Start by marking “Forty Candles” as Want to Read:
Forty Candles

Forty Candles

Forty Candles - a standalone romantic comedy coming August 8, 2018!

I’ve always done what was expected of me. I married the man that my family thought I was supposed to. I turned a blind eye when his after work activities weren't really for work. What I couldn’t look past anymore was how lonely I’d become.

All it took was one night to change my life.

I filed for a separation.
Paperback
Published August 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Forty Candles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forty Candles

Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*

Jules has recently separated from her cheating ex-husband and has found herself having to move back into her parents home with her teenage daughter. As she sits in her old bedroom, nearly 40 years old, with the boys from the NKOTB staring back at her she knows that this can only be a temporary arrangement. She needs those divorce papers signed and she needs to move on into a new beginning.

When Jules gets the opportunity to do some contract work it means closely working with Lenny Ward.
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. I wasn’t expecting thatC to be honest I wasn’t sure why I was expecting. I really enjoyed the authors writing, it’s sad to know that she has passed away. I really enjoyed the characters she created. It would be lovely to get a follow up. The writing was good, I think it was a little spotty. But overall I really enjoyed this, it has a good amount of humor and sass, sexy alphaness and a very stubborn main character.
Kimberley C.
Oct 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF at 61%... I gave this a valiant try, but it was not good. I feel bad speaking ill off the author, because she has recently passed away. The writing style was just not for me, and a lot of it bordered on ridiculous. Bummer, because the premise is a good one.
Julie
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Forty Candles by A.M. Willard is a fun contemporary romance. When you’re just a few months shy of forty, you don’t want to move back into your parents’ house because you’re in the middle of a very ugly divorce. However, that is exactly the position Jules and her daughter are in.

Jules, our heroine, is a stand up gal. She was able to hang onto her business and reputation, but little else. Her soon-to-be ex-husband is despicable. The struggles of a divorce and parenting a teen, are taxing enough, a
Kelly
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Annelle, I was waiting to write my review on Forty Candles once others had a chance to read it. Well on this day, June 12, 2018....I decided I needed to write this review now. You know why I picked today to write this review. You also already know my review of Forty Candles because we had this conversation already just 6 days ago. Let me start with my review of Forty Candles...

AM Willard has done it again in Forty Candles. She has brought humor to her newest release that seriously made me laugh
Liz
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a fun read! Loved it! Full review to come!
Beth
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read this beauty, ahead of most. Love the cover and knew from the moment that it was coming out I had to check it out. Just starting out on my 40th year, I really am seeing lots of life situations or moments differently, like what the heck was I thinking before, does every one do that, or just me? I am more open to certain situations that use to drive me bonkers, how i think whatever the heck u want, as long as it is not messing with others and stressing them out. I felt it ...more
Karen
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like that the characters were late thirties in age. This was sweet however I thought Lenny touched her inappropriately the first couple of times because they basically had just met. I thought it was a bit forward as she still was dealing with her separation with her husband and had just started working with Lenny.

Otherwise, I loved Sophia and everything HEA.
Anna Aurora
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,5/5 stars, I really enjoyed this one!
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Full review to come soon.
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***
Rady Reads
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Forty candles was amazingly written "a new chance for love" story. I loved every single second of it.

At almost forty Jules runs a successful designing company but is in the middle of nasty divorce.
She meets then a ladiesman "Lenny Ward" ...walking sex on stix."
The attraction, how theyre hot for one another, is feelable through the pages.
The problem? Jules ex husband and her fear to get her heart broken in thousand pieces.

Lenny cant get enough of her beauty and cant fight his feelings anymore,
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I signed up for this tour, I didn't realize that it would be the last book of the late & great A.M. Willard, and boy does that bring me to my knees in sadness. Her work is amazing & highly addictive, and the world lost a very talented author. Forty Candles, simply put, is my very favorite story by her, and I never wanted it to end. It's the story of Jules, an almost 40 year old woman who has been deeply hurt by her divorce to a man who never stopped cheating on her. She ends up movi ...more
JoAnna G
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jules isn't having the best of luck. She is on the verge of turning forty, she has a teenage daughter that is mad at the world, filed for divorce, and has to move back in with her mom. Let's not forget her mom hasn't changed her 1980’s bedroom. No remodeling, nothing. This is a standalone romantic comedy novel. I enjoyed the novel and the people. The plot and pace were great. This story is also told in dual points of view.

