Start by marking “Of Tempests and Teacups (Takes of the Captain Duke, #4)” as Want to Read:
Of Tempests and Teacups (Takes of the Captain Duke, #4)

Of Tempests and Teacups (Takes of the Captain Duke, #4)

Stop the Tradists. Save the Captain Duke.

When the Captain Duke goes missing, Clara takes the helm to face enemies old and new. Torn between desire and duty, she must use her skills as both pirate and debutante to unite her allies and save the day. Even if it means facing her greatest fears—and returning to where it all began.
Kindle Edition
Published May 21st 2018 by Woolf Like Me Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Of Tempests and Teacups, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Tempests and Teacups

Start your review of Of Tempests and Teacups (Takes of the Captain Duke, #4)
Kaitlin
* I was sent this for free from the author in exchange for an honest review *

And that concludes the series. A very fun adventure, and a lot of good ideas.
I really liked seeing how everything was resolved in the end, but also we saw the relationships built up and the story has potential to go on in future.
I do think that because these are so short I couldn't get as invested as I wanted to in the characters, even though I wanted to know them more, but I still found it a fun romp. I read them ba
Sienna
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, victorious conclusion to the quartet! Again, better than its predecessors--Tempests and Teacups builds naturally on the events of the previous book, as our protagonist Clara needs to pull together all the strength and resilience she's earned so far in order to rise to the challenges put to her.

Something I really enjoyed about this book--and about the whole series--was the emphasis on being able to solve problems through diplomacy and cleverness and, of all things, robust documentation. W
Jamie
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect ending to a really fun series, I got everything I wanted out of this. A wonderfully envisioned world, substantial and believable character growth, intrigue, payoff for all of the earlier threads, and a satisfying conclusion that wrapped everything off with a smile and a wink.

While I look forward to reading whatever else Diem writes next and am sure it will be imaginative and amazing, The Tales of the Captain Duke will always hold a special place in my heart. For a first series, she re
Eric Nisbet
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an great ending to an amazing series. Rebecca captures your attention with her stories, so well that you can see everything you are reading in your imagination. Great characters and exciting story. Look forward to everything this author has yet to bring to us. The series is a must for everyone's personal library. Highly recommend this imaginative Canadian author. ...more
Donna
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series :-) ! This book nicely wraps up the story while leaving the possiblity of further stories down the road open (and I hope there may be further adventures of Clara and the Captain Duke and their mates in the future !)
Kelly
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"You'll have your chance soon. Tonight it is mine." A wonderful conclusion in this series. Tales of the Captain Duke! ...more
Tatteredturtle
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is Clara ready to face her fears and head back home? Check out Diem's last installment to Tales of the Captain Duke!!
tatteredturtlestittertattle.wordpress...
Jemima Pett
Jul 15, 2020

• No Honor in Death
  • Master of One
  • Though Hell Should Bar the Way (RCN Series Book 12)
  • Carpe Glitter
  • Death's Bright Day (Lt. Leary, #11)
  • Secrets of the Sword II (Death Before Dragons #8)
  • Hell Born (The Guild of Shadows, #1)
  • The Path of Duty
  • To Clear Away the Shadows (Lt. Leary, #13)
  • The Black God's Drums
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Take Us To Your Chief And Other Stories
  • Like Stars in Heaven
  • The Sea Without a Shore (Lt. Leary, #10)
  • Secrets of the Sword 1 (Death Before Dragons #7)
  • Secrets of the Sword 3 (Death Before Dragons #9)
  • Bloom
  • Community of Magic Pens
Rebecca Diem is a writer, music lover and nerd. She is the author of the indie steampunk series Tales of the Captain Duke, following the adventures of a defiant young aristocrat who saves a band of airship pirates from certain peril and talks her way into joining their crew.

An avid bookworm, Rebecca was honoured to receive a ‘Nose in a Book’ award from her elementary school librarian, and has a de

News & Interviews