Start by marking “Tell Me A Secret” as Want to Read:
Tell Me A Secret

Tell Me A Secret

Tell her all your secrets and she’ll tell you all her lies…

Everything in Lorna’s life runs like clockwork, from her 6 a.m. morning run to the strict 60-minute counselling sessions she gives. It’s the only way she can deal with the terrible secret she carries.

When a new client arrives for his first appointment, Lorna feels her perfect life unravel in a matter of
Published May 25th 2018 by Bookouture

Start your review of Tell Me A Secret
Dita
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was great; I love it when a psychological thriller can misdirect as well as this one did. There are many twisty turns and surprises.

Do yourself a favor and don't read much about it before you read it!
Berit☀️✨
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Twisted Stars .5

Samantha Hayes... WOW! What a crazy ride you just took me on! I’d like to thank you for that and blame you for a sleepless night.... i’d suggest you go into this book completely blind, don’t read the blurb, don’t read the reviews (except for mine) this book was filled with twist that I did not see coming, and if you do major props to you! There were so many times I was certain I had figured it all out but NOPE!

Lorna was a serious hot mess... she was self-centered,
Melisa
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well well well. Bravo, Ms. Samatha Hayes. Bravo.

What an unexpected little gem of a psychological thriller. (I downloaded this book on a whim and this has now become a must read author for me!) I am actually blown away by this one - such a fun, twisty read and I have whiplash from all the twists and turns, all of which I did not see coming from a mile away, I’d like to happily add!

There were red flags all over the place from the word go but I am very pleased to report that this one stumped me
Debra
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holy Cannoli! THAT was a SHOCKER!

Talk about having your life unravel before your eyes! Lorna appeared to have it all- a career, a family, close friends and a secret! Things are going great in her life until Andrew walks into her office and her world gets turned upside down. She has fought hard to forget him and but having him there in front of her is a jolt and her seemingly perfect life begins to look not so perfect.

I love when I think I have a book figured out and then out of nowhere the
Carrie
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Lorna has been married for years and has two children with her husband and also works full time as a therapist. When Lorna gets a call from a man insisting he needs to start seeing her she doesn't think much of returning the call but slowly finds herself crossing lines that she shouldn't in her job.

When Andrew walks into Lorna's office her world begins to turn upside down. Having used a fake name Lorna was not expecting the man she had an affair with the year before and tried to put out of her
Dash fan
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Fast Paced compulsive Psychological Thriller that kept me on my toes.

Tell Me A Secret is a fast paced compulsive psychological thriller that kept me on my toes.

When Lorna gets gets a call from a mystery person called Andrew, she never expects her world to come crashing down.

Lorna is a married mum and part time therapist. With a big secret to hide!
So who is Andrew and why has he got Lorna so scared?

Tell Me A Secret is Unputdownable, Fast Paced, rollercoaster of a Taut psychological thriller
Kylie D
Wow, what a book! It sees Lorna, a therapist, taking on a new client, not realising it's her lover she jilted a year ago. As Lorna becomes more and more caught up with him, again, it start creating problems in all aspects of her life. She starts neglecting everything, work, her husband and children, her friends. Her obsession triggers a downward slide as her lies start to catch up with her and you can see where it's heading but then BAM, the truth is revealed and you find yourself stunned, ...more
Linda
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Before telling secrets on the road, look in the bushes." (Chinese Proverb)

'Cause someone is always gonna know what you did. Too many secrets.....not enough bushes.

Lorna lives within a very demanding life. She's wife to Mark, a successful physician, mother to young Freya, and stepmother to college bound Jack. Lorna has left her previous practice as a therapist to take on the challenges of a new partnership within a new clinic. The wheels keep turning every hour of every day.

But Lorna has a deep
sue
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
For the first 50% of the book I wasn’t convinced, then suddenly it veered and slotted into place.

This author never lets you down. So I had complete faith in her.
I found myself completely invested in each character. As always they were well developed and rounded out where they became 3D in my mind.

I made it my aim this year not to give out too much about a book.
Not to write long rambling reviews.

I think it’s much better that the blurb says it all to tempt a reader and a review expresses how it
Maya
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My oh my, this book deserves 5 brightest stars in the sky!
I love reading about a beautiful troubled hot mess of a woman with a seemingly perfect life. Those kind of female characters are not rare in psychological thrillers nowadays but what is rare is a character portrayed so perfectly obnoxious you will love to hate her. Lorna is a deceiving, jealous, self centered, self destructive, intoxicating, greatly flawed human and she’s hell-bent on destroying everything good in her life but she’s also
Nicki
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
O,WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE WHEN FIRST WE PRACTICE TO DECEIVE!

