Start by marking “California Girls” as Want to Read:

California Girls

The California sunshine’s not quite so bright for three sisters who get dumped in the same week…

Finola, a popular LA morning show host, is famously upbeat until she’s blindsided on live TV by news that her husband is sleeping with a young pop sensation who has set their affair to music. While avoiding the tabloids and pretending she’s just fine, she’s crumbling inside, des
Published February 26th 2019 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about California Girls, please sign up.
Susan Mallery California Girls is a standalone, not linked to any other books. :) Happy reading!

Berit☀️✨
Sunshine, Sisters, and second chances!

A fabulous story filled with fun and drama. Susan Mallery has crafted a brilliant story that will make you laugh, cry, and want to throw things! Three very different sisters faced with some major life choices, but side by side by side they can get through anything! Whenever I read a book about sisters I always get a little jealous, it is a relationship that I myself don’t have, but I can still experience it through books.

This book begins with one bad weeken
Jessica
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
I received this book for free from TLC Book Tours as part of a review tour.

This was my first time reading a book by Susan Mallery and I enjoyed it.

This book was a classic chick lit novel.

I loved the dynamic between the sisters. That felt very real and organic. The sisters did have their differences but were still able to come together when it mattered.

description

I also loved how each of their stories were different. Even though they all had the commonality of getting dumped at the same time, they all w
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Finola, we have models in the building. Tall, skinny, hungry models. They’re starting to look feral and turn on each other. I’m convinced it’s the smell of bacon.

… she alternated between trying to figure out a plan to win Nigel back and wondering if she could find a few anthrax spores to send him in the mail.

Finola told herself they weren’t deliberately cruel, they were just young and thoughtless. At least she hoped they were because otherwise the next generation was going to be
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Easy breezy, a great escape read.

Aw, what a premise. Three sisters get dumped in the same week. Finola, Zennie, and Ali could not have worse luck!

That said, one of the many perks of sisterhood is having friendship and trust and being able to lean on each other, and that’s just what these three do as they start over.

Finola is a host for a morning show when she finds out on live TV her husband is cheating on her with a much younger pop star. Regardless, Finola desperately wants her husband back
Susan
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Susan Mallery

Holy cow, CALIFORNIA GIRLS is one crazy story! Three sisters all get dumped in the same week and to say they are devastated is a huge understatement! I have two sisters so I totally understood some of the feelings they had. Finola is a tv host for a morning show in Los Angeles. Zennie is a surgical nurse and Ali works for an auto parts warehouse. These three sisters couldn't be more different but they are about to find out just how strong their sister bond is. Their
Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee
Thank you to the publisher for this copy in exchange for my honest review!

This was the first book I read by Susan Mallery and now I'm so glad I had the chance to, because I really enjoyed this book. It's about 3 sisters come together after, ironically, being dumped in the same week. I love how they came together to help eachother overcome their heartbreaks! This book had lots of drama, and laughs! It made you mad for them at times. Such a fun chick lit book! I will definitely be reading more by
Andrea
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, romance
Starting over isn't easy, even when it's the right thing to do.

This is Susan Mallery doing what she does best: combining romance and chick lit with all the feelings and lessons about love, loss, heartbreak, moving on, and learning and ultimately coming out of the worst moments of your life a stronger person.

Taryn
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
In this emotionally charged new read by author Susan Mallery we meet three sisters who all seem to be going through a difficult time, at the same time. Finola, the oldest, learns that her husband is cheating on her with a famous singer who happens to be a guest on her tv show the day she finds out. Zennie gets broken up with but for her she just wasn't into it anyway, she thinks that she is her best self alone and not in a relationship. She's happy with the way things are so when her best friend ...more
Michele
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Susan Mallery proved once again how on the mark her writing is with this relatable and funny yet poignant work of women’s fiction. Filled with the complexities of family and personal relationships, California Girls explored issues that will resonate with every reader while it ultimately tugs at your heartstrings.

I’m always surprised when I read a new Susan Mallery book with how she keeps her characters so down to earth while putting them through their pa
Louise Bird
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kudos to Susan Mallery!
This book is amazing, it is about three sisters who all have relationship breakups on the same day. The end for them is the beginning of self-discovery and finding out who they truly are.
It is a must read!
Jen
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the greatest joys of reading is the ability to escape to a different locale. In the midst of a cold Minnesota winter, escaping to California with sisters Finola, Zennie, and Ali was an absolute delight!
☀ ☀☀
Three sisters, all dealing with various dramas in their life. Morning show host Finola is blindsided on national TV when she finds out her husband has been having an affair. Zennie is content with her small life so her breakup is no big deal...until she’s presented with the opportunity
Lisa Schneider
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I used to be an avid reader of Susan Mallery a few years ago. She stopped being my instant buy about 16 books into the Fool's Gold series, just because I felt like they were getting monotonous. After reading this book, I am going to have to rethink my previous stand. I thoroughly enjoyed this book!

This novel is about three sisters: Finola, Zennie, and Ali. Three sisters have never been more different.

Finola is the oldest, most d
Chris Conley
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No one, absolutely no one, writes stories about sisters as well as Susan Mallery. All of her books are wonderful but she has a special magic when the story involves the dynamics of the sister relationship. Everyone in this book, except for Glen, is a wonderful personality. I love her books.
Marlene
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Reading Reality

Last week when I posted the Excerpt and Spotlight for this book, I said that I’d be reviewing it shortly. This is shortly. Probably also a bit longly, as I seldom write short reviews – and this isn’t going to be one.

