
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Here's a girl who loves her job and loves the Lord. It disturbs me that the only mention of her husband is having given her the 'gift of motherhood.' Marriage #1 failed because she was absorbed with work. Must credit Ainsley for admitting that. I literally pray that she will give as much time to husband #2 as she does her daughter . . . and that her success at Fox will not squeeze out her family.
Dionne
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
I thought I would like this book a lot more than I did. I've read a lot of memoirs, and this one just lacked depth. Ainsley has certainly worked hard to get where she is in her career, but she doesn't share much insight. When she talks about hardships she just chocks it up to being God's will and moves on. I would've liked to hear more about what she learned from those times.

Laurie
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found the story of Ainsley really inspirational. The way she held on to her faith through some very difficult times and always gave praise to God! Really enjoyed this book and would highly recommend to anyone who wants to read an up lifting book about a hard working woman who followed the path that God set for her instead of following her own.
Megan
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
PG: Despite an entire southern culture with debutantes and country clubs that I cannot relate to, I did enjoy reading how Ainsley pursued her career path while building a foundation on her relationship with the Lord.
Bobbie
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not really one of my favorites. She has a great story, but frankly it isn't much different from what other people have experienced other than that she reached her goal of having a highly visible and high paying job.
Mj
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just love Ainsley. The end.
Ashley Callen
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ainsley's heartfelt and uplifting memoir is a must read for all evangelicals.
Sufen Fong
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Easy reading - almost feels like Ainsley is speaking to you directly through the lens of faith and hope. Good insight into broadcast journalism.
Lorna Corso
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written.
Lela
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Very well written about her life, especially as a Christian. Very happy for her!
Mary Vandevenne
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring!
Debbie Wright
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read. I thoroughly enjoyed this book & recommend it highly!
Lisa
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ainsley is just a blessing to us all!
Janet
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is truly inspirational. I loved all the details. Ainsley's writing just flows effortlessly. Her use of scripture was a breath of fresh air. May God continue to bless her and her family.
Dianne Miller
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed watching Ainsley Earhardt on Fox News. This book explains how she became the woman she is today, and her love of God shines through every page.
Beth
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Rating would be closer to 3.5. I enjoyed getting to know who Ainsley Earhardt really is and how God has worked in her and through her.
Janna Blue
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful and inspiring!!
Kmalbie
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club-read
(Book Club read) This really is her Christian testimony. I did not find it inspiring, however. I would be surprised if she hadn't become successful given the "affordances" in her life.

• Make Someone Happy: Favorite Postings
  • Our Father: Reflections on the Lord's Prayer
  • Heaven Touching Earth: True Stories of Angels, Miracles, and Heavenly Encounters
  • In the Arms of Angels: True Stories of Heavenly Guardians
  • Trade Your Cares for Calm
  • Chasing Heaven: What Dying Taught Me About Living
  • Love Story: The Hand that Holds Us From the Garden to the Gate
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Messages from Heaven: 101 Miraculous Stories of Signs from Beyond, Amazing Connections, and Love that Doesn't Die
  • Miracle on Voodoo Mountain: A Young Woman's Remarkable Story of Pushing Back the Darkness for the Children of Haiti
  • Where There Is Love, There Is God: Her Path to Closer Union with God and Greater Love for Others
  • 7 Lessons from Heaven: How Dying Taught Me to Live a Joy-Filled Life
  • Etched...Upon My Heart: What We Learn and Why We Never Forget
  • The God Box
  • Dear Photograph
  • A Good and Perfect Gift: Faith, Expectations, and a Little Girl Named Penny
  • Choosing Hope: Moving Forward from Life's Darkest Hours
  • Your Beautiful Heart: 31 Reflections on Love, Faith, Friendship, and Becoming a Girl Who Shines
  • Untangled: Let God Loosen the Knots of Insecurity in Your Life
Ainsley Earhardt is a journalist who is an anchor and correspondent for the Fox News Channel. She is the co-host of Fox & Friends and also reports for Hannity with her own segment called "Ainsley Across America". She is married to former Clemson University quarterback Will Proctor. They have one daughter.