Jules is back home at her mom's with her tail between her legs. Her husba
Emily Goodman
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AM Willard's Forty Candles is a story about finding the happiness you deserve. After spending nearly half her life with a cheater, Jules is determined to change her life for the better. Landing a design job of her dreams for Ward Properties would do just that. Only thing in her way is her attraction to Lenny Ward, the owner.

Willard writes a realistic tale of a woman trying her best to move forward while facing all the struggles that life has to over a recently separated woman. From a jerk of an
Sarah Dale
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved Annelle Willards writing but this one for me was extra special. She always manages to bring her trademark wit mixed with great humour to her books and this one was no different. it was heart-warming, sweet, and filled with red hot passion.

Once you start this book you will be drawn in and hooked. She has given us great characters in Lenny and Jules that you relate to and become invested in. The connection between them from the moment they meet is immense and the sexual tensio
Lisa
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this with a heavy heart, knowing that this would be the last book ever by A.M. Willard following her sudden passing. It was a book tinged with sadness as we lost a talent much too soon.

I get bored of reading about twenty of thirty somethings as they seem less relevant as I get older. So as I approach forty, it is refreshing to read about characters I can relate to and have a second chance of love.

Jules is in the process of divorcing her pompous ass of a husband, who has forced her and the
Thuy Taylor
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jules is just few months away from turning 40. She has a teenage daughter. She is in the middle of a divorce. Her ex husband is a douchebag but even thats way too nice for him. He is the biggest cheating manwhore ever. Anywho.....Jules moves back home with her parents with her daughter in tow. She's back in her very 80s room, a room that hasn't been touched, remodeled, nothing.

Jules and Lenny meet when he goes into a meeting in her office. She remembers him from way back when, but he doesn't rea
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Heartwarming, sweet, and giggle inducing Forty Candles checked all the boxes for everything I love! I love it when a book is plain fun to read. You know when you pick up a book and you’re glued to the pages and the writing is just so wonderfully that you’re so immersed in the characters and it truly feels like you’re there? That’s this book. I was so deep into Lenny and Jules story time lost all meaning until I finished reading.
A.M. Willard so brilliantly wrote this where this romantic comedy i
Nicole Smith
Shelves: romantic-comedy
This was bittersweet to read because it's A.M. Williard's last book. Learning of her passing then her friends and family rallied together to let her last work into the world for us to enjoy brings tears to my eyes. I'm so thankful they helped get this book published because it's such a good story. I laughed a lot, but the one thing I kept thinking about while reading was hope. Keep on fighting and persevering because there is always hope. Jules' life has been turned upside down nearing the age f ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Forty Candles by A.M. Willard was funny and charming, and I truly loved reading it. Imagine thinking you are making what seemed as all the right choices in your life and yet suddenly find yourself back with you parents with your daughter in tow just shy of forty. In a room that has not changed since you were a teenager. Not exactly where you want to be in life.

I absolutely loved Jules. She was strong even with all the adversity she was facing. Her soon to be ex was such a jerk and more trouble
Terri
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
When you are on the verge of turning 40 you do not want your life to fall apart and have to move back in with your parents but that is what Jules Aldridge finds herself doing. Her cheating husband David has not only humiliated her but also locked down their divorce and is battling her on everything. The only thing Jules has is her teenage daughter and her business that she managed to keep David's grubby hands off of.

Lenny is pushing 40 himself and totally dependent on Rose to keep things at his
Sunny Shelly Reads
The last book written by AM Willard before her untimely passing, Forty Candles is a delightful romance between single mom Jules and one of her clients, Lenny.