I can’t do short for this because there are three separate stories packed into this lovely bit of Women’s Fiction. (A term that is attempting to morph into “Relationship Fiction” but I digress.)

Like both of her previous standalone titles, When W
Kathryn
3.5 stars. Review to follow.
Blodeuedd Finland
This is the story of 3 sisters who all get dumped on the same day.

Ali was my favorite of the sisters. She gets dumped 2 months before her wedding and her fiance does not even do it himself. The more I heard of him I was all, you should have dumped him long ago.
And his brother Daniel, omg, what a man! He was everything her sucky fiance should have been. So yes obvi something will start to grow there

Finola was somewhat cold. She was just so career oriented. Of course that did not give her husband
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
#FirstLine ~ "They're frying bacon!"

I loved this book. It was a book that made me ponder the ways families function. It really shows that love and family are complicated things. That even the most loving families face challenges and disagreements. It really brings to light how people and families process through difficult times. It shows how three very different daughters can grow up in the same home, but process and perceive it all so differently. That each of them had their own version of the
Debra
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm not a big romance fan but when I had the opportunity to review this book, I thought it would be fun. It was.

California Girls is a chick lit, rom-com novel. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Mallery creates a family of modern California girls---a local TV celebrity, an OR nurse, and a warehouse manager. They're all sisters with a mother to write home about. Mom is so desperate for her girls to be in a relationship that she sets her straight daughter up with a lesbian acquaintance.
Dawn Frazier
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book!
Brei
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come
Sharon
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sisters Ali, Zennie, and Finola are having a rough time in the relationship department - they've all been dumped in the same week. Ali's fiancé sent his brother to break off their engagement; Finola finds out her husband is having an affair with a pop sensation who is a guest on the talk show she hosts; and Zennie just doesn't see the point in dating, a fact her latest date notices before he breaks it off with her.

Each sister copes with the breakup in her own way. Ali tackles the task of unplann
Jacquie
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just when the world seems against them, three sisters find an inner strength and a bond they never expected.

Television personality, Finola is finally ready to give her husband his greatest desire-children. She plans to tell him on a rare getaway that goes awry when she learns he’s been having an affair.

Zinnie is happy on her own. She’s focused on a nursing career and only dates because it’s ‘the thing to do.’ So, when her best friend (a cancer survivor) approaches her to be a surrogate, Zinnie j
Alison
Three sisters, three very different lives, all of which are going to change beyond recognition.

Finola the oldest is the host of a TV show, married to a plastic surgeon and about to go on holiday where they will finally start trying for a baby. Zennie is highly skilled OR nurse, single and dedicated to her work she really doesn't see the point of dating although she's going through the motions with a guy she's dated a few times. Ali, the youngest is busy planning her upcoming wedding. Then in one
Hallie
Thank you to Harlequin Books for a free review copy.

California Girls is full of feel-good sister moments that center around starting again and taking responsibility for your own happiness. Finola, Zennie, and Ali are all dealing with the aftermath of breakups and what it means for their future. Susan Mallery meshes romance and women’s lit in this story.

Finola, wrecked by her husband’s infidelity with a pop star, feels like her life is over. She questions how she will ever be able to move on whi
Sue
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I love books about sisters because I am very close to my two sisters. This novel was true to life - the three sisters argued with each other and were honest with each other even if it was brutal but most importantly they loved each other and supported each other in every phase of their lives.

All three sisters go through a break up the same week while their mom was constantly nagging them about giving her grandchildren.
-Finola is a popular morning show host who feels that she and her husband Nige
Pj Ausdenmore
Susan Mallery is one of the best authors out there for creating flawed characters woven into complex family dynamics as evidenced in her newest novel, California Girls. These three sisters, and their self-absorbed mother, could not be more different yet beneath their differences runs a strong bond of connection that, while stretched to its limit, is never broken. It's those contradictions, and connections, that pulled me into this story and held my attention throughout.

Infusing their journeys wi
Cheryl
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This latest offering from author, Susan Mallery is one not to be missed. California Girls needs to be in your bag for spring reading.

Sisters, Finola, Zennie, and Ali were great. Each sister was different in her own way. I loved this about them. Their personalities showed in this book. Although my favorite was probably Ali. She was more free spirited. The love connection between Ali and Daniel did produce real sparks. They made a good match.

I felt bad for Finola. It is bad enough learning that
Allison Raggio
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5*

This book tells the story of three sisters, who couldn't be more different, all experiencing a painful breakup at the same time, each of them learning a different lesson: Ali's fiancé doesn't even have the guts to break off their engagement weeks be
Vickie Gardner
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved all of Susan's books about sisters but this is the best yet. Three totally different sisters all get dumped by their significant others on the same day. Finola, the oldest finds out her husband is having an affair in the most humiliating way. Zennie who thinks she really doesn't need anyman for happiness thinks she doesn't care her most recent guy calls it quits and Ali, the youngest almost gets left at he alter but her she is saved embarrassment by her future brother in law who sec ...more
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • The View from Alameda Island
  • Your Love Is Mine (Maine Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #19)
  • Life and Other Inconveniences
  • Summer of '69
  • Unforgettable You (Silver Springs, #5)
  • Summer by the Tides
  • A Soldier's Return
  • Marrying My Cowboy
  • Suddenly Mine (Montgomery Brothers, #8)
  • Sunset Beach
  • The Promise (Neighbor from Hell, #10)
  • Fatal Reckoning (Fatal, #14)
  • The McAvoy Sisters Book of Secrets: A Novel
  • #Burn (Fever Falls #2)
  • Best Family Ever (Baxter Family Children, #1)
  • Good Riddance
  • Under the Table
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more