This mesmerizing,riveting thriller has more twists and turns than a roller coaster.It's a gripping tale of two women,deceit,secrets,relashionships,obsessions,manipulation and revenge that had me hooked in from the first page right through to the shocking final chapter.

The story is mainly voiced by Lorna,a psychotherapist who is married to Mark and has two children,their daughter Freya and Mark`s son Jack from his previous
Pauline
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Tell Me A Secret by Samantha Hayes is a psychological thriller about lies, secrets, jealousy and adultery. Lorna is married with a daughter and stepson. She works as a therapist. Recently she had an affair with one of her clients and although she has moved to another practice and ended the affair she is still infatuated with him. When he comes back into her life she risks loosing everything her job, her reputation and her family to connect with him again. Lorna is unprofessional, selfish and ...more
BIBLIOMANIAC MJ
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Lorna, a successful therapist, has built up a beautiful life with her husband Mark, her daughter Freya and her stepson Jack. Despite this, Lorna has a guilty pleasure that will surely be her downfall. She knows she needs to put a stop to her affair with Andrew, a patient of hers. Andrew on the other hand, has other plans and refuses to let her go. This is where Lorna's perfect house of cards begins falling apart, both personally as well as professionally.

Add this to the the fact that the author
Mandy White
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Tell Me A Secret by Samantha Hayes.. where do I start. This book has it all and then more... literally could not stop reading it.

Lorna is a therapist and from the outside she seems to have it all.. a husband, a family and a career. But Lorna has a big secret that could destroy all of that. She tries to leave it in the past but her past is back and she has to do what she she can to protect her world from crashing down.

There is a lot going on in this book but all of it sucked me in. And the ending
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Lorna is a seemingly happily married woman who has it all. A loving husband, a step son Jack and a daughter Freya. She also works as a therapist. Got to admit listening to peoples issues all day must take it's toll but then Lorna is full of secrets herself.

Having pretty much the perfect lifestyle, I couldn't understand why she would risk all that she has. At times I don't think she knows herself. The chapters flick between certain characters but in the main Lorna. They certainly have you racing
Sarah Joint
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's a little insane, but a bit brilliant in it's insanity. Toss your disbelief out the window and enjoy this crazy, unpredictable ride. More than one time I was thinking something like "no... no, that can't..... well, okay, that actually works" when it came to the twists. The main character is incredibly selfish and makes absolutely terrible decisions, but that's what makes her fun to read. She's a hot mess and a half.

Lorna just wants to keep her life together. She counsels her clients, tries
Helen (TBC)
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, tbc
Absolutely jam packed with deceit this is a book that will blow all of your guesses to pieces

Excellently written as always by this author, the chapters endings leave you needing to read 'just another' and in no time your day is gone and the book is finished! The narration switches between Lorna and Nikki, both with very troubled childhoods, neither are easy to like nor wholly reliable: Nikki is a bit of a free spirit, works cash in hand, gets her rented room at discounted rate by providing
Helga
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, mystery, british
“…secrets from long ago sometimes stay buried, lying dormant, festering, hidden, waiting for the perfect conditions to strike…”

Samantha Hayes sure knows how to confuse you and drop bombshells, right when you are sure you know what is going on and who’s who and who has done what!

It seems Lorna has everything. A loving husband, a daughter and a stepson, a job as a therapist, caring friends and overall a comfortable life. But underneath it all she is hiding a secret. And when Andrew, her ex-lover
Melissa In The City
FIVE TWISTED STARS!
This book earns the Psychological Thriller in its title. A very dark story of betrayal, lies, secrets, affairs, manipulation, and what happens when you can hold everyone else's secrets except for your own. Watching Lorna unravel while she should be helping others as their therapist is so uncomfortable because she truly is a terrible therapist, like the worst. She can't deal with her own secrets and she should be boarding the hot mess express with a first class ticket.
There is
Brandy
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shit. Wholly shit! Ok, sorry for the cursing but wholly F$(&!!! This is and I mean this when I say it - this is the absolute BEST book I’ve read this year! I’m reeling! Wow. Ok.... breathe.... deep breaths.... so where the heck do I begin?