In the midst of a messy divorce, Jules is reluctant to act on her attraction to Lenny. I love that there is a distant childhood connection between Jules and Lenny; that definitely added to the relationship they both have with Jules' ex-husband. As much as she pushes Lenny away, he refuses to give up because for the first time since his ex-
Sharon
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is bittersweet, as it is the last book written by one of my favorite authors! I almost didn't want to finish it because never reading her words again saddens me, a true author and I absolutely loved each and every one of her books. So with that here goes....
Follow the story of Jules, newly single mom to her daughter Sophia, as she moves back to her parent's home to start over. Thank god she still has her design business. That's how she meets Lenny Ward, who's looking for a new designer
Jessica
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by this author, its bittersweet as it is also the last book of hers written.

This is a great read. I loved the characters. Jules is a great character. She is strong, a great mom and business women who was treated like dirt by her soon to be ex husband. She struggles with things but she is a classy lady who deserves to be happy.

Lenny is awesome. I loved him. He knows what he wants and he is ready to go after it not matter what it takes.

Will Jules give herself a
Bonita
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Took My Breath Away

What can I say but this book was so touching, not just because it was A. M. Willard’s last book before her untimely passing, but this book was just perfection. There was heartache and heartbreak when Jules finds her husband having a sexual encounter with his assistant in their home and files for separation from him. Jules and her 15 year old daughter, Sophia move in with Jules’ parents and she sets out on a new partnership with her design company, one sexy hunk of a businessma
Kari Hansen
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Jules pictured her life at 40 it definitely wasn’t this. She is in the middle of contentious divorce from her cheating husband, she is back living with her mother and raising her teenage daughter. The only light at the end of the tunnel is her business and unless she wants to live at home forever she needs it to be a success.

With his designer retiring Lenny needs a new designer and fast. He had ignored her daily warnings that she would be leaving soon but now he has no choice. He has no int
Teri
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's unfortunate that I learned of this author with her passing and the chance to review this her last book. It is a great read and the characters are ones that will steal your heart and fill it with good feels. The struggle is real for her. Trying to make sure she doesn't find herself back in the mess she just got out of, she is determined to make it on her own not her partners. Sofie is a doll and the kind of teen we all wish we had. He just got knocked off his game the first minute he saw her ...more
Reni Smith
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful love story

I'll admit that this is the first book I've read by A.M. and I am so glad that I was referred to read this last book written by her.
The story tugged at my heart strings, made me laugh and cry.
The character Lenny captured my heart in the beginning even though he was referred to as a player.
And his true mate in Jules is a journey to obtain their happy ending.
I will definitely be reading more of A.M.'s books.
I would also like to thank the family for publishing this book after
Marina Skinner
WOW!!
This book had me hooked from the beginning to the end. It had me in stitches at some parts as the characters chatted as they did and holy hell...Mr Ward....Yep...kinda got me hooked onto him too, he was different than you think and you couldnt help but sigh. I really enjoyed this story. Can there be a happy ending after a separation??..Well read it for yourself to find out.
I loved the fact that Lenny took Jules's daughter into consideration, including her in things and really endeared himse

• Say You Still Love Me
  • The Last Post
  • Rock Revenge (Rock Revenge Trilogy, #1)
  • Handle With Care (Shacking Up, #5)
  • His Only Weakness (Slow Burn, #6)
  • The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet, #1)
  • Straight Up Irish (Murphy Brothers, #1)
  • Flutter
  • Breaking Gravity (Fall Back, #2)
  • Inciting a Riot (Riot MC, #2)
  • After Care: a romance for the over 40
  • Darkest Perception
  • Train Wreck (Collision Series, #1)
  • The Workaround
  • The Lovibond Collection (Lovibond, #1-2)
  • After MidKnight (Knight Ops, #4)
  • A Happy Endings Wedding (Happy Endings Book Club, #11)
  • Booze O'clock (White Horse, #3)
A.M. Willard is a bestselling author. Her books focus on contemporary romance and romantic comedy. Her new release, Follow Your Arrow is available now! Mark your calendars now for her upcoming standalone romantic comedy Forty Candles, coming August 8, 2018.

You can also find me in my reader's group here on Goodreads. Click here to join http://bit.ly/2GIMTNb

AMAZON: https://goo.gl/TBaSyM