Start by marking “Sleepy Time For Captain Eris” as Want to Read:
Sleepy Time For Captain Eris

Sleepy Time For Captain Eris

Captain Eris, AKA Death Engine, former military DNA tweak and mercenary is unexpectedly pulled out of her retirement in Champion Acres, and dragged back into the shit by an idiot in a mech suit.

Feeling pissed off and miserable about losing her retirement lifestyle and subsequently, her chances of dying of old age; she searches for the reasons why she was reactivated.
Published April 12th 2018 by Double Dragon eBooks

To ask other readers questions about Sleepy Time For Captain Eris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleepy Time For Captain Eris

Start your review of Sleepy Time For Captain Eris
Sean Benham
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Margret Treiber's 'Sleepy Time For Captain Eris' is a remarkably fun superhero yarn.

The titular Captain Eris is cursed with the inability to stay dead, and with each subsequent death, she gains a new set of powers linked to the manner in which she was killed. It's a clever setup and one that is used in an intelligent manner. Set in the not too distant future in which Earth's population is rapidly emigrating to outer colonies, Eris is called back into action for another mission - this time with a
Peter Fratesi
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review of Sleepy Time For Captain Eris- 5 Stars

Author Margret Treiber’s Sleepy Time For Captain Eris is an intriguing superhero/sci-fi story. Treiber transports the reader to an earth that has degenerated into a suffering, economically depressed world exploited by a group of white collar criminals. A superhero trio led by Captain Eris has taken on the quest of eliminating this oligarchy, leading to many unexpected adventures and a surprising conclusion.

Eris is a valiant but tragic figure who
Sheina
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ed Morawski
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Refreshing Take on a Superhero

I've never been especially enamored with superheroes. A few are interesting at first but ultimately go nowhere and quickly become boring to me. Well this book actually is different and has a shot at staying power because the possibilities are almost endless. You see, the main character Captain Eris has a pretty unique superpower - she can't be killed!

Oh she dies alright, but immediately regenerates to live and fight again. In the process she suffers the actual
Wilmar Luna
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sleepy time for Captain Eris is a story about a superhero who gets new super powers every time she dies.
If she gets killed by a bullet, she will revive with stone skin. Swallowing anti freeze will make her immune to poison.

Interesting premise, right? Well that’s about all Sleepy time has going for it.

Because this book is grotesque.

I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sleepy time got off to a strong start. Captain Eris died in the hands of a robot guy. When she
Margret Treiber
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Okay, I am biased. I can't really review this. But you may find it cool.
litandcoffee
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sleepy Time For Captain Eris by Margret Treiber started on a slow note for me, especially, as I’m not much into science-fiction or fantasy, but there I was…halfway through the first chapter…and whoa! how it just grabbed me in. I was unable to put it down after that and finished it in one sitting.

Captain Eris, the Death Engine has unique superhero powers: she cannot die because of some DNA tweaks done to her and is enjoying a leisurely life with her cat in a retirement trailer, hoping to die of
James Alexander
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Margret A. Treiber’s Sleepy Time for Captain Eris was an interesting take on superheroes. Set in the future, Captain Eris is the result of genetic modification. Her power is the ability to come back from death and in part of doing so, inherits different abilities to protect her from what killed her in the first place.

Unlike traditional super hero stories, Sleepy Time for Captain Eris is no campy story. There is a good amount of blood, gore, and violence. While others may be offended by this, I
Natalie panda eyes
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Violent with strong language and a lot of death. Captain Eris otherwise known as the death engine, has been used and abused. Brought back she faces another mission of death and destruction. I don’t think I’ve ever wished for someone to die so much, those were some brutal ways to die. I liked the relationship with Al and the little family. Death was a bit of a jerk. Fast paced, fun and completely wacky story.
Steve
Halle
Feb 06, 2019
Brenda Knight
Nov 13, 2018
Margret Treiber resides in Southwest Florida and is employed as a systems analyst. When she is not working with technology or writing speculative fiction, she helps her birds break things for her spouse to fix.

Her short fiction has appeared in a number of publications. Links to her short fiction, novel and upcoming work can be found on her website at http://www.the-margret.com.