The book begins with a nine years old little girl finding her father hanging from the rafters. He’s committed suicide and it’s all her fault. You see, he killed himself after the little girl caught Daddy piddling the “lodger” while Mommy was at work. And,
Chloe
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lorna is a psychotherapist with a husband Mark and has two kids Freya and Mark’s son Jack from his previous marriage.A year back Lorna broke all the rules and had an intense affair with her patient Andrew.Eventually Lorna broke off the affair to save her marriage and moved to a different practice and spent the past year trying to forget him . But now Andrew is back and Lorna once again puts everything she loves at risk for him but it might prove fatal this time.

Tell me a Secret is a fast moving
Shalini
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This was one of the strangely different book, where the initial premise was mild and calming and then it goes on to become a forbidden love affair gone wrong, and the ending was a culmination of past and present.
Unexpected twists in the last 20% made it a choppy but unexpected ending. The mid part does drag on about the affair.
I am still undecided if I liked the book or not. I suppose I would call it a different read.
Joanne Robertson
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge Samantha Hayes fan and loving that she is now part of the Bookouture family! Now there is a match made in heaven for me! But I do have to start but saying that I worried that she had lost her touch with her newest book Tell Me A Secret that came out last week. I always pre-order her books and read them straight away but when I started this one, I did think it didn’t seem like her usual style! The first half of the book was a bit of a slow burner and I got very frustrated with the ...more
Sofie Hern
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
What did I just read? Holy wow! I was granted this ARC by NetGalley and I am so glad I requested it.

Very few books can make my heat race the way this did throughout. It is a constant adrenaline rush that keeps pumping in every chapter. You will not be able to put it down! The fester your heart beats, the faster you want to read and the more you want know what happens next! I don't think I have any nails left!

The story follows Lorna, a wife, mother and dedicated therapist. From a distance she
Stacey Camp
**5 Goodreads Stars**

"...the worst kind of secrets are always the ones we keep from ourselves."

"Even therapists have secrets."

Lorna has a deep, dark secret that threatens to destroy her family and her career. Her secret is so thorny that she will do everything in her power to keep it from the people she loves.

What is this secret?

Lorna has been hiding an affair from her coworkers, friends, and family for nearly a year. It's an intensely passionate relationship, one that caused her to violate
Brandy
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Tracy Fenton
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tell Me A Secret is about obsession – deep, dark, uncomfortable obsession. Obsession so encompassing it takes over your life, your family, your job, your responsibilities until all you can think about is your obsession.

Lorna is a married woman with a step son and young daughter. She’s also a respectable counsellor with a client list of damaged and vulnerable patients. A year ago she embarked on a passionate and all-consuming affair with Andrew, her patient, and ended it after 10 months, moving
Alja Katuin
I had a really hard time getting into this story, it felt super slow; without anything that really sparked my fire, so to say. After about 70% of the book it was there: I couldn’t stop reading at all. Overall it was a really decent read, a bit too psychological for my taste, but it was good!
Book Addict Shaun
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having loved The Reunion I couldn’t wait to read the next psychological thriller from Samantha Hayes. Tell Me a Secret is a rollercoaster ride of a read that completely played with my emotions, consistently made me second guess everything that I read and left me in a state of shock by the end of the story. Everything that I want from a psychological thriller.

I find it hard to review these type of books because so much of what I want to talk about is mostly about the characters and the plot. As
Susan Hampson
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-reads
Oh my, talk about a wicked writer, Samantha Hayes is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I was there reading away thinking that this was a typical sort of mixed family that reflected life today. A marriage with one child from a previous marriage and one between them both. Now the thing was they were a little too sweet and I found myself almost envious of a life like theirs. The only thing it was short of was the Disney blue birds singing in the background. I am so glad that I haven’t had that wish ...more

• The Ex-Wife
  • The Woman Upstairs
  • The Loyal Wife
  • The Perfect Family
Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my Goodreads page!

I'm thrilled that my latest book THE REUNION is out NOW from all good online ebook retailers, as well as a paperback from Amazon. I do hope you love it!

If you love a good 'domestic noir' thriller that will mess with your mind and keep you turning the pages, then this one's for you! Here's the blurb...

"They were all there the day
“This is what happens when you watch people, when you tell secrets. It’s your shame now…” 0 likes
“Jack shoves the blackened knife into the peanut butter jar, watching my expression as he slathers it on the toast. He’s blank-faced, waiting for me to say something, expecting the criticism that he knows is stinging the back of my throat.” 0